SIDI Motocross boots

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2020 10:50 AM

Looking at buying a pair of sidi motocross boots.

I’m currently using Tech10s but the new ones do not hold up as good, plus I get more dirt inside my boots than I do on my bike with the Tech10s for some reason.

I noticed sidi brought out a new type of boot just wondering if anyone’s got any feedback on sidi boots ? Or if you have made the switch from Tech10s to sidi.

Thanks

|

2/1/2020 10:53 AM

Craig_Whitfield wrote:

I’m currently using Tech10s but the new ones do not hold up as good, plus I get more dirt inside my boots than I do on my bike with the Tech10s for some reason.

I noticed sidi brought out a new type of boot just wondering if anyone’s got any feedback on sidi boots ? Or if you have made the switch from Tech10s to sidi.

Thanks

Biggest issue with Sidi is not all feet types fit them well. Standard narrow foot no problem, if you have larger wide feet good luck.

|

2/1/2020 11:07 AM

I’ve gone through tech 8’s, 10’s, 7’s and have 2 pairs of Sidi crossfire 3 srs. For me the Sidi crossfire 3’s are by far my favorite boot. If you have a standard width foot you’ll be okay. Not a boot made for wide feet. They are made really well and have lasted much longer than any alpinestars that I’ve owned. Replaceable sole is nice on them. What I like about the Sidi boots is good protection while having a very minimal, well-fitted boot. They’re like wearing sneakers versus moon boots. If you like a stiff boot with a disconnected feel, these are not for you.

I’m not sure on the Atojo boot. They seem like more of an adventure riding boot than a true mx boot, but I may be making a poor assumption. They are shorter than most other boots including the crossfire.

|

2/1/2020 11:38 AM

I bought my first pair of them almost two years ago. I just got another set a couple of months ago so I could have a second color of them. To me, they are great. My feet may be a TINY bit on the wider side, so my pinky toe is annoyed after wearing them for a few hours. The buckle system is awesome and works really well. Coming from Tech10’s, I wasn’t sure if I’d like not having a booty. Turns out I love not having one! It was always a pain for me to take my boots off between motos, now it’s easy as can be. Two friends of mine tried them on and called them cheater boots. Both now want a pair.

|

2/1/2020 11:44 AM

I currently wear Crossfire T/A's with the traditional sewn on sole. I also have ortho-plated/hardware in both ankles, so choice of boot is critical. Simply put, I love my Sidi's....

CAVEATE: I can barely close my T/A's when wearing knee guards with shin protection (I do have outsized calf muscles). My answer, heretofore, is to ride without knee protection, as I do not like braces. However, the new TP199 knee pads look interesting...

Just my $.02. Let us know what you do and how it works out. ✌

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

2/1/2020 11:54 AM

Love my crossfire 2rs but size is critical as others have said not for wide feet. Could not get them on with knee braces and have never bothered with braces since. Replaceable soles (along with most other parts) is a major plus.

I got mine on recommendation due to ankle issues I have.

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

2/1/2020 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 12:37 AM

I have the crossfire3s and they are amazing in every way. It's one of the few products that I can't find something to complain about. My wife tells me I'm pretty good at that too.

The TA fits wider feet I believe.

|

2/1/2020 1:22 PM

Craig_Whitfield wrote:

Thanks

Made the switch from 10’s and couldn’t be happier. They are narrow, but do offer model for wider feet.

|

2/1/2020 1:23 PM

Durability is top notch and the replaceable sole extends the life of the boot as well.
Tried A Stars one time, didn’t hold up for us.

KC

|

2/1/2020 2:08 PM

I have owned a pair of crossfire 2 for 10 years. Replaced the soles and screws once. Finally started to fall apart this year. I now have a pair of 3s. Love them!

|

2/1/2020 2:22 PM

What the hell is an Atojo?

|

2/1/2020 2:33 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

The new top of the line Sidi MX boot that was just released.

|

2/1/2020 3:01 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

|

2/1/2020 3:11 PM

I have the Crossfire 3’s and love them. My feet are just a tad wide so they do feel tight after I’ve had them on for a while, and by a while I mean 3-4 hours or more. I have a ton of confidence in them protecting my ankles, and can’t imagine that any other brand does a better job here.

Here are the new Atojo’s:
https://motocrossactionmag.com/all-new-sidi-atojo-srs-lightweight-boot/

|

2/1/2020 4:27 PM

I have Crossfire 2 SRS and love them. By far the most comfortable and best feel of the controls of any boot I've worn.

I've never had Tech 10's but I did use Tech 7's before these and every single aspect of the Sidi is better to me.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Giant Stance 2.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

2/1/2020 4:42 PM

Crossfire SRS's are narrow, Crossfire TA's are wide. Very wide in fact.

BP

|

2/1/2020 5:03 PM

I’ve tried both Sidi crossfires and neither one fit width wise. Kinda off odd.

|

2/1/2020 6:18 PM

I put on a pair of Sidi Crossfires and they actually hurt my foot immediately. Felt like crap. They were so hard and uncomfortable inside.

|

2/1/2020 6:19 PM

2nd pair of crossfire 2’s I’ve had for over 2 years and just put on new soles tonight, probably close to 200 hrs. Good to go for another year the general consensus seems to be Sidis don’t quite have the support of tech 10’s or sg12’s but are less bulky and have great feel on the controls. I’ll be getting some crossfire 3, or the atojo after this year likely. imo the atojo isn’t as appealing at the CF3 but the specs seems to be quite impressive
|

2/1/2020 11:45 PM

The srs sole version fit very narrow and tight.
The ta sole version fit like normal similar to sg12’s

Not to hijack the thread but I have some size 12.5 ta sole crossfire 3’s I’m trying to get rid of. Less than 4 hours on the boots they were just a size to big for me, I have correct size now and love the boots. $285 shipped

|

2/1/2020 11:49 PM

WheelieNelson wrote:

The srs sole version fit very narrow and tight.
The ta sole version fit like normal similar to sg12’s

Not to hijack the thread but I have some size 12.5 ta sole crossfire 3’s I’m trying to get rid of. Less than 4 hours on the boots they were just a size to big for me, I have correct size now and love the boots. $285 shipped

|

2/2/2020 12:01 AM

I have a brand new pair of size 11 white crossfire 3's in the box. I bought them last year with the intention of getting back into the sport, but my 51 year old body says no. The boots have never been worn, except around the house (carpet) to try them out. PM me if interested or email me at myrzx3@gmail.com

|

2/2/2020 5:12 AM

I have a pair of the Sidi X-3 TA. I have wider feet and these feet pretty good. Not as roomy as Gaerne, but very sleek and light. Like minimalist boots almost.

The TA versions are wider than the SRS versions.

|

2/2/2020 5:32 AM

I prefer them to everything but the Fox boots.

|

2/2/2020 5:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 5:47 AM

Best boot Ive ever put my foot in.

|

"We don't rent pigs."