SX IN CANADA

Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 2:08pm
Being from Canada, always have to pay for watching the races. used to fork out $130 for sx and another $150 for outdoors, finally got around to buying a VPN, currently have a Peacock account, but I can’t purchase premium even though my VPN is active, keeps saying ‘whoops sorry there’s been a problem, please try again’ any suggestions ???
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/10/2021 11:36pm
ElRydré23 wrote:
Being from Canada, always have to pay for watching the races. used to fork out $130 for sx and another $150 for outdoors, finally got around...
Being from Canada, always have to pay for watching the races. used to fork out $130 for sx and another $150 for outdoors, finally got around to buying a VPN, currently have a Peacock account, but I can’t purchase premium even though my VPN is active, keeps saying ‘whoops sorry there’s been a problem, please try again’ any suggestions ???
For some reason a VPN doesn't work. Other's have tried and it doesn't want to process the payment.

It looks like the only option for us is the video pass from Feld at $130 USD.

Sucks to be a fan if you're not from the US.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
1/11/2021 5:18am
Just split the pass with a few buddies. I don’t know how they haven’t stopped this yet, but it works.

Regardless if you’re paying full pop (say $200CDN) all in that’s basically $12 per event. Pretty cheap entertainment in my opinion.
Rooster
1/11/2021 3:46pm
ElRydré23 wrote:
Being from Canada, always have to pay for watching the races. used to fork out $130 for sx and another $150 for outdoors, finally got around...
You probably need a US based credit card to purchase it. Ran into the same thing down in California. Was in the US but they wouldn't take a Canadian credit card to process the payment.

If they have alternative payment option you might get around it. I'd say whip across the border if you're close and buy a pre-loaded US based card to make the payment with, but y'know. Plague rats and closed borders and stuff.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/11/2021 3:56pm
Rooster wrote:
You probably need a US based credit card to purchase it. Ran into the same thing down in California. Was in the US but they wouldn't...
You probably need a US based credit card to purchase it. Ran into the same thing down in California. Was in the US but they wouldn't take a Canadian credit card to process the payment.

If they have alternative payment option you might get around it. I'd say whip across the border if you're close and buy a pre-loaded US based card to make the payment with, but y'know. Plague rats and closed borders and stuff.
PayPal doesn't work either.

The Shop

newage
1/11/2021 3:56pm

NO ONE should try and bypass the streaming fee this season.

Support the SPORT!
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
1/11/2021 4:25pm
$130 - you can easily spend more than that on something for your bike that you wont get anywhere near the joy from - compared with watching the motocross / supercross season live and bench racing with ya mates
TeamGreen
1/11/2021 4:39pm
ElRydré23 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For some reason a VPN doesn't work. Other's have tried and it doesn't want to process the payment. It looks like the only option for us...
For some reason a VPN doesn't work. Other's have tried and it doesn't want to process the payment.

Mav,

Can you guys get someone in the states to get a subscription & you guys watch as a remote log in on their device?

Or can you Sling it?
1/11/2021 5:44pm
ElRydré23 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For some reason a VPN doesn't work. Other's have tried and it doesn't want to process the payment. It looks like the only option for us...

TeamGreen wrote:
Mav, Can you guys get someone in the states to get a subscription & you guys watch as a remote log in on their device? Or...
Mav,

Can you guys get someone in the states to get a subscription & you guys watch as a remote log in on their device?

Or can you Sling it?
I tried using PayPal too, same thing.
Ended up renewing my SX live pass. Really sucks for the Canadian enthusiast of the sport. Still don’t know how they plan on expanding the sport when the average consumer can’t get it outside of the US without spending $130USD for one series Sad
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/11/2021 5:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Mav, Can you guys get someone in the states to get a subscription & you guys watch as a remote log in on their device? Or...
Mav,

Or can you Sling it?
To be honest, I'm not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say that it probably wouldn't work.

