Ryno down

stvh
1/30/2019 7:39pm
psg119 wrote:
Was it the “VP Leap” they had there? That thing was huge
avidchimp wrote:
I snapped my right humerous of that jump in May of '99 when some asshole cut the track at the base of the landing and I...
I snapped my right humerous of that jump in May of '99 when some asshole cut the track at the base of the landing and I was already in the air.

EMT asked me if I had ever broken my collarbone before, and I said yeah, twice. When he saw that my right arm was about 6 inches longer than my left, he said "yep, not a collarbone."

No pain meds till after I met with the ER crew. No pain meds after either.
mxracer71 wrote:
wow the vp leap....i remember that jump. take the corner wide on my 98 cr125 and keep it pinned. fun jump for sure
The VP Leap was different than what Slip did himself in on. I used to jump VP on my dad's bone stock KLX 650. The thud it would make even when downsiding the landing could be heard all the way over in Elsinore.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/30/2019 7:49pm
ML512 wrote:
Surprised they airlifted him from Cahuilla. I got hurt way worse than that at Cahuilla and got a ambulance out. Also, no pain meds :laugh: Get...
Surprised they airlifted him from Cahuilla. I got hurt way worse than that at Cahuilla and got a ambulance out. Also, no pain meds Laughing Get well soon Ryno!
TymeMoto wrote:
HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME!
HI!!! I just wanted a ride in a helicopter, okay! Laughing
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
1/30/2019 7:55pm
I had a scalpel stuck in my chest and wiggled back and forth to get between my ribs and then a hose stuck through into my lung without meds, you could hear me throughout the whole hospital.
bd
1/30/2019 8:13pm
Get well and stay on the gas Ryno.

The Shop

tempura
1/30/2019 8:16pm
bd wrote:
Get well and stay on the gas Ryno.
He’s probably already been on the “gas” throughout surgery
Dr.201
1/30/2019 8:28pm
What is the purpose of refusing painkillers? To show what a tough guy you are?
Depends on your history with them and if you have a predisposition for addiction. If not then have at it, but they do make you feel awful at times. I’m on them now for my humeral head fracture and rotator cuff tear and can’t wait till I’m off them completely...
gnarwhip
1/30/2019 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 8:57pm
I’ve taken them numerous time for my surgeries. As long as you understand how they work it’s no big deal; since the opiates produce endorphins and dopamine, your brain doesn’t need to produce them anymore. When you stop taking the pills, your brain still isn’t producing endorphins on its own, so you’ll feel depressed for a few days. The good news is your brain will kick in again and start producing endorphins and you’ll feel normal again. (For the youngins who don’t know). But hey if you don’t like em, don’t take em. Heal up Ryno
captmoto
1/30/2019 10:01pm
NvHermit wrote:
I had a scalpel stuck in my chest and wiggled back and forth to get between my ribs and then a hose stuck through into my...
I had a scalpel stuck in my chest and wiggled back and forth to get between my ribs and then a hose stuck through into my lung without meds, you could hear me throughout the whole hospital.
I have seen that done several times and when that hose punches through the plural lining I always get creeped out at the sound. You weren't the first and won't be the last to scream like that.
captmoto
1/30/2019 10:07pm
ML512 wrote:
That’s where I had my compound tibia, talus/ankle and a shattered humerus and should socket fixed at from a wreck at Cahuilla. They dropped me off...
That’s where I had my compound tibia, talus/ankle and a shattered humerus and should socket fixed at from a wreck at Cahuilla. They dropped me off a x-ray table at one point...
Have heard horror stories out of Riverside County hospital in general, from people that work there and people that were patients there.
I will sign AMA and have my wife drive me to Loma Linda.
tcallahan707
1/30/2019 10:25pm
First off, Ryno is a badass and this is proof in the power of the mind. The guy is on the right path and we’d all be better off if we implemented even just one thing that he teaches. Much respect.

Another thing to keep in mind is when you pull traction on a femur, it typically relieves a significant amount of pissed off nerves.

Heal up Ryno! Your journey is inspiring!
1/30/2019 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 10:44pm
Back in 2003 at Southwick he broke his leg in the first moto finished it and then had his crew tape it up for the second.

It’s possible the emts were concerned about his bp and refused. But who knows, he’s tough as nails
PJRAUS
1/30/2019 11:18pm
gt80rider wrote:
Others may/will have different answers, but for me it would be to stay away from a possible pain pill addiction.... you can't get addicted if you...
Others may/will have different answers, but for me it would be to stay away from a possible pain pill addiction.... you can't get addicted if you never start....
Thats probably it, back in 1988 I broke my right leg right above the ankle pretty bad , tib and fib completely broken but not compounded. Was in the hospital for 2 weeks before they operated on it an it hurt a fair bit so they would give me a pethedine shot so I could sleep, after they plated it it REALLY started to hurt so they were giving me about 3 pethedine shots a day.
So after 3 weeks on pethedine I was addicted to the shit and full on hallucinating and everything.
It was a very bad experience, if I had to go through the same thing again ,I think I'd pass on the opiate based pain killers too..
psg119
1/31/2019 9:30am
avidchimp wrote:
I snapped my right humerous of that jump in May of '99 when some asshole cut the track at the base of the landing and I...
I snapped my right humerous of that jump in May of '99 when some asshole cut the track at the base of the landing and I was already in the air.

EMT asked me if I had ever broken my collarbone before, and I said yeah, twice. When he saw that my right arm was about 6 inches longer than my left, he said "yep, not a collarbone."

No pain meds till after I met with the ER crew. No pain meds after either.
mxracer71 wrote:
wow the vp leap....i remember that jump. take the corner wide on my 98 cr125 and keep it pinned. fun jump for sure
stvh wrote:
The VP Leap was different than what Slip did himself in on. I used to jump VP on my dad's bone stock KLX 650. The thud...
The VP Leap was different than what Slip did himself in on. I used to jump VP on my dad's bone stock KLX 650. The thud it would make even when downsiding the landing could be heard all the way over in Elsinore.
Damn! thats a rough way to snap an arm! I'm sure you were one of many injuries that that jump racked up!

mxracer71 Forever going to be the iconic jump at Perris that I never hit unfortunately. Thats nuts you hit it on the KLX stvh. I was still on 50s maybe 60s for the time that jump was around and I never nutted up to hit it. I remember watching people hit it with fascination though. Even other kids on 50s and 60s! haha. Probably the likes of the Alessi brothers and other future pros (that's what I tell myself anyways). I didn't have the cajones then that I did some years down the road for some reason. Late bloomer I guess.

Post a reply to: Ryno down

The Latest