Ryan Breece Needs Money?

BobbyM
2/27/2020 5:16pm
Where's the Warthog when you need him? 😎
BobPA
2/27/2020 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 4:08pm
BobPA wrote:
Maybe it is time to join the real world? If you do not like your job and/or you are not making enough money.....It is time for...
Maybe it is time to join the real world? If you do not like your job and/or you are not making enough money.....It is time for a change. Begging people on the internet to follow your "dream" will not do any good in the long run, and you are flushing peoples hard earned cash into the shitter. Privateers do not get enough exposure for a solid ROI, the sport does not attract enough eyeballs....pretty simple really.

Amazing the leeway people get because they are fast on a dirt bike. If I started a GoFundme for the Cadillac I have always wanted, you guys would rip me apart, and rightfully so. The guys qualifying for the night show are faster than I could ever dream. But, the fact remains that it is a very niche sport, and there is very little money to go around....especially for the guys who get 10 seconds of TV time while being lapped or in the LCQ. Donating $$$ to a rider begging on the internet is about as a good of an investment as the tropical townhouse I have got for sale in Pennsylvania.
mb60 wrote:
So Breece being a top 20 rider in the premier class should find another job ?? Let's leave stick and ball sports out of it and...
So Breece being a top 20 rider in the premier class should find another job ?? Let's leave stick and ball sports out of it and take some of the lesser known sports and compare sometime ? Part of the problem for him seems to be that HEP is not paying him to ride. I'm sure he took the ride for support and expenses and now he is just spending what he is making.
If he is not making enough money to go racing, then yes, he should absolutely find another job. He is asking for handouts on the internet, looking like he either needs to find more exposure or start learning how to type a job resume like the rest of us.

ROI on a rider in the back of the pack is non existent.....It is a shame, but it is true. A simple local radio ad is a better investment than putting your dealers name on the side of a privateers bike for one night.

I have nothing against Breece. I just hate it when people ask for handouts so they can follow a "dream". Dreams are not built on freebies.... And if you think they are, you're being quite selfish. i also hate when people say it takes courage to ask for free money...No it doesn't, thousands of people do it on GoFundMe every day....
mb60
2/27/2020 7:25pm
BobPA wrote:
If he is not making enough money to go racing, then yes, he should absolutely find another job. He is asking for handouts on the internet...
If he is not making enough money to go racing, then yes, he should absolutely find another job. He is asking for handouts on the internet, looking like he either needs to find more exposure or start learning how to type a job resume like the rest of us.

ROI on a rider in the back of the pack is non existent.....It is a shame, but it is true. A simple local radio ad is a better investment than putting your dealers name on the side of a privateers bike for one night.

I have nothing against Breece. I just hate it when people ask for handouts so they can follow a "dream". Dreams are not built on freebies.... And if you think they are, you're being quite selfish. i also hate when people say it takes courage to ask for free money...No it doesn't, thousands of people do it on GoFundMe every day....
So any politician asking for donations should just up and quit ? Well I guess Bloomberg is the winner in 2020. I don;t think Breece is asking for handout but maybe anybody that can help sponsor him, Right now it sounds like he is promoting HEP for free and beating the 2 riders they are paying a salary. And yes if this dude is fast enough to put it in the top 20 while there is 50k paying to watch and don't forget the TV contracts as well. Myself wish that all the privateers would band together and not race and see what the AMA and Feld does then,
500guy
2/27/2020 7:37pm
You know the last thing a guy should be thinking about when lining up to race this sport

is weather or not he should quit because He can't afford to race.

He's either 100% in or He should be out, Help if you want and can do so.

Otherwise STFU, It's not like these guy's are so dumb they don't know what their options are.

