SX Track Survey

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2021 12:19 PM

If it were up to you, how many rounds of Supercross would you like to see at Speedway (Daytona, Atlanta, etc)?

View Results

|

4/21/2021 12:24 PM

Split it down the middle....half in the tight stadiums...half on the EPIC Atlanta type tracks.

This may offend some people....but Atlanta BLEW Daytona OUT of the water by far.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/21/2021 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2021 2:15 PM

I think the outdoor Atlanta/Daytona tracks bring Supercross to a new level and would like to see more.

Also, after not allowing Supercross in ‘21- CA should not have any races (or maybe just one)..Stick with the states that stuck behind SX..

Forever move the CA rounds to Atlanta, TX and FL..

|

4/21/2021 1:45 PM

I really like the longer lanes. I feel like they eliminate the main critique people have in the 4-stroke era: that everyone is jumping the same rhythms. Talented guys can pull off more difficult combos on the superspeedways.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/21/2021 1:56 PM

I really enjoyed watching the Atlanta rounds. The unique track was a breath of fresh air.

I watched the track map of SLC 1 today and was bored out of my mind with it. It was a direct counterpoint to the ATL tracks.

I don't wish to see traditional football stadium indoor tracks go away, but having a nice sprinkling of those outdoor speedway tracks would not only break up the monotony but I think we might come to appreciate the indoor tracks even more because of the variety.

|

4/21/2021 1:57 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think the outdoor Atlanta/Daytona tracks bring Supercross to a new level and would like to see more.

Also, after not ...more

Just because the leaders of this state have their heads up their ass is no reason to screw the fans who live here.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/21/2021 3:34 PM

At 6-8, I’m in “good company”. grin

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

4/21/2021 3:40 PM

The only drawback to the speedway tracks for me, would be actually attending a race in person since the seating is only on one side of the track (and fairly distant)

The ATL rounds were fun to watch on tv tho

|

4/21/2021 3:40 PM

I was in the 6-8 range, and then I watched the video of this week's SLC track. Changed my vote to 17.

|

4/21/2021 4:24 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Also, after not ...more

Haha, you're funny. Keep dreamin'.

|

James

4/21/2021 5:52 PM

I must say I enjoyed the ATL tracks far more than any others from this year or last. It definitely helps that they were able to get a lot more dirt (per Matthes they got a bunch of free dirt) and even Sexton mentioned how the jumps and rhythms were way better.

If we could get a 3 races in 1 week schedule at ATL speedway every year, I'd be totally stoked. They could start a whole new tradition and have 1 great thing come from this covid pandemic crap.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

4/21/2021 6:21 PM

2 at Anaheim,
1 at SD,
2 at Glendale,
(2 at a Speedway venue on the west)
1 at Houston,
1 at Indy,
1 at Daytona (traditional/prestigious 1 off event)
1 at St Louis
3 at Atlanta speedway
2 at SLC (for supporting the sport during peak Covid)
1 at Vegas

|

4/21/2021 8:04 PM

Enjoyed the Atlanta rounds best so far.

|

4/21/2021 8:28 PM

1-2 at Atalanta, 1 at Daytona, 1-2 at Texas Motor Speedway.

boom

|

4/22/2021 4:24 PM

Between 3 and 8 would be OK, but who thinks that they should squeeze in a real tight arenacross like race. Something between Bercy (Original), Geneva and Supercross Lille.

|

4/22/2021 5:24 PM

The heck with Anaheim. I would so be there if they raced at Fontana Raceway. 3 race residency. The place is huge, people could camp for the week. Take the RV, work remotely, or drive to work from the track. Friends and family could come hang out and bar b q during the week. There could be support events/concerts/whatever during the weeknights. Run the driving schools and go kart track during the week. Friday night street drags on the 1/8 mile, run what ya brung!
pit bike racing, freestyle shows, rc car racing, bmx...

|

4/22/2021 8:56 PM

One of them needs to be an East/West Showdown.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/23/2021 5:12 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

One of them needs to be an East/West Showdown.

I agree 100%

|