Ryan Dungey 2011..

mccread
9/2/2010 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:03pm
Will he stay at Suzuki? how will his program be affected without DeCoster and whoever else may leave?

Not the best situation for the current Supercross and Motocross champ.
|
SMITH201
9/2/2010 2:07pm
He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he was with DeCoster. Reed won 2 titles without him. James hasn't needed him to win.
I think Roger will be in a tougher position with trying to build a solid team/program again. Look how long he was losing at Suzuki before they started winning. Everyone called Suzuki cursed.
peelout719
9/2/2010 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 2:10pm
SMITH201 wrote:
He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he...
He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he was with DeCoster. Reed won 2 titles without him. James hasn't needed him to win.
I think Roger will be in a tougher position with trying to build a solid team/program again. Look how long he was losing at Suzuki before they started winning. Everyone called Suzuki cursed.
they may have been cursed, but those older suzuki smokers were turds in a punch bowl
DJ KC
Fantasy
462nd
9/2/2010 2:10pm
SMITH201 wrote:
He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he...
x2
DanDunes818
9/2/2010 2:23pm
He'll be fine whatever happens. The fact is he works with RC more at this point than w/Roger. I'm not discounting Rogers roll in Dungeys overall success but I think mostly where Roger helped him was early in his career when he was developing his work ethic and his winning program. At this point from what I've heard and read Dungey pretty much runs his own show when he's not at the track already so nothing will change there. Just a different boss on Saturday.

The Shop

peelout719
9/2/2010 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 2:26pm
speaking of dungey's financial woes,

how is the "Feed Dungey Foundation" going? i need the pay-pal account so i can pitch in. poor little dungester divin fella
9/2/2010 2:46pm
He'll be fine whatever happens. The fact is he works with RC more at this point than w/Roger. I'm not discounting Rogers roll in Dungeys overall...
He'll be fine whatever happens. The fact is he works with RC more at this point than w/Roger. I'm not discounting Rogers roll in Dungeys overall success but I think mostly where Roger helped him was early in his career when he was developing his work ethic and his winning program. At this point from what I've heard and read Dungey pretty much runs his own show when he's not at the track already so nothing will change there. Just a different boss on Saturday.
Other than getting him signed to Suzuki a few years ago, what does Roger D currently do that accounts for Dungey's success?

Would Dungey be successful if Brooks was the TM or Kehoe or Fisher?

9/2/2010 3:39pm
I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore
mxr102
9/2/2010 4:45pm
I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore
x2
petegrath
9/2/2010 5:23pm
That'd be pretty cool.
9/2/2010 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 5:38pm
Roger was indeed very important, however as long as Goose and the rest of #5 Team is there for Ryan, he should do fine for at least a couple of seasons because they aren't having to too much developement work just some simple tweaking to keep it competitive.
txrider44
9/2/2010 5:50pm
Matthes tweet...

"According 2 someone that would knw, Dunge has an out clause in his contract in case "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore. Plot thickens "
troublebros
9/2/2010 5:57pm
txrider44 wrote:
Matthes tweet... "According 2 someone that would knw, Dunge has an out clause in his contract in case "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore. Plot thickens...
Matthes tweet...

"According 2 someone that would knw, Dunge has an out clause in his contract in case "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore. Plot thickens "
No way, Ricky's going back to Kawi?
HuskyEd
9/2/2010 5:58pm
IMO I think Goose has had as much to do with Dungey's success this last season. Goose keeps churning (wrenching) out champs.
petegrath
9/2/2010 6:22pm
Did you "just thicken the plot a little?" Smile
P
9/2/2010 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 6:26pm
HuskyEd wrote:
IMO I think Goose has had as much to do with Dungey's success this last season. Goose keeps churning (wrenching) out champs.
There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be the hottest property on the market during the off season, but that's just MHO.

P
Cygnus
9/2/2010 6:29pm
Wasn't Goose almost ready to retire last year and hang out with his family?
P
9/2/2010 6:29pm
Also, I don't think that there is any way that Dungey will go to KTM.

P
Racer92
9/2/2010 6:39pm
HuskyEd wrote:
P wrote:
There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be...
There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be the hottest property on the market during the off season, but that's just MHO.

P
I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike.....

P
9/2/2010 6:51pm
HuskyEd wrote:
P wrote:
There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be...

P
Racer92 wrote:
I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its [i]has [/i]to be the bike..... [img]https://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes010.gif[/img]
I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike.....

