SOS. Season's over syndrome.

felpro
Edited Date/Time 9/20/2021 6:29pm
Being in lockdown in Australia may well exacerbate the situation, but after watching Weege's The Best Post-Race Show ever, it hit me that there is a long time to the next race.

I have watch the pre race shows. Read the speculation. I have got up at midnight to watch qualifying, 3 am to watch the races. Watched the paddock shows, the raw footage, listed to the podcasts . . . Fly racing, pulp, Gypsy. And after a three year hiatus, jumped onto VitalMx again.

And now it's gone.

There's a lot to look forward to, SX22 will be highly anticipated by all, increasing as the days go by. But dayum, 122 days? I might have to get a life outside semi-professional moto spectating, speculation and discussion.

Or revisit some of the races from the years gone by. Or get a bike, a mid 2000's smoker. Park it in the living room . . .

What are ya'll doing to fill the gap now racing is done?
|
chief_jubs
9/16/2021 3:41pm
This is definitely the sad part of the year. Honestly, I play and watch disc golf when I’m not riding. It’s fun, cheap and there’s tons of coverage of the big tournaments. Look up Jomez pro on YouTube if you are interested.
vtec_
9/16/2021 3:53pm
dont follow the sport as closely as i once did..ill just say that growing up its kind of hard to get into it as much since i dont know alot of the new names. all the guys i grew up watching/idolizing are now gone Sad
JoeWV
9/16/2021 4:52pm
GNCC. Still 3 rounds left.

The Shop

Munson'd
Fantasy
1083rd
9/16/2021 5:21pm
Is there a Monster Cup this year?
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
9/16/2021 5:40pm
Off season threads keep me going..

Also Motogp has races left as well.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/16/2021 7:23pm
SX and A1 only a few months away CoolCoolCool I can't wait.
Moto Nomad
9/16/2021 8:00pm
I was just sitting down to watch some old Hangtown nationals. Or maybe catch up on a couple of motos I missed this year.
And I was just watching some Australian Parliament, so it was easy to read your whole post imagining an Australian accent.
Sawfish
9/16/2021 8:35pm
"Formula ugh" is still going strong
I’ve wanted to start a thread on this for a while, why F1 is so much more popular than moto. It’s all over the popular page on Reddit.

I watch jeopardy when moto isn’t on.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/16/2021 9:43pm
Long damn wait for SX, fortunately there is Motogp, MXGP, f1, SBK, Rugby, XBOx and I have three guitars that im going to dedicate some time on. Been hacking away for 20 years and still cant complete a full song.

Monster Cup?

I also suspect the Dumgeon is going to get some additiinal threads here....hahaha...
Tnar
9/16/2021 9:49pm
Is the MEC happening this year?
9/16/2021 9:58pm
felpro wrote:
Being in lockdown in Australia may well exacerbate the situation, but after watching Weege's The Best Post-Race Show ever, it hit me that there is a...
Being in lockdown in Australia may well exacerbate the situation, but after watching Weege's The Best Post-Race Show ever, it hit me that there is a long time to the next race.

I have watch the pre race shows. Read the speculation. I have got up at midnight to watch qualifying, 3 am to watch the races. Watched the paddock shows, the raw footage, listed to the podcasts . . . Fly racing, pulp, Gypsy. And after a three year hiatus, jumped onto VitalMx again.

And now it's gone.

There's a lot to look forward to, SX22 will be highly anticipated by all, increasing as the days go by. But dayum, 122 days? I might have to get a life outside semi-professional moto spectating, speculation and discussion.

Or revisit some of the races from the years gone by. Or get a bike, a mid 2000's smoker. Park it in the living room . . .

I go on youtube and watch classic races. I love the 87-89 sx series. Great racing, and lot's of good memories.
Pumpkin37
9/16/2021 9:59pm
felpro wrote:
Being in lockdown in Australia may well exacerbate the situation, but after watching Weege's The Best Post-Race Show ever, it hit me that there is a...

And now it's gone.

I enjoy the time by thinking up fantasy teams with hypothetical sponsors. Sponsors that seems like it'd be fun to experience in the pits with fan experiences, etc., and playing with simple graphics & color blocking. Simplifying things a bit. Just nice to sketch a little reality when things get slow!

bowl
9/16/2021 10:07pm
Buy mxgp, beaton,todd ect great coverage
felpro
9/16/2021 11:38pm
Boomslang wrote:
Long damn wait for SX, fortunately there is Motogp, MXGP, f1, SBK, Rugby, XBOx and I have three guitars that im going to dedicate some time...
Long damn wait for SX, fortunately there is Motogp, MXGP, f1, SBK, Rugby, XBOx and I have three guitars that im going to dedicate some time on. Been hacking away for 20 years and still cant complete a full song.

