Ryno's Post about the Sport

Kyle978
11/9/2020 12:37pm
XC706 wrote:
Very true. I think The Hoff has a tough phone call to make.
Why, because he triggered all the fat vet riders on Vital that can’t control their overpowered (for them) machines?
Chance1216
11/9/2020 12:50pm
Kyle978 wrote:
Why, because he triggered all the fat vet riders on Vital that can’t control their overpowered (for them) machines?
Perhaps, a tough call to make is an analogy for taking a good look at himself.
CPR
11/9/2020 1:31pm
Brent wrote:
Horsepower and more g forces encountered has increased. My first 125 probably had 20 horsepower. My 2021 450 has upwards of 60 horsepower. A rider on...
Horsepower and more g forces encountered has increased.

My first 125 probably had 20 horsepower. My 2021 450 has upwards of 60 horsepower. A rider on a local average track can experience up to 7 G’s each lap.

So to answer your question, holding on has become harder, not only for crusty old farts like me, but for every human that rides these machines.

Kyle978 wrote:
The fact you even needed to explain that blows me away, but well said. You can get yourself in a LOT of trouble on a 450...
The fact you even needed to explain that blows me away, but well said.

You can get yourself in a LOT of trouble on a 450 if you don’t have the skills AND fitness to control it when things don’t go according to plan.

And to be honest, I feel fitness might be even more important than skills.
yz133rider wrote:
It’ll all fall on deaf ears though, and be met with some ; maybe try flat track if you’re afraid of jumps or take up chess...
It’ll all fall on deaf ears though, and be met with some ; maybe try flat track if you’re afraid of jumps or take up chess if you aren’t bro enough. Motos supposed to be dangerous and F off with any common sense or input that could benefit the sport.

Your first 125 also weighed SIGNIFICANTLY less than a new 450, which adds to the forces and inertia involved now.

Older bikes also as mentioned somewhere in this thread limited your ability to ride above your head. You needed a lot more skill, corner speed, and bike control to be able to go for the big jump out of the corner, or to get the speed to make certain sections.

Now with the broad power delivery, more traction, more power ; you don’t have to shift, carry any speed, or have much of any talent and you can get the speed needed to clear sections way above your abilities, which no doubt leads to some consequences.

You’ve all successfully argued why modern moto is more dangerous, which I agree with, but my question was how is motocross more difficult now than a few decades ago?
gerg
11/9/2020 3:00pm
Holy shit just watched his unhinged rant literally calling people pathetic and irresponsible off the back of a tragic accident all the while he is driving and looking into a camera.
That heartless A grade ahole had his eyes off the road so much he's lucky he didn't kill someone.

Also...he legit reminds me of Nick Nolte's character in that Hulk movie with Eric Bana, except Nolte's character comes across as less insane.

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
11/9/2020 5:18pm
bonseff wrote:
[embed][/embed]
Wait....theres 3 girls here that look like pat benatar..
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
11/9/2020 6:52pm
F-1 and Nascar manage the speed of their athletes.
Every few years, when the cars become too fast, both organizations lower the maximum displacement, and reduce the speed a bit, and the danger and severity of injuries a lot.
The teams then innovate around the new rules.
In Motocross we just keep going faster.
And it seems there've been more deaths lately.
I've posted about this a few times.
We need to control the speed.
Yes, the pros can ride the crap out of a 450.
But the cost of a crash is becoming greater and greater.
The factories and racing organizations need to agree to a displacement reduction, and make it happen. Tracks will adjust to match the bike's capabilites, and riders will crash at slower speeds.

If not, bikes will become faster, jumps bigger and crashes more intense.

I have a plan on how to make this happen that will be good for the factories, riders, and racing organizations if anyone is interested. I've posted it before.

RIP Chris Ow. Your family is in my prayers

Radical
numbers
11/9/2020 7:00pm
Kyle978 wrote:
Well considering a large demographic of Vital users are literally the guys he’s talking about, I can see why this thread went this way. Triggered some...
Well considering a large demographic of Vital users are literally the guys he’s talking about, I can see why this thread went this way. Triggered some of ya.

Less money on exhaust and graphics, more money on proper suspension set up, coaching and fresh tires.

