SIDI Crossfire 3 SRS sizing/Now Sell-Trade

MX Dad #27
Fantasy
307th
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2021 2:31pm
I know this is a long shot, but I bought a pair of SIDI Crossfire 3 SRS boots and they are so tight on my feet, I can't stand to wear them. They are plenty long but they crush my heel and foot. Has anyone had any luck stretching them? I really don't want to hear "why didn't you try them on before you bought them" I bought them online or "Why don't you return them" because I can't. I'm just looking for some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
|
Brent
5/19/2021 6:04pm
MX Dad #27 wrote:
I know this is a long shot, but I bought a pair of SIDI Crossfire 3 SRS boots and they are so tight on my feet...
I know this is a long shot, but I bought a pair of SIDI Crossfire 3 SRS boots and they are so tight on my feet, I can't stand to wear them. They are plenty long but they crush my heel and foot. Has anyone had any luck stretching them? I really don't want to hear "why didn't you try them on before you bought them" I bought them online or "Why don't you return them" because I can't. I'm just looking for some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
That’s why I can’t wear Sidi anymore - they get narrower every pair I bought and they run small in the length.

I have a brand new pair I have to sell on e bay, I could only use them one time.
opyguy
5/19/2021 6:46pm
What sizes guys?
Looking to buy a pair
ktmwoods
5/19/2021 10:22pm
So there are boot trees and boot stretchers that cobblers use and cowboy boot wearers use for width and length. And I also leave a pair of cedar shoe trees in my Sidi’s that are a full size up from my boot size - just shove em in after a ride.

Another up-sizing pro tip I just figured out. Get a ratcheting disc Brake Caliper Spreader Tool, the small size, get the shoe tree separated into front / toes and back/heel, put them in the boots. Put ratchet spreader between the front and back halves and g r a d u a l l y increase the tension to push the halves away from each other. Best done slowly and warm the boots in the sun as you do it. Can gain a full 1/2 size for roomier toe box easily. Got this from a rodeo cowboy who rode bucking horses and was sponsored by a boot company that rhymes with Justin. Don’t go too fast, be patient and don't attempt in cold weather or try to gain +two sizes, stitching will blow out like an oem tire tube.

Last resort is pull the stock insole and try a thinner one and thinner socks. I used to fit skiboots for us ski team and this was our go-to after baking the liners and insoles in a low temp oven before vacu-forming came along.

The Shop

5/19/2021 10:36pm
For future reference, the crossfire 3 TA is a much more spacious boot in the toe and ankle area. The srs fit much tighter. The atojo fits similar to the srs with a little more room in the toe but still not as wide as the TA
Hi Side
5/20/2021 3:43am
MX Dad #27 wrote:
43 (9.5)
Thats my size and I love the fit of the Crossfire SRS3. What color are they? I might be interested.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
5/20/2021 8:04am
I have Atojos and the fit is much roomier. Almost Gaerne like.

As for stretching, if you have a ski boot fitter in your area (may be tough in Iowa) he might be helpful. Ski boot fitters have a special oven that heats the molded plastic of a ski boot then they use tools to reach in and stretch out pressure point areas in the plastic.
YZed250
5/20/2021 9:40am
MX Dad #27 wrote:
43 (9.5)
Hi Side wrote:
Thats my size and I love the fit of the Crossfire SRS3. What color are they? I might be interested.
I'm also interested in a 43 if you decide to sell them.

Have you tried taking the footbeds out?

asax771
5/20/2021 10:29am
I had the same issue with my SIDI boots. Felt like they fit tight and good testing them in the shop but after riding for a while it hurt so much. Toe area was good but as you said the middle of the foot was squeezed. I rode in denial for a while but then decided to sell them and buy tech 7 again... Its not worth it messing around Wink
crusher773
5/20/2021 8:22pm
I don't think you'd have much luck because the toe box is plastic. They are great boots but don't stretch much. I fit pretty snug in a 42 tried a 41 and it wasn't even close. Mine are tight every time I put em on.
PMR 3
Fantasy
594th
5/20/2021 8:38pm
My pair were very snug also, they loosened up after 15 rides (20hrs) or so. Pressure washing them while wearing them and washing my bike seemed to loosen them up some too. Sidi socks are bomb and fairly thin, some others are thinner.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
307th
5/21/2021 3:06pm
So...I guess this becomes a sell/trade post.
I don't want anyone's worn out junk (as these have never seen dirt) but if anyone wants to buy these or trade for a pair of SIDI Crossfire 3 TAs let me know. As stated they are black size 43 (9.5) $574.99 MSRP. I would straight trade them for a pair of Crossfire 3 TAs (MSRP $524.99), or sell them outright.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
307th
5/22/2021 2:35pm
So...I guess this becomes a sell/trade post.
I don't want anyone's worn out junk (as these have never seen dirt) but if anyone wants to buy these or trade for a pair of SIDI Crossfire 3 TAs let me know. As stated they are black size 43 (9.5) $574.99 MSRP. I would straight trade them for a pair of Crossfire 3 TAs (MSRP $524.99), or sell them outright.

Post a reply to: SIDI Crossfire 3 SRS sizing/Now Sell-Trade

The Latest