This is just so weird to me

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/19/2017 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 9:34 AM

Such a weird situation to me, I mean why would Parts Unlimited/Thor drop him? I'm just guessing that was the situation as I can't see him just leaving.. unless Answer opened up the cheque book.

But back in 2015 when the GP's were all about Cairoli vs Villopoto who would have thought they'd end up in the same gear brand later on lol.

|

10/19/2017 9:42 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

Such a weird situation to me, I mean why would Parts Unlimited/Thor drop him? I'm just guessing that was the situation as I can't see him just leaving.. unless Answer opened up the cheque book.

But back in 2015 when the GP's were all about Cairoli vs Villopoto who would have thought they'd end up in the same gear brand later on lol.

money bro

i'm hearing Answer ponied up big time, for whatever reason Thor PU wasn't willing to match it.

|

10/19/2017 9:53 AM

Frickin baller. Retire and still get big money gear deals lol prob making more off his gear deal than most of the current racers that wear it.

|

10/19/2017 10:00 AM

Uptite right again

|

10/19/2017 10:05 AM

That doesn’t leave Thor\PU with a many big name exposure in SX/MX right? With Anderson jumping ship that leaves Marvin and retired McGrath? Who else?

|

10/19/2017 10:15 AM

Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian Pros wore it) I'm digging this. I'm going to crack open the catalog and have a second look!

|

10/19/2017 10:32 AM

JohnnyT_983 wrote:

That doesn’t leave Thor\PU with a many big name exposure in SX/MX right? With Anderson jumping ship that leaves Marvin and retired McGrath? Who else?

They also have Cooper Webb and the whole Star Racing team

|

"Keep it Steazy"

10/19/2017 10:33 AM

Steadman wrote:

Looks like Answer is making a huge push in the market which is cool. I wore a lot of Answer gear in the 90's (many Canadian Pros wore it) I'm digging this. I'm going to crack open the catalog and have a second look!

Motovan was pushing Answer pretty hard for a couple years not long ago. Now they're pushing Shot Race gear more than anything else.

Never had a chance to wear Answer but some of the stuff they have really looks good.

I think RV in Answer is awesome. I never like any of the Thor stuff.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2017 10:39 AM

Teddy240 wrote:

They also have Cooper Webb and the whole Star Racing team

That’s true haven’t seen any of those guys since the tail of outdoors so it slipped my mind.

|

10/19/2017 11:03 AM

It really sounds strange to give up two big stars in the sport like that, I mean I don't think I've ever seen Villo in anything but Thor. I hope its just the execution of a new strategy as opposed to organizing their cost exposure to be acquired or something.

|

10/19/2017 11:25 AM

Steadman wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Motovan was pushing Answer pretty hard for a couple years not long ago. Now they're pushing Shot Race gear more than anything else.

Never had a chance to wear Answer but some of the stuff they have really looks good.

I think RV in Answer is awesome. I never like any of the Thor stuff.

Indeed, and now Kimpex is the distributor for Answer. It looks like Motovan and Tucker Rocky must have had a bit of a falling out as Kimpex is doing Pro Taper as well.

I agree RV in Answer is pretty awesome. I've personally haven't like the look of the Thor gear in a long time.

|

10/19/2017 1:26 PM

Glad Answer changed up the logo/signature. I couldn't get passed how stupid it looked when it wasn't spelled out. New stuff looks much better. It is a little baggy on RV though.

|

10/19/2017 2:20 PM

This reminds me so much of McGrath going from Honda to Kawasaki LONG after retiring.

It's like news, but it's not "racing" news. But we still care. But we wonder why we do. smile

|

10/19/2017 3:21 PM

Will you go out and purchase Answer gear because of a retired Pro rider?

|

10/19/2017 4:06 PM

Wander how much that deal is worth... ? And like Lucifa has asked, what does it translate too.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/19/2017 6:15 PM

I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him becoming the brand ambassador for Thor, that makes sense.
As said above post I’m not going to buy answer gear because of RV, the money spent on getting him may have been better invested elsewhere? Maybe on a current pro rider or upcoming amateur.. No current rider comes to mind running Answer ?
Anyways I’m sure there is a grand plan

|

10/19/2017 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 7:50 PM

motonation24 wrote:

I don’t understand this Brand Ambassador title? A retired racer who has never worn the gear before is now the brand ambassador? I would understand him becoming the brand ambassador for Thor, that makes sense.
As said above post I’m not going to buy answer gear because of RV, the money spent on getting him may have been better invested elsewhere? Maybe on a current pro rider or upcoming amateur.. No current rider comes to mind running Answer ?

No current rider comes to mind? Let me help you a little.

Justin Bogle, Nick Wey, Glenn Coldenhoff, 9x World Champion Antonio Cairoli and now Ryan Villopoto.

Villopoto has 900k Instagram followers.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2017 7:46 PM

motonation24 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No current rider comes to mind? Let me help you a little.

Justin Bogle, Nick Wey, Glenn Coldenhoff, 9x World Champion Antonio Cairoli and now Ryan Villopoto.

Villopoto has 900k Instagram followers.

I'm pretty happy with that lineup smile

|

10/19/2017 8:15 PM

Makes about as much sense as Fro riding huskys now.

|