Ryno has no idea what he is talking about................. ****Clickbait Title****

McG194
7/26/2021 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2021 3:24am
It's amazing how much people bag on him for being crazy about neck braces. He is attacked on this site and by lots of people for his belief that a neck brace limits the range of motion and causes poor riding form that results in more crashes. Then I look at the side panel advertisement and it says that Atlas has a new neck brace and the selling point is 66% more range of motion.

Maybe Ryno isn't so crazy after all.
|
sandtrack315
7/26/2021 10:46am
Same dude who is wearing a mask to protect him from vaccinated people...

I love Ryno, but you need a huge grain of salt when listening to him.
McG194
7/26/2021 11:04am
Same dude who is wearing a mask to protect him from vaccinated people... I love Ryno, but you need a huge grain of salt when listening...
Same dude who is wearing a mask to protect him from vaccinated people...

I love Ryno, but you need a huge grain of salt when listening to him.
If you think he's serious with the mask, I really don't know what to say. It's obviously a statement on the ridiculousness of masks.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/26/2021 1:02pm
Ryno has clearly toned down the anti neck and knee brace rhetoric, which is a positive because he was talking out of his ass in some cases. And he was called out by Dr. Leatt.

If your not listening to his tips on riding though you are missing out imo.
Moto520
7/26/2021 1:33pm
I'm loving the insight from Ryno. He's like the old ambassador of our sport. He has interesting opinions and i enjoy listening to his stuff.
MelonFan123
7/26/2021 1:47pm
For me...it's not Ryno's message so much as his arrogance in delivering said message(s).

According to him he is right on everything and he clowns on people with differing opinions. Thats his approach whether its masks, riding gear, riding techniques, etc.

I feel the delivery sometimes ruins the message
McG194
7/26/2021 2:11pm
soggy wrote:
Ryno has clearly toned down the anti neck and knee brace rhetoric, which is a positive because he was talking out of his ass in some...
Ryno has clearly toned down the anti neck and knee brace rhetoric, which is a positive because he was talking out of his ass in some cases. And he was called out by Dr. Leatt.

If he is "Talking out of his ass" why would they be changing the design of some neck braces? Sure sounds like he was on to something there to me.
MelonFan123
7/26/2021 2:17pm
McG194 wrote:
If he is "Talking out of his ass" why would they be changing the design of some neck braces? Sure sounds like he was on to...
If he is "Talking out of his ass" why would they be changing the design of some neck braces? Sure sounds like he was on to something there to me.
Are you the same one that's defended Hopper and Cooksey in multiple threads?

If so, I'm starting to see a pattern here
McG194
7/26/2021 2:36pm
McG194 wrote:
If he is "Talking out of his ass" why would they be changing the design of some neck braces? Sure sounds like he was on to...
Are you the same one that's defended Hopper and Cooksey in multiple threads?

If so, I'm starting to see a pattern here
If by defended you mean I said that they had a right to exist sure, I defended them.

Mostly Hopper, I am smart enough to know what Schtick is and I realize that most of his stuff that gets everyone so worked up is pure satire. He is filling a niche and he does have an audience, why should I let it bother me?
7/26/2021 2:41pm
I remember him saying Mousequin would probably win the outdoor title after he removed the neck brace and won a salt lake round.

This thread should go well.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
7/26/2021 2:45pm
soggy wrote:
Ryno has clearly toned down the anti neck and knee brace rhetoric, which is a positive because he was talking out of his ass in some...

McG194 wrote:
Maybe it’s an updated design, things change.
McG194
7/26/2021 2:47pm
I remember him saying Mousequin would probably win the outdoor title after he removed the neck brace and won a salt lake round. This thread should...
I remember him saying Mousequin would probably win the outdoor title after he removed the neck brace and won a salt lake round.

This thread should go well.
I cannot fault him for that. As I went through every rider Marv was the only guy that I didn't have a question mark after their name. I was ready to bet money that he would finally get a big bike championship, so I don't know squat about dirt bike racing. lol
kb228
7/26/2021 3:56pm
Only listen to ryno about technique
7/26/2021 8:41pm
soggy wrote:

McG194 wrote:
Every product develops and evolves..
that’s a fucking leap to think they are changing their design because of ryno..
Bman_145
7/26/2021 9:03pm
If you read up on the new product, it's not a replacement of their current Air brace, it's an alternative.

From their site "Not a neck brace. Unlike traditional full-frame braces, the Vision is what we like to call an "Anti-Compression Collar" - a brand new category of neck protection developed by Atlas that can ONLY assist with compression, and lateral hyper flexion (head sideways) forces on the neck. Traditional full-frame braces, like the Atlas Air, help manage these forces along with Hyper-Flexion (head forward) and Hyper-Extension (head back) using their built up front and rear "shelves"."
Bruce372
7/26/2021 9:13pm
Dude banged his head too many times, woke up in hospital and now thinks he's a doctor
bents
Fantasy
694th
7/26/2021 10:08pm
Lets see, listening to Ryno or a medical Dr (Leatt) who is actually trained and continues to research and improve his product line. I'll take Dr. Leatt for 200.00 Alex.
McG194
7/27/2021 5:01am
soggy wrote:

McG194 wrote:
Every product develops and evolves..
that’s a fucking leap to think they are changing their design because of ryno..
I'm sure it's not because of Ryno but it's more than a coincidence that the biggest complaint that Ryno has had has been addressed with this brace.

