Ryan Villopoto on the heat in Thailand

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 3:20am
Another quote from Transworld MX's Thailand GP Report by Donn Maeda.

Ryan Villopoto - “You would think that I’d be used to the heat from living in Florida for so long, but the truth is that I’m not used to it at all right now. Where I’ve been living and training, it’s been 2-degrees celsius, and it even started to snow the day we left for Thailand. It was a big shock on my body, and I really took it easy towards the end of the moto to save myself.”
|
machine
3/8/2015 7:23pm
I tried to tell PhilG, but he wouldn't listen,,,
3/8/2015 7:43pm
Does this explain the slower times in the second moto? I was trying to find an answer in my brain but couldn't process anything that was intellegent lol
jemcee
3/8/2015 7:48pm
waaait does this make RV a pussy too?

The Shop

3/8/2015 7:51pm
You really could not SEE the difference in the 2nd moto?

He was waiting longer coming out of the turns to stand back up. When he landed he was not on the gas as hard (one of the ways RV makes time on people is that he accelerates quicker on jump landings). He was not as fast through the rollers. He was clearly riding to keep from blowing up aerobically. He tried to make up time...but by lap 5-7...he realized it was not happening. He was going to blow up.

The fitness base suffers when you are hurt...and it takes TIME to get back to the elite level. Ryan will race himself into form...and by the time they are in Europe...he will be able to ride 'RV pace' all weekend.
3/8/2015 8:01pm
You really could not SEE the difference in the 2nd moto? He was waiting longer coming out of the turns to stand back up. When he...
You really could not SEE the difference in the 2nd moto?

He was waiting longer coming out of the turns to stand back up. When he landed he was not on the gas as hard (one of the ways RV makes time on people is that he accelerates quicker on jump landings). He was not as fast through the rollers. He was clearly riding to keep from blowing up aerobically. He tried to make up time...but by lap 5-7...he realized it was not happening. He was going to blow up.

The fitness base suffers when you are hurt...and it takes TIME to get back to the elite level. Ryan will race himself into form...and by the time they are in Europe...he will be able to ride 'RV pace' all weekend.
I could see the difference I couldn't figure out why, I ruled out heat as he loved in florida, and normally his fitness is second to none. That's a good explanation though, thanks for in input!
Grizz
3/8/2015 8:24pm
jemcee wrote:
Yes.
slipdog
3/8/2015 8:30pm
jemcee wrote:
Why do you think he ran half way across the world to a bush league series... To avoid the real men of motocross, Dungey, Roczen, Tomac and Canard
FlaNard
3/8/2015 8:30pm
I was surprised since he looked better than most after the first moto. I think he spent a lot of energy in moto one and like someone else said, probably tried to catch the leaders in moto two and backed it down once he knew he didn't have it in him at that point. Interesting regardless.
BD233
3/8/2015 8:42pm
I thought he rode great. Got the overall. Didn't gas out. Rode smart. These are all the traits of a champ. Kudos. I think he's honestly just playing it up. He wasn't even breathing hard after the first Moto. Dudes sandbagging a little bit. I'm mean 94 with 80% humidity isn't even a hot day in the southern US. That track was worse than the heat It looked like. AC looked good too. Gonna be a fun fight for the crown.
iBobbyb
3/8/2015 8:43pm
jemcee wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Yes.
beat me too it Sad
hbdesigns913
3/8/2015 8:44pm
Would like to see his heart rate data from both moto's. Surely he had his watch on to keep himself in check
Silliker269
3/8/2015 8:44pm
tuning everybody by 33 seconds Saturday probably didnt help the matter , he should of took it a bit easier that one maybe, but he said he learned ...
500guy
3/8/2015 8:49pm
I don't think I've ever seen RV ride around like he did in the 2nd moto, He looked spent, it was smart for him not to hurt himself.
kongols
3/8/2015 9:46pm
Can we say this was the last of Thailand for GP`s? You can`t stick a bunch of eskimo`s in a desert and expect them to survive.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/8/2015 9:50pm
kongols wrote:
Can we say this was the last of Thailand for GP`s? You can`t stick a bunch of eskimo`s in a desert and expect them to survive.
Bloody hope so. They should shitcan Mexico whilst they're at it. Go to Australia and NZ instead Smile
Bearuno
3/8/2015 10:04pm
kongols wrote:
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Bloody hope so. They should shitcan Mexico whilst they're at it. Go to Australia and NZ instead Smile
Who the hell is going to pay for it, Derpin?

With 'fly aways', that's the key factor.

And, promoters / governments, are 'onto' the BS that Luongo (and, so many other sports promoters) sprout about returns. He / Youthstream leave a trail of bankruptcies / scandal behind them. I'm no great fan of Williams, but he's done it the twice, and I don't think he got rich(er) from the OZ GPs.

Luongo's been trying to get India in the GPs for a few years now - it would be a good, logical decision with a traverse from the 'Sheiks Plaything', through to S.E.Asia / Asia / OZ / Un Zud) but the Indians, soon did the numbers and told him to fuck off. Bummer that, as I was looking forward to going to Goa.........
3/8/2015 10:26pm
Regardless the track was one of the few tracks he should excel at. Sadly though he didn't get the 1-1. He needed a 1-1. When we start getting to the sand tracks he will need as many points as he can get. He has never been that great at Southwick let alone a real sand track.

I would really like to see RV win this thing. But I believe if he does it isn't because the US series produces better riders. Or Euros are slower etc. I truly believe If he wins this series it will be because of who RV is. A winner. Somebody who simply refuses to lose. Much like RC. RV is reinventing himself to win on unfamiliar turf.

You gotta admire this guy.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/9/2015 12:54am
jemcee wrote:
Not only RV, all Amercians are now pussies too, according to Vital-logic.

Same with Lupino, he is a pussy because of his statement, and with him all Euros.

PressPassP
3/9/2015 2:46am
FlaNard wrote:
I was surprised since he looked better than most after the first moto. I think he spent a lot of energy in moto one and like...
I was surprised since he looked better than most after the first moto. I think he spent a lot of energy in moto one and like someone else said, probably tried to catch the leaders in moto two and backed it down once he knew he didn't have it in him at that point. Interesting regardless.
I think that's a good assessment and the comments only back up up bad it was and the right decision was made on the 2nd Motos

All the top 3 backed off towards the end from the times,a tough 1st Moto in that heat and a track getting rougher with only minor increments of time gained and lost,it's hardly surprising,you'd expect it to pull times down generally,the mere thought of it makes me shudder
jamma10
3/9/2015 3:02am
Regardless the track was one of the few tracks he should excel at. Sadly though he didn't get the 1-1. He needed a 1-1. When we...
Regardless the track was one of the few tracks he should excel at. Sadly though he didn't get the 1-1. He needed a 1-1. When we start getting to the sand tracks he will need as many points as he can get. He has never been that great at Southwick let alone a real sand track.

I would really like to see RV win this thing. But I believe if he does it isn't because the US series produces better riders. Or Euros are slower etc. I truly believe If he wins this series it will be because of who RV is. A winner. Somebody who simply refuses to lose. Much like RC. RV is reinventing himself to win on unfamiliar turf.

You gotta admire this guy.
Agree 100%

Although I wouldn't say he 'has never been that great at Southwick'. He's still been pretty damn good, just not quite as dominant as other places. Him and Dungey had pretty similar record there.
JackLHyde
3/9/2015 3:20am
Hasn't Ferrandis talk been quoted yet about being on the podium without doing illegal things? Worth it's own thread. Lots of speculation could be made.

Post a reply to: Ryan Villopoto on the heat in Thailand

The Latest