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
2/27/2020 7:37pm
BobPA wrote:
If he is not making enough money to go racing, then yes, he should absolutely find another job. He is asking for handouts on the internet...

mb60 wrote:
So any politician asking for donations should just up and quit ? Well I guess Bloomberg is the winner in 2020. I don;t think Breece is...
So any politician asking for donations should just up and quit ? Well I guess Bloomberg is the winner in 2020. I don;t think Breece is asking for handout but maybe anybody that can help sponsor him, Right now it sounds like he is promoting HEP for free and beating the 2 riders they are paying a salary. And yes if this dude is fast enough to put it in the top 20 while there is 50k paying to watch and don't forget the TV contracts as well. Myself wish that all the privateers would band together and not race and see what the AMA and Feld does then,
If he's not asking for a handout is it a loan? Will he pay it back? Or does he just want a rich benefactor to funnel some of their pre tax income into his efforts?
Is he going to provide value to the people he is taking the money off. HEP will let him put the new sponsors logos on their bike or gear? Anything like that, or is he just going to take the money and spend it to fund this years racing?
Question
2/27/2020 11:34pm
BobPA wrote:
Maybe it is time to join the real world? If you do not like your job and/or you are not making enough money.....It is time for...
Maybe it is time to join the real world? If you do not like your job and/or you are not making enough money.....It is time for a change. Begging people on the internet to follow your "dream" will not do any good in the long run, and you are flushing peoples hard earned cash into the shitter. Privateers do not get enough exposure for a solid ROI, the sport does not attract enough eyeballs....pretty simple really.

Amazing the leeway people get because they are fast on a dirt bike. If I started a GoFundme for the Cadillac I have always wanted, you guys would rip me apart, and rightfully so. The guys qualifying for the night show are faster than I could ever dream. But, the fact remains that it is a very niche sport, and there is very little money to go around....especially for the guys who get 10 seconds of TV time while being lapped or in the LCQ. Donating $$$ to a rider begging on the internet is about as a good of an investment as the tropical townhouse I have got for sale in Pennsylvania.
mb60 wrote:
So Breece being a top 20 rider in the premier class should find another job ?? Let's leave stick and ball sports out of it and...
So Breece being a top 20 rider in the premier class should find another job ?? Let's leave stick and ball sports out of it and take some of the lesser known sports and compare sometime ? Part of the problem for him seems to be that HEP is not paying him to ride. I'm sure he took the ride for support and expenses and now he is just spending what he is making.
BobPA wrote:

In term of ROI i disagree, radio and racing are not for the same audience.

If more local dealers were involved just for "their" race (i.e. around glendale), with let us say a 7k event (5k for the rider(s)/2k to organize), they would actually get a really big ROI by inviting all their customers + the local mx club on Thurday or Friday evening to meet the rider(s) (like the factory teams do, so it would be better at a different time). Yes it take a bit of time to send emails, make a little facebook picture and create an event, possibly call a hundred customers, but people are not crazy, they will consider much more the shop and so more will consider buying their new bike there, maintaining it and supporting the shop by buying some parts and their oil.

Let then the rider(s) sell a few vip pass to the customer base as well, and the rider(s) could actually almost double their annual income if they manage to do that for all the rounds.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
2/28/2020 12:02am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2020 12:05am
I don't hate the playa, i hate the game. i feel like people are mistaken here in a certain way.

1.) Expenses
There are some expenses regarding logistics, medics, camera crew, track labour, etc. it is a certain amount of cashola that can fluctuate a bit but you can estimate it quite good i imagine (you also have numbers from previous years).

2.) Income is not profit
Income will vary quite a bit i imagine depending on weather, location, is title hunt still open, etc. But you still have a fixed ammount of money from the main sponsors (i imagine also TV is paying for their rights to broadcast that) which could be nice cushion to have.

3.) Risk
As always there is certain risk to be involved. And at all causes you should be insured and not rely on cummulative profit to sooth the burns.

4.) Profit distribution
Well now guys is the time you pick up torches and call me filthy commie and screach.
If you have a company and it is making profit there is a gist that you give something from it to the "emloyees" in a some sort of a wage (i know, wild concept but try to follow). If you spent a single digit percentage of your profit on your "employees" i reckon there is something wrong.

Not speaking about the fact that 22 employees are bringing you most of your income regularly yet 7 of those 22 are in a position when they can barely make the ends meet. You can frick those 7 malnourished people wayyy off and take new ones... everything is fine except you have shrinken your talent pool and you will shrink it more and more and more year after year because you are not distributing your profit fairly.

After a certain period of time there is a tipping point and people start to call your show (S)MX2 because the field is not deep.

