SX/MX mechanic salary?

Highsider
12/4/2011 8:28am
Have you seen the new video about "mechanics of the stars?' All about their cars and toys and houses......chicks too.
Have you seen the new video about "mechanics of the stars?' All about their cars and toys and houses......chicks too.
Yeah, it is a great piece of fiction!Laughing
bvm111
12/4/2011 10:17am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2011 10:18am
jndmx wrote:
I don't have any figures to give you maybe someone else can. I do know this topic has been discussed before and the general opinion is...
I don't have any figures to give you maybe someone else can.

I do know this topic has been discussed before and the general opinion is that you better want to do it for the love of the sport not the money.

If you're young and have little responsibilty or bills to pay then now is the time to do it.
Either way man just have fun with it.....you never know where it will lead you.
Yeah that's the thing... I'm currently employed at an engineering job that I've held for about 2 years, and with a degree in Engineering from Purdue...
Yeah that's the thing... I'm currently employed at an engineering job that I've held for about 2 years, and with a degree in Engineering from Purdue I figured I would be well off. Well needless to say the pay isn't what I wish it would be and I dread going to work every day. To have a job that I would be excited to wake up and go to is priceless to me at this point, because if I'm struggling with not being paid much I might as well be doing something I love.

And I know that in this industry it's all about connections, so if you can make the right ones a guy like me could possibly go from being a mechanic to maybe being an engineer or something with the OEMs or big aftermarket players or something... it's just getting your foot in the door that sucks, since nobody in the industry really puts out job postings or help wanted ads lol

And where I could sacrifice for a year or two while getting my foot in the door knowing that the grass is probably greener on the other side, my wife won't even let me take the risk if there isn't the pay there to go with it Sad
take the risk...try it for a year and if you dont like this one use the opportunity to try to secure a better job within the industry that you can use your "degree" with within the industry. Its not what you know its who you know and you will never meet those industry types without being in the industry.... it wont happen over night but the worst you will loose is a year and crappy pay from a job you hate .... oh and maybe your wife.... but what the hell there are hot chicks everywhere, if you dont believe me look in the Mercedes Terrel Thread ....Woohoo
yosmithy
12/6/2011 8:50am
If you can pass a security clearance (DOD)?

The Shop

Post a reply to: SX/MX mechanic salary?

The Latest