I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work for their riders. At that level and the speeds the top guys are going you have to have a bike that is set up right and to be honest Gosselaar seems to be the only guy that can get it right pretty much every time. If you don't think so ask Chad Reed. I'm sure that he is loving the decision that he made to go to Kawi.

P
HuskyEd
9/2/2010 6:59pm
Racer92 wrote: I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike.....

Ryan gets credit for plain ol' kickin' ass on the Zook, but I give Goose a lot of credit for taking the feedback he gets from Ryan, then setting the bike up and making it work.
Racer92
9/2/2010 7:01pm
P wrote:
I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to...
I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work for their riders. At that level and the speeds the top guys are going you have to have a bike that is set up right and to be honest Gosselaar seems to be the only guy that can get it right pretty much every time. If you don't think so ask Chad Reed. I'm sure that he is loving the decision that he made to go to Kawi.

P
Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. First all the BS about asterisk because James, 'Poto and whoever else isnt there, now its cuz everyone elses bikes suck.

stingray
9/2/2010 7:03pm
So lets see, so far we have Decoster, Alessi, Reed, Musquin, Pourcel, Desalle, Roczen, and now Dungey to KTM. Seems realistic...
P
9/2/2010 7:10pm
P wrote:
I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to...

P
Racer92 wrote:
Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. First...
Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. First all the BS about asterisk because James, 'Poto and whoever else isnt there, now its cuz everyone elses bikes suck.

Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider several times. Apparently you think that Ryan can sign with any team and still stomp the competition. I don't feel that way. If the support team isn't getting it done the rider won't get it done either.

P
Stephon
9/2/2010 7:13pm
P wrote:

P
Racer92 wrote:
Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. First...

I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly beaten is because of bike set up.
englishman
9/2/2010 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 7:27pm
HuskyEd wrote:
P wrote:

P
I would imagine the guys that build the motors and suspension are equally as big a factor in the Suzuki success of recent years.
P
9/2/2010 7:27pm
P wrote:

P
Racer92 wrote:

Stephon wrote:
I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly beaten is...
I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly beaten is because of bike set up.
And I'm not saying that is the only reason that he beat those guys, but it is a HUGE help. Personally, I think that he would be crazy to leave Suz and not at least try to take Mike Gosselaar with him. I think that people underestimate what having a good wrench can do for a rider. Had Reed or RV been on a Mike Gosselaar tuned bike this year I think that their seasons would have been much better than they turned out, but that's just MHO.

P
Racer92
9/2/2010 7:29pm
Stephon wrote:
I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly beaten is...
Thanks Stephon. Im not taking anything away from Goose or the bike (Im a diehard Zook owner myself) but I just feel this kid has earned this with hard work, using his head, and of course natural talent. He hasnt let anything distract him from his goal.
P
9/2/2010 7:31pm
HuskyEd wrote:
P wrote:

P
englishman wrote:
I would imagine the guys that build the motors and suspension are equally as big a factor in the Suzuki success of recent years.
They may be, but the constant seems to be Gosselaar. Where was Suz. before he got there with RC??? No one would touch Suz. if they wanted to win. I think that getting a bike set up for super fast guys isn't something that every wrench can do. I think that Gosselaar is THE guy to have in your corner.

P
Racer92
9/2/2010 7:33pm
P wrote:
Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great...
Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider several times. Apparently you think that Ryan can sign with any team and still stomp the competition. I don't feel that way. If the support team isn't getting it done the rider won't get it done either.

P
P Im not trying to twist anything. I personally think that is what seperates a really good rider from a great rider is the ability to make a bike work regardless. Of course setup matters, especially at their level. But I think some riders just have the ability to adapt and make the best of whatever is given them and some riders only are fast when all things are perfect.
P
9/2/2010 7:33pm
Stephon wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Thanks Stephon. Im not taking anything away from Goose or the bike (Im a diehard Zook owner myself) but I just feel this kid has earned...
Thanks Stephon. Im not taking anything away from Goose or the bike (Im a diehard Zook owner myself) but I just feel this kid has earned this with hard work, using his head, and of course natural talent. He hasnt let anything distract him from his goal.
If you see me as taking away from Ryan then you certainly are taking away from Goss.

Please, tell me where I said that Ryan isn't a great rider.

P

Post a reply to: Ryan Dungey 2011..

The Latest