Ryno Power vs Hammer Nutrition

harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
5/16/2017 6:57pm
As a former RynoPower sponsored rider, I can tell you i've used most of his products. The electrolyte pills are pretty much standard fare, the recovery and motivation capsules didn't seem to have much effect. I never tried the hydration fuel, but I've used both the carbo fuel and the swiss chocolate protein powder. The protein powder is one of the best tasting out there, and the carbo fuel was pretty neutral. All his product is pretty clean, and I never had a problem with grittyness or anything like that, or keeping it down.
9/6/2017 7:30am
As a 43 year old father of three, I decided to through my hat in the ring and give MX racing a try this year. My Two boys have been racing for a few years and in have been on and around two wheels since about age 5. I've been lead a rather sedated life the past few years, but do not consider myself out of shape by any means. I'm an average C rider. After starting the season I noticed midway through Saturday practice I was struggling for energy. On Sunday race day by the second lap of the second moto I was spent. I couldn't seem to find a way to work past it so I sought out some help. After a FCA camp for my youngest boy we were given some samples of Hammer Nutrition. My son wasn't interested so I used them and was amazed at the difference. Heed and Hammer Gel became my "fix" for race weekends. Both products really help keep me focused and give me the extra little bit I was lacking at the end of the motos.

This past weekend I ran out of Hammer and was nervous about how things were going to go down. My wife found Ryno Power products at the track side support truck so she bought Carb Fuel and Motivator for me to try. To be honest, neither seemed to do anything for me at all. I've heard good things about Ryno Power and I followed the direction on when and how much to take. Anyone else experience this? Any other old guys having energy problems on race day?

For now I'll stick with Hammer Nutrition, but I'm curious what others do?
Monk
9/6/2017 7:51am
OP, what your reason? Nutritional goals? Diet? Etc... Supplements are great but there is no "one fits all" when it comes to nutrition... Every person has different demands and needs. A simple multi-vitamin offered by Onnit or Nootrobox can offer some really large benefits...

The Shop

Monk
9/6/2017 7:54am
As a 43 year old father of three, I decided to through my hat in the ring and give MX racing a try this year. My...
As a 43 year old father of three, I decided to through my hat in the ring and give MX racing a try this year. My Two boys have been racing for a few years and in have been on and around two wheels since about age 5. I've been lead a rather sedated life the past few years, but do not consider myself out of shape by any means. I'm an average C rider. After starting the season I noticed midway through Saturday practice I was struggling for energy. On Sunday race day by the second lap of the second moto I was spent. I couldn't seem to find a way to work past it so I sought out some help. After a FCA camp for my youngest boy we were given some samples of Hammer Nutrition. My son wasn't interested so I used them and was amazed at the difference. Heed and Hammer Gel became my "fix" for race weekends. Both products really help keep me focused and give me the extra little bit I was lacking at the end of the motos.

This past weekend I ran out of Hammer and was nervous about how things were going to go down. My wife found Ryno Power products at the track side support truck so she bought Carb Fuel and Motivator for me to try. To be honest, neither seemed to do anything for me at all. I've heard good things about Ryno Power and I followed the direction on when and how much to take. Anyone else experience this? Any other old guys having energy problems on race day?

If you're having energy problems, your diet needs to get in check long before race day...
Francis377
9/6/2017 8:07am
Anyone have the actual facts of where these guys source their stuff ? Might be the same thing with a different sticker on it ( see also KTM vs Husky)

How do these sponsorships work ? Do you actually get paid? Do you get free product? Or just a discount and a cheap t shirt ?
kkawboy14
9/6/2017 8:10am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 8:10am
Try them both, 30 days each.

For me I can actually feel about half way thru a long moto the Hammer kick in.
9/6/2017 8:12am
As a 43 year old father of three, I decided to through my hat in the ring and give MX racing a try this year. My...