Usually it detects you're not in the US and blocks it. Maybe would work with the use of a VPN, but like it was been mentioned in another thread, even with one it wouldn't process the payment using PayPal.
Mavetism
1/11/2021 6:05pm
The only thing we international people have is watching american nbcsn via streams. But from what I've heard nbcsn doesn't always air sx live? It does air on the normal nbcsn channel, right?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/11/2021 6:18pm
Mavetism wrote:
The only thing we international people have is watching american nbcsn via streams. But from what I've heard nbcsn doesn't always air sx live? It does...
The only thing we international people have is watching american nbcsn via streams. But from what I've heard nbcsn doesn't always air sx live? It does air on the normal nbcsn channel, right?
The TV schedule for rounds 13-17 hasn't been posted, but looks like round 2, 5, 11, and 12 are all delayed broadcast. The rest air live.
MauriceR
Fantasy
211th
1/11/2021 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2021 7:07pm
i used motoworldtv.com all last year with no problems, sx,mx,mxgp, canadian nationals, and more, the renewal this year was $110 canadian https://www.motoworldtv.com

nickm
1/11/2021 7:28pm
I just pay whatever the Feld $130 fee. No hassle, no bs, just watch it on any of my devices. I'm grumpy when I pay the $130 bucks, then I forget about it the moment the races start. Also nice to have instant access to all SX back to 2010!
hogkiller
1/11/2021 7:46pm
newage wrote:

Support the SPORT!
yes all us out of work Canadians should support sports in the USA lol NO , but i will support Canadian mx and watch US SX the next day on daily motion for free
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/11/2021 7:51pm
newage wrote:

Support the SPORT!
We aren't in fact trying to circumvent the system-we are actually trying to find a way to PAY for the stream like we have in past years using NBC Sports Gold because we could get both the SX and MX seasons in a package but this new peacock package won't allow us to sign up the way we used to. Many of us who living outside the US went to the extra expense to get a VPN service so we can get a US IP address that let us sign up and pay for it, so we are all understandably disappointed in this development. No one is trying to scam anyone FYI (at least the members in these threads trying to figure this out before this weekend).
1/11/2021 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2021 10:05pm
Quit being cheap. I can’t believe this is even a topic of conversation, compared to other sports pricing and pay per view etc. It blows me away someone could actually bitch. The amount of content on the app, and quality is worth every single penny. I lived in rural bumfuck nowhere for 3 years and never once had an issue with the stream. As I Canadian I will gladly pay for the stream of US content because our joke of a series up here isn’t worth a toonie. And if your just truly a cheap ass enjoy the quality of the garbage you pay for. Sorry to be such a prick but seriously, this topics a joke.
1/11/2021 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2021 10:18pm
newage wrote:

Support the SPORT!
bents wrote:
We aren't in fact trying to circumvent the system-we are actually trying to find a way to PAY for the stream like we have in past...
We aren't in fact trying to circumvent the system-we are actually trying to find a way to PAY for the stream like we have in past years using NBC Sports Gold because we could get both the SX and MX seasons in a package but this new peacock package won't allow us to sign up the way we used to. Many of us who living outside the US went to the extra expense to get a VPN service so we can get a US IP address that let us sign up and pay for it, so we are all understandably disappointed in this development. No one is trying to scam anyone FYI (at least the members in these threads trying to figure this out before this weekend).
It’s not a service offered outside canada, sorry to say but tough shit. I’m Canadian and 5 years ago using a VPN, hoping you had a friend with satellite who would share their TV provider login or streaming off some bullshit site that gave your computer aids was the only chance we had to watch racing when speed and fox decided to ruin our day. The amount I spent on switching TV companies and pissing around to watch supercross was stupid. Now, it’s a simple one time payment subscription annually with no hassle no bullshit no strings attached. Our TV package alone is like $120 cad a month, and no NBC sports as an option. Again, if you want to cheap out and use a VPN now that we at least have an option to have a flawless service we’ll then I hope you enjoy the fuckaround and computer aids. Can’t fix stupid. Bring on the downvotes.
hyler199
1/11/2021 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2021 8:34pm
Yeah i by no means come from money but the retail price is fair for what im getting for the 1 of 2 sports I watch. (the other has a monthly subscription when its tournament season in which I also gladly pay for)

For quality video and ease of use through an app to me its worth it. I hope they dont crack down on people sharing accounts because I normally pass the login to my father and a buddy. All they have to do is get sent this thread to corporate lol
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/11/2021 9:07pm
newage wrote:

Support the SPORT!
bents wrote:
We aren't in fact trying to circumvent the system-we are actually trying to find a way to PAY for the stream like we have in past...
Brownie281 wrote:
It’s not a service offered outside canada, sorry to say but tough shit. I’m Canadian and 5 years ago using a VPN, hoping you had a...
It’s not a service offered outside canada, sorry to say but tough shit. I’m Canadian and 5 years ago using a VPN, hoping you had a friend with satellite who would share their TV provider login or streaming off some bullshit site that gave your computer aids was the only chance we had to watch racing when speed and fox decided to ruin our day. The amount I spent on switching TV companies and pissing around to watch supercross was stupid. Now, it’s a simple one time payment subscription annually with no hassle no bullshit no strings attached. Our TV package alone is like $120 cad a month, and no NBC sports as an option. Again, if you want to cheap out and use a VPN now that we at least have an option to have a flawless service we’ll then I hope you enjoy the fuckaround and computer aids. Can’t fix stupid. Bring on the downvotes.
Dude.....why so hostile? Not sure what your reading comprehension is like, but without being a douche I'm simply expressing many member's disappointment outside the US that what we used to use to watch both the SX and MX series through NBC Sports Gold won't work the same way with the new streaming service. The supercross live package only gives us SX, and often times people complained about the quality of the stream while the NBC stream worked flawlessly for me wherever I was in Canada and I travel a lot. Can't see how any of us "cheaped out" by using a VPN service we paid for, in addition to paying for NBC Gold. Maybe you missed that part. If all you can bring to the thread is showing what a dick you can be, well done, mission accomplished. Members in here tend to help each other in our aim to watch SX and MX, wherever they live.
Mavetism
1/11/2021 9:20pm
bents wrote:
Brownie281 wrote:
It’s not a service offered outside canada, sorry to say but tough shit. I’m Canadian and 5 years ago using a VPN, hoping you had a...
bents wrote:
Dude.....why so hostile? Not sure what your reading comprehension is like, but without being a douche I'm simply expressing many member's disappointment outside the US that...
Dude.....why so hostile? Not sure what your reading comprehension is like, but without being a douche I'm simply expressing many member's disappointment outside the US that what we used to use to watch both the SX and MX series through NBC Sports Gold won't work the same way with the new streaming service. The supercross live package only gives us SX, and often times people complained about the quality of the stream while the NBC stream worked flawlessly for me wherever I was in Canada and I travel a lot. Can't see how any of us "cheaped out" by using a VPN service we paid for, in addition to paying for NBC Gold. Maybe you missed that part. If all you can bring to the thread is showing what a dick you can be, well done, mission accomplished. Members in here tend to help each other in our aim to watch SX and MX, wherever they live.
Exactly this. The main reason we're pissed about is that we can't buy an sx/mx package anymore for around 99€ while we now have to pay 130€ for sx only while we still have NO clue how to even watch outdoors. Love how people say we should all support the sport while they don't even pay riders the right amount of money for what kind of risk they taking.

I gladly pay some money I worked for for good entertainment, that doesn't man I can't complain about a dogshit service for international fans.
1/11/2021 9:23pm
bents wrote:
Dude.....why so hostile? Not sure what your reading comprehension is like, but without being a douche I'm simply expressing many member's disappointment outside the US that...
I do not understand for one second how you could be disappointed, unless your just being cheap which I do not feel in the least bit sorry or like helping that situation. I’m not going to jump on the wagon of “If you can afford to ride you can afford the Subscription” but seriously if you cannot afford it and are looking for alternative cheaper routes when the service is out their then I’m sorry but adjust your priorities accordingly. I’m probably “hostile” because every single year this is brought up, and for the last few years running a very simple solution has been offered. Sure, I guess I’m a dick! Hardly ever do I feel the need to be but my god it’s mind blowing how much people bitch and whine about a subscription that works fine and is fairly priced for the content you receive. Again if you choose to whine about that and try alternative methods and end up empty handed because your trying to save a few bucks then I don’t feel sorry in the least bit for you. Thank you for the lecture of my reading comprehension and how I have bad morals, it really hurt my feelings. A great big Canadian sorry to you sir 🙂✌🏻
1/11/2021 9:28pm
Brownie281 wrote:
bents wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
Exactly this. The main reason we're pissed about is that we can't buy an sx/mx package anymore for around 99€ while we now have to pay...
Exactly this. The main reason we're pissed about is that we can't buy an sx/mx package anymore for around 99€ while we now have to pay 130€ for sx only while we still have NO clue how to even watch outdoors. Love how people say we should all support the sport while they don't even pay riders the right amount of money for what kind of risk they taking.

