Ryan Dungey 2011..

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2010 7:33 PM

Racer92 wrote:

Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. ...more

Stephon wrote:

I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly ...more

Racer92 wrote:

Thanks Stephon. Im not taking anything away from Goose or the bike (Im a diehard Zook owner myself) but I just feel this kid ...more

If you see me as taking away from Ryan then you certainly are taking away from Goss.

Please, tell me where I said that Ryan isn't a great rider.

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

9/2/2010 7:36 PM

peelout719 wrote:

they may have been cursed, but those older suzuki smokers were turds in a punch bowl

x2

|

9/2/2010 7:37 PM

Racer92 wrote:

Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. ...more

P wrote:

Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider ...more

Racer92 wrote:

P Im not trying to twist anything. I personally think that is what seperates a really good rider from a great rider is the ...more

So you're basically saying that great riders can win on any bike that is put under them. I don't agree with that. I don't think there is a top Pro out there that would say that having a great bike under you doesn't make a difference.

P

|

9/2/2010 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 7:42 PM

P wrote:

So you're basically saying that great riders can win on any bike that is put under them. I don't agree with that. I don't ...more

Umm, I just said a great bike is good to have. But some guys have the ability to make the best of whatever comes at them. James is the perfect example, in the past he always seems to overcome and be fast. This last race he was in looked more like fitness and lack of racing to me, both of which he will get back soon enough. People joke all the time that he could win on a Vespa. I think Ryan is this kind of rider, too.

As for Goose, he seems to be the best wrench out there today, no question.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

9/2/2010 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2011 6:02 PM

|

9/2/2010 7:54 PM

Racer92 wrote:

P Im not trying to twist anything. I personally think that is what seperates a really good rider from a great rider is the ...more

P wrote:

So you're basically saying that great riders can win on any bike that is put under them. I don't agree with that. I don't ...more

Racer92 wrote:

Umm, I just said a great bike is good to have. But some guys have the ability to make the best of whatever comes at them. ...more

Sure, you said that a great bike is good to have just as I have said that Ryan is a great rider.............

James "seems" to overcome, but having to "overcome" having a bike that isn't set up right for you is the last think that any Pro rider wants to do. Sure, Ryan can go to a team with bikes that aren't quit there yet, but he risk having to "overcome" that.

BTW, when has Ryan every had to overcome being on a bad bike???

P

|

9/2/2010 7:54 PM

calimxer91 wrote:

strange to me as well....he had everything going for him, and all the momentum on his side at that point, then it just went downhill at honda, he put in good rides in his last year at honda though.

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

9/2/2010 8:10 PM

SmithwickMX wrote:

I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki ...more

You think?wassat

|

9/2/2010 8:14 PM

The person that is the most responsible for RD5's sucess is Ryan Dungey. Ryan is a highly intelligent, highly motivated and hard working young man. He's not some freaking kid and no one has to hold his hand day to day. Ryan has learned a lot from DeCoster, RC, etc. but he's the one that puts in the work. I'm sure he hates to see Decoster leave, but it's far from the end of the world.

|

9/2/2010 8:19 PM

No matter what happens with Dungey, it's a shame Roger couldn't finish out his last three years at Suzuki. At least he said in the interview he wanted to retire in three years. He deserved that much. I don't think Dungey will leave Suzuki, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

|

9/2/2010 8:27 PM

P wrote:

Racer92 wrote:

Umm, I just said a great bike is good to have. But some guys have the ability to make the best of whatever comes at them. ...more

P wrote:

Sure, you said that a great bike is good to have just as I have said that Ryan is a great rider.............

