Ryan Dungey 2011..

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2010 1:02 PM

Will he stay at Suzuki? how will his program be affected without DeCoster and whoever else may leave?

Not the best situation for the current Supercross and Motocross champ.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

9/2/2010 2:07 PM

He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he was with DeCoster. Reed won 2 titles without him. James hasn't needed him to win.
I think Roger will be in a tougher position with trying to build a solid team/program again. Look how long he was losing at Suzuki before they started winning. Everyone called Suzuki cursed.

|

9/2/2010 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 2:10 PM

SMITH201 wrote:

He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he was ...more

they may have been cursed, but those older suzuki smokers were turds in a punch bowl

|

suck it

9/2/2010 2:10 PM

SMITH201 wrote:

He will be fine. Its not like he will be a lost soul without him. RC won plenty of titles and 2 perfect seasons before he was ...more

x2

|

9/2/2010 2:23 PM

He'll be fine whatever happens. The fact is he works with RC more at this point than w/Roger. I'm not discounting Rogers roll in Dungeys overall success but I think mostly where Roger helped him was early in his career when he was developing his work ethic and his winning program. At this point from what I've heard and read Dungey pretty much runs his own show when he's not at the track already so nothing will change there. Just a different boss on Saturday.

|

9/2/2010 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 2:26 PM

speaking of dungey's financial woes,

how is the "Feed Dungey Foundation" going? i need the pay-pal account so i can pitch in. poor little dungester divin fella

|

suck it

9/2/2010 2:46 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

He'll be fine whatever happens. The fact is he works with RC more at this point than w/Roger. I'm not discounting Rogers roll ...more

Other than getting him signed to Suzuki a few years ago, what does Roger D currently do that accounts for Dungey's success?

Would Dungey be successful if Brooks was the TM or Kehoe or Fisher?

|

9/2/2010 3:39 PM

I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore

|

9/2/2010 4:45 PM

SmithwickMX wrote:

I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki ...more

x2

|

2011 Sponsors: Leers Cycle Center, Tom Morgan Racing, Race Tech, Hot Cams, Motorex, Braking, RK, Devol, Ride Enginnering, Sidi, Excel A60, 661, Sunline, FMF, Moto Hose, Tag, Kicker, Dragon Goggles, Wiseco, Bike Gaphix, AGV

9/2/2010 5:23 PM

That'd be pretty cool.

|

9/2/2010 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 5:38 PM

Roger was indeed very important, however as long as Goose and the rest of #5 Team is there for Ryan, he should do fine for at least a couple of seasons because they aren't having to too much developement work just some simple tweaking to keep it competitive.

|

9/2/2010 5:50 PM

Matthes tweet...

"According 2 someone that would knw, Dunge has an out clause in his contract in case "certain" people aren't at Suzuki anymore. Plot thickens "

|

9/2/2010 5:57 PM

txrider44 wrote:

Matthes tweet...

"According 2 someone that would knw, Dunge has an out clause in his contract in case "certain" people aren't ...more

No way, Ricky's going back to Kawi?

|

Living single,seeing double,jumping triples.

9/2/2010 5:58 PM

IMO I think Goose has had as much to do with Dungey's success this last season. Goose keeps churning (wrenching) out champs.

|

9/2/2010 6:22 PM

SmithwickMX wrote:

I think Dungey will follow Decoster to KTM. Dunge has an out clause in his contract incase "certain" people aren't at Suzuki ...more

Did you "just thicken the plot a little?" smile

|

9/2/2010 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 6:26 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

IMO I think Goose has had as much to do with Dungey's success this last season. Goose keeps churning (wrenching) out champs.

There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be the hottest property on the market during the off season, but that's just MHO.

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

9/2/2010 6:29 PM

Wasn't Goose almost ready to retire last year and hang out with his family?

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

9/2/2010 6:29 PM

Also, I don't think that there is any way that Dungey will go to KTM.

