SCOTT Boots.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2010 5:11 PM

Are they any good?

|

2/8/2010 5:16 PM

Which version are you asking about? The originals? The Genius? Or the new one that they're working on?

|

2/8/2010 5:52 PM

GuyB wrote:

Which version are you asking about? The originals? The Genius? Or the new one that they're working on?

...that should be out in the Spring smile

|

The Journey is the Destination

2/8/2010 6:19 PM

Hope they are a huge improvement over the Genius.

|

2/8/2010 6:22 PM

Funny I still have the originals. I think I may be the only person alive that actually likes them. You could pretty much land anything and feel nothing through the pegs. Of course feeling nothing was the #1 complaint.

|

2/8/2010 6:41 PM

Mr. G wrote:

Funny I still have the originals. I think I may be the only person alive that actually likes them. You could pretty much land anything and feel nothing through the pegs. Of course feeling nothing was the #1 complaint.

And my buckles would fall off/come undone--I must have half a dozen old pics with a "strap" flappin' in the breeze...Once I got used to them, I liked them and learned to ride with them with no trouble...very sturdy feeling and confidence inspiring (I once saw a dude get his leg mangled bad when it got wedged between the swingarm and rear wheel in a crash somehow, so I was "scarred" for a few years..."robot boots" didn't bother me a bit lol) Plus, Hannah wore them for a while--nuff saidtongue

I've been planning on buying a new pair of Scotts for a while now, but always seem to end up back with my AStars...they have a new "version" of the Genius coming out soon? hmmm....
|

If you don't crash once in a while, you're not going fast enough.

2/8/2010 6:42 PM

Wandell wrote:

What didn't you like about your Genius boots? Just curious.

|

If you don't crash once in a while, you're not going fast enough.

2/8/2010 9:31 PM

Mr. G wrote:

I wore a pair of the originals back in 79-80. I liked 'em too. They took some getting used to, but worked good for me.

|

RIP Danny "Magoo" Chandler 1959-2010

2/8/2010 9:42 PM

I had two pair and they were great. Back when foot pegs were skinny you could land hard from a jump and not feel a thing. Kick a rock or a rut and nothing. Made your feet feel bullet proof.

|

Ed Johnson

2/9/2010 2:01 PM

I was talking about the Genius. But I didnt know anything about them having some new ones coming out. What is the word on them.

|

2/9/2010 2:25 PM

I like the Genius boots a lot. I went from the Tech 8's and I feel the SCOTT boot is as good or better than the A-star. Of course I really liked the Sidi SRS boots too so maybe it's just me?

|

2/9/2010 2:30 PM

GuyB wrote:

I'm going to say 2 strikes so for, hope they hit with the latest ones or they will be out.

|

2/9/2010 2:45 PM

How about those Scott like boots called MXL's I think? Lynn Swan wore them in "Time Rider"

|

2/9/2010 3:26 PM

Any boot that ugly can't be any good.
Unless you're blind and have no taste.

but they look great on you.... wink

|

2/9/2010 3:30 PM

Quote.........
"Are they any good?"

To answer your question, simply look around!
Dave O.wink

|

2/9/2010 4:20 PM

Wandell wrote:

JustPuttinAround wrote:

HUGE. beyond that comfortable But they are HUGE. That and a price tag that is outrageous. No need for $500 for a boot that you are going to wear a year maybe two.

Cool to hear about a new boot. If the price is right I can see buying a pair.

|

2/9/2010 5:56 PM

Mr. G wrote:

I loved the original Scott boots but I wore fiberglass Heckel Boots before them so I was already used to the feel. I broke the fibula threw Scott boots.....I swear if I had not had them on I would have shattered my leg.

|

2/9/2010 6:22 PM

The Genius sounded more of a design experiment...robocop would have loved them though.

|

2/9/2010 8:02 PM

Wandell wrote:

JustPuttinAround wrote:

I never wore the Genius personally. Had a friend that had a pair through his sponsorship and hated them so bad he purchased his own Alpine Stars.
I tried a set of the orignals years ago that a guy wanted to sell. I think I wore them for two laps and couldn't feel anything on the bike.

|