SX Observations as of SF...

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:58am
San Fransisco brought some "Changing of The Gaurd"...as usual...

R.V. got himself a new Trainer, Derin Stockton, and the results are already improving: RV's back! 52 Second Lap-time...

Wey got on the Factory scoot and is putting it to good use! Best result in, what, 2 years? (He really did things right for those folks that 'picked' him in Fantasy-Teams! 30 POINTS!)

The JGR riders are settling in and Brayton's learning how to move forward.

Milsaps is starting to ride like a Factory Rider...Finally! Can he hit the podium consistently?

Dungey has proved himself as a TOUGH Athlete...did you see that fall? Glad those aren't MY ankles! Notice that he said "Screw IT!" on that triple for the rest of the race?

Shorty continues to "Linger"...

Hahn! Finally breaks into the Top 10...Races his way INTO the Top 10! And...He's 10th in points! Nice! (Effectively 9th since Stewart's not lookin' to be back for a while...)

Langston NOT making the Main?

Then there's those REAL PRIVATEERS in the TOP 20 like:
Manuel Rivas 17th (aka Gomez)
Fabian Izoird 18th
Cyrille Coulon 20th

Then there's the latest "possibility"... A certain Fast Aussie comin' to the U.S. for the rest of SX?
(Heard it from a tattoo'd lil' bird)

It's turnin' out to be a HELLUVA Season!

|
Sandberm
2/1/2010 1:34pm
Not even RV credited his new trainer for the win. I would say most of the credit should go to Ryan Dungey for crashing and to the favorible soil conditions to northwest types, Villopoto and Hill.

My only observation is, how did Millsaps get so fast all of a sudden? He looked like he had twice the energy and mobility on the bike he usually does.
Pilk
2/1/2010 1:44pm
They mentioned something on the telecast about finding out there was Creatine or something in some vitamins he was taking that was negatively affecting his performance. Who knows, but I think they mentioned something along those lines.
TeamGreen
2/1/2010 1:49pm
Davey said he's "Changed Up" his program...I say he wants to keep his Job.

He's been runnin' around 8th-9th for too long...

He's better than that and so is his Team.
straight^
2/1/2010 1:49pm
Pilk wrote:
They mentioned something on the telecast about finding out there was Creatine or something in some vitamins he was taking that was negatively affecting his performance...
They mentioned something on the telecast about finding out there was Creatine or something in some vitamins he was taking that was negatively affecting his performance. Who knows, but I think they mentioned something along those lines.
Creatine? It's a moto killer?? Really???

The Shop

2/1/2010 1:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Davey said he's "Changed Up" his program...I say he wants to keep his Job. He's been runnin' around 8th-9th for too long... He's better than that...

It sure is funny what an expiring contract will do to motivate some of these guys.

And I'd say he owes the Honda guys a LOT more than a sporadic 3rd or 2nd to make up for all of the hours they put in towards providing him with the very best equipment possible.

The kid has it in him to win every single week. He just has to want to make it happen.
TeamGreen
2/1/2010 2:38pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Davey said he's "Changed Up" his program...I say he wants to keep his Job. He's been runnin' around 8th-9th for too long... He's better than that...

It sure is funny what an expiring contract will do to motivate some of these guys. And I'd say he owes the Honda guys a LOT...
It sure is funny what an expiring contract will do to motivate some of these guys.

And I'd say he owes the Honda guys a LOT more than a sporadic 3rd or 2nd to make up for all of the hours they put in towards providing him with the very best equipment possible.

The kid has it in him to win every single week. He just has to want to make it happen.
I couldn't agree more
MXR
2/1/2010 5:21pm
Millsaps eeeks out a podium 2-3 times year . Just enough for the idiots at Honda to give him another contract .
TeamGreen
2/1/2010 5:33pm
MXR wrote:
Millsaps eeeks out a podium 2-3 times year . Just enough for the idiots at Honda to give him another contract .
OUCH! The Truth? Maybe...?
TeamGreen
2/1/2010 5:37pm
Can't believe no-one's wondering about this:

Then there's the latest "possibility"... A certain Fast Aussie comin' to the U.S. for the rest of SX?

Oh, and I ain't talkin' about the Moss-bro's...I'm jus' sayin'...
500guy
2/1/2010 5:44pm
I think Milsaps night was another flash in the pan, until he rides like that 6-8 weeks in a row, I ain't buying it.
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
2/1/2010 6:44pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Can't believe no-one's wondering about this: [b]Then there's the latest "possibility"... A certain Fast Aussie comin' to the U.S. for the rest of SX? (Heard it...

Who is it? The kid that rode for KTM? I forgot his name
TeamGreen
2/1/2010 6:59pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Can't believe no-one's wondering about this: [b]Then there's the latest "possibility"... A certain Fast Aussie comin' to the U.S. for the rest of SX? (Heard it...

Maybe an Older-Guy?
Sandberm
2/1/2010 8:17pm
Thats what we need, somebody to come over from Australia and take a position away from Manuel Rivas or Cyril Coulon for 16th place. I fail to see the hype, though I invite all peoples of the world to come race our series.
txmxer
2/1/2010 8:23pm
Pretty good writeup TG.

I'm thinking this season is just starting to boil. Looking forward to some good racing.
Whitey
2/1/2010 8:32pm
Tye Simmonds
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
2/2/2010 1:33am
TeamGreen wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Maybe an Older-Guy?
Craig Dack Whistling
mxdancer
2/2/2010 9:53am
TeamGreen wrote:
San Fransisco brought some "Changing of The Gaurd"...as usual... R.V. got himself a new Trainer, Derin Stockton, and the results are already improving: RV's back! [b]52...