Dr. Leatt may be a fine doctor and understand the human body but a guy who was a top level racer knows the position a body needs to be in to safely ride.

Ryno's dislike of braces stems from a desire for crash avoidance, the neck brace is about crash mitigation.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/27/2021 6:03am
McG194 wrote:
He doesn’t back up his claims with science it’s all anecdotal. Dr. Leatt offered an all expense paid trip to there facility to learn and see what they are doing and he didn’t take it.

I’ma huge ryno fan too, and agree with alot of what he says. Just think he got a little over his skis in the brace debate.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/27/2021 6:07am
McG194 wrote:
I'm sure it's not because of Ryno but it's more than a coincidence that the biggest complaint that Ryno has had has been addressed with this...
I'm sure it's not because of Ryno but it's more than a coincidence that the biggest complaint that Ryno has had has been addressed with this brace.

Dr. Leatt may be a fine doctor and understand the human body but a guy who was a top level racer knows the position a body needs to be in to safely ride.

Ryno's dislike of braces stems from a desire for crash avoidance, the neck brace is about crash mitigation.
First of all the new product you are talking about isn’t a brace and they aren’t claiming it to be one.

2nd to claim dr leatt can’t understand body positioning is laughable.
resetjet
7/27/2021 6:10am
Tell that to rv. He always wore one and didnt seem to have a problem winning just about everything.
Johnny Depp
7/27/2021 6:54am
Broken femurs and collarbones have accelerated during the brace era. Manufacturer's have business interest's to protect. Ryno has no financial interests and can speak freely.
CKNY
7/27/2021 6:58am
Broken femurs and collarbones have accelerated during the brace era. Manufacturer's have business interest's to protect. Ryno has no financial interests and can speak freely.
Show me the data to back up that claim.
McG194
7/27/2021 7:06am
McG194 wrote:
I'm sure it's not because of Ryno but it's more than a coincidence that the biggest complaint that Ryno has had has been addressed with this...

soggy wrote:
First of all the new product you are talking about isn’t a brace and they aren’t claiming it to be one. 2nd to claim dr leatt...
First of all the new product you are talking about isn’t a brace and they aren’t claiming it to be one.

2nd to claim dr leatt can’t understand body positioning is laughable.
They may not claim that it's a brace but it is under the brace tab and it is listed as "Atlas Vision MX Neck Brace."

Yes, I am claiming that Dr. Leatt knows less about proper body positioning racing MX than Ryno does.
McG194
7/27/2021 7:09am
CKNY wrote:
Show me the data to back up that claim.
Why can't you just use logic?

Force absolutely has to go somewhere. In a car they have sacrificial crumple zones to redirect force. On a motorcycle we are the crumple zone. If we are rigid from the feet to above the knee where is that force going to go? Either in the femur or the hip.
cmotodad
7/27/2021 8:22am
Another thought about broken bones could be the bikes are faster and easier to go fast on. With less technique and faster speeds, more crashes occur. More crashes at speed result in more serious injury. JMO
seth419
7/27/2021 8:42am
I can give my recent neck brace experience. I had a big get off in the roller section at LACR in early April. I was wearing the Alpinestars BNS neck brace and 6D ATR-2 helmet. I high sided and the handlebars caught me right by my nuts and ripped my pants, sending me cartwheeling through the air and the first impact was the top right side of my helmet.

I ended up fracturing the back part of my C-1 vertebrae. It luckily did not affect my spinal cord and I did not lose any feeling, just thought I had gotten really bad whiplash.

When my insurance finally approved the CT scan 3 weeks later I found out about the fracture and was told not to do anything where I could fall and injure further for 3 months. I brought my helmet and brace into my doctor 2 weeks ago for the checkup so she could give me her thoughts on the injury because at this point I wasn't sure if the brace had helped or caused the fracture.

After I put it on and went through the motions with her she said without a doubt that the neck brace saved me from further injury by limiting my neck movement in the amount that it did. She was surprised at how much range of motion I still had while wearing the neck brace and wanted me to limit my movement further if I could.

For the record I am 6'4 200lbs and don't notice the neck brace when I am riding and have never thought it hindered my movement on the bike. I am also trying to get a hold of any of these neck brace companies to provide my info and CT scans to help with any neck brace research, so shoot me some contact info if you guys have any connections.

soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/27/2021 9:28am
McG194 wrote:
They may not claim that it's a brace but it is under the brace tab and it is listed as "Atlas Vision MX Neck Brace." Yes...
They may not claim that it's a brace but it is under the brace tab and it is listed as "Atlas Vision MX Neck Brace."

Yes, I am claiming that Dr. Leatt knows less about proper body positioning racing MX than Ryno does.
Body positioning is nearly the same across a shit load of activities. People thinking moto is such a unique athletic sport as far as body positioning goes is off base. Body position for me skiing is nearly the same as moto.
McG194
7/27/2021 9:41am
I'm honestly a little disappointed that no-one has given me the business about my thread title. I guess my joke was too subtle.......................Or maybe not funny. Woohoo

Post a reply to: Ryno has no idea what he is talking about................. ****Clickbait Title****

The Latest