Monk wrote:
If you're having energy problems, your diet needs to get in check long before race day...
Agreed. But sometimes as we age, diet can only do so much...
Rockinar
9/6/2017 8:25am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 8:25am

Nice 1st post Mr Hammer spammer guy.
Monk
9/6/2017 8:25am

Monk wrote:
Agreed. But sometimes as we age, diet can only do so much...
I don't disagree. Where I'm coming from is something simple like not having enough water throughout the week can have major effect. For me, caffeine is what affects me the most on race day. A half cup of coffee can really mess with my digestion on race day. I supplement but it's been a lot of trial and error...
byke
9/6/2017 9:10am
With products like these, I'd start by looking at the education of those involved. Are these just people who want to make money with a business, or do they have a doctorate and have been committing their life to the field? A quick google search shows zero pertinent education from anyone at Ryno and it looks like the Hammer founder partnered with his dad, who was a doctor, but I can't find what his focus was. The Hammer dude's bio talks about building forts and playing freeze-tag, so I'm thinking he's pretty much a looney. I'd look for other companies.
Csb146
9/6/2017 9:20am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 9:26am
Mr. Ted wrote:
I hope this doesn't turn into just a favorite brand kind of thing, but looking for some actual pros/cons of each or is it really just...
I hope this doesn't turn into just a favorite brand kind of thing, but looking for some actual pros/cons of each or is it really just preference?
Long time cyclist and moto guy. I haven't used hammer. I have used Ryno power stuff and since then I've switch to CarboPro stuff. I don't have any hard facts, but just looking at ingredients, packaging and the fact CarboPro has been around for a lot longer I'm nearly certain Ryno Power is actually re branded CarboPro stuff and CarboPro is cheaper. With all that being said I like the Carbopro stuff, does it make a big difference no, but it doesn't hurt.
9/6/2017 9:30am

The NUMBER 1 THING I HAVE TO SAY IS SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE SPORT. You see Ryno power ads all over and they are at most am and pro races.

Acidreamer
9/6/2017 9:34am
Adjust your diet so you dont need supplements. Its cheaper and you get better results. Speaking from personal experience.
Brent
9/6/2017 9:57am
I like Ryan Hughes, and it's great his company is doing well. What I really want to know is how is, and if, his products are any different than what you can buy at any other health food store?

To my knowledge, Ryan does not have any advanced degrees in sports nutrition and is not a registered dietician, so where does the science behind his product come from? Does he have medical professionals on his staff that come up with his products? Im not clear on where his science that goes into his products is coming from.

I've been to Rynopower.com and I can't seem to find any statistical information, just generalities and endorsments. Maybe Ryan can put some more educational or instructional nutrititional information on his site in the future.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or criticize, but you really can't judge the effectiveness of any product based on testimonials.

Jake_CR250R
9/6/2017 10:24am
I've tried ryno power and it upset my stomach every time, not terribly, but it did. I'm sticking with 1st phorm
JustMX
9/6/2017 1:07pm
Bro, I do Ryno. Yesterday I pulled a 27 foot maple tree up by the roots.
Pfffft.....

Maple trees are for pussies

I have had the best luck with taco bell. Helped me really bulk up...... maybe a bit too much....
Evoracer
9/6/2017 1:22pm
I mtb a lot, and have been using Tailwind naked flavor. No adverse effects, no stomach problems, only a bit of a lingering citrus aftertaste, which I wash down with a swig of water. Can be tailored to fit your caloric needs. I use it in lieu of gels, goo's, or solid foods for 2-6hr+ rides.
endurox
9/6/2017 2:11pm
Hammer Heed is good stuff for long training rides. Their anti fatigue capsules also help with my 57 year old legs. Hammer puts money into our sport. We should support them and other sponsors.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
9/6/2017 5:42pm
I haven't used Ryno products, have used a lot of Hammer and a lot of others. Hammer makes the widest variety of products IMO. HEED is their electrolyte/energy drink that is comparable to the common products in the market.
For me it's been ok. It doesn't stand out as being exceptional but also hasn't given me any problems. Perpetuem is particularly unique given that it has protein in it, and is designed for endurance events (multi hour, not 20 minute motos). That stuff is like diesel and will just keep you going. That said, other than as a meal replacement, not sure how it would be all that useful in mx. I could see it being useful in something like hare scrambles. For whatever reason, but I suspect is related to the protein content, Perpetuem just doesn't work for everyone. Luckily it has for me, and I use it for bicycle events from 2 to 12+ hours. Hammer gel is ok if you're into gels. I could see popping one before a moto being helpful. I've done that for short events like cyclocross too.

