SE7EN Gear

karnivool
Edited Date/Time 5/7/2014 6:37am
looks amazing...vegas gear was head and shoulders above the rest...

...RVs looking more like it( i dug the vegas gear), solid color with 1 or 2 solid color accents...industry taking notes

honda and ktm need to fire everybody in charge of gear...wth

wish it wasn't so expensive http://www.sevenmx.com/products.html
|
Slow450
5/4/2014 9:08pm
The throwback zebra stuff was cool.
dean122
5/4/2014 10:52pm
I had an interesting conversation with a floor salesman at Chaparral yesterday regarding Seven . I asked when they were getting Seven gear in becuase there isn't a sign of any Seven clothing or gear to be found in the sea of retail space. He stated that Dave Damron gets butthurt real easy at riders and companies that don't play his "game".

Supposedly James missed a signing event at Chaparral due to another obligation and Dave was pissed and cut ties with the Seven rep to sell their gear. The salesman said he at least has 2-3 folks per day asking about Seven gear in the store and that's just one sales guy. It's a shame that becuase of some bitter feelings a huge opportunity is wasted for both customer and store. I was taken back at what the sales guy had to say as he definintely wasn't pulling any punches regarding the dealings that goes on behind closed doors. He was rambling on about some other stuff as well so who am I to not let the guy vent...ha.

Anyway, if you plan on making any trips to Chaparral to try on Seven gear or even go to buy some, don't waste your gas. Sucks because even though I buy some of my stuff online I still like to try the gear on in-store to check the fitting. Don't get me wrong, I still buy a shit ton of items in store so don't think I'm just using the store to try stuff on. If I like something enough, I'll buy it on the spot.
oldAFI
5/4/2014 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2014 11:13pm
Too bad some people are so bothered by the minutia of life that they take it out on others.

I agree Se7en gear looks the best.

The Shop

5/5/2014 3:10am
Dean122, thanks for the info. I will now look into other online stores and not use chapparal
CrashMaster
5/5/2014 6:23am
I never ever buy gear at a shop, especially mom & pop MC shops they always usually sell at full retail for everything. I always hit up motosport, bto or on occasion strait from the gear company. The only thing I get from the local shops is oil, or some VP. Its also so easy to get all of my hard parts online & recieve them fast at that. Wink
Motodork
5/5/2014 6:32am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 6:33am
So you want Chaparral to mow your lawn and do the work and then you want to pay the kid next door for finishing the last 5 feet because you are an Un American shit bag. If you did that in early America they would shoot you. I love how you justify your shit bagness with I buy lots of other stuff there. And let me guess? You think your a good customer. You sound like the dirt bags that tell me how straight and honest they are and then want me to fake the paperwork and not charge them tax like they are talking it out of state, but they are not, see them riding new bike at Glen helen, but I thought you were going out of state
5/5/2014 6:46am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 6:48am
Motodork wrote:
So you want Chaparral to mow your lawn and do the work and then you want to pay the kid next door for finishing the last...
So you want Chaparral to mow your lawn and do the work and then you want to pay the kid next door for finishing the last 5 feet because you are an Un American shit bag. If you did that in early America they would shoot you. I love how you justify your shit bagness with I buy lots of other stuff there. And let me guess? You think your a good customer. You sound like the dirt bags that tell me how straight and honest they are and then want me to fake the paperwork and not charge them tax like they are talking it out of state, but they are not, see them riding new bike at Glen helen, but I thought you were going out of state
Or maybe people are just tired of walking into a dealership, spending more than they need to, and dealing with a grumpy ass little prick at the parts counter, just for the sake of "ideals"? Get over yourself, dude.

You act like motosport and bto are located in Beijing, and people are contributing directly to the spread of Communism. They are shops, just like the one you most likely work at, however they had the intuition and business sense to expand, create an online internet presence, and buy in bulk, passing the savings on to their customers. THAT'S IT.

It also sounds to me that although Mr. Damron is a big name and well respected individual, he believes the motocross world revolves around his shop.
5/5/2014 6:47am
I never ever buy gear at a shop, especially mom & pop MC shops they always usually sell at full retail for everything. I always hit...
I never ever buy gear at a shop, especially mom & pop MC shops they always usually sell at full retail for everything. I always hit up motosport, bto or on occasion strait from the gear company. The only thing I get from the local shops is oil, or some VP. Its also so easy to get all of my hard parts online & recieve them fast at that. Wink
People like you and my younger brother are the reason that local shops are going away.

y brother treats local shops like his own personal fitting room, finds what size fits him best, then orders it online.