James "seems" to ...more

At Hangtown apparently. What did he get? Sixth? As best as I can recollect, that alone proved his sx title was pure luck. I hope he gets lucky some more in 2011.

|

9/3/2010 5:38 AM

It might be a good fit, wth Dungey at KTM, his older brother is a mechanic there and his younger brother rides on the amatuer side. All 3 under one brand again.

|

kcco

12/10/2010 1:41 PM

I want to see KTM win a Championship this year...preferably outdoors

|

12/10/2010 8:35 PM

p,

no bike is great out the box. it comes down to knowing how to set up a bike. that goes for any motorsport. some teams or cars/bikes/craft may give a rider head start, but its still up to the rider to take it from showroom to podium worthy.

bike setup starts and finishes with the rider being able to communicate to the engineers/team mgr/wrenches. example: rossi, rc, mc, shumacher, etc. they win no matter where they go. reed would been a contender last year without the preseason setbacks.

|

not cool enough for motodrivel....banned from motodrive....so im stuck here to rot.

12/10/2010 9:00 PM

SmithwickMX wrote:

I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki ...more

roger is going to have a tough challenge making ktm kick ass like he did at suzuki...maybe the first thing in mx that he's ever failed at.

|

12/10/2010 9:03 PM

P wrote:

I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work ...more

Racer92 wrote:

P wrote:

Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider ...more

P...2011 ya better get ready for a bully beat down on the great black hope. wink

dungey is the hare now...that is a fact.

|

12/10/2010 9:04 PM

Wandell wrote:

The person that is the most responsible for RD5's sucess is Ryan Dungey. Ryan is a highly intelligent, highly motivated and ...more

bingo

|

12/10/2010 9:17 PM

BobbyM wrote:

P...2011 ya better get ready for a bully beat down on the great black hope. wink

dungey is the hare now...that is a fact.

Wake up Bobby!! You're dreaming again!! You're going to have another nightmare just like the one you had swining off of MA 800!! THAT is fact!! tongue

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

12/10/2010 9:39 PM

BobbyM wrote:

roger is going to have a tough challenge making ktm kick ass like he did at suzuki...maybe the first thing in mx that he's ...more

My understanding is that 2011 is the first year of KTM's three year plan to establish itself as a true AMA Championship contender. Roger may fail in year one (most likely), and possibly in year two as well; however, with the determination expressed by KTM, along with their financial resources, it'd be a brave man who'd bet against 'The Man' securing a championship in year three - if not sooner.

|

12/10/2010 10:28 PM

same dude, same bike, same mechanic. I'll let you do the math.

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

12/10/2010 10:32 PM

yes, if i had my pick, id train with Ricky before Roger, no offense to the man. but they dont call him the goat for no reason.

|

12/10/2010 10:35 PM

So a noob blows his 1st post by bumping a 3 month old thread and all you jackholes are responding like its todays news.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

12/11/2010 12:09 AM

ocscottie wrote:

So a noob blows his 1st post by bumping a 3 month old thread and all you jackholes are responding like its todays news.

dick head

|

12/11/2010 5:36 AM

SmithwickMX wrote:

How do YOU know this?

|

12/11/2010 8:05 AM

Why would he leave the best bike for a turd like KTM? Does he want to be like Mike?

|

12/11/2010 9:12 AM

Karma wrote:

Why would he leave the best bike for a turd like KTM? Does he want to be like Mike?

ktms arent turds, alessi couldnt cut it this year,
their european team did alright this year.
you wait and see.

|

I no longer regret my username.

12/11/2010 9:38 AM

Karma wrote:

Barrett57 wrote:

ktms arent turds, alessi couldnt cut it this year,
their european team did alright this year.
you wait and see.

Well not turds, but Id still rather be on a 450 than cracking my nuts every lap like AC was doing at des nats!

|

12/11/2010 10:01 AM

Did anyone ever film Ryan in a 2010 season review/wrap up video? Ryan talking about 2010?

|

P.S. My sister Pizzah wants to get with you.

12/11/2010 10:40 AM

Wandell wrote:

The person that is the most responsible for RD5's sucess is Ryan Dungey. Ryan is a highly intelligent, highly motivated and ...more

BobbyM wrote:

bingo

I see it this way too.

Decoster believing in him and pointing him in the right direction led him right to title contention but it was RD with his teams help that got her done.

And Goose then helped him take it to the next level together.

|

12/11/2010 11:18 AM

RD won a title without Goose... Do we know that the RMZ250 was good bike or did he overcome? RD would never cry about his bike, so we'll never know..

|