Ryan Dungey 2006 Bike for sale SMAI MX race team bike

mwssquad827
7/6/2021 3:52pm
PNWRider wrote:
Quickest way to tell is if it has a cone pipe engraved with “Brody.”...
Best post of the day!!!😂😂😂
mwssquad827
7/6/2021 4:10pm
Also dungey as a legit pro didn’t run renthal bars/sprockets. Pro taper clamps and the team is sponsored by tag.. also fmf pipe and team was sponsored by yoshi… side note that isn’t a period correct pipe either they had a stinger type thing out the back of the pipe if I remember correctly… also being a Suzuki fanguy I don’t remember factory or amateur team ever running that much anodized red bling..

GLWS
djd
7/6/2021 4:17pm
Without a doubt I would say you have one of his amateur bikes.

The emails you have from Suzuki have Ryan's name/old MN address on them. The information you have from Suzuki notes no dealer, meaning the bike went from Suzuki straight to Ryan. The December 20th date doesn't exactly mean that's when the bike first started being used, to me that means when it might've been titled. In December of 06 Ryan would've already been riding an 07 while getting ready for supercross with the Makita Suzuki pro team. It would be cool to get some inside info about this from someone like Cole Gress (Suzuki's amateur team manager from back in the day) because I don't think Suzuki corporate has, or would share with you everything about this deal since its an inside thing.

In 06 his amateur bikes would include that enzo suspension, FMF exhaust, Renthal bars, the N-Style seat cover matches Suzuki's amateur team kit from that year, axle blocks clearly have his name on them, the extra parts after that must've been put on the bike from an owner after the Dungey's.

This bike is a cool piece for sure! Unfortunately though, I haven't ever seen that much value added to an old amateur bike due to who rode it back in the day. In the pictures you've attached the bike isn't in the best condition, a collector would have to come along wanting to frame and restore this bike for maybe something like a display as you've mentioned!
xr70
7/6/2021 7:03pm
Put it on eBay and see what u can get for it !

The Shop

7/6/2021 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2021 7:48pm
Beat and rusting away, as presumed. I don’t see much value in it, I can’t even imagine somebody paying 1000. You’re probably better off just parting it out but even then Parting it out I won’t really work because it’s so damn old.

Do you have to split the cases to change that some oil screen filter in those Or they seized?
GVA
7/7/2021 5:56am
djd wrote:
Without a doubt I would say you have one of his amateur bikes. The emails you have from Suzuki have Ryan's name/old MN address on them...
Without a doubt I would say you have one of his amateur bikes.

The emails you have from Suzuki have Ryan's name/old MN address on them. The information you have from Suzuki notes no dealer, meaning the bike went from Suzuki straight to Ryan. The December 20th date doesn't exactly mean that's when the bike first started being used, to me that means when it might've been titled. In December of 06 Ryan would've already been riding an 07 while getting ready for supercross with the Makita Suzuki pro team. It would be cool to get some inside info about this from someone like Cole Gress (Suzuki's amateur team manager from back in the day) because I don't think Suzuki corporate has, or would share with you everything about this deal since its an inside thing.

In 06 his amateur bikes would include that enzo suspension, FMF exhaust, Renthal bars, the N-Style seat cover matches Suzuki's amateur team kit from that year, axle blocks clearly have his name on them, the extra parts after that must've been put on the bike from an owner after the Dungey's.

This bike is a cool piece for sure! Unfortunately though, I haven't ever seen that much value added to an old amateur bike due to who rode it back in the day. In the pictures you've attached the bike isn't in the best condition, a collector would have to come along wanting to frame and restore this bike for maybe something like a display as you've mentioned!
Thanks for the info!
walent215
7/7/2021 6:29am
walent215 wrote:
To your original question The market will be very narrow for this particular bike ( Serious Dungey Fan) Pre Brovid pricing $500- $800 Current market $1500-1800...
To your original question

The market will be very narrow for this particular bike ( Serious Dungey Fan)

Pre Brovid pricing $500- $800
Current market $1500-1800

Dungey fan pricing $2500-$3000 ?

Please don’t take these prices as an insult , I’m only responding as someone that buys/sells and rehabs countless motorcycles....

If you don’t have a title or MSO reflecting prior Dungey ownership then Dungey fan pricing is going to be very hard to capture .
Only trying to give you real world market conditions ...

If my post is offensive to you I’ll be happy to delete it.
GVA wrote:
When you say I need title or MSO reflecting Dungeys ownership... what exactly is that? I have from Suzuki Canada the proof that Dungey bought this...
When you say I need title or MSO reflecting Dungeys ownership... what exactly is that?
I have from Suzuki Canada the proof that Dungey bought this S/N on this bike. Is that not enough proof? If not, where and how do I attain more proof?
A title in the states is a “pink slip” ( record of ownership) . MSO is a manufacturers statement of origin . Both of these are official records of ownership. If you have other proof outside of these items then you may satisfy a potential buyer if that is what they are looking for .
Good luck with your sale , I’m sure you will move it down the road and make someone happy with their purchase !
Holigan
7/7/2021 6:34am
I have bought a large number of Works bikes and Team bikes over the last couple of years for a restaurant that I will be building in Dallas. I have got some on a steal and some that I paid way too much because I really wanted them. What you have a is a cool novelty for a hardcore Dungey fan that wants to restore it. Amateur bikes for the most part don't go for very much. I would say $2,000 to $3,000.

Post a reply to: Ryan Dungey 2006 Bike for sale SMAI MX race team bike

The Latest