Monster Cup?

I also suspect the Dumgeon is going to get some additiinal threads here....hahaha...
Funny you should mention the Rugby . . . Wink
chuckdavies
9/17/2021 12:50am
9 rounds of MXGP left and MXdN. We're a long way from 'season's over syndrome'.
downard254
9/17/2021 1:24am
To the OP, look on the bright side. Down under in the Southern Hemisphere, your off season is summer and ride time. Us poor bastards in the Northern Hemisphere, namely the mid-west Great Lakes region, are heading into winter. We’re getting a double whammy. I guess it leaves us time to work on bike projects though.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/17/2021 2:03am
Boomslang wrote:
Long damn wait for SX, fortunately there is Motogp, MXGP, f1, SBK, Rugby, XBOx and I have three guitars that im going to dedicate some time...

Monster Cup?

felpro wrote:
Funny you should mention the Rugby . . . Wink
The blady Wallabies pipped us last weekend. We'll try again tomorrow.
CPR
9/17/2021 3:29am
Moto Nomad wrote:
I was just sitting down to watch some old Hangtown nationals. Or maybe catch up on a couple of motos I missed this year. And I...
I was just sitting down to watch some old Hangtown nationals. Or maybe catch up on a couple of motos I missed this year.
And I was just watching some Australian Parliament, so it was easy to read your whole post imagining an Australian accent.
Watching some Australian parliament?! Good god what led you to that?
Please don’t judge us by that shit show!
Motofinne
9/17/2021 3:49am
Weird to be a fan of moto and having a Seasons over syndrome with almost double digit MXGP rounds left with 4-5 guys fighting for the title.
felpro
9/17/2021 4:40am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2021 5:34am
Motofinne wrote:
Weird to be a fan of moto and having a Seasons over syndrome with almost double digit MXGP rounds left with 4-5 guys fighting for the...
Weird to be a fan of moto and having a Seasons over syndrome with almost double digit MXGP rounds left with 4-5 guys fighting for the title.
Possibly weird, just very focussed on the Australians racing in America. I have ignored the MXGP, as you have described it, there's clearly a lot happening.

You may have woken me up here !!! Thanks.
gt80rider
9/17/2021 7:37am
We need some Saturday night racing to watch... any local tracks race Saturday nights that have video coverage? We need something like moto fight club... if anybody would show some Saturday night racing We would all tune in.... don't care if it's C riders... don't care if it's pit bikes.... mxdn this year... no red bull straight line... no us open... somebody needs to fill this 2 month gap... where ya at smaller race promoters???
Moto520
9/17/2021 8:03am
It's riding time! If you don't have a bike.....get one and get out if you can. Fill the gates at your local tracks. If it's all closed down because of Covid......fight to get things opened up. The best riding of the season in Illinois is Fall. It's not so hot......dirt is good....moisture is good.....best time to ride.
Elbows
Fantasy
1171st
9/17/2021 8:18am
Find a good season of races to watch on YouTube and just watch a race or two per weekend and pretend it’s live. Even though I’ve seen every race that’s been televised there’s still stuff that happened that I completely forgot about. It’s fun to watch the old races of McGrath, RC etc. I hate the off season also but college football helps fill the void.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/17/2021 8:19am
Watch old races on youtube, get out and ride, MotoGP, MXGP...

Or just hang out in the forum (kinda like AA...but for racing withdrawls?)
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/17/2021 9:28am
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to race.
Mavetism
9/17/2021 9:48am
Pumpkin37 wrote:
I enjoy the time by thinking up fantasy teams with hypothetical sponsors. Sponsors that seems like it'd be fun to experience in the pits with fan...
I enjoy the time by thinking up fantasy teams with hypothetical sponsors. Sponsors that seems like it'd be fun to experience in the pits with fan experiences, etc., and playing with simple graphics & color blocking. Simplifying things a bit. Just nice to sketch a little reality when things get slow!

I swear I wanna see some team getting sponsored my McDonalds. I would piss myself If a rider would bring a Big Mac to his podium speech.
davistld01
9/17/2021 10:13am
Spudnut wrote:
Mxgp brother
Yup! Better catch Cairoli in his last season. It's all over this year!

Post a reply to: SOS. Season's over syndrome.

The Latest