Thank you for comming to my TED Talk.
2/28/2020 12:21am
I gave Breece some cash. I have given another privateer money this year and I’m sure I will do so again in the future. I also sponsor the tld team. This kid is a legit rider and deserves to be making more than he does but he doesn’t. I much rather see him on the line than not since he has shown improvement year after year. I’m confident his results will land him on a team that can afford to pay him if he can hang on through the rest of the year and keep showing results.

I usually don’t post on this site because a good majority of the people writing posts are so out of touch but I had to show Breece my support. He isn’t begging on the streets for money he is asking for support from people who enjoy watching him line up and put on a show for us. I would love for the privateers to show up on Saturday run practice and all not show up to the gate for heat races. Let feld, ama, and nbc have fun explaining why there is 10 people in on the gate. It’s absolutely ridiculous for a guy who got 11th place to not get a paycheck worth enough for him to show up and put on a show for us the next weekend.

Breece I am a fan and a supporter. I enjoy the show you put on and hope through some contributions you can continue clicking off results!
2/28/2020 12:26am
BobPA wrote:

mb60 wrote:
So any politician asking for donations should just up and quit ? Well I guess Bloomberg is the winner in 2020. I don;t think Breece is...
haydos25 wrote:
If he's not asking for a handout is it a loan? Will he pay it back? Or does he just want a rich benefactor to funnel...
If he's not asking for a handout is it a loan? Will he pay it back? Or does he just want a rich benefactor to funnel some of their pre tax income into his efforts?
Is he going to provide value to the people he is taking the money off. HEP will let him put the new sponsors logos on their bike or gear? Anything like that, or is he just going to take the money and spend it to fund this years racing?
He’s providing a show for you to watch. The roi I received by giving him money is turning my tv on Saturday night and enjoying watching him and the other privateer fill the gate. Would be pretty boring to watch 5-7 factory guys race the heat race.
Tonynz
2/28/2020 12:27am
I gave Breece some cash. I have given another privateer money this year and I’m sure I will do so again in the future. I also...
I gave Breece some cash. I have given another privateer money this year and I’m sure I will do so again in the future. I also sponsor the tld team. This kid is a legit rider and deserves to be making more than he does but he doesn’t. I much rather see him on the line than not since he has shown improvement year after year. I’m confident his results will land him on a team that can afford to pay him if he can hang on through the rest of the year and keep showing results.

I usually don’t post on this site because a good majority of the people writing posts are so out of touch but I had to show Breece my support. He isn’t begging on the streets for money he is asking for support from people who enjoy watching him line up and put on a show for us. I would love for the privateers to show up on Saturday run practice and all not show up to the gate for heat races. Let feld, ama, and nbc have fun explaining why there is 10 people in on the gate. It’s absolutely ridiculous for a guy who got 11th place to not get a paycheck worth enough for him to show up and put on a show for us the next weekend.

Breece I am a fan and a supporter. I enjoy the show you put on and hope through some contributions you can continue clicking off results!
At last a proper and intelligent post.
😎
JustMX
2/28/2020 3:56am
Tell me what he drives?

Tell me where he eats?

Wonder if he ever does starbucks?

There are all kinds of ways to cut expenses by making little or no sacrifices.

Anybody that has ever bootstrapped a business knows what I am talking about.

It is all about wants vs needs, and while it is nice to play up the struggling privateer if there is a chance that he is rolling around in a late model truck with after market wheels and a couple thousand in bling, then I would not be interested.

That demonstrates a lack of focus to me.

A lot of these guys need to Google the latte factor.
JeremyK
2/28/2020 4:12am
JustMX wrote:
Tell me what he drives? Tell me where he eats? Wonder if he ever does starbucks? There are all kinds of ways to cut expenses by...
Tell me what he drives?

Tell me where he eats?

It is all about wants vs needs, and while it is nice to play up the struggling privateer if there is a chance that he is rolling around in a late model truck with after market wheels and a couple thousand in bling, then I would not be interested.

No questions please ,either dish out money or stfu .
skankhunt69
2/28/2020 5:02am
probably wants to save his money to buy property. like many others there tired of riding state fair everyday
2/29/2020 12:31am
JustMX wrote:
Tell me what he drives? Tell me where he eats? Wonder if he ever does starbucks? There are all kinds of ways to cut expenses by...
Tell me what he drives?

Tell me where he eats?

