SX main wins on all 4 brands

ando
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 7:43am
With Chad's win on Sat night he has now won SX main events on all 4 major brands (I know we should be talking about 5 now with KTM but they haven't been around long enough for this sort of record).

Has anyone else achieved this?

RC did it on 3, MC on 3, JS at least 2 (did he win a main on the Suzuki?)... it would have to be someone before the MC era but I don't know enough about riders back that far, and records are a bit hard to come by from then.
|
tomm55x
2/23/2015 5:04am
Racer x vault has almost every record there is, yes James Stewart won a sx main on a Suzuki.
Mikkis
2/23/2015 5:07am
ando wrote:
With Chad's win on Sat night he has now won SX main events on all 4 major brands (I know we should be talking about 5...
With Chad's win on Sat night he has now won SX main events on all 4 major brands (I know we should be talking about 5 now with KTM but they haven't been around long enough for this sort of record).

RC did it on 3, MC on 3, JS at least 2 (did he win a main on the Suzuki?)... it would have to be someone before the MC era but I don't know enough about riders back that far, and records are a bit hard to come by from then.
Did you miss entire 2014 season?

The Shop

ando
2/23/2015 5:21am
ando wrote:
With Chad's win on Sat night he has now won SX main events on all 4 major brands (I know we should be talking about 5...

Mikkis wrote:
Yes, apparently so!!

I admit I haven't been following results closely the last couple of years.

Anyway the question still stands...
Mikkis
2/23/2015 5:24am
ando wrote:

Mikkis wrote:
ando wrote:
Yes, apparently so!!

I admit I haven't been following results closely the last couple of years.

Anyway the question still stands...
Reed won 2 mains last year with kawi. JS won 5 mains last year with suzuki...

Reed has won with 4 different brands, Kawi, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha.
ando
2/23/2015 5:26am
tomm55x wrote:
Racer x vault has almost every record there is, yes James Stewart won a sx main on a Suzuki.
OK, I hadn't seen their vault, some good stuff in there.

After some quick looking it wasn't RJ, Ward, Stanton, Hannah, Bailey, Barnett or Bradshaw...
Olson
2/23/2015 5:51am
I thought this post was going to be about Kawi, Honda, KTM and Suzuki have been on the top step this season in the 450 class. Since Reed already put Kawi on the top step last year. We're only waiting for Peick and Anderson to get top step. That would be awesome.
web mx
2/23/2015 6:02am
ando wrote:

If you wanted to include 125 sx main wins then MC would have 4 brands with his 1990 vegas win on kawasaki. other wise it looks like Reed is the only one with 4 different brands.
APLMAN99
2/23/2015 7:32am
ando wrote:

40 years isn't long enough...........?
Flex
2/23/2015 7:33am
James won 5 last year on a Suzuki and 1 in 2013 on the Suzuki. So yes, he has 6 Wins on a Suzuki in supercross.

And What!!?!?!??!? KTM has been around a LONG time...
Darryl916
2/23/2015 7:43am
KTM hasn't been competitive in SX for long is what they mean.

Post a reply to: SX main wins on all 4 brands

The Latest