STARK reviews...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2022 3:35 PM

where are they? I know JT was riding last week.........what's the latest?

|

5/18/2022 3:46 PM

Embargo till June 10

|

5/18/2022 9:45 PM

Jt$ wrote:

Embargo till June 10

just post again if it was great, don't post if it was underwhelming

|

5/18/2022 10:23 PM

JT$ lips are as tight as his sisters pants.

|

5/18/2022 10:28 PM

Jt$ wrote:

Embargo till June 10

Photo
|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

5/18/2022 10:52 PM

Should I get a Varg or 300 SX? Hmm

|

2020 YZ250
2003 Buell XB9S
1967 Yamaha Bushmaster

5/19/2022 4:14 AM

Cayden Thompson wrote:

Varg

|

5/19/2022 4:16 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Embargo till June 10

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

I’m pulling my deposit based on no response to this tweet and placing it on a cyber truck.

|

5/19/2022 5:46 AM

Cayden Thompson wrote:

22Ryann wrote:

Varg

A strong statement to make considering we have no reviews and the battery size is basically the same as the Alta (and the Alta is a fun machine but no where near competetive.)...

|

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

5/19/2022 6:35 AM

I know Mosiman said he was headed to Europe this week to ride one for MXA, so maybe they will post something if allowed.

|

5/19/2022 7:44 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Embargo till June 10

Good thing Darkside wasn't invited tongue

|

5/19/2022 7:50 AM

johnk408 wrote:

I know Mosiman said he was headed to Europe this week to ride one for MXA, so maybe they will post something if allowed.

The embargo allows all of us to post one or two social media posts until June 10th and that’s all. No riding video, no opinions, etc.

|

5/19/2022 8:30 AM

ML512 wrote:

The embargo allows all of us to post one or two social media posts until June 10th and that’s all. No riding video, no ...more

How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified date.
Was the reason stated ?
Perhaps in fairness to those riding later than sooner ?
Extra time to close on the purchase of a private island in French Polynesia ?

Photo

|

5/19/2022 9:57 AM

Jt$ wrote:

Embargo till June 10

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

crowe660 wrote:

I’m pulling my deposit based on no response to this tweet and placing it on a cyber truck.

You won't see your Cybertruck for another 4 years tho atleast. Keep that in mind...

|

2020 YZ250
2003 Buell XB9S
1967 Yamaha Bushmaster

5/19/2022 10:04 AM

johnk408 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

The embargo allows all of us to post one or two social media posts until June 10th and that’s all. No riding video, no ...more

number six wrote:

How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified ...more

Manufacturers usually like to time the releases of their products with all info hitting at once. That way it makes the most impact.
My guess is that Stark is planning a major marketing push at the time the embargo ends.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/19/2022 10:18 AM

johnk408 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

number six wrote:

How strange to invite the worlds Moto-journalists to ride & then tell them to 'mention nothing' about it until a specified ...more

With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for a one or two day test. Instead it's been spread out over about 10 test days for everyone to get their time in and be fair on the product we put out to the public. Instead of the first few test groups rushing to put out whatever videos we can.

KTM by example took the opposite approach on their new model range, inviting the US media out to Red Bud for a one day test on nine different bikes and no embargo. Meaning everyone is just rushing through bikes so they can get their videos done.

Albeit we've been pretty solid in the past about being the first to publish or close to first in these situations..I personally HATE it that way. I prefer being able to focus on the quality of our features versus just rushing as much as possible to win the race to publish first.

|

5/19/2022 10:55 AM

ML512 wrote:

number six wrote:

ML512 wrote:

With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for ...more

Did you personally, or a Vital representative, take part in said Stark test?

|

5/19/2022 10:59 AM

MOTO120 wrote:

I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is going. Also, our schedule got moved around so our test day is the same day as the Fox Raceway 1 National now…meaning I can’t go even if I figure out my passport situation by then.

|

5/19/2022 11:47 AM

ML512 wrote:

I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is ...more

These Stark guys have no respect for nuthin'...
laughing

|

5/19/2022 11:50 AM

For me, I really don’t care what they say.
Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that stuff!!
Plus, if it’s even on par or better than the Alta, then it’ll be Cool.
I don’t care about their Claimed Claims.
Plus, a some point the Real Players will roll out their Bikes from the backrooms, & then it’s kinda game over, if ya know what I mean.
How do I know this?
Been around the Block a few times.😉

|

5/20/2022 12:15 AM

ML512 wrote:

With a small number of final bikes for us to test, it wasn't possible for them to invite 40-50 media from around the world for ...more

MOTO120 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I was supposed to go but I hate to publicly admit this…I lost my passport and was unable to get it in time. So Klinger is ...more

I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good job with his videos and stuff, but his riding is less impressive.

|

KTM OneTwoFive for now, on the Stark next year

5/20/2022 1:20 AM

ML512 wrote:

Agreed.

|

5/20/2022 1:23 AM

ML512 wrote:

Our schedule has changed also, such a bummer. Now having to wait one more week...

|

5/20/2022 5:28 AM

MOTO120 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

#434 wrote:

I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good ...more

I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually knows how to interview people, what assets we need, knows the specs of the machine, etc.

|

5/20/2022 6:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2022 6:58 AM

ML512 wrote:

#434 wrote:

I don’t wanna be a d..k, but can’t you send somebody that can actually ride a dirt bike at a decent speed? Klinger does a good ...more

ML512 wrote:

I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually ...more

It's not like he is the only one going over to ride/interview.

There will be more than a few competent folks there to get the job done.
|

5/20/2022 6:56 AM

ML512 wrote:

#434 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m not trusting an international travel project to just a test rider, I want a full time staff member there that actually ...more

Not to mention, Klinger is an every day, ham and egger rider like 90% of the people on Vital who actually ride. He represents the vast majority. Jacob Hayes doesn't even though I think he has been a great addition Michael.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

5/20/2022 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2022 7:59 AM

Ozzy wrote:

Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that ...more

If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of the riders out there. That said, the info that has been publicly released thus far suggests it will perform better than the MXR, plus it has better components and adjustability (out of the box). Ive been able to tweak power maps and settings on my MXR and having the adjustability is fricken awesome. Virtually unlimited traction control and engine braking characteristics. Can basically have any engine you want all in one bike. Owners of the Stark Varg will absolutely love that functionality. I cant wait to see a library of user created power maps that owners can try.

Im hoping Stark is highly successful with the release of the Varg. We need a competitive electric motocross bike with a solid manufacturer behind it. Electric bikes are way more reliable than gas bikes but having manufacture support is beneficial. Us Alta guys are on our own at this point, but thankfully the bikes have been rock solid for the most part.

Im anxious to get my hands on one in a few months!

|

5/20/2022 8:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2022 8:12 AM

Funnest bike I’ve ever rode

Insane power and instant torque

Very high quality of “fit and finish”

Battery lasts for ever bro trust me

It’s heavy on paper but you can’t even tell on the track bros

Somehow will instantly make every average Joe a great and safer rider so you can really go for that 8th 30C championship

Goes on rant about how much more cost effective they actually are in the long run because apparently changing your oil and pouring gas is such a high cost pain in the ass

Did I miss anything?

|

5/20/2022 8:09 AM

Ozzy wrote:

Watching the Videos of Tortelli is good enough for me, as ya can’t Fake that ...more

theycallmeebryan wrote:

If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of the ...more

"If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing"

I would be highly disappointed if it's just on par with the Alta. The MX-R was a fairly good bike but has flaws and things that really should be improved this many years down the road.

|

5/20/2022 8:28 AM

Ozzy wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing. The Alta MXR is already capable for 90+% of the ...more

ML512 wrote:

"If the bike ends up only being on par with the Alta, thats not a bad thing"

I would be highly disappointed if it's just on ...more

Im with you. That said, I dont think you'll be disappointed cool

|