It’s downright scary watching some guys get ridden around the track by their 450 machines knowing they have families that depend on them.
Brent wrote:
Yup. A couple weeks back, I pitted next to a guy that appeared to be in his late 40”s that had a brand new Husky 450...
Yup.

A couple weeks back, I pitted next to a guy that appeared to be in his late 40”s that had a brand new Husky 450 he just bought the day before.

Dude told me he has never ridden a four stroke before, and had not ridden any dirt bikes anywhere since 1999 - the last bike he owed was a 1997 Yamaha YZ250. Dealer talked him into a new 450 because “the salesman says that Husky’s are good for vets”

I was a little wary because with the dad/office dweller bod he was sporting, that this may not go as well as he might want.

I felt bad because he didn’t bring his fork pump or any other tools to the track to set up sag or tire pressure or anything, he said he had no idea that new bikes need so much set up. I tried to help as much as I could , but he just wanted to go out and do laps on his new bike, new fox gear, and 21 year old beat up Arai helmet.

The whole ordeal lasted three laps before the guy pulled in unable to hold on, and he was rolling everything when he was out.
I never saw him after that, when I came back from my moto he and his truck were gone.

So if anyone needs a 2021 Husky 450 with maybe 20 minutes on it, I’m sure it’s for sale somewhere around Temecula or San Diego now.

I guess my point is that MX has gotten a lot harder than when I started riding decades ago- you have to be in shape, you have to use correct technique, and you have to realize this is the hardest sport on earth and you need to respect it.

Yzf 250 best bike for any vet rider. Keep you on the track fir days.
brocster
11/9/2020 7:06pm
XC706 wrote:
Very true. I think The Hoff has a tough phone call to make.
Kyle978 wrote:
That you Ryno???
BS12
11/9/2020 7:49pm
I have nothing to contribute, however logic would suggest that if Ryan actually has any remorse for what he's said, he could have quickly and easily deleted the videos, but has not.
Kyle978
11/9/2020 8:19pm
brocster wrote:
That you Ryno???
I’m confident Ryno’s spelling and grammar would be pretty far off.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/9/2020 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2020 8:38pm
I think Ryno was just a little heartbroken over it and expressed it the best way he could. Yeah he’s a little gruff, but heck, he just had a really long day, and saw rough stuff. His heart’s in the right place.
jc34
11/9/2020 9:42pm
Pretty awful. Poor timing, poor choice of words, driving while filming, all around a bad look. You dont see people with something to lose; a business, reputation, professional career, doing this stuff. If they do, they dont stick around. Or maybe they do, because in today's world, any publicity is great. Even if youre mocking people who may not know better. Maybe Ryan should make a video about people who take up rock climbing but didn't live in a van outside of yosemite for 25 years because they have office jobs, 4 kids, and debts to pay for education...give me a break.

RIP to Chris. An awful accident to what seems like a great human being and a great motorcycle rider. It must be really tough for any family and friends to see something like that video posted at the beginning and not think "why would you do that now". So sorry.

OG725
11/10/2020 3:57am
Why is it that everybody thinks they know what is best for everybody else? You're a big boy, you want to pin the throttle up the face of the triple, go for it. You want to ride the mini track, enjoy. You live your life and I'll live mine!

"DON'T TREAD ON ME"!
TXDirt
11/10/2020 4:33am
burn1986 wrote:
I think Ryno was just a little heartbroken over it and expressed it the best way he could. Yeah he’s a little gruff, but heck, he...
I think Ryno was just a little heartbroken over it and expressed it the best way he could. Yeah he’s a little gruff, but heck, he just had a really long day, and saw rough stuff. His heart’s in the right place.
A really long day.....That’s your excuse? Ryan gets to act like a clown because he had a long day?

A man died at the track.

Let’s extend a little dignity and respect to a fellow fallen rider and his family.

It doesn’t matter if what Ryan said was 100% correct, which it wasn’t correct at all....the way he said it, and when he said it, and who he was talking about was completely inappropriate and was an asshole move. I don’t care how long Ryan’s day was or how tired he was. It was cold and heartless and he should have just kept his ignorant mouth shut.

