What if they did a 6 race series on 125's
During 1st half the SX series
And
250 2 stroke series for 6 races
During 2nd half
Just using 6 races as an example could be a different #
Make it a 10 lap Main
Run timed Qualifying and take the top 20 for each race,
The fans Get there 2 stroke fix and doesn't take anything away from the 250f 450f series

Personally I would love to see this in SX and MX

|

10/22/2018 3:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 3:08 PM

Like the idea but I am not sure how it would work in SX.

Big issue would be the fact that tracks now are designed for 4 strokes. For straight rhythm they had to change the jumps significantly, even the 125's were not jumping the finish line jump in practice.

|

10/22/2018 3:13 PM

Was that a haiku?

|

-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

10/22/2018 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 3:15 PM

689 wrote:

Big issue would be the fact that tracks now are designed for 4 strokes. For straight rhythm they had to change the jumps significantly, even the 125's were not jumping the finish line jump in practice.

I'm talking about a pro class I think they can figure it out , if there are some jumps they can't do that's ok imo
(They meaning the pro Riders)

|

10/22/2018 3:16 PM

Ok, not a bad idea. BUT, who races it? Do you get old pros that know how to ride SX? Do you let amateurs ride it? And how do you make sure more than 5 guys sign up for every round?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/22/2018 3:18 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Ok, not a bad idea. BUT, who races it? Do you get old pros that know how to ride SX? Do you let amateurs ride it? And how do you make sure more than 5 guys sign up for every round?

Pro's only which will be easy to figure out with top 20 lap times, put up some prize money and gates will be full
If promoters Dont want to put up prize money. I think a two stroke class could find sponsorship
Just a hunch

|

10/22/2018 3:19 PM

689 wrote:

From what I saw, RBSR was too tight for the 2 strokes. They under estimated how fast these guys go. Guys were overjumping to flat and to the next jump faces. Including Carson Brown on a 125.

The tighter gaps did make for closer racing though by inducing mistakes which 95% were the same as I mentioned.

Im surprised there wasn't some massive endoes because of the tighter transitions, but these guys were using serious body english to jam the bike down into them. Did you see these guys sweating at a 45 second run? They were workin!

2 strokes can ride a normal SX track just fine. The track did make for some exciting racing, and maybe thats what full SX tracks need?

Tighter transitions, wall jumps, stuff that induces mistakes. I dunno, but RBSR was bad ass. If pros are doing a perfect lap each lap, its too easy, and built too easy.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/22/2018 3:24 PM

Some ideas for who would likely be the riders
I'd say ,local pro's in each area , guys that are usually getting lapped in other classes , ex pro's . Guys that running the opposite coast in 250f class maybe

|

10/22/2018 3:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 3:36 PM

The excitement that we saw this weekend was partially due to 2t's being "outlawed" for so long and finally seeing a "jailbreak". Whether that enthusiasm carries on forever is debatable.

I do agree there is a place for them in the big show, but my vote would be to lose the KTM minis and bring in Supermini's or 125's who are not age eligible for a Pro license (17 max).

If we ever see top Pro's on them, it would have to be an outlaw series, the current promoters are cucked by the manufacturers.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/22/2018 3:39 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

The excitement that we saw this weekend was partially due to 2t's being "outlawed" for so long and finally seeing a "jailbreak". Whether that enthusiasm carries on forever is debatable.

I do agree there is a place for them in the big show, but my vote would be to lose the KTM minis and bring in Supermini's or 125's who are not age eligible for a Pro license (17 max).

If we ever see top Pro's on them, it would have to be an outlaw series, the current promoters are cucked by the manufacturers.

Yeah maybe so ,oh well good conversation thread anyway .
I'd be curious to see some industry folks opinions
Like DC , JT , DV ,Anderson I know they all come on here.

|

10/22/2018 3:47 PM

Good in theory but a couple things come to mind, depending on what time of day/night this was slotted in:

1. The tracks already cannot handle the 20 minute mains, nor is there more time for maintenance during the night show. They would have to invest in much more dirt.

