SHORT 2010 SX Champ?

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:27am
I was thinking today, with Reedy, Grant and JS7 going out with injuries, IF Short hadn't of got injured, would he have made the jump up to serious title contender. Past form says he's usually the third fastest guy over a whole season behind Reedy and JS7. I just don't know if I could have seen him stepping up and being title contender. Any thoughts?
|
justmacd
3/17/2010 12:35pm
He's definitely shown consistent past finishes in series points but I'm not sure he would've been able to chop down the leaders. He's super talented and smooth but it seems like many other smooth riders he has trouble turning off the smart switch to the crazy setting and hanging it out for that extra speed. Win a race before considering title contention. I'd love to see him on the top step off the box sometime though!

Round 1 - 4
Round 2 - 5
Round 3 - 4
Round 4 - 5
robkinuk
3/17/2010 12:37pm
Wishful thinking! If my Aunt had balls, she would be my Uncle!
3/17/2010 12:47pm
justmacd wrote:
He's definitely shown consistent past finishes in series points but I'm not sure he would've been able to chop down the leaders. He's super talented and...
He's definitely shown consistent past finishes in series points but I'm not sure he would've been able to chop down the leaders. He's super talented and smooth but it seems like many other smooth riders he has trouble turning off the smart switch to the crazy setting and hanging it out for that extra speed. Win a race before considering title contention. I'd love to see him on the top step off the box sometime though!

Round 1 - 4
Round 2 - 5
Round 3 - 4
Round 4 - 5
Yeah I know what you mean. Like if ever there is a guy you just want to see go out there and dominate one race its Shorty. I do think if he got one the wins would come alot easier.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:08pm
Never happen, factory honda needs to invest in new riders. Trey Canard has been their highlight of the year and he's not on the team.Short and Millsaps need to be tossed to the curb.

The Shop

huck
3/17/2010 1:09pm
S2H wrote:
Never happen, factory honda needs to invest in new riders. Trey Canard has been their highlight of the year and he's not on the team.Short and...
Never happen, factory honda needs to invest in new riders. Trey Canard has been their highlight of the year and he's not on the team.Short and Millsaps need to be tossed to the curb.
STFU NOOB... No wait... STFU IDIOT!
S2H
3/17/2010 1:13pm
Yeah you say that like it makes me more of a loser to be new at posting on forums vet! And the truth hurts they are wasting hondas money
3/17/2010 1:16pm
S2H wrote:
Never happen, factory honda needs to invest in new riders. Trey Canard has been their highlight of the year and he's not on the team.Short and...
Just out of interest, if you were the factory Honda team manager, whom would you invest in? I think Short is a solid guy, he's a good representative for the company, well spoken, clean living, he's a marketers dream, and he aint exactly slow.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:22pm
Well you need to give chances to the riders who you think are going to bring a championship, yes he has got all the extras that would accent a champion nicely. But if he hasn't brought home a #1 plate in 5 years when do you start on someone else who might?
You need to get that rider who has got that extra, Millsaps had shown he might but so far hasn't strung anything together in the 450s.
Outsider
3/17/2010 1:22pm
S2H wrote:
Yeah you say that like it makes me more of a loser to be new at posting on forums vet! And the truth hurts they are...
Yeah you say that like it makes me more of a loser to be new at posting on forums vet! And the truth hurts they are wasting hondas money
No, he's saying you're an idiot... there's a difference.
JW381
3/17/2010 1:23pm
So many experts on here, it's unbelievable. I can only imagine how much better the world of motocross would be if some of these geniuses were running the show.
justmacd
3/17/2010 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2010 1:25pm
I do agree a restructure is necessary to regain their past success. Perhaps "tossed to the curb" is a little harsh. Short and Millsaps are incredibly gifted riders but clearly sometimes that's not enough. Honda dominated this sport for a long time. They had the best riders and riders aspired to ride for them. Absolutely dominant from the early eighties until mid-nineties when they let McGrath go. Invested in RC and took two more. Since then, they haven't been a dominant player and they also haven't been buying the most expensive talent.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:26pm
I see well the locals stick together around here. But really posting is posting, you can post nonsense 1200 times, doesn't make my comment garbage or you can back up why you disagree what I'm talking about. Everyone can act tough over internet but if you got a good arguement it might make me look like an idiot...
justmacd
3/17/2010 1:28pm
JW381 wrote:
So many experts on here, it's unbelievable. I can only imagine how much better the world of motocross would be if some of these geniuses were...
So many experts on here, it's unbelievable. I can only imagine how much better the world of motocross would be if some of these geniuses were running the show.
It is true, always easier from the outside looking in
3/17/2010 1:29pm
I was thinking today, with Reedy, Grant and JS7 going out with injuries, IF Short hadn't of got injured, would he have made the jump up...
I was thinking today, with Reedy, Grant and JS7 going out with injuries, IF Short hadn't of got injured, would he have made the jump up to serious title contender. Past form says he's usually the third fastest guy over a whole season behind Reedy and JS7. I just don't know if I could have seen him stepping up and being title contender. Any thoughts?
I was thinking today this post is the DUMBEST EVER! HALL OF FAME FAIL!
huck
3/17/2010 1:30pm
S2H wrote:
I see well the locals stick together around here. But really posting is posting, you can post nonsense 1200 times, doesn't make my comment garbage or...
I see well the locals stick together around here. But really posting is posting, you can post nonsense 1200 times, doesn't make my comment garbage or you can back up why you disagree what I'm talking about. Everyone can act tough over internet but if you got a good arguement it might make me look like an idiot...
No, you do a well enough job of making yourself look like an idiot just fine.