I think people like yourself may be over analyzing the situation. I agree he shouldn’t be waisting money on over sized truck rims but Breece has had a very humble approach to what he is asking us for. He isn’t asking for 100k he is asking for enough money to race each weekend and prep his body, mind, and life required to perform at a high level. He is grateful to be a fill in rider but that doesn’t give him enough money to maintain or improve himself off the bike. I guarantee Roczen and others are spending 100k + on prepping their bodies/minds using private trainers, dr’s, sports phycologists, ect... Breece Shouldn’t have to be turning down a Starbucks because he is afraid that will cost him 2 laps of race fuel. He’s not begging for money for free he is asking to give him money so he can continue providing us with entertainment. Most of us pay 80$ for nbc gold app, tickets to a round or two, and pay for cable I don’t think it’s too much for us fans to give him 5$ so he can be apart of us watching a competitive field duke it out. Imagine if all us die hard fans sent him 5$? That’s us skipping Starbucks one day so he can complete the season comfortably not stressing for enough money to survive while racing at the highest level. I really hope more like me can send him a few $$$.
JustMX
2/29/2020 5:20am
JustMX wrote:
Tell me what he drives?

Tell me where he eats?

I think people like yourself may be over analyzing the situation. I agree he shouldn’t be waisting money on over sized truck rims but Breece has...
I think people like yourself may be over analyzing the situation. I agree he shouldn’t be waisting money on over sized truck rims but Breece has had a very humble approach to what he is asking us for. He isn’t asking for 100k he is asking for enough money to race each weekend and prep his body, mind, and life required to perform at a high level. He is grateful to be a fill in rider but that doesn’t give him enough money to maintain or improve himself off the bike. I guarantee Roczen and others are spending 100k + on prepping their bodies/minds using private trainers, dr’s, sports phycologists, ect... Breece Shouldn’t have to be turning down a Starbucks because he is afraid that will cost him 2 laps of race fuel. He’s not begging for money for free he is asking to give him money so he can continue providing us with entertainment. Most of us pay 80$ for nbc gold app, tickets to a round or two, and pay for cable I don’t think it’s too much for us fans to give him 5$ so he can be apart of us watching a competitive field duke it out. Imagine if all us die hard fans sent him 5$? That’s us skipping Starbucks one day so he can complete the season comfortably not stressing for enough money to survive while racing at the highest level. I really hope more like me can send him a few $$$.
You said

"Breece Shouldn’t have to be turning down a Starbucks because he is afraid that will cost him 2 laps of race fuel. "

And then say

"Imagine if all us die hard fans sent him 5$? That’s us skipping Starbucks one day so he can complete the season comfortably not stressing for enough
money to survive while racing at the highest level."

First off, I don't know that much about Breece. I was merely asking some questions because there seem to be an ever increasing number of people that think they deserve stuff without earning it.

Don't know if that is the case with Breece or not, but all one has to do is look at go fund me and search motocross and there will be an abundance of people, some that you will probably know, that are "chasing a dream".

Sometimes if you want to chase a dream, you have to do a little running.

Maybe I am a little older than some here and have chased a dream, caught it, and then lost it and because of that look at things a bit differently.

I just find it a bit absurd that you seem to think it is OK to ask people to sacrifice to help you if you aren't making some pretty big sacrifices yourself.

And again, I am not saying that is the case with Breece, just talking about what you have said.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
3/1/2020 2:52pm
mb60 wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
If he's not asking for a handout is it a loan? Will he pay it back? Or does he just want a rich benefactor to funnel...
He’s providing a show for you to watch. The roi I received by giving him money is turning my tv on Saturday night and enjoying watching...
He’s providing a show for you to watch. The roi I received by giving him money is turning my tv on Saturday night and enjoying watching him and the other privateer fill the gate. Would be pretty boring to watch 5-7 factory guys race the heat race.
If you think that Ryan Breece is the show people are tuning in to watch on Saturday night then you're mistaken. Its a harsh reality but it's the truth. The show is Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, Cooper web etc. How much Ryan Breece action do we actually see in a main event? The drama and the show is at the front of the pack, Breece isn't in it.

