SPOT Insurance

S.Loyer
So I was cruising the internet today looking for new dental insurance which I've just giving up on that and going cash.

But I came across https://www.getspot.com/ and was curious if anyone is familiar with it. For Moto it kind of seems like a no brainer.
|
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
10/27/2020 4:29pm
They don't cover Motorized racing, I bet if you do track days and it being at a race track they won't cover that also.
But wouldn't it be nice if we could find insurance that cheap that did cover us while on the track.
S.Loyer
10/27/2020 4:37pm
Shame I just saw they sponsor Jason Anderson
APLMAN99
10/27/2020 4:50pm
The wording of their exclusions certainly sounds like trail riding or just putting in laps at a track SHOULD be covered, but you may have to wrestle the money away from them to collect it......

Here are the exclusions pertaining to moto/dirt bike stuff:

-participation in or practice of engaging in hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting, sail gliding, para sailing, para kiting, motorize racing;

-the Covered Persons riding in or driving any motor vehicles in a race, stunt show or speed test;

-participating in or engaging in an activity in which failure guarantees death. Because people invent new and unique ways to hurt themselves every day, we cannot put together an exhaustive list of everything we cover. This exclusion serves to address death-defying, thrill seeking activities like: slack-lining above the Grand Canyon without ropes, free-soloing El Capitan, and scaling skyscrapers Mission Impossible-style. If you have questions about your activity, chat us on the site or shoot us a DM on Instagram. Unless your activity is a death sentence, it’s probably covered.
10/27/2020 5:32pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The wording of their exclusions certainly sounds like trail riding or just putting in laps at a track SHOULD be covered, but you may have to...
The wording of their exclusions certainly sounds like trail riding or just putting in laps at a track SHOULD be covered, but you may have to wrestle the money away from them to collect it......

-participation in or practice of engaging in hang gliding, bungee jumping, parachuting, sail gliding, para sailing, para kiting, motorize racing;

-the Covered Persons riding in or driving any motor vehicles in a race, stunt show or speed test;

-participating in or engaging in an activity in which failure guarantees death. Because people invent new and unique ways to hurt themselves every day, we cannot put together an exhaustive list of everything we cover. This exclusion serves to address death-defying, thrill seeking activities like: slack-lining above the Grand Canyon without ropes, free-soloing El Capitan, and scaling skyscrapers Mission Impossible-style. If you have questions about your activity, chat us on the site or shoot us a DM on Instagram. Unless your activity is a death sentence, it’s probably covered.
"-the Covered Persons riding in or driving any motor vehicles in a race, stunt show or speed test;"

i dont American laws, but if you are even trail riding with another rider, couldn`t they technically say you are "racing"?

The Shop

APLMAN99
10/27/2020 5:37pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The wording of their exclusions certainly sounds like trail riding or just putting in laps at a track SHOULD be covered, but you may have to...

cablecable wrote:
"-the Covered Persons riding in or driving any motor vehicles in a race, stunt show or speed test;" i dont American laws, but if you are...
"-the Covered Persons riding in or driving any motor vehicles in a race, stunt show or speed test;"

i dont American laws, but if you are even trail riding with another rider, couldn`t they technically say you are "racing"?
They could say just about anything, but proving it is another thing. Under that premise they could say that any auto accident was the result of “racing” other cars around you.

It would probably come down to what sort of dispute resolution was stated in the contract.

Post a reply to: SPOT Insurance

The Latest