SRT Wheels

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2019 8:23 PM

Has anybody had any experience with SRT complete wheels? The prices are attractive, but I've been proven you "get what you pay for" many times..Thx

|

5/14/2021 5:00 AM

Good question!

|

5/14/2021 6:23 AM

Jason123 wrote:

Has anybody had any experience with SRT complete wheels? The prices are attractive, but I've been proven you "get what you pay ...more

Depends what you are using them for, speed, ability etc. I know guys running them for woods with no issue. I just got a KKE 18 rear to mount a gummy for when I’m riding hard stuff. It was $199.
It’s not gonna get pounded at an MX track so it’s fine. I’ve had lots of people tell me they hold up better than WARP 9’s. The company that makes them also makes Giant wheels and supply plenty of OEM’s. Photo
Photo

|

5/14/2021 6:35 AM

$199 !?

I'm assuming no Disc or Sprocket?

Does it take stock bearings?

|

5/14/2021 6:43 AM

LungButter wrote:

$199 !?

I'm assuming no Disc or Sprocket?

Does it take stock bearings?

No hardware. Comes with 2 sets of spacers and bearings. Not sure about bearing size, I’d need to check.

|

5/14/2021 6:46 AM

|

5/14/2021 6:59 AM

KKE not SRT

|

5/14/2021 7:11 AM

Bearing is 6005.

|

5/14/2021 7:28 AM

CKNY wrote:

Bearing is 6005.

Is that same as stock?

I'm just curious more than anything, I always keep some spares around the garage...bearings, brake pads, cables etc. etc. so I always got my eye out for wheel sets that match up with stock, keeps it simpler that way.

I have 2 full stock wheel sets for my bike now but I'd like one more rear so that I can have a gummy/traction tire ready to roll when I want. Right now I keep one set with dual sport/worn out knobbies and one set with "fresh" standard knobbies.

|

5/14/2021 7:34 AM

I have a set of SRT wheels as does a couple guys I ride with. We all like them and have had no issues. I a lot of products off SRT such as brake pads, pipe guards, wheels, bark busters, pipes and shark fins. They make quality products at solid prices.

|

5/14/2021 7:50 AM

agn5008...I’m looking at a local set of what are suppose to be SRT. Do these markings look right?
Photo

|

5/14/2021 7:55 AM

Photo
|

5/14/2021 8:00 AM

CKNY wrote:

Bearing is 6005.

LungButter wrote:

Is that same as stock?

I'm just curious more than anything, I always keep some spares around the garage...bearings, brake ...more

Yeah I hear you. I need a spare to run a Michelin Enduro Extreme. Great for the extreme stuff but like to have a different tire for faster trail and track days.

|

5/14/2021 8:09 AM

gkelm wrote:

agn5008...I’m looking at a local set of what are suppose to be SRT. Do these markings look right?
Photo

Yep, those are SRT wheels.

|

5/14/2021 9:53 AM

Thanks!

May move on those...he wants 550 with recent tires and sprocket.

|

5/14/2021 10:05 AM

gkelm wrote:

Thanks!

May move on those...he wants 550 with recent tires and sprocket.

I'm always shopping around for used wheel sets.

If the sprocket and tires are usable for awhile that seems like a decent deal.

|

5/14/2021 10:18 AM

gkelm wrote:

Thanks!

May move on those...he wants 550 with recent tires and sprocket.

You can get a brand new set of KKE wheels for $379 with free shipping. They also sell them with rotors and sprockets.

|

5/14/2021 10:22 AM

CKNY wrote:

You can get a brand new set of KKE wheels for $379 with free shipping. They also sell them with rotors and sprockets.

Are their rotors and sprockets any good?

|

5/14/2021 10:45 AM

gkelm wrote:

Thanks!

May move on those...he wants 550 with recent tires and sprocket.

CKNY wrote:

You can get a brand new set of KKE wheels for $379 with free shipping. They also sell them with rotors and sprockets.

wrc777 wrote:

Are their rotors and sprockets any good?

I cannot comment, I used my own rotor and sprocket. I put on a $30 JT and I got a deal on a rotor for $30.

|

5/14/2021 10:59 AM

I run them as a spare wheelset for my bike (KTM 300XC-W). As you can imagine, I don't pound them in MX. Purely offroad and mostly hard enduro at that point. No issues at all though. They work great and have held up well through rocks.

|