Then you bitch when the mom and pop shop isn't carrying something that you need asap.
5/5/2014 6:50am
Any you guys seen the One Ind. gear that was just revealed? Looks gnarly and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest lineup they've ever had, so much to choose from, so little money.
davistld01
5/5/2014 8:08am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 8:09am
dean122 wrote:
I had an interesting conversation with a floor salesman at Chaparral yesterday regarding Seven . I asked when they were getting Seven gear in becuase there...
I had an interesting conversation with a floor salesman at Chaparral yesterday regarding Seven . I asked when they were getting Seven gear in becuase there isn't a sign of any Seven clothing or gear to be found in the sea of retail space. He stated that Dave Damron gets butthurt real easy at riders and companies that don't play his "game".

Supposedly James missed a signing event at Chaparral due to another obligation and Dave was pissed and cut ties with the Seven rep to sell their gear. The salesman said he at least has 2-3 folks per day asking about Seven gear in the store and that's just one sales guy. It's a shame that becuase of some bitter feelings a huge opportunity is wasted for both customer and store. I was taken back at what the sales guy had to say as he definintely wasn't pulling any punches regarding the dealings that goes on behind closed doors. He was rambling on about some other stuff as well so who am I to not let the guy vent...ha.

Anyway, if you plan on making any trips to Chaparral to try on Seven gear or even go to buy some, don't waste your gas. Sucks because even though I buy some of my stuff online I still like to try the gear on in-store to check the fitting. Don't get me wrong, I still buy a shit ton of items in store so don't think I'm just using the store to try stuff on. If I like something enough, I'll buy it on the spot.
Mr. Damron has blown more than one opportunity to be even more successful than he is now by being overly sensitive, and overly self-important, from what I've heard. Oh, well...

From what I've read, seems like the Seven stuff is super high quality and most reviews say they fit better than most anything else on the market. Maybe so, maybe not...but I'm a fan of the look. But, if the quality is what some say it is...it's worth the price. There is a lot of gear out there that people buy just because their favorite rider wears it...and it falls apart before they can get it home. You usually get what you pay for.
Jt$
5/5/2014 8:58am
davistld01 wrote:
Mr. Damron has blown more than one opportunity to be even more successful than he is now by being overly sensitive, and overly self-important, from what...
Mr. Damron has blown more than one opportunity to be even more successful than he is now by being overly sensitive, and overly self-important, from what I've heard. Oh, well...

From what I've read, seems like the Seven stuff is super high quality and most reviews say they fit better than most anything else on the market. Maybe so, maybe not...but I'm a fan of the look. But, if the quality is what some say it is...it's worth the price. There is a lot of gear out there that people buy just because their favorite rider wears it...and it falls apart before they can get it home. You usually get what you pay for.
This review wouldn't have anything to do with the TLD in your handle would it? Haha.
davistld01
5/5/2014 9:06am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 9:07am
davistld01 wrote:
Mr. Damron has blown more than one opportunity to be even more successful than he is now by being overly sensitive, and overly self-important, from what...