It’s far past time we take a stand against the poison people spew on social media. This is right in our own backyard. A well known ex-pro spewing his garbage in regards to a fallen brother.

The only positive thing in this thread is it’s good to see the amount of good folks standing up for a fallen rider and telling Ryan Hughes to take his garbage elsewhere.
OG725
11/10/2020 4:37am
burn1986 wrote:
I think Ryno was just a little heartbroken over it and expressed it the best way he could. Yeah he’s a little gruff, but heck, he...
TXDirt wrote:
A really long day.....That’s your excuse? Ryan gets to act like a clown because he had a long day? A man died at the track. Let’s...
A really long day.....That’s your excuse? Ryan gets to act like a clown because he had a long day?

A man died at the track.

Let’s extend a little dignity and respect to a fellow fallen rider and his family.

It doesn’t matter if what Ryan said was 100% correct, which it wasn’t correct at all....the way he said it, and when he said it, and who he was talking about was completely inappropriate and was an asshole move. I don’t care how long Ryan’s day was or how tired he was. It was cold and heartless and he should have just kept his ignorant mouth shut.

It’s far past time we take a stand against the poison people spew on social media. This is right in our own backyard. A well known ex-pro spewing his garbage in regards to a fallen brother.

The only positive thing in this thread is it’s good to see the amount of good folks standing up for a fallen rider and telling Ryan Hughes to take his garbage elsewhere.
His rant may have been forgotten as nothing more than rhetoric, but he lost credibility when he turned it in to a commercial. Upset by the days events or not, the video had an appearance that Ryan Hughes was attempting to profit from the tragedy, "You fucking guys need training and I fucking train guys".
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/10/2020 6:23am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2020 8:37pm
burn1986 wrote:
WTF !!!!!!!!!!! His heart may have been in the right place ???
Well his head has been up his ass as long as I can remember. And what is worse is the amount of people who give him a "pass" for this kind of continued behavior.
mx317
11/10/2020 8:10am
brocster wrote:
That you Ryno???
Kyle978 wrote:
I’m confident Ryno’s spelling and grammar would be pretty far off.
Maybe brocster just couldn't tell one prick from another?
kage173
11/10/2020 8:45am
burn1986 wrote:
I agree. 90% of the people hating on him have never watched someone die.

It is a very emotional experience. Ryno is already a fairly reactive person and I think this sent him over the edge where he needed to take action to try to prevent it from happening again. I get people's negative take on what he said, but I give him a pass.
Chance1216
11/10/2020 9:05am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2020 1:14pm
Although I agree everyone reacts differently to certain situations, my first thoughts are sadness for those who knew Chris. From what I’ve read he sounded like an awesome guy and those who knew him were fortunate.
If I lost a family member or friend in MX related crash, only to see a post the next day, talking about riding lessons and, how unskilled riders are and not even saying hey, my heart goes out to the family, I’d be absolutely pissed.
Ryan being angry about riders asking if the track will reopen is understandable but, it isn’t a good enough reason to not punch him in the mouth after everything else said. Maybe this time they’ll leave the wires in so he can keep his mouth shut about people he doesn’t even know.
Kevin852
11/10/2020 9:17am
kage173 wrote:
I agree. 90% of the people hating on him have never watched someone die. It is a very emotional experience. Ryno is already a fairly reactive...

It is a very emotional experience. Ryno is already a fairly reactive person and I think this sent him over the edge where he needed to take action to try to prevent it from happening again. I get people's negative take on what he said, but I give him a pass.
I have performed chest compressions on a mans chest at the track as he died. Yet, I did not go on social media after that and blame the rider or anything else.

I once tied a young man onto a gurney for helo transport (he died in the helicopter, basal skull fracture). I did not go on social media and rant about his friend driving under the influence which resulted in his death (and the other passenger losing both legs who I had to use my t-shrirt on as a impromptu tourniquet). And no, I do not work as an emergency worker, I was just at the right place at the right time to help.

I think what Ryno had to say about the riders continuing to ride that day is correct and it is in poor taste for sure. Other than that it was a bad rant/post. He knew nothing about that riders ability, if he had a riding coach, etc. Hell he did not even see the crash. And to do it while driving really shows a lack of judgement when spewing a rant about safety.

