SX WIN BONUSES?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2013 6:02 PM

im curious since millsaps is on a rockstar suzuki, which gets no factorty help, does he get the same win bonus as someone like villopoto? which i heard can be upto $1ook a win ?

|

2/13/2013 6:02 PM

From the team? I highly doubt it, but he does get the same amount from the purse that anybody else would get.

|

2/13/2013 7:16 PM

He has to get a bonus from his team.....

|

2/13/2013 7:25 PM

fader418 wrote:

He does but I really doubt it's as large as the bonus that RV2 or RD5 is getting

|

2/13/2013 8:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2013 8:50 PM

Davi is a smart guy and I would bet he negotiated the same bonus money the factory riders would get.

|

2/13/2013 8:55 PM

Surprised you haven't got bitch slapped yet for asking about how much dough a rider makes!

That's taboo don't cha know?

|

2/13/2013 8:59 PM

fader418 wrote:

zehn wrote:

He does but I really doubt it's as large as the bonus that RV2 or RD5 is getting

True, those guys get 100 grand per win...

|

2/13/2013 9:08 PM

Whats wrong with knowing? I but the motorcycles , they ride, thw helmets they whare, pay to go to races. Thats where this sportis so far behind sports like nascar, football, baseball. Everything for the most part is out in the open,and this sport no body knows nothing, journalists included. But for davis sake get em!

|

2/14/2013 12:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 12:46 AM

MXBOY2661 wrote:

Whats wrong with knowing? I but the motorcycles , they ride, thw helmets they whare, pay to go to races. Thats where this ...more

I'm guessing English isn't your first language? Or is it?

|

2/14/2013 1:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 1:07 AM

MXBOY2661 wrote:

Whats wrong with knowing? I but the motorcycles , they ride, thw helmets they whare, pay to go to races. Thats where this ...more

A single baseball team probably has a higher net profit than what all of the SX teams pay to operate their teams combined.

|

2/14/2013 3:12 AM

One Biiiiiiilllllion dollars..........
Photo

|

2/14/2013 4:42 AM

Just like any contract, he gets a bonus from his various sponsors for wins, podiums, etc.

|

No Signature.

2/14/2013 4:58 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Davi is a smart guy and I would bet he negotiated the same bonus money the factory riders would get.

You can only negotiate so much though before they move on to the next rider. Past results speak volumes in a contract negotiation. RD5 and RV1 can demand a higher bonus structure based on prior recent results.

If salaries were negotiated in mid season, Davi would have a strong hand to play but I imagine that isn't the case.

|

2/14/2013 5:46 AM

I would imagine that after the season he had last year, (2nd in points, lots of podiums & laps lead...) he had some pretty good negotiating power.
I see no reason why he wouldn't have the same win $$ incentive in his contract.

|

Halfast816 wrote: My business would make me millions if I could figure out a way to buy a lot of people for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.......

2/14/2013 5:58 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

You can only negotiate so much though before they move on to the next rider. Past results speak volumes in a contract ...more

^^^^^^ Exactly

|

2/14/2013 6:25 AM

I'm willing to bet that he has a hefty bonus around the RV,/RD range especially since he had to pick up team gear, goggle and boot sponsors and couldn't get his own. He was able to get his own helmet deal with Bell though.

|

2/14/2013 7:33 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

You can only negotiate so much though before they move on to the next rider. Past results speak volumes in a contract ...more

He negotiated for a good salary so I'm sure he gets a good bonus to boot, probably just as good as RV and Dungey's bonus's. He was second in supercross last year and is getting more money then he was at JGR.

What most don't understand is the team doesn't pay the bonus money, they are payed by an insurance policie. I'm sure that the pemium for Millsaps to win is half what the premium Kawasaki pays for RV so Millsaps could very well get the same bonus money that any top rider gets.

|

2/14/2013 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 7:59 AM

71Fish wrote:

Just like any contract, he gets a bonus from his various sponsors for wins, podiums, etc.

****EDIT

Just like any contract ANYTHING CAN BE IN THERE.

Unless someone here is privy to the contract, nobody really knows what's in there.

|

2/14/2013 8:00 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

He negotiated for a good salary so I'm sure he gets a good bonus to boot, probably just as good as RV and Dungey's bonus's. He ...more

I thought that the insurance companies put the kabosh on that stuff?

|

2/14/2013 8:52 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

He negotiated for a good salary so I'm sure he gets a good bonus to boot, probably just as good as RV and Dungey's bonus's. He ...more

TripleFive wrote:

I thought Reed was the only one really to go that route. I'm definitely not in the know with any rider's compensation negotiation so I could be wrong. And I'm purely speculating since I don't think anyone knows what his contract looks like indefinitely. . .

As for Davi placing 2nd last year, I don't believe he was expected to do as well this year with this field. In the past, he's never been able to run with the top 6 or 7 (or whatever we have this year) so I doubt he was expected to perform the way he is. Makes his story all that much more awesome.

|

2/14/2013 9:12 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

TripleFive wrote:

Some still do, I imagine its not as easy as it was because investments don't pay like they use to. I know most use Loyds, thats who Reed used to in 09.

|

2/14/2013 9:14 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

TripleFive wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

I thought Reed was the only one really to go that route. I'm definitely not in the know with any rider's compensation ...more

Nope, the factories do it too. Suzuki couldn't pay RC 4 million a year in bonus money plus the salary he was making without it, stuff like that just isn't in the budget.

|

2/14/2013 9:33 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Some still do, I imagine its not as easy as it was because investments don't pay like they use to. I know most use Loyds, ...more

I was under the impression, probably wrong, that after the Reed deal in '09 Lloyd's of London decided to no longer issue these policies.

|

2/14/2013 9:41 AM

TripleFive wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Some still do, I imagine its not as easy as it was because investments don't pay like they use to. I know most use Loyds, ...more

TripleFive wrote:

I was under the impression, probably wrong, that after the Reed deal in '09 Lloyd's of London decided to no longer issue these ...more

Lloyds was still doing it in 2011. We got one back then

|

2/14/2013 10:14 AM

dv12.com wrote:

Lloyds was still doing it in 2011. We got one back then

for any particular rider whistling

|

2/14/2013 10:46 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

Since Davi was not predicted by anyone to win a race this season, I think that would make it a lot easier to negotiate a high win bonus. Like someone said earlier, if they are insured his premium is going to be a lot less than RV2 or RD5. So regardless if the bonuses are insured or not I don't think it's unlikely to think that he's getting win bonuses near what the Ryans are getting.

|

2/14/2013 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 10:58 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

flyinb501 wrote:

Since Davi was not predicted by anyone to win a race this season, I think that would make it a lot easier to negotiate a high ...more

That makes sense.

You would think a rider with a lower salary and higher win bonuses would be a more exciting racer to watch than a rider with a higher salary and a lower win bonus. Maybe that's the answer to more aggressive and close races.

|

2/14/2013 12:48 PM

braaap wrote:

Surprised you haven't got bitch slapped yet for asking about how much dough a rider makes!

That's taboo don't cha know?

It is?

|

2/14/2013 8:47 PM

Here is how it works. All of the major 450 and 250 contracts are insured. in fact the entire contract is insured for the $1M plus guys. bonuses, salaries, etc are insured.

Just an FYI. For the guys that arent predicted to be a podium, win, or championship threat bigger bonuses are easier to get. The premiums are less, and the amount of bones that need to be earned are less before the policy kicks into place.

Most good 450 bonuses are in the $60-75K/win range. There are a couple of $100K/win deals out there, but there are only a couple. None of the teams pay all of the bonuses anymore. Every single team has them insured.

|