Jt$ wrote:
This review wouldn't have anything to do with the TLD in your handle would it? Haha.
Haha! No, not at all...
mxb2
5/5/2014 9:55am
Some dealers need to stock more and match or beat online prices.
white devil
5/5/2014 10:16am
I never ever buy gear at a shop, especially mom & pop MC shops they always usually sell at full retail for everything. I always hit...
Sad. Local shops are very important to this sport. If you form a relationship by buying big ticket stuff, most will take good care of you on the little stuff like grips, parts, etc. I have a standing discount rate with my local shop that is the same as if I order online. Good luck with finding VP at Walmart when the local shops are gone. Oh yea, just order it online and wait a week while your buddies are riding
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/5/2014 10:17am
mxb2 wrote:
I agree. I know its easier said than done, but I think it could help them. There is a local MTB shop that will either match or get close to what you find online, and its one of my favorite things about that shop.
mxb2
5/5/2014 10:26am
mxb2 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I agree. I know its easier said than done, but I think it could help them. There is a local MTB shop that will either match...
I agree. I know its easier said than done, but I think it could help them. There is a local MTB shop that will either match or get close to what you find online, and its one of my favorite things about that shop.
Time is money, hope the dealer orders the right stuff, then drive back and forth. they have to beat the online price. my time and gas are not free. i am lucky , i have a fellow rider/racer who beats any online price and will ship. if you do not want to pick it up.
C.Worthy
5/5/2014 10:29am
Sad. Local shops are very important to this sport. If you form a relationship by buying big ticket stuff, most will take good care of you...
Sad. Local shops are very important to this sport. If you form a relationship by buying big ticket stuff, most will take good care of you on the little stuff like grips, parts, etc. I have a standing discount rate with my local shop that is the same as if I order online. Good luck with finding VP at Walmart when the local shops are gone. Oh yea, just order it online and wait a week while your buddies are riding
Walmart already sells mx stuff online through distributors....maybe we'll actually see VP in stores in the future...
mxb2
5/5/2014 10:36am
vp and renegade will deliver fuel right to your door step, not cheap, but if you wait til the last minute to order, blame the man in the mirror. lol
Grizz
5/5/2014 11:25am
Seven*
RandyS
5/5/2014 2:21pm
The reviews from the Stewart fans are like everything else regarding Stewart, extremely skewed. I think the Seven stuff is OK, there are a couple of pieces that I like which is about all I usually like of any of the gear lines each season. I don't hate Stewart despite what many on this board think but come on. It's right on par with most of the companies, as an extention of TLDs production how could it not. I like some of the Troy Lee stuff a little more than the Seven stuff but most of it is pretty nice. But let's be real about this. A totally unoriginal name, ever hear of One? A logo that looks a little too much like one Shift used the season before Seven even existed. And now doing retro gear based on one of the trademark pieces of one of the largest players in the game(I'm still wondering how that's going to play out if they try to sell it). It's nice stuff, it has a big name attached to it, groundbreaking, hardly.
Grizz
5/5/2014 2:27pm
RandyS wrote:
The reviews from the Stewart fans are like everything else regarding Stewart, extremely skewed. I think the Seven stuff is OK, there are a couple of...
The reviews from the Stewart fans are like everything else regarding Stewart, extremely skewed. I think the Seven stuff is OK, there are a couple of pieces that I like which is about all I usually like of any of the gear lines each season. I don't hate Stewart despite what many on this board think but come on. It's right on par with most of the companies, as an extention of TLDs production how could it not. I like some of the Troy Lee stuff a little more than the Seven stuff but most of it is pretty nice. But let's be real about this. A totally unoriginal name, ever hear of One? A logo that looks a little too much like one Shift used the season before Seven even existed. And now doing retro gear based on one of the trademark pieces of one of the largest players in the game(I'm still wondering how that's going to play out if they try to sell it). It's nice stuff, it has a big name attached to it, groundbreaking, hardly.
I'm sure Fox has patents on the color pink and zebra patterns...

That was Bubba's thing, not Fox's.
RandyS
5/5/2014 2:30pm
RandyS wrote:
The reviews from the Stewart fans are like everything else regarding Stewart, extremely skewed. I think the Seven stuff is OK, there are a couple of...
Grizz wrote:

Not anything trademarked but certainly a trademark look.

As for the second point, depending on your age I'll give you a pass but WRONG.
Slow450
5/5/2014 5:21pm
Motodork wrote:
So you want Chaparral to mow your lawn and do the work and then you want to pay the kid next door for finishing the last...
You probably had a better chance of getting shot in early America for running off at the mouth when you don't know what you are talking about.

Since you aren't tracking, most of this shit is made in China, Mexico, Japan etc and you're talking about one American retailer vs. another. What's great about the US is you don't have to buy from your assigned source that presides over your district, we're a capitalist economy and exercise the freedom to choose. You ever hear of the American dream? Vince (BTO) is living it, and he's brought a shitload of people along for the ride over the years. If local dealers don't hire dipshits to work the counters and have decent prices they sell stuff, if they don't, well in America we don't blame the customer.
zippy895
5/5/2014 6:51pm
justi starling was sporting the gear at vegas as well.
Grizz
5/5/2014 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 7:27pm
RandyS wrote:
Grizz wrote:

RandyS wrote:
Not anything trademarked but certainly a trademark look.

As for the second point, depending on your age I'll give you a pass but WRONG.
It was Bubba's trade mark look. Not Fox's. Regardless, it's not technically trademarked by anyone.

You can't trademark a zebra pattern. Just because Fox is one of the only ones using it doesn't mean shit.
Grizz
5/5/2014 7:24pm
Show me any other pro that wore Bubba's signature pink and zebra gear. Please, do it.
RandyS
5/5/2014 8:43pm
Grizz wrote:
Show me any other pro that wore Bubba's signature pink and zebra gear. Please, do it.
Digging in huh? Keep shoveling.
Grizz
5/5/2014 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 8:52pm
You're the one that's gotta keep shoveling, for a picture of another pro with that gear on. Wink

Post a reply to: SE7EN Gear

The Latest