Thats the reason why he isn't providing a ROI, he is relying solely on his results. He doesnt have the luxury of being able to sit back and say look at the scoreboard the way the top dogs do. He has to provide something else to get the money otherwise he'll be begging on facebook every year whilst trying to chase his dream

Good on you for giving him money, that's your prerogative. Are you going to give it to him again next year? What about the other privateers who are actually paying for their bikes? Are you going to give them money just because they asked, i mean they're the show as well right?
str8line
3/1/2020 3:33pm
haydos25 wrote:
If you think that Ryan Breece is the show people are tuning in to watch on Saturday night then you're mistaken. Its a harsh reality but...
If you think that Ryan Breece is the show people are tuning in to watch on Saturday night then you're mistaken. Its a harsh reality but it's the truth. The show is Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, Cooper web etc. How much Ryan Breece action do we actually see in a main event? The drama and the show is at the front of the pack, Breece isn't in it.

Thats the reason why he isn't providing a ROI, he is relying solely on his results. He doesnt have the luxury of being able to sit back and say look at the scoreboard the way the top dogs do. He has to provide something else to get the money otherwise he'll be begging on facebook every year whilst trying to chase his dream

Good on you for giving him money, that's your prerogative. Are you going to give it to him again next year? What about the other privateers who are actually paying for their bikes? Are you going to give them money just because they asked, i mean they're the show as well right?
Wait, wasn't Breece in front of Tomac(and other factory riders) in the main for a while yesterday?
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
3/1/2020 3:52pm
haydos25 wrote:
If you think that Ryan Breece is the show people are tuning in to watch on Saturday night then you're mistaken. Its a harsh reality but...

str8line wrote:
Wait, wasn't Breece in front of Tomac(and other factory riders) in the main for a while yesterday?
No idea, haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, only highlights. Blame Australian TV networks for that. But if he was then he didn't make the highlights package.

Results show he finished dead last though. Behind both of his team mates and a couple of other privateers who haven't asked anybody for money yet. At least he got his purse money though.
motox11
3/1/2020 3:55pm
Breece was killing it in his heat race this weekend. Tons of TV time during it. Killer start, settled in and once Malcolm was on him, he stretched it back out and it took Mookie many laps to finally get the pass. His progression has been good to watch.
3/1/2020 4:07pm
motox11 wrote:
Breece was killing it in his heat race this weekend. Tons of TV time during it. Killer start, settled in and once Malcolm was on him...
Breece was killing it in his heat race this weekend. Tons of TV time during it. Killer start, settled in and once Malcolm was on him, he stretched it back out and it took Mookie many laps to finally get the pass. His progression has been good to watch.
And certain people on here want to kick him in the guts for needing help to make the next level. He was never a signed amateur or trust fund type so he is doing it the hard... And doing damn fine.
VetMX.com
3/1/2020 4:29pm
Depressing to hear what Feld pays them. +60K fans in Arlington and they come to see the races, not the "show". This is not a safe desk jockey job.
dkg
3/1/2020 4:52pm
Oh for f*cks sake, contribute, don’t contribute do what you think is right. Pretty sure it doesn’t take 4 pages to figure it out.
9bro9
3/1/2020 5:27pm
haydos25 wrote:

str8line wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
No idea, haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, only highlights. Blame Australian TV networks for that. But if he was then he didn't...
No idea, haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, only highlights. Blame Australian TV networks for that. But if he was then he didn't make the highlights package.

Results show he finished dead last though. Behind both of his team mates and a couple of other privateers who haven't asked anybody for money yet. At least he got his purse money though.
Pretty sure he had a mechanical DNF, saw him looking at the engine near pit row
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
3/1/2020 6:27pm
agn5009 wrote:
Get this kid a ride!
Get the HEP suzuki rider a ride?

Do you mean get him a factory ride? Who are you sacking for that?
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
3/1/2020 6:36pm
He just needs to add #sugarmomma to his instagram..
agn5009
3/1/2020 6:48pm
agn5009 wrote:
Get this kid a ride!
haydos25 wrote:
Get the HEP suzuki rider a ride?

Do you mean get him a factory ride? Who are you sacking for that?
Alright, pay the dude! Man, tough crowd. I'll never understand why people bag on a guy for trying to live his dream.
3/1/2020 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 8:18pm
haydos25 wrote:
He’s providing a show for you to watch. The roi I received by giving him money is turning my tