STARK reviews...

RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2022 5:30pm
where are they? I know JT was riding last week.........what's the latest?
|
Jt$
5/18/2022 3:46pm
Embargo till June 10
BMc914
5/18/2022 10:23pm
JT$ lips are as tight as his sisters pants.

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
5/19/2022 4:16am
Jt$ wrote:
Embargo till June 10
just post again if it was great, don't post if it was underwhelming
I’m pulling my deposit based on no response to this tweet and placing it on a cyber truck.
5/19/2022 5:46am
Should I get a Varg or 300 SX? Hmm
22Ryann wrote:
Varg
A strong statement to make considering we have no reviews and the battery size is basically the same as the Alta (and the Alta is a fun machine but no where near competetive.)...
johnk408
5/19/2022 6:35am
I know Mosiman said he was headed to Europe this week to ride one for MXA, so maybe they will post something if allowed.
Payup_199
5/19/2022 7:44am
Jt$ wrote:
Embargo till June 10
Good thing Darkside wasn't invited Tongue
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/19/2022 7:50am
johnk408 wrote:
I know Mosiman said he was headed to Europe this week to ride one for MXA, so maybe they will post something if allowed.
The embargo allows all of us to post one or two social media posts until June 10th and that’s all. No riding video, no opinions, etc.
number six
5/19/2022 8:30am
ML512 wrote:
The embargo allows all of us to post one or two social media posts until June 10th and that’s all. No riding video, no opinions, etc.
How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified date.
Was the reason stated ?
Perhaps in fairness to those riding later than sooner ?
Extra time to close on the purchase of a private island in French Polynesia ?

5/19/2022 9:57am
Jt$ wrote:
Embargo till June 10
just post again if it was great, don't post if it was underwhelming
crowe660 wrote:
I’m pulling my deposit based on no response to this tweet and placing it on a cyber truck.
You won't see your Cybertruck for another 4 years tho atleast. Keep that in mind...
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/19/2022 10:04am
ML512 wrote:
number six wrote:
How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified date. Was the reason stated...
How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified date.
Was the reason stated ?

Manufacturers usually like to time the releases of their products with all info hitting at once. That way it makes the most impact.
My guess is that Stark is planning a major marketing push at the time the embargo ends.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/19/2022 10:18am
ML512 wrote:
number six wrote:
How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified date. Was the reason stated...
Was the reason stated ?

With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for a one or two day test. Instead it's been spread out over about 10 test days for everyone to get their time in and be fair on the product we put out to the public. Instead of the first few test groups rushing to put out whatever videos we can.

KTM by example took the opposite approach on their new model range, inviting the US media out to Red Bud for a one day test on nine different bikes and no embargo. Meaning everyone is just rushing through bikes so they can get their videos done.

Albeit we've been pretty solid in the past about being the first to publish or close to first in these situations..I personally HATE it that way. I prefer being able to focus on the quality of our features versus just rushing as much as possible to win the race to publish first.
MOTO120
5/19/2022 10:55am
ML512 wrote:
number six wrote:
Was the reason stated ?

ML512 wrote:
With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for a...
With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for a one or two day test. Instead it's been spread out over about 10 test days for everyone to get their time in and be fair on the product we put out to the public. Instead of the first few test groups rushing to put out whatever videos we can.

KTM by example took the opposite approach on their new model range, inviting the US media out to Red Bud for a one day test on nine different bikes and no embargo. Meaning everyone is just rushing through bikes so they can get their videos done.

Albeit we've been pretty solid in the past about being the first to publish or close to first in these situations..I personally HATE it that way. I prefer being able to focus on the quality of our features versus just rushing as much as possible to win the race to publish first.
Did you personally, or a Vital representative, take part in said Stark test?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/19/2022 10:59am
MOTO120 wrote:
I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is going. Also, our schedule got moved around so our test day is the same day as the Fox Raceway 1 National now…meaning I can’t go even if I figure out my passport situation by then.
KONG
5/19/2022 11:47am
ML512 wrote:
I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is...
I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is going. Also, our schedule got moved around so our test day is the same day as the Fox Raceway 1 National now…meaning I can’t go even if I figure out my passport situation by then.
These Stark guys have no respect for nuthin'...
Laughing
Ozzy
5/19/2022 11:50am
For me, I really don’t care what they say.
Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that stuff!!
Plus, if it’s even on par or better than the Alta, then it’ll be Cool.
I don’t care about their Claimed Claims.
Plus, a some point the Real Players will roll out their Bikes from the backrooms, & then it’s kinda game over, if ya know what I mean.
How do I know this?
Been around the Block a few times.😉
5/20/2022 12:15am
MOTO120 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is...
I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good job with his videos and stuff, but his riding is less impressive.
Rad76
5/20/2022 1:20am
ML512 wrote:
With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for a...

Agreed.
Rad76
5/20/2022 1:23am
ML512 wrote:
Our schedule has changed also, such a bummer. Now having to wait one more week...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/20/2022 5:28am
MOTO120 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
#434 wrote:
I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good...
I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good job with his videos and stuff, but his riding is less impressive.
I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually knows how to interview people, what assets we need, knows the specs of the machine, etc.
wfopete
5/20/2022 6:26am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2022 6:58am
ML512 wrote:
#434 wrote:
I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good...
ML512 wrote:
I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually knows how to interview...
I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually knows how to interview people, what assets we need, knows the specs of the machine, etc.

It's not like he is the only one going over to ride/interview.

There will be more than a few competent folks there to get the job done.
bents
Fantasy
909th
5/20/2022 6:56am
ML512 wrote:
#434 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually knows how to interview...
Not to mention, Klinger is an every day, ham and egger rider like 90% of the people on Vital who actually ride. He represents the vast majority. Jacob Hayes doesn't even though I think he has been a great addition Michael.
5/20/2022 7:57am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2022 7:59am
Ozzy wrote:
For me, I really don’t care what they say. Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that stuff!! Plus...
Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that stuff!!
Plus, a some point the Real Players will roll out their Bikes from the backrooms, & then it’s kinda game over, if ya know what I mean.
How do I know this?
If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of the riders out there. That said, the info that has been publicly released thus far suggests it will perform better than the MXR, plus it has better components and adjustability (out of the box). Ive been able to tweak power maps and settings on my MXR and having the adjustability is fricken awesome. Virtually unlimited traction control and engine braking characteristics. Can basically have any engine you want all in one bike. Owners of the Stark Varg will absolutely love that functionality. I cant wait to see a library of user created power maps that owners can try.

Im hoping Stark is highly successful with the release of the Varg. We need a competitive electric motocross bike with a solid manufacturer behind it. Electric bikes are way more reliable than gas bikes but having manufacture support is beneficial. Us Alta guys are on our own at this point, but thankfully the bikes have been rock solid for the most part.

Im anxious to get my hands on one in a few months!
Dirt.Squirt
5/20/2022 8:08am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2022 8:12am
Funnest bike I’ve ever rode

Insane power and instant torque

Very high quality of “fit and finish”

Battery lasts for ever bro trust me

It’s heavy on paper but you can’t even tell on the track bros

Somehow will instantly make every average Joe a great and safer rider so you can really go for that 8th 30C championship

Goes on rant about how much more cost effective they actually are in the long run because apparently changing your oil and pouring gas is such a high cost pain in the ass

Did I miss anything?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/20/2022 8:09am
Ozzy wrote:
For me, I really don’t care what they say. Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that stuff!! Plus...
How do I know this?
If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of...
If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of the riders out there. That said, the info that has been publicly released thus far suggests it will perform better than the MXR, plus it has better components and adjustability (out of the box). Ive been able to tweak power maps and settings on my MXR and having the adjustability is fricken awesome. Virtually unlimited traction control and engine braking characteristics. Can basically have any engine you want all in one bike. Owners of the Stark Varg will absolutely love that functionality. I cant wait to see a library of user created power maps that owners can try.

Im hoping Stark is highly successful with the release of the Varg. We need a competitive electric motocross bike with a solid manufacturer behind it. Electric bikes are way more reliable than gas bikes but having manufacture support is beneficial. Us Alta guys are on our own at this point, but thankfully the bikes have been rock solid for the most part.

"If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing"

I would be highly disappointed if it's just on par with the Alta. The MX-R was a fairly good bike but has flaws and things that really should be improved this many years down the road.
5/20/2022 8:28am
Ozzy wrote:
How do I know this?
If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of...

ML512 wrote:
"If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing" I would be highly disappointed if it's just on...
"If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing"

I would be highly disappointed if it's just on par with the Alta. The MX-R was a fairly good bike but has flaws and things that really should be improved this many years down the road.
Im with you. That said, I dont think you'll be disappointed Cool
5/20/2022 8:34am
ML512 wrote:
#434 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I get it that you have to send an employee.
However, I stick to my point that you have to ride a certain speed to get to know the bike, see how the frame feels under load, how much traction it can produce and so on. Especially for this test it would have been nice to have somebody how can go A-level speed for 20 min to see what the battery does.

Post a reply to: STARK reviews...

The Latest