P

|

9/2/2010 6:39 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

P wrote:

There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be ...more

I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike..... Photo

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

9/2/2010 6:51 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

P wrote:

There it is. That's the real question. Will Gosselaar stay at Suz. or is he open to going somewhere else. If he is he would be ...more

Racer92 wrote:

I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike..... Photo

I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work for their riders. At that level and the speeds the top guys are going you have to have a bike that is set up right and to be honest Gosselaar seems to be the only guy that can get it right pretty much every time. If you don't think so ask Chad Reed. I'm sure that he is loving the decision that he made to go to Kawi.

P

|

9/2/2010 6:59 PM

Racer92 wrote: I swear Ryan cant get any credit for what he is doing on the track, its has to be the bike.....

Ryan gets credit for plain ol' kickin' ass on the Zook, but I give Goose a lot of credit for taking the feedback he gets from Ryan, then setting the bike up and making it work.

|

9/2/2010 7:01 PM

P wrote:

I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work ...more

Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. First all the BS about asterisk because James, 'Poto and whoever else isnt there, now its cuz everyone elses bikes suck.

|

9/2/2010 7:03 PM

SmithwickMX wrote:

So lets see, so far we have Decoster, Alessi, Reed, Musquin, Pourcel, Desalle, Roczen, and now Dungey to KTM. Seems realistic...

|

9/2/2010 7:10 PM

Racer92 wrote:

P wrote:

I've given Ryan all of the credit in the world, but from what I can tell the other teams can't seem to get their bikes to work ...more

Racer92 wrote:

Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. ...more

Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider several times. Apparently you think that Ryan can sign with any team and still stomp the competition. I don't feel that way. If the support team isn't getting it done the rider won't get it done either.

P

|

9/2/2010 7:13 PM

Racer92 wrote:

P wrote:

Racer92 wrote:

Oh so now the only reason Ryan is winning is because everyone elses bikes are ill handling? I swear the kid cant get a break. ...more

I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly beaten is because of bike set up.

|

9/2/2010 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2010 7:27 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

P wrote:

I would imagine the guys that build the motors and suspension are equally as big a factor in the Suzuki success of recent years.

|

I've been here 17 years , am I still English, man ???

9/2/2010 7:27 PM

P wrote:

Racer92 wrote:

Stephon wrote:

I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly ...more

And I'm not saying that is the only reason that he beat those guys, but it is a HUGE help. Personally, I think that he would be crazy to leave Suz and not at least try to take Mike Gosselaar with him. I think that people underestimate what having a good wrench can do for a rider. Had Reed or RV been on a Mike Gosselaar tuned bike this year I think that their seasons would have been much better than they turned out, but that's just MHO.

P

|

9/2/2010 7:29 PM

Stephon wrote:

I agree with you that Ryan deserve a lot of credit. I refuse to believe that most of the riders that Ryan has repeatedly ...more

Thanks Stephon. Im not taking anything away from Goose or the bike (Im a diehard Zook owner myself) but I just feel this kid has earned this with hard work, using his head, and of course natural talent. He hasnt let anything distract him from his goal.

|

9/2/2010 7:31 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

P wrote:

englishman wrote:

I would imagine the guys that build the motors and suspension are equally as big a factor in the Suzuki success of recent ...more

They may be, but the constant seems to be Gosselaar. Where was Suz. before he got there with RC??? No one would touch Suz. if they wanted to win. I think that getting a bike set up for super fast guys isn't something that every wrench can do. I think that Gosselaar is THE guy to have in your corner.

P

|

9/2/2010 7:33 PM

P wrote:

Twist it however you want. I never said that Ryan isn't a great rider. As a matter of fact I've said that he is a great rider ...more

P Im not trying to twist anything. I personally think that is what seperates a really good rider from a great rider is the ability to make a bike work regardless. Of course setup matters, especially at their level. But I think some riders just have the ability to adapt and make the best of whatever is given them and some riders only are fast when all things are perfect.

|