R.V. got himself a new Trainer, Derin Stockton, and the results are already improving: RV's back! 52 Second Lap-time...

Wey got on the Factory scoot and is putting it to good use! Best result in, what, 2 years? (He really did things right for those folks that 'picked' him in Fantasy-Teams! 30 POINTS!)

Milsaps is starting to ride like a Factory Rider...Finally! Can he hit the podium consistently?

Dungey has proved himself as a TOUGH Athlete...did you see that fall? Glad those aren't MY ankles! Notice that he said "Screw IT!" on that triple for the rest of the race?

Hahn! Finally breaks into the Top 10...Races his way INTO the Top 10! And...He's 10th in points! Nice! (Effectively 9th since Stewart's not lookin' to be back for a while...)

Fabian Izoird 18th
Cyrille Coulon 20th

Fabian Izoird 18th
Cyrille Coulon 20th

Does this mean that you don't consider Chris Blose a 'real privateer'? He's setting 19th in points and, 'by definition,' is a true privateer.

Gma B
TeamGreen
2/2/2010 10:16am
TeamGreen wrote:
San Fransisco brought some "Changing of The Gaurd"...as usual... R.V. got himself a new Trainer, Derin Stockton, and the results are already improving: RV's back! [b]52...

Fabian Izoird 18th
Cyrille Coulon 20th

mxdancer wrote:
Then there's those REAL PRIVATEERS in the TOP 20 like: Manuel Rivas 17th (aka Gomez) Fabian Izoird 18th Cyrille Coulon 20th Does this mean that you...
Fabian Izoird 18th
Cyrille Coulon 20th

Does this mean that you don't consider Chris Blose a 'real privateer'? He's setting 19th in points and, 'by definition,' is a true privateer.

Gma B
Dearest Gramma,

I've been an "Advocate" of Chris's for a while and, in-fact, was told how "Full-of-Shit" I was when I suggested he was goin' to H-n-H during the whole "Where's Chris goin' " fiasco...(As you may re-call...?)

However, you are owed an explanation: "Real Privateers" to me...and some others in the biz.... are Racin' outta their pick-up truck or some "Less than normally/well funded" Team.

This is NOT a "dis" to the rider or the Team...at all!

In-fact: a lot of these smaller teams are run by Heroes. People that are making dreams come true on pennies...

Real Privateers.

Chris is on a well funded Team that is owned and operated by someone who spends a lot of money because he loves this sport and feels it's good for his "Brand" to stay involved in it.

Chris ain't a "Privateer" to me...I call him a "Outside Sponsored Team" rider...I think he needs to bump it up a notch; because, he could make it to the Next-Level...

Btw, he's been on some of my 'Fantasy-Picks'...

I'm jus' sayin'...
mxdancer
2/2/2010 11:07am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:31pm
Sorry...if I came across as negative, just wanted an explanation. But, by true definition, he is a privateer. He is also a rooky in this class. Chris had to make some really big decisions this year. Did he want to stay in the Lites class and give up his chance to be in the Championship running? or did he want to just take the plunge and hopefully make it in to the top 15 or 20 in the big bike class. I can tell you, for certain, it was not an easy decision for him.

Chris certainly has done his time in the trenches as a TRUE PRIVATEER; Living on little or nothing to get from one race to the next with only the support of his family, a few loyal supporters and some sponsors that believed in him. To them he owes a debt of gratitude for sure. Some of you may recall a pic posted a couple of years ago at the Colorado mx race where Chris was pitted out of the trunk of his rental car with only a canopy for shade. His biggest break came last year when Troy Lee needed a replacement rider. Chris got the fill-in position and took full advantage of it. Earning his stripes in the 450 class will not be easy. But, he has the heart and the desire to make it happen. Somtimes good things take time to happen. But, never count him out of the top 10; even this year. Smile

Gma B
500guy
2/2/2010 11:11am
Look at Privateer points Tedesco is leading. WTF man I'm sure he's riding for a decent salary.
Zycki11
2/2/2010 11:31am
With factory parts. For the love of a beaten giraffe, will they please give out privateer points to those who truly. Are privateers... We all know who they. Are. It is not Tedesco and alike.
mxdancer
2/2/2010 11:37am
500guy wrote:
Look at Privateer points Tedesco is leading. WTF man I'm sure he's riding for a decent salary.
Prize money in the Lites class (or whatever they call it now) is pathetic, to say the least. Only the top few Lites class riders are making much in the way of salaries either. So, for Chris (of course) alot of his decision was based on $s. He either had to start making some money racing or quit. Chris is no quiter.
mxdancer
2/2/2010 11:40am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:31pm
Zycki11 wrote:
With factory parts. For the love of a beaten giraffe, will they please give out privateer points to those who truly. Are privateers... We all know...
With factory parts. For the love of a beaten giraffe, will they please give out privateer points to those who truly. Are privateers... We all know who they. Are. It is not Tedesco and alike.
Well, I guess that still makes Chris a 'true privateer' because H&H is not factory backed, nor is he privy to any factory parts.
jeffro756
2/2/2010 11:40am
nice to have your input gma b. I wish chris the best, haven't heard much of him this year sans his heat finish in sf. I hope he starts having better luck in the mains.
Zycki11
2/2/2010 12:04pm
I would like to see rewards given to different levels. Support riders(on teams without factory backing), also true privateers(box vans)

Post a reply to: SX Observations as of SF...

The Latest