Ryan Hughes is paralyzed again... (temporarely/two wheels on the street))

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2022 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2022 4:30 PM

Okay, Ryan is one of my heros. He is also someone who does not have luck on his side...
I think we need to fund him to travel the Pro MX races and party with the fun folks. He deserves this...

Ha, I say this in jest but the guy is already world famous and needs to retire from all and every form of two wheels (including street bikes). We need to go the extra mile and make sure this national treasure is kept healthy...

While it is true he is lucky not to be permanently paralyzed, the number of times he had been temporarily is significant from a data driven standpoint.

|

9/20/2022 3:23 PM

As long as he can say "fuck that" and continue to magically will the paralysis away he's got no worries.

Glad he's going to be ok again.

|

9/20/2022 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2022 3:31 PM

What do you mean he does not have luck on his side? As often as he loses control of his motorcycle and breaks himself he should consider himself extremely lucky.

|

9/20/2022 3:37 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

What do you mean he does not have luck on his side? As often as he loses control of his motorcycle and breaks himself he ...more

This time it was a car pulling out in front of him while street riding. It absolutely sucks.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

9/20/2022 3:55 PM

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ryan Hughes (@rynoglobal)

|

9/20/2022 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2022 4:02 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

What do you mean he does not have luck on his side? As often as he loses control of his motorcycle and breaks himself he ...more

Moto Nomad wrote:

This time it was a car pulling out in front of him while street riding. It absolutely sucks.

Sounds like was/is lucky to be okay again

|

9/20/2022 4:11 PM

2 wheels on the street is not if but when....

|

9/20/2022 6:09 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

He should probably take motorcycles more seriously and invest in a riding coach.

|

9/20/2022 6:19 PM

tingo wrote:

He should probably take motorcycles more seriously and invest in a riding coach.

Shit comment. Very poor taste. Some of you people, I swear to Christ…

|

9/20/2022 6:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2022 6:28 PM

Getting old sucks.

Your brain still says, " You can still do it!!"

But your body and reaction time have different ideas...

sad sad sad

GWS Ryno...

|

9/20/2022 6:31 PM

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

I mean there’s some humor to it. How ironic is it the guy who preaches safety and correct riding technique is always broken

|

Hopefully they figure out why he keeps getting stingers? He’s got something that keeps putting pressure on his spinal cords every time he takes a big hit. Sooner or later the feeling won’t come back.

|

GrapeApe wrote:

tingo wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

Nah I think that's fair game after Ryno's rant about the vet rider that got hurt.

|

9/20/2022 6:39 PM

tingo wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

clarkgray432 wrote:

I mean there’s some humor to it. How ironic is it the guy who preaches safety and correct riding technique is always broken

This sounds like it was a street bike which also goes to prove a point of no matter how much bike skill you have you're never going to win against the car and like somebody already posted it's not if it's when!

|

9/20/2022 6:44 PM

Track days are a thing

|

9/20/2022 7:09 PM

zehn wrote:

Track days are a thing

Yep 100%

|

9/20/2022 7:32 PM

Does anyone else feel like the paralyzed part of his story is bs.

|

9/20/2022 7:33 PM

Get well soon Ryan Hughes.

|

9/20/2022 8:43 PM

MotoCosmo wrote:

As long as he can say "fuck that" and continue to magically will the paralysis away he's got no worries.

Glad he's going to ...more

I hope Ryno fully recovers, truly.

But to say he willed his way out of paralysis is a slap in the face to others who weren't as lucky. Did they not have will? The truth here, even for how shitty it is he got hit, he got lucky to not be permanently paralyzed.

|

9/20/2022 8:57 PM

Sorry to hear Ryno, prayers sent for a healthy recovery. Onward and Upward!

|

9/20/2022 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2022 9:06 PM

Anyone who has ever gotten layed out riding a bike should be able to get some well wishes regardless of their quackery… heal up my dude
Edit: and I unlock my hips

|

9/20/2022 9:36 PM

Photo
|

Tall Guy Moto Club

9/20/2022 10:49 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

tingo wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

I guess I have poor taste cause that shit was fuckin funny. You need to unlock your sense of humor grin

|

9/21/2022 12:57 AM

For someone who doesn't see eye to eye with medical science he sure relies on it a lot.
In all seriousness hope he recovers back to 100%

|

9/21/2022 1:38 AM

I have to agree with many of these comments. Also for a rider coach to be basically encouraging people to trying to stand up/fall over/stand up again when they clearly have a spinal injury is moronic.

|

9/21/2022 4:19 AM

Charged life.

|

9/21/2022 4:43 AM

WCRider wrote:

Charged life.

Hospital charges more.

|

9/21/2022 4:50 AM

“He’s paralyzed from the neck up” - Chief Wiggham

|

9/21/2022 5:06 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

tingo wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

He’s quoting Ryno from a video he put out about a vet C rider dying at Glen Helen. Ryno posted it just hours after it happened

|

9/21/2022 5:09 AM

mx313 wrote:

Does anyone else feel like the paralyzed part of his story is bs.

Sounds like he’s describing spinal shock. Getting up and moving after that was stupid because the slightest wrong movement and he could have had complete paralysis after that, especially with that chipped c3

|