Ryno and other trainers, are you teaching etiquette?

Frodad78
7/25/2016 4:06pm
This is sweet we've gone from 2 strokes vs 4 strokes to Punks vs. Old dudes on Vital. I think we are making progress boys. haha
plowboy
7/25/2016 4:55pm
I've been lapped/passed by the Hahn brothers...gave them a good access to the racing line...had no problem. Guy Cooper was a little more onery but not in take out mode. Those wanna be punks are the ones that don't care if you give way or not....they just want to stuff someone.
(((what)))
7/25/2016 6:57pm
slipdog wrote:
I cleaned out two guys yesterday at Hangtown. Both young punks trying to race me when I was passing them around the outside so I leaned...
I cleaned out two guys yesterday at Hangtown. Both young punks trying to race me when I was passing them around the outside so I leaned in with my shoulder and chopped to the inside and knocked them on their ass.

I'm 43 and ain't got no time fo dat shit!
EnvyMedia wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/07/25/144668/s1200_32d1e11e6f9ab3e5d95c8f700f978614771f18a9eb4a6154ed79910dd20e11c0.jpg[/img]

He made the main the night the fucking lights went out in Vegas. He's a bad ass.

The Shop

tuggy450
7/25/2016 7:25pm
So it is not ok to practice block passing on vet riders?
7/26/2016 10:57am
Tuggy, you should put your block pass on Slipdog to win practice and then let me know how it works out for you? Bro!
davistld01
7/26/2016 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2016 12:33pm
I would have punted the kid over the next berm...but that's just me.
sandman768
7/26/2016 4:18pm
Our local practice track does not have a separate session for vets & Sr riders, it comes down to your speed more than your age. I can still run with most of the kids or at least keep them in sight, there are some really fast young guys that i cannot keep pace with but I just hold my line & let them make the pass. A few of the riders have came pretty close to me making the pass but I"ve never been blown off the track or slammed into, if that happened I would have a talk with them, just to explain how senseless incurring an injury in that scenario would be. I try to learn from the fast young guns and they would be wise to do the same. I can"t do much about my diminishing sprint speed, but I can still keep my pace for well over 20 minutes. A smart rider would study his opponent & within a lap or 2 make a clean safe pass. Now, my vet & Sr riding buds, we block pass each other all the time!
MotoGuido
7/26/2016 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2016 11:00pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
All the time, that and riders running you off the track when one is passing on the outside. For goodness sakes if you are getting passed...
All the time, that and riders running you off the track when one is passing on the outside. For goodness sakes if you are getting passed on the outside, the passer is doing you a favor by passing you safe. They could just pass aggressively on the inside, so let them go. 50+ class riders are the worst
THIS! This is what I get. Guys go inside so you rail the outside and they purposely ride straight across the damn track to block you.

So you slam on the brakes. Then they hammer down the straight with their 450 so you can't get around them on a 250 2T, and this is where it gets really good.. they slam on the breaks and don't do a damn jump!

So you're asking yourself, do I trust this kook enough to jump past him?!

The answer is usually NO!

So you end up losing a little patience. Still behind the guy.

Next corner he goes inside, are you going outside again to let him pull the same bullshit? NO.

So you go even further inside and take him wide or give him a little bump.

This is usually where he starts tripping out and screaming at you. He feels totally violated while eating a face full of roost.

I really don't get it, when I'm on the pro track at Pala I make room for the A guys or the celebrities lol. Pace the guy but I don't get all the wide bike ego bullshit during practice.

Is that some Uncle Rico crap or what!?

Go enter a damn race for god's sake.
tuggy450
7/27/2016 3:53am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 12:02pm
Tuggy, you should put your block pass on Slipdog to win practice and then let me know how it works out for you? Bro!
Yeah, I am a vet so I doubt me an slipdog are going to be practicing block passing, It would take me a month to get up from a good block pass, and that would be with help. Seriously though maybe the track officials should just let it be known that practice is just that not a place for aggressive passing. oh that's brofessor to you

Post a reply to: Ryno and other trainers, are you teaching etiquette?

The Latest