Ryan625
11/10/2020 9:41am
burn1986 wrote:
kage173 wrote:
I agree. 90% of the people hating on him have never watched someone die. It is a very emotional experience. Ryno is already a fairly reactive...

Watching someone die in a situation where if things had not gone wrong, they would still be living and breathing changes you. I watched a good person take their last breath when I was 19, he was 17 and we were racing B class. It wasn't the same scenario at all, but we loaded up and went home after that, and that happened in my first practice of the weekend.

I also lost my best friend, and one of the best snowmobile riders in the country at that time, to an avalanche. He was smart, albeit crazy, had all of the proper gear and avalanche bags, but when that mountain broke nothing could have saved him except not doing that drop. We were filming too. Ive seen him die more times than anyone ever should see because we used it to teach people about what went wrong.

Ryno is and has always been controversial, but he is also smart and knows this sport better than most ever will or could. Hell yeah he's pissed, I agree, that man shouldn't have died. EVERYONE needs some form of coaching when starting out, even if informal. I used to have a track. I wouldn't let anyone on who's gear wasn't deemed safe, and I would personally work with certain types to make sure they could safely ride my track (personal one) before I set them loose and felt comfortable putting in Moto's. Especially since I built and rode that track daily. Nothing scares me more than a 30 year old meathead that just bought his first dirt bike.
DKmxFAN
11/10/2020 10:03am
Kyle978 wrote:
Well considering a large demographic of Vital users are literally the guys he’s talking about, I can see why this thread went this way. Triggered some...
Well considering a large demographic of Vital users are literally the guys he’s talking about, I can see why this thread went this way. Triggered some of ya.

Less money on exhaust and graphics, more money on proper suspension set up, coaching and fresh tires.

It’s downright scary watching some guys get ridden around the track by their 450 machines knowing they have families that depend on them.
Brent wrote:
Yup. A couple weeks back, I pitted next to a guy that appeared to be in his late 40”s that had a brand new Husky 450...
Yup.

A couple weeks back, I pitted next to a guy that appeared to be in his late 40”s that had a brand new Husky 450 he just bought the day before.

Dude told me he has never ridden a four stroke before, and had not ridden any dirt bikes anywhere since 1999 - the last bike he owed was a 1997 Yamaha YZ250. Dealer talked him into a new 450 because “the salesman says that Husky’s are good for vets”

I was a little wary because with the dad/office dweller bod he was sporting, that this may not go as well as he might want.

I felt bad because he didn’t bring his fork pump or any other tools to the track to set up sag or tire pressure or anything, he said he had no idea that new bikes need so much set up. I tried to help as much as I could , but he just wanted to go out and do laps on his new bike, new fox gear, and 21 year old beat up Arai helmet.

The whole ordeal lasted three laps before the guy pulled in unable to hold on, and he was rolling everything when he was out.
I never saw him after that, when I came back from my moto he and his truck were gone.

So if anyone needs a 2021 Husky 450 with maybe 20 minutes on it, I’m sure it’s for sale somewhere around Temecula or San Diego now.

I guess my point is that MX has gotten a lot harder than when I started riding decades ago- you have to be in shape, you have to use correct technique, and you have to realize this is the hardest sport on earth and you need to respect it.

Your right, fuck it let’s all not do it.
kage173
11/10/2020 3:30pm
Kevin852 wrote:
I have performed chest compressions on a mans chest at the track as he died. Yet, I did not go on social media after that and...
I have performed chest compressions on a mans chest at the track as he died. Yet, I did not go on social media after that and blame the rider or anything else.

I once tied a young man onto a gurney for helo transport (he died in the helicopter, basal skull fracture). I did not go on social media and rant about his friend driving under the influence which resulted in his death (and the other passenger losing both legs who I had to use my t-shrirt on as a impromptu tourniquet). And no, I do not work as an emergency worker, I was just at the right place at the right time to help.

I think what Ryno had to say about the riders continuing to ride that day is correct and it is in poor taste for sure. Other than that it was a bad rant/post. He knew nothing about that riders ability, if he had a riding coach, etc. Hell he did not even see the crash. And to do it while driving really shows a lack of judgement when spewing a rant about safety.

