Ryno on Jett

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2020 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2020 12:29 PM

|

6/15/2020 12:04 PM

I reckon he is late to the Jett Train!

|

6/15/2020 12:46 PM

That was an ugly set of gear.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

6/15/2020 12:47 PM

Champion is a little optimistic. Race winner sure. Kids 16 and is doing great. Hope it continues.

|

6/15/2020 12:49 PM

Don't want to jinx the kid or put too much pressure on him, but I agree that there's something special about him.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/15/2020 1:17 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

|

6/15/2020 1:20 PM

Every once in a while you see someone that has "it" and Jett has it. There's a lot of young fast kids that turn pro, but you can see something special every once in a while with someone and I agree with Ryno, his charisma, technique and desire to win is something to be admired. He's going to be multi-time champion no doubt.

|

6/15/2020 1:20 PM

omalley wrote:

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

Looked like a full body suit condom.....but ya... 16 yrs old & podium SX... pretty awesome.... hopefully he can back it up outdoors...

|

6/15/2020 1:21 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

I reckon he is late to the Jett Train!

Sounds like he is either working with him or is selling him some product?????

Photo

|

6/15/2020 1:25 PM

Captain obvious strikes again!

|

6/15/2020 2:04 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

Not my favorite but I like it better than that all white gear. It's just too plain.

|

6/15/2020 2:11 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

omalley wrote:

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

Hmm. If you don't have something good to say...

|

6/15/2020 2:12 PM

I agree, Jett has something special. But time will tell if he'll be a checkers or wreckers rider or if he'll be able to keep it on two wheels and rack up the championships. He's got plenty of time to mature so that's going to work in his favor.

Is there any other kids his age in the amateur ranks who would be capable of battling with him?

|

6/15/2020 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2020 4:34 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

omalley wrote:

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

It looked like white gear that had been soaked in piss.

|

6/15/2020 2:55 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

I agree, Jett has something special. But time will tell if he'll be a checkers or wreckers rider or if he'll be able to keep it on two wheels and rack up the championships. He's got plenty of time to mature so that's going to work in his favor.

Is there any other kids his age in the amateur ranks who would be capable of battling with him?

Not really.. Monster cup this year showed he was the fastest Amateur in SX.

And most 16yr olds are just getting off a supermini or depending on birthday still are on supermini's.

Jetts been racing 250's since he was 14 in Europe on MXGP circuit and even won.


|

6/15/2020 2:59 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

omalley wrote:

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

I liked it

|

6/15/2020 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2020 3:00 PM

I agree with him, whether he can keep it on two wheels is a different story, his heart and determination is similar to JS.

Best talent since Webb came through the ranks.

|

6/15/2020 3:06 PM

Time and maturing are on his side right now. In time he "could" be the next Aussie Legend in the US. Still very early days but for me, I have a new Aussie to root for now that CR22 is heading out to pasture.

|

6/15/2020 3:17 PM

He should probably take it easy on the "big balls" part.

|

6/15/2020 3:18 PM

He makes a lot of mistakes but then of course duh 16 years old and pretty new at supercross.

The speed is 100% there, his team needs to work on keeping it on two wheels and especially not missing any whoops.

Speed alone doesnt = wins.

|

6/15/2020 3:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2020 3:57 PM

The gear on its own leaves something to be desired but compliments the colors/graphics of his bike very well

|

6/15/2020 3:57 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

I thought it was the best looking gear out there personally. You must tend to like black and white huh?

|

6/15/2020 4:03 PM

It’s baffling someone his age can ride a Supercross track and actually do as well as he does. It’s pretty baffling.

16 is so young. I can see outdoors and stuff but not a freaking elite sx track. Shit ain’t easy and he makes it look like it is.

Some people just know how to ride a dirt bike. I could ride but never close to that. I honestly don’t know how these guys can ride as good as they do.

I feel so inferior spurting around the track thinking I’m going fast when I’m not at all compared to these guys.

Imagine how the guys that don’t make the mains feel. They are like shit I’m so fast at home track and can’t even get in the night show and they would smoke most people so it makes you wonder how the top 5 guys can go so much faster and have the conditioning to do so on top of that.

|

6/15/2020 5:05 PM

level wrote:

It’s baffling someone his age can ride a Supercross track and actually do as well as he does. It’s pretty baffling.

16 is so young. I can see outdoors and stuff but not a freaking elite sx track. Shit ain’t easy and he makes it look like it is.

Some people just know how to ride a dirt bike. I could ride but never close to that. I honestly don’t know how these guys can ride as good as they do.

I feel so inferior spurting around the track thinking I’m going fast when I’m not at all compared to these guys.

Imagine how the guys that don’t make the mains feel. They are like shit I’m so fast at home track and can’t even get in the night show and they would smoke most people so it makes you wonder how the top 5 guys can go so much faster and have the conditioning to do so on top of that.

In 1971 at the age of 14 Tripes finished 4th at the Denver Inter-Am (and was banned until he turned 16 by the AMA when they found out his age). He was signed by Yamaha in 1972 and after turning 16 he won the first Supercross ever at the L.A. Coliseum
Photo

|

6/15/2020 5:24 PM

I hope hes the real deal. Hes certainly fast enough, hes just gotta stay off the ground. I recall AC being the next big thing, winning a few with a few 2nds his rookie year then taking a few years to find some success again. Hes definitely worth getting excited over though

|

6/15/2020 5:25 PM

hogkiller wrote:

In 1971 at the age of 14 Tripes finished 4th at the Denver Inter-Am (and was banned until he turned 16 by the AMA when they found out his age). He was signed by Yamaha in 1972 and after turning 16 he won the first Supercross ever at the L.A. Coliseum
Photo

Did he give them any clues to his age?

|

6/15/2020 5:43 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

That was an ugly set of gear.

omalley wrote:

Agreed. Some of the worst-looking gear I’ve ever seen.

KingsCourt wrote:

It looked like white gear that had been soaked in piss.

I don't know about all of that-- that boy made that gear look good.....real good.

|

6/15/2020 5:46 PM

He will be in the mix for wins in the outdoors and maybe even in the mix for the championship...

|

6/15/2020 5:54 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I hope hes the real deal. Hes certainly fast enough, hes just gotta stay off the ground. I recall AC being the next big thing, winning a few with a few 2nds his rookie year then taking a few years to find some success again. Hes definitely worth getting excited over though

AC's shoulder injuries really did a number on his confidence during those few years. If Jett stays healthy, he'll definitely be the real deal.

|

6/15/2020 6:01 PM

Even Stevie Wonder can see the kid is special!

|