SDG Pitbike Handlebar Question

midwestmoto
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 8:52pm
I have an 05 SDG Pitbike. I'm not too familiar with the brand as the bike was given to me but it's in great shape and runs like a champ.

I'm currently looking at what I can do to cosmetically make it look better. I'm wanting it to match my RMZ250. I'm in the early stages but so far have created my own front number plate plastic that matches the RMZ but the handlebars drive me crazy. Really the whole front end drives me crazy because of how much lower the front number plate and front fender appear to sit.

I'm not sure if it will really help but I'm thinking about getting new handlebars. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this bike or a similar one and if running lower handlebars that look more like Renthal Twinwalls rather than bicycle handlebars would look better. If so, does it make the bike harder to handle, does it look goofy, etc. Also, will any handlebar that fits crf50's fit on this bike? The triple clamps make me question what handlebars will actually fit without any troubles. Anyways, Just looking for some insight. Appreciate any advice!

Pitbike

Handlebars that I think would look better

Thanks

|
RBernardi85
3/17/2018 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 8:19pm
50 bars will fit. I think it would look weird with so much extra cable flopping around. Also it would be more squirrelly, depending on your height the bars more than likely would hit your knees.
Wandell
3/17/2018 8:52pm
The bars on pit bikes are so tall so average sized adults can ride them. If you add normal bars the bike will probably be unrideable, unless you're really short.

Post a reply to: SDG Pitbike Handlebar Question

The Latest