Fair enough bro.
acerbis
11/11/2020 12:59pm
Unsubscribed from Ryno power email. I don't care if he "wears his heart on his sleeve", or is "more" passionate about dirt bikes. He should of removed his first post and the second post should of been an apology. Slandering a dead brother of ours should not be justified. Nice advertisement Ryno.
JB 19
11/11/2020 5:23pm
I always roll my eyes when someone flips their wig and goes full stupid and then people say, "he wears his heart on his sleeve... is super passionate" ...yada yada..... like he's the only passionate person around. Dry Hate to tell you, but there are all kinds of passionate people in all forms of competition, business, research, etc who don't act like a bone head. IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU A PASS FOR ACTING LIKE A DIPSHIT.
MotofactioN
11/11/2020 6:55pm
acerbis wrote:
Unsubscribed from Ryno power email. I don't care if he "wears his heart on his sleeve", or is "more" passionate about dirt bikes. He should of...
Unsubscribed from Ryno power email. I don't care if he "wears his heart on his sleeve", or is "more" passionate about dirt bikes. He should of removed his first post and the second post should of been an apology. Slandering a dead brother of ours should not be justified. Nice advertisement Ryno.
I have to be with you on that one. A couple weeks ago I bought some Ryno Power protein and supplements. Well I won’t be doing that again. I’ll take my business to other MX affiliated supplement brands.

I’m sorry, but after thinking on this for a week, I can’t support a business with a owner who had acted like this. It’s all in the context of it. What a shame.

You can’t have a nice bike because you aren’t good enough? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. All the vets you see out there 45 to 75+ years old are supposed to ride a piece of shit bike then? You don’t know how fast they used to be when they were in there 20s and 30s. And it doesn’t matter either. All that matters is they are having fun on their dirtbike, just like Chris was doing.

Rest In Peace Chris.
Ozy
11/11/2020 8:46pm
I dig Ryno's passion and honesty. After about 2:30 it kinda turned into a rant.

It is pretty crazy a total beginner can buy a brand new motocross bike and pay $40 to ride a track . . . Darwinism at it's finest I guess.

So sad for the family of the rider that lost his life (doing something fun) RIP
RCMXracing
11/12/2020 9:02am
Radical wrote:
F-1 and Nascar manage the speed of their athletes. Every few years, when the cars become too fast, both organizations lower the maximum displacement, and reduce...
F-1 and Nascar manage the speed of their athletes.
Every few years, when the cars become too fast, both organizations lower the maximum displacement, and reduce the speed a bit, and the danger and severity of injuries a lot.
The teams then innovate around the new rules.
In Motocross we just keep going faster.
And it seems there've been more deaths lately.
I've posted about this a few times.
We need to control the speed.
Yes, the pros can ride the crap out of a 450.
But the cost of a crash is becoming greater and greater.
The factories and racing organizations need to agree to a displacement reduction, and make it happen. Tracks will adjust to match the bike's capabilites, and riders will crash at slower speeds.

If not, bikes will become faster, jumps bigger and crashes more intense.

I have a plan on how to make this happen that will be good for the factories, riders, and racing organizations if anyone is interested. I've posted it before.

RIP Chris Ow. Your family is in my prayers

Radical
Would be interested in hearing your plan, but in general respectfully disagree with your post.

In modern times F1 and Nascar adjust the rules so no one team doesn’t gain a huge advantage. They want close racing. Somewhat related to what happened in 1986 with the production rule in MX/SX. Honda had the deep pockets and were kicking ass with works machines.

The way speed is controlled is with the design of the track. The more technical the track, the slower it is. Beyond the track design it’s your throttle hand that controls the speed.

I just can’t get with the idea that 450’s are too fast and they are dangerous. The rider controls the machine. Cars, trucks, and street bikes are as fast as you wanna go and people crash and die driving them.

A 450 is a race machine. A decent rider can safely jump all the jumps on a track. That same rider can do it on a 250 or 125 also. The 450 doesn’t suddenly give a rider a labotomy where he “just can’t control himself” and rides way too fast because it’s such a fast bike. It’s always your right hand.

Post a reply to: Ryno's Post about the Sport

The Latest