Tailwind markets their product as being a replacement for all other drinks. I didn't find that to be the case. I thought it worked ok at being as good as or better than HEED, but it isn't long lasting enough to replace perpetuem.

BTW, there are endless threads on this stuff on bike and triathlon sites.

ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/6/2017 5:51pm

Rockinar wrote:
Surprisingly, no.
Tim507
9/6/2017 6:31pm
At 65 I use Heed and the Gel. Works well for me at the races. I have a reasonably clean diet that I pay attention to keeping it that way.
tempura
9/6/2017 6:47pm
These are not "health products". Most of the proteins on the market are full of shit, with artificial sweeteners and flavours. Whey protein is gives you gas and blocks you up with mucus, it's shit...
Eat clean is the answer. Very unlikely anyone here needs more calories (Aminos, carbs, fats) than they can get through good foods.
If you must supplement proteins, get clean stuff like this, which you can actually digest..

http://puradyme.com/shop/raw-liyf-protein

https://puradyme.com/shop/liyf-essentials
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/6/2017 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 7:49pm

Rockinar wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Surprisingly, no.
Still not buying it. It is very similar in structure to the scripted post (see below) used for another guerrilla marketing campaign in 4armstrong. This poster registered with a Florida IP but was from Carlsbad with ties to the actual owner of the 4armstrong patent holder, Michael Catania, in Carlsbad, CA. The misdirection of the IP address registration is standard procedure, along with templates to use that can be customized enough for whatever market they are peddling in (some are better than others in customizing the message part), same day registerees (or very close),legitimate sounding e mail names, another ringer will also join in (as a new user) to defend the cause in an attempt to establish legitimacy, and most importantly engaging questions to further the promotion. The engaging questions are an old used car sales ploy to make a potential buyer feel like it is their idea to buy, through perceived self empowerment. This happens in great frequency in the body building forums. People troll keyword searches all day and pop into new forums to start the process over and over.

The Rand McNally post seems to fit nicely with the above actions. Seems more than coincidental to me. See if the following post feels the same way (and btw, the poster from below busted out the engaging question in his next post):

SlS257
9/6/2017 7:56pm
Ryno Power Gladiator is the shit. Best pre workout I've found for the gym.
nolookpass
9/7/2017 12:02am
Haven't used a supplement in 5+ years.. natural food is the way to go. I do drink and bring pedilyte to the track and down that in between motos when it's 85+ out here in SoCal. The ratio of sugar/salt is supposed to be ideal for absorption (more so than Gatorade). Supplements can't make up for a bad diet during the week, and they are very expensive over time. You are better off getting a meal delivery service or buying chicken, veggies, and nuts to snack on.

I also don't think that you NEED 1g of protein per body weight. I think that was a myth created to sell protein powders. Go by how your body feels though -- if you are hungry eat, but reach for clean proteins and carbs. Your body will tell you what it needs.

I started to feel way better when I made a point to include a green veggie with every meal and I found myself not craving sweets as much over time. My blood sugar was much more stable.
tempura
9/7/2017 1:21am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 1:22am
People that eat a big bowl of cooked vegetables everyday are healthier than people that don't.
The next step up is going raw with them.
Highly Processed foods are simply junk, they barely contain any of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes we need. Dead food...put dead food in, don't expect good health and longevity.

Post a reply to: Ryno Power vs Hammer Nutrition

The Latest