I don't see any other riders putting out videos like Short. I don't see other hurt riders going to each round and signing autographs. He is representing Honda VERY well...
S2H
3/17/2010 1:31pm
There will be nice guys in the sport u'll feel bad for, from here to eternity but having a factory ride has expectations to be champs. I hate seeing great personable riders lose their rides but until the sport gets big enough with more rides available, I think they need to just do performance based contracts. Kicked to the curb is harsh way of putting it though I agree
huck
3/17/2010 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2010 1:34pm
I was thinking today, with Reedy, Grant and JS7 going out with injuries, IF Short hadn't of got injured, would he have made the jump up...
I was thinking today this post is the DUMBEST EVER! HALL OF FAME FAIL!
I think S2H has the lead over Rikki Rockett in the title of "dumbest ever"...
S2H
3/17/2010 1:33pm
Yes he did do award winning footage on transworld skills 2 back in 2006, I almost forgot. Ok let him keep his factory ride
huck
3/17/2010 1:34pm
S2H wrote:
Yes he did do award winning footage on transworld skills 2 back in 2006, I almost forgot. Ok let him keep his factory ride
Tell me 2 riders that would have been better than Davi or Andrew this year.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:35pm
Keep slamming cause you got nothing else to say. I'll say facts and you can just call me names. Yes this is impressive
huck
3/17/2010 1:36pm
S2H wrote:
Keep slamming cause you got nothing else to say. I'll say facts and you can just call me names. Yes this is impressive
Tell me 2 riders that would have been better than Davi or Andrew this year.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:36pm
Kyle regal should have it and trey canard
S2H
3/17/2010 1:37pm
Ok what is short going to accomplish with another 2 year contract, you cant tell me you see a championship
burnside
3/17/2010 1:38pm
He's got a point and you all know it, he just made it a bit abruptly.

I think Short seems awesome, usually is up there in points overall, but he's a quiet rider, he'd make the perfect B rider, but big ole Team Honda still need a Chad/Stewart/Dunge/Villo in their camp. Guess Canard is that guy!

huck
3/17/2010 1:43pm
S2H wrote:
Kyle regal should have it and trey canard
Ahem...I believe Mr. Canard is currently under a contract.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:44pm
Yeah I think that a support rider should be on a support team. I mean short is super consistent and millsaps and tedesco have had break away speed and a couple wins but were plagued with lots of bad races in between. Too bad they couldn't cross paths, they didnt and now its someone elses turn for factory. Didnt say they dont deserve a ride of some sort
S2H
3/17/2010 1:45pm
Bout time I hear someone from wa
justmacd
3/17/2010 1:48pm
burnside wrote:
He's got a point and you all know it, he just made it a bit abruptly. I think Short seems awesome, usually is up there in...
He's got a point and you all know it, he just made it a bit abruptly.

I think Short seems awesome, usually is up there in points overall, but he's a quiet rider, he'd make the perfect B rider, but big ole Team Honda still need a Chad/Stewart/Dunge/Villo in their camp. Guess Canard is that guy!

Agree completely. As mentioned above, he's a great ambassador and gifted rider. He's got podium/win potential. He's humble, down to earth but they need a title contender as well, not rather than.
S2H
3/17/2010 1:57pm
Unno sarcasm is kinda a WA thing to understand also
S2H
3/17/2010 1:58pm
Who are you borat? do you have to be explained what a not joke is?

Post a reply to: SHORT 2010 SX Champ?

The Latest