I gladly pay some money I worked for for good entertainment, that doesn't man I can't complain about a dogshit service for international fans.
Well when you figure out how to get the riders fair pay I’ll still be here waiting years down the road. And I’ll also be enjoying supercross live each event that totals $10.50 CDN for 3 Hours of HD content that wasn’t possible to have 5 years ago on this side of the border but keep being salty dude! I paid good money that I worked hard for yesterday and can’t wait for Saturday.
1/11/2021 10:11pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Highly disagree. It’s extremely easy to watch every single race live at any point of the day from your phone, Apple TV, computer etc. The only ones who have a hard time are the ones who make it hard on themselves and want a discount. I pay full retail along with plenty others, for a great product. The people who whine constantly are the ones who ruin it for guys like us who are thankful to even have an option to watch these races live. I wonder if they ask their race series for discounts and the gas attendant if they can knock a few bucks off for filling the truck on the way to the track? Hard to believe grown ass men struggle with a simple system.
Chrispmoto
1/11/2021 10:30pm
When I think of all the money I have spent over the last 20 years going down to the States for races, the 200$ is nothing and is the best entertainment value possible!
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/11/2021 10:51pm
bents wrote:
Brownie281 wrote:
I do not understand for one second how you could be disappointed, unless your just being cheap which I do not feel in the least bit...
I do not understand for one second how you could be disappointed, unless your just being cheap which I do not feel in the least bit sorry or like helping that situation. I’m not going to jump on the wagon of “If you can afford to ride you can afford the Subscription” but seriously if you cannot afford it and are looking for alternative cheaper routes when the service is out their then I’m sorry but adjust your priorities accordingly. I’m probably “hostile” because every single year this is brought up, and for the last few years running a very simple solution has been offered. Sure, I guess I’m a dick! Hardly ever do I feel the need to be but my god it’s mind blowing how much people bitch and whine about a subscription that works fine and is fairly priced for the content you receive. Again if you choose to whine about that and try alternative methods and end up empty handed because your trying to save a few bucks then I don’t feel sorry in the least bit for you. Thank you for the lecture of my reading comprehension and how I have bad morals, it really hurt my feelings. A great big Canadian sorry to you sir 🙂✌🏻
Oh boy......I'll try to speak slowly for you, so perhaps in this 3rd round you might actually understand the point of this thread. Please read BEFORE you start typing your response, and when doing so, please refer to the above quote in some form so we can try to understand your continued hostility and your lecturing about adjusting our priorities.

1st point-it isn't about the money for any of us, as I pointed out above. You seem stuck on this point.

2nd point-we would like to, if possible, buy the package that offers both SX and MX like we have in year's past, and gladly continue to pay for it, because, well, we can afford it.

3rd point-the NBC streaming service has proven to be better than the supercross live stream for international subscribers. We can afford this too, but preferred the other package because it not only offered both SX and MX, but the quality has proven to be better, hence the frustration and the desire to try and use the peacock subscription just like we did the NBC package, because it was a far superior package. I think you missed this point....again, not about the money.

4th point-it comes up every year because clearly people are unhappy with their ability to choose between the two streaming services. This is 2021 after all. MXGP doesn't exclude people outside continental Europe, nor does MotoGP-both of which I subscribe to, because, well, I can afford it, and I like many others here love racing.

5th point-You aren't making yourself look any better here with your replies to experienced members of this board as we simply debate the merits of online subscriptions. "Tough shit....whining, blows your mind, trying to save a few bucks, can't fix stupid....." Perhaps you should take a breath before you post, read what you have written, and ask yourself what you are trying to get across to members in this thread while not lecturing us on our priorities before pressing the old submit button.

