Ryno - 2013......Transworld Shadow

MOTO120
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 4:41pm
Just watched the shadow of Ryan Hughes on Transworld and found the last couple seconds of it interesting.........he said we might see him out there again next when he is 40 and on a different bike. My question is why he would already be talking of a different bike for '13.......CRF, RMZ??????? Not looking to start a Ryan Hughes bashing thread......I think the dude awesome.......I mean seriously, qualifying inside the top 20 at 39 years old. Thoughts?

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000130155/news/transworld-shadow-ryan-…
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/23/2012 9:42am
I thought that was pretty shitty after his public cry for support that Rock River stepped up and he rewarded them by saying maybe he will give it another shot . . . but on a different bike. Class, some have it, some don't.
ridge
5/23/2012 9:56am
GrapeApe wrote:
I thought that was pretty shitty after his public cry for support that Rock River stepped up and he rewarded them by saying maybe he will...
I thought that was pretty shitty after his public cry for support that Rock River stepped up and he rewarded them by saying maybe he will give it another shot . . . but on a different bike. Class, some have it, some don't.
Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis. Lol.

I thought he showed some class with what he tried to do for McGrath's wife... Actually, I liked what he had to say throughout the whole thing. Is he perfect? No, but he's just a motorcycle racer.
stillwelding
5/23/2012 9:59am
MOTO120 wrote:
Just watched the shadow of Ryan Hughes on Transworld and found the last couple seconds of it interesting.........he said we might see him out there again...
Just watched the shadow of Ryan Hughes on Transworld and found the last couple seconds of it interesting.........he said we might see him out there again next when he is 40 and on a different bike. My question is why he would already be talking of a different bike for '13.......CRF, RMZ??????? Not looking to start a Ryan Hughes bashing thread......I think the dude awesome.......I mean seriously, qualifying inside the top 20 at 39 years old. Thoughts?

I think this is the Transworld shadow

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/23/2012 10:01am
GrapeApe wrote:
I thought that was pretty shitty after his public cry for support that Rock River stepped up and he rewarded them by saying maybe he will...
ridge wrote:
Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis. Lol. I thought he showed some class with what he tried to do for McGrath's wife...
Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis. Lol.

I thought he showed some class with what he tried to do for McGrath's wife... Actually, I liked what he had to say throughout the whole thing. Is he perfect? No, but he's just a motorcycle racer.
"Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis." Laughing

I think like in many cases, to those close to him he is a good guy but from the outside looking in he is an egotistical ass. Whatever side of that coin you fall on will determine how you view the shadow piece. I'm obviously on the outside looking in.

The Shop

5/23/2012 10:14am
He's filling in for RV on the monster energy kawi team for the rest of the season.
sfairbro
5/23/2012 10:20am
I love his mechanic. Absolutely loved the shirt he was wearing.

Hopefully they BOTH come back again.....
fader418
5/23/2012 10:25am
He's filling in for RV on the monster energy kawi team for the rest of the season.
thought Ferry was?
ridge
5/23/2012 10:31am
GrapeApe wrote:
[i]"Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis.[/i]" :laugh: I think like in many cases, to those close to him he is a good...

I think like in many cases, to those close to him he is a good guy but from the outside looking in he is an egotistical ass. Whatever side of that coin you fall on will determine how you view the shadow piece. I'm obviously on the outside looking in.
Yeah, you're right. I've always rooted for him, mostly because I appreciate his desire to win so much (eventhough he didn't win *that* much.)

He comes off bad sometimes because of that desire (I think.) I see a lot of that desire in MA800 as well, but the difference is we'll never see Ryno trying to find the killbutton on his rivals' bikes. But I think that's why he fights and says some of the things he says.

I've known him since the early 90's but never fit into the clique (sp?) of him, MC, Lawrence, Buddy, etc. They were all friendly but I just didn't fit in.
TannerMxer
5/23/2012 11:12am
I definately thought it was funny that he said he would be back next year on a different bike. He also said he didn't know how or why he went down because he didn't know what the bike did.

That bike is so polarizing.
DPW
5/23/2012 11:17am
Matthes needs to get him on the next pulpmx show
downandup
5/23/2012 11:27am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2012 11:28am
GrapeApe wrote:
^ This ^

Ryno just doesn't know when it's time to shut his trap.

Shit loads of people were paying attention to him because of how old he is (although Dowd is older and has ALOT more class) and all he had to do was keep it together for a few days. Then he throws Rock River, and Yamaha who have been behind him even when he got into that ridiculous fight at Mammoth, under a semi!
5/23/2012 2:01pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Just watched the shadow of Ryan Hughes on Transworld and found the last couple seconds of it interesting.........he said we might see him out there again...

He is already under contract with GYTR so Rock River didn't really step up and pull a bike out of the crate for him or anything. He got all of Kevin Walkers bikes last year after that Embarrasment and I am sure he got that contract for this year.
slipdog
5/23/2012 2:59pm
GrapeApe wrote:
[i]"Maybe he was promised the team would be riding Suzukis.[/i]" :laugh: I think like in many cases, to those close to him he is a good...

ridge wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I've always rooted for him, mostly because I appreciate his desire to win so much (eventhough he didn't win *that* much.) He comes...
Yeah, you're right. I've always rooted for him, mostly because I appreciate his desire to win so much (eventhough he didn't win *that* much.)

He comes off bad sometimes because of that desire (I think.) I see a lot of that desire in MA800 as well, but the difference is we'll never see Ryno trying to find the killbutton on his rivals' bikes. But I think that's why he fights and says some of the things he says.

I've known him since the early 90's but never fit into the clique (sp?) of him, MC, Lawrence, Buddy, etc. They were all friendly but I just didn't fit in.
It was because those guys didn't like to ride motos with no shirt on...

Yea, I went there!
ridge
5/23/2012 3:37pm
slipdog wrote:
It was because those guys didn't like to ride motos with no shirt on...

Yea, I went there!
Lol...thanks Slip! I had a nice tan though.
Rizzo
5/23/2012 4:39pm
He didn't complain about the bike after practice/quali did he? The 1st moto, 1st turn, he loses the rear end and stands the bike up and then gets steamrolled by 30 dudes behind him, how is that "the bike?" Watch the start a few times.

Seems like he has a lot of outs he could use, the rear tire lost traction, the footpeg sucked, he couldn't weight the outside, the boots didn't hold the outside footpeg, the rice hulls, the water truck...... Next year, he'll be back with a new bike, with new tires, with new pegs and new boots and brown rice, then ITS ON.

Cmon, he'd get more respect for shooting straight and saying he botched the first turn and it was downhill from there which was pretty much the case, he got blasted pretty good on the start, chalk it up to "shit happens", not Yamaha happens.
2thefront
5/23/2012 4:41pm
for a guy that's supposedly under contract, he trashed talked the bike pretty hard.

Post a reply to: Ryno - 2013......Transworld Shadow

The Latest