2. Outside of the riders already making the night show in 250/450 how many people out there are suited to race on a full SX track? Would it be 20 Ronnie Ford level guys? That's not real safe.

|

10/22/2018 3:50 PM

|

10/22/2018 3:51 PM

Alex814 wrote:

Good in theory but a couple things come to mind, depending on what time of day/night this was slotted in:

1. The tracks already cannot handle the 20 minute mains, nor is there more time for maintenance during the night show. They would have to invest in much more dirt.

2. Outside of the riders already making the night show in 250/450 how many people out there are suited to race on a full SX track? Would it be 20 Ronnie Ford level guys? That's not real safe.

As far as Guys they Haven't had any trouble Filling up the 125 class at the nationals, and that's with 40 on the gate in the other classes .
And I'm not positive but I dont think there was any prize money for that

|

10/22/2018 3:58 PM

I feel like half of the excitement around the RBSR was attributed tot he riders as much as the bikes. If RV and Dungey didn't show up do you think it goes as big as it did? And those guys sure as shit aren't signing up to do a 6 round 2 stroke series.

If its just local pros that nobody has heard of then it'll be cool for the hardcore super fans, but the rest of crowd will wonder why the slow guys on the bikes that smell funny aren't jumping the same quad that Eli or even the 250f guys are jumping.

|

10/22/2018 4:09 PM

Id be down for it as long as every single guy on the gate has a chance to win, it is a pro event after all.

|

10/22/2018 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 4:15 PM

Alex814 wrote:

People worry too much about the poor track. If it was a problem, they would handle it. There used to be plywood showing plenty of times in the distant past with 2 strokes.

I think there were quite a few amateur rounds last year for the SX series, and apparently a whole lot more this year which tells me that it was at least financially successful. Of course SX is not safe, that's part of the thrill.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/22/2018 4:15 PM

Sounds like a scheme for yamaha and ktm to promote their bikes.

|

10/22/2018 4:44 PM

I don't care what anyone says at this point because this past weekend's RBSR has sealed it in stone for me... This sport NEEDS a pro 2 Stroke Series. This thread is a great place to discuss the possibilities. I do like the idea of a limited round series with 10 lap mains to see how it goes.

Forget the "which bike is better/faster?" crap. The racing would be better/closer with 2 strokes, period. And that's what really matters... It doesn't matter if there's no household names on the line, if the guys are pro level the racing will take care of itself and the fans will eat it up.

|

James

10/22/2018 6:43 PM

why would it be wrong for the 2 major 2 stroke players to use a possible series to promote their brands? Not their faults the others have dropped the ball...it would be nice not to have the same homogolation rules though, thus maybe bringing in other makes like TM, etc.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/23/2018 1:51 AM

689 wrote:

"Big issue would be the fact that tracks now are designed for 4 strokes."

Hmm, I could swear Dungey is riding the KTM test track.

" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media

As for the 125's, some guys were going triple-triple in some sections and if they messed up they had to switch their rhythm. That's how it should be.

Nowadays riders can tip over in a corner before a triple, get back on the bike, give a quick blip of the throttle and sail right over it as it was nothing. No skills needed.

I've seen videos of supermini riders practicing for the Monster Energy Cup on the factory teams SX test tracks hitting the triples and rhythm sections. Pretty certain a modified 125 can do the same.

Here's Max Vohland at Straight Rhythm on a supermini.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @cozza771 on

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/23/2018 3:44 AM

All that's needed is a 125 class - bugger the manufacturers who don't have a 125.

And, Equivalency in the 250 (and 450 - it may encourage manufacturer to make a bigger capacity 2t, besides the 300s that exist now) class. Once again, bugger the manufacturers that don't have a 2t, or won't want to make a 2t.

2 simple changes - a 125 class, and Equivalency. There's nothing hard about it. Other than not bending over for a few manufacturers.

|