Ryder D switching to off road?

LungButter
Just kidding...

But it is cool to see these up and coming kids try something else for training and to up their skills. Hymas did a WORCS race a few weeks back as well.

Side note: Brandy Richards is FAST she has been beating some seriously fast dudes all year, good for her!

|
Xeno
4/19/2021 11:53am
He's from Bakersfield, right? If so, Taft is a local race. A 2-hour non-stop local race lol.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
4/19/2021 3:15pm
WORCS is a cross between MX and fast paced wide open trails.
LungButter
4/19/2021 4:04pm
agn5008 wrote:
You don't say....

Out here on the Best coast sometimes that's all we got to race on. Sorry it can't always be blown out wide open quad trails like the GNCCs that I'm sure you consider far superior. Tongue

The Shop

4/19/2021 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 4:47pm
Looks like he's growing now, good stuff.

This kid is an absolute natural on a bike, I can't wait to see him and deegan battle.
ProKawi24
4/19/2021 4:59pm
Looks like he's growing now, good stuff.

This kid is an absolute natural on a bike, I can't wait to see him and deegan battle.
They'll race when it's time.
bh
4/19/2021 5:46pm
Its really cool to see these kids race something different. There is a fast kid Best who I see at a gncc every now and again. I think seeing these kids have to go race off-road to get any type of real race conditioning/experience on a rough course really shows how dead local moto is and how pointless it is in terms of building race craft and getting seat time.

Matter of fact this is getting me fired up about local racing. Might go start a thread.
BobPA
4/19/2021 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 5:53pm
agn5008 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
You don't say.... Out here on the Best coast sometimes that's all we got to race on. Sorry it can't always be blown out wide open...
You don't say....

Out here on the Best coast sometimes that's all we got to race on. Sorry it can't always be blown out wide open quad trails like the GNCCs that I'm sure you consider far superior. Tongue
Come race some ECEA,WYNOA, or local PA/NY harscrambles...quite a bit different than the open trail GNCC stuff. Hope you like rocks, ruts, and roots haha
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
4/19/2021 5:59pm
We still need to race him when it’s time. Poor weege!
LungButter
4/19/2021 6:03pm
BobPA wrote:
Come race some ECEA,WYNOA, or local PA/NY harscrambles...quite a bit different than the open trail GNCC stuff. Hope you like rocks, ruts, and roots haha
Hell yeah I do! We actually have a ton of that terrain in the Pacific Northwest but none of the big West Coast off road series really come up here much.

I think there is a West Hare Scramble at Hannegan Speedway this year, it's typically tight trails.

WORCS also races by Olympia WA from time to time, its in the tighter trees, more comparable to a GNCC than anything super tight though.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
4/19/2021 6:24pm
agn5008 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
You don't say.... Out here on the Best coast sometimes that's all we got to race on. Sorry it can't always be blown out wide open...
You don't say....

Well, the GNCC series is certainly more off-road than WORCS. And I’m willing to bet it generates far more money, more factory riders, more overall racers, more exposure etc. I was simply pointing out that a WORCS race isn’t too far off MX type terrain. One thing I can guarantee you is the GNCC series absolutely does have better off-road riders. Anyways, there are series over here which have tight and more technical terrain. AWRCS, WYNOA, ECEA are all technical terrain.

I don’t know why people have to get offended when someone here states a fact.
CG118
4/19/2021 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 6:45pm
East and West coasts have both produced amazing talents. If you can ride a dirt bike fast, you can learn to be fast anywhere. Years ago, Ty Davis came here and gave Randy Hawkins fits in the the tight woods. My god, he probably never saw a tree until he got here to the east coast.
Motoxdoc
4/19/2021 7:29pm
Sooo...He beat a girl in his backyard?Dry
fins227
4/19/2021 7:35pm
Tomac did some worcs racing a while ago. Damn Brandy is fast!
Harv379
Fantasy
2029th
4/19/2021 8:03pm
That is a fun race, I've never had more fun than racing worcs. Cool to see
LungButter
4/19/2021 8:08pm
agn5008 wrote:
Well, the GNCC series is certainly more off-road than WORCS. And I’m willing to bet it generates far more money, more factory riders, more overall racers...
Well, the GNCC series is certainly more off-road than WORCS. And I’m willing to bet it generates far more money, more factory riders, more overall racers, more exposure etc. I was simply pointing out that a WORCS race isn’t too far off MX type terrain. One thing I can guarantee you is the GNCC series absolutely does have better off-road riders. Anyways, there are series over here which have tight and more technical terrain. AWRCS, WYNOA, ECEA are all technical terrain.

I don’t know why people have to get offended when someone here states a fact.
I just didn’t really know what the point was of pointing it out?

Nobody is claiming WORCS is the most technical series around by any means but it’s certainly off-road. They have some of the roughest courses in the country.

As far as talent. I’d put Taylor Robert up there with any American in any series. He’s probably the most well rounded rider in the country. He’s winning WORCS and holding his own in the extreme series. Oh yeah, don’t forget his Six Days accolades.

Both coasts have bad asses for sure. I love following them all. I damn near shed a tear seeing Ricky Russell get back on the box this weekend after what he went through last year. I love that kid, my 5 year old sleeps in his RR Jersey a couple times a week.

Didn’t mean to start a pissing match!
Stuntman949
4/20/2021 7:07am
I want to say Eli raced a couple WORCS during his Geico days. Little excerpt in "Moto 1" or "Moto2"?
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
4/20/2021 7:21am
agn5008 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
You don't say....

BobPA wrote:
Bob- you in east/central? We have an AHRMA cross country event in Locust Gap this saturday. They're fun to check out even if you're not racing just to see the cool iron. Check AHRMA Mid Atlantic Cross Country on FB.
LungButter
4/20/2021 7:38am
I want to say Eli raced a couple WORCS during his Geico days. Little excerpt in "Moto 1" or "Moto2"?
He did a few on 85s as well, we parked next to them at the Phoenix Round in 2007-08ish

Sometime around that same year Alessi (maybe '06?) showed up and won the Havasu round when he was on KTM. Brett Metcalfe was there that day as well on a YOT bike.

If WORCS coulda ran the Taft round between SX and the Nationals I bet they woulda had quite a few more moto guys show up.

Post a reply to: Ryder D switching to off road?

The Latest