1/11/2021 11:23pm
Brownie281 wrote:
Quit being cheap. I can’t believe this is even a topic of conversation, compared to other sports pricing and pay per view etc. It blows me...
Quit being cheap. I can’t believe this is even a topic of conversation, compared to other sports pricing and pay per view etc. It blows me away someone could actually bitch. The amount of content on the app, and quality is worth every single penny. I lived in rural bumfuck nowhere for 3 years and never once had an issue with the stream. As I Canadian I will gladly pay for the stream of US content because our joke of a series up here isn’t worth a toonie. And if your just truly a cheap ass enjoy the quality of the garbage you pay for. Sorry to be such a prick but seriously, this topics a joke.
I have no problems paying for the stream, as I am an enthusiast of the sport, I truly just wanted to know if there was a way to purchase Peacock Premium. But with it being a small sport to begin with, and it not being publicized (at least in Canada) that means the average guy flipping through channels Saturday night can't stumble across Supercross. The sport can't branch out and get more fans because the average guy isn't about to drop $200USD for a sport he's never heard of. I paid for the SX pass, but I just want to see our sport grow, and other people who don't know the first thing about bikes to follow along
1/11/2021 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2021 11:55pm
bents wrote:
Oh boy......I'll try to speak slowly for you, so perhaps in this 3rd round you might actually understand the point of this thread. Please read BEFORE...
Oh boy......I'll try to speak slowly for you, so perhaps in this 3rd round you might actually understand the point of this thread. Please read BEFORE you start typing your response, and when doing so, please refer to the above quote in some form so we can try to understand your continued hostility and your lecturing about adjusting our priorities.

1st point-it isn't about the money for any of us, as I pointed out above. You seem stuck on this point.

2nd point-we would like to, if possible, buy the package that offers both SX and MX like we have in year's past, and gladly continue to pay for it, because, well, we can afford it.

3rd point-the NBC streaming service has proven to be better than the supercross live stream for international subscribers. We can afford this too, but preferred the other package because it not only offered both SX and MX, but the quality has proven to be better, hence the frustration and the desire to try and use the peacock subscription just like we did the NBC package, because it was a far superior package. I think you missed this point....again, not about the money.

4th point-it comes up every year because clearly people are unhappy with their ability to choose between the two streaming services. This is 2021 after all. MXGP doesn't exclude people outside continental Europe, nor does MotoGP-both of which I subscribe to, because, well, I can afford it, and I like many others here love racing.

5th point-You aren't making yourself look any better here with your replies to experienced members of this board as we simply debate the merits of online subscriptions. "Tough shit....whining, blows your mind, trying to save a few bucks, can't fix stupid....." Perhaps you should take a breath before you post, read what you have written, and ask yourself what you are trying to get across to members in this thread while not lecturing us on our priorities before pressing the old submit button.

Well I apologize old balls if my online reputation of a public forum doesn’t consume me in the same ways it does for you. You glorified member badge will be in the mail ASAP, in the mean time I came by to leave an important notice for you since you feel the need to “slow it down” for me ima check the brakes here for you and give you a gift. Please read BEFORE trying to loophole the system and then wtfing all over the internet 😂

Also, please READ forum title before telling me that I’m the one going off topic and not understanding your take. This clearly started as a supercross series question and you made an attempt to redirect. I see in your profile there is a forum specific to what you mentioned, maybe try there for answers lmao. You can use my photo if you like!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2021 12:41am
newage wrote:

Support the SPORT!
bents wrote:
Brownie281 wrote:
"Can't fix stupid"

You got that right.

Paying over double the price for something that is being offered at $60 USD including the MX nationals South of the border, is in fact stupid.

If you feel like $130 USD is a deal and you gladly want to pay for it, that's your prerogative.

Feld offers no additional value for their pass, so why should it be over double the price to watch 1 series?

And as for you never having issues...

I bet you'll be the first to try and find a way around to watch the US nationals since it's currently not being offered to international viewers.

For a lot of people it's not about the money, but the principle.
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/12/2021 7:18am
bents wrote:
Oh boy......I'll try to speak slowly for you, so perhaps in this 3rd round you might actually understand the point of this thread. Please read BEFORE...

Brownie281 wrote:
Well I apologize old balls if my online reputation of a public forum doesn’t consume me in the same ways it does for you. You glorified...
Well I apologize old balls if my online reputation of a public forum doesn’t consume me in the same ways it does for you. You glorified member badge will be in the mail ASAP, in the mean time I came by to leave an important notice for you since you feel the need to “slow it down” for me ima check the brakes here for you and give you a gift. Please read BEFORE trying to loophole the system and then wtfing all over the internet 😂

Also, please READ forum title before telling me that I’m the one going off topic and not understanding your take. This clearly started as a supercross series question and you made an attempt to redirect. I see in your profile there is a forum specific to what you mentioned, maybe try there for answers lmao. You can use my photo if you like!
Thanks genius. The NBC Gold package said the exact same thing you knucklehead, but thanks for pointing that out. You haven't understood one point in this entire thread so carry on. SMH.

Post a reply to: SX IN CANADA

The Latest