Ryan Villopoto to Answer

randall27
|
10/19/2017 9:32am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 9:34am
Such a weird situation to me, I mean why would Parts Unlimited/Thor drop him? I'm just guessing that was the situation as I can't see him just leaving.. unless Answer opened up the cheque book.

But back in 2015 when the GP's were all about Cairoli vs Villopoto who would have thought they'd end up in the same gear brand later on lol.

The Shop

peelout
10/19/2017 9:42am
Such a weird situation to me, I mean why would Parts Unlimited/Thor drop him? I'm just guessing that was the situation as I can't see him...
Such a weird situation to me, I mean why would Parts Unlimited/Thor drop him? I'm just guessing that was the situation as I can't see him just leaving.. unless Answer opened up the cheque book.

But back in 2015 when the GP's were all about Cairoli vs Villopoto who would have thought they'd end up in the same gear brand later on lol.
money bro

i'm hearing Answer ponied up big time, for whatever reason Thor PU wasn't willing to match it.
Flip109
10/19/2017 9:53am
Frickin baller. Retire and still get big money gear deals lol prob making more off his gear deal than most of the current racers that wear it.
JohnnyT_983
10/19/2017 10:05am
That doesn’t leave Thor\PU with a many big name exposure in SX/MX right? With Anderson jumping ship that leaves Marvin and retired McGrath? Who else?
Steadman
10/19/2017 10:15am
Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian Pros wore it) I'm digging this. I'm going to crack open the catalog and have a second look!
Teddy240
10/19/2017 10:32am
That doesn’t leave Thor\PU with a many big name exposure in SX/MX right? With Anderson jumping ship that leaves Marvin and retired McGrath? Who else?
They also have Cooper Webb and the whole Star Racing team
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 10:33am
Steadman wrote:
Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian...
Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian Pros wore it) I'm digging this. I'm going to crack open the catalog and have a second look!
Motovan was pushing Answer pretty hard for a couple years not long ago. Now they're pushing Shot Race gear more than anything else.

Never had a chance to wear Answer but some of the stuff they have really looks good.

I think RV in Answer is awesome. I never like any of the Thor stuff.
JohnnyT_983
10/19/2017 10:39am
Teddy240 wrote:
They also have Cooper Webb and the whole Star Racing team
That’s true haven’t seen any of those guys since the tail of outdoors so it slipped my mind.
TJMX947
10/19/2017 11:03am
It really sounds strange to give up two big stars in the sport like that, I mean I don't think I've ever seen Villo in anything but Thor. I hope its just the execution of a new strategy as opposed to organizing their cost exposure to be acquired or something.
Steadman
10/19/2017 11:25am
Steadman wrote:
Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Motovan was pushing Answer pretty hard for a couple years not long ago. Now they're pushing Shot Race gear more than anything else. Never had a...
Motovan was pushing Answer pretty hard for a couple years not long ago. Now they're pushing Shot Race gear more than anything else.

Never had a chance to wear Answer but some of the stuff they have really looks good.

I think RV in Answer is awesome. I never like any of the Thor stuff.
Indeed, and now Kimpex is the distributor for Answer. It looks like Motovan and Tucker Rocky must have had a bit of a falling out as Kimpex is doing Pro Taper as well.

I agree RV in Answer is pretty awesome. I've personally haven't like the look of the Thor gear in a long time.
tprice07
10/19/2017 1:26pm
Glad Answer changed up the logo/signature. I couldn't get passed how stupid it looked when it wasn't spelled out. New stuff looks much better. It is a little baggy on RV though.
10/19/2017 2:20pm
This reminds me so much of McGrath going from Honda to Kawasaki LONG after retiring.

It's like news, but it's not "racing" news. But we still care. But we wonder why we do. Smile
Lucifa.
10/19/2017 3:21pm
Will you go out and purchase Answer gear because of a retired Pro rider?
Crush
10/19/2017 4:06pm
Wander how much that deal is worth... ? And like Lucifa has asked, what does it translate too.
10/19/2017 6:15pm
I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him becoming the brand ambassador for Thor, that makes sense.
As said above post I’m not going to buy answer gear because of RV, the money spent on getting him may have been better invested elsewhere? Maybe on a current pro rider or upcoming amateur.. No current rider comes to mind running Answer ?
Anyways I’m sure there is a grand plan
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 7:50pm
I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him...
I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him becoming the brand ambassador for Thor, that makes sense.
As said above post I’m not going to buy answer gear because of RV, the money spent on getting him may have been better invested elsewhere? Maybe on a current pro rider or upcoming amateur.. No current rider comes to mind running Answer ?
No current rider comes to mind? Let me help you a little.

Justin Bogle, Nick Wey, Glenn Coldenhoff, 9x World Champion Antonio Cairoli and now Ryan Villopoto.

Villopoto has 900k Instagram followers.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
10/19/2017 7:46pm
I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No current rider comes to mind? Let me help you a little. Justin Bogle, Nick Wey, Glenn Coldenhoff, 9x World Champion Antonio Cairoli and now Ryan...
No current rider comes to mind? Let me help you a little.

Justin Bogle, Nick Wey, Glenn Coldenhoff, 9x World Champion Antonio Cairoli and now Ryan Villopoto.

Villopoto has 900k Instagram followers.
I'm pretty happy with that lineup Smile
Spooner
10/19/2017 8:15pm
Makes about as much sense as Fro riding huskys now.

Post a reply to: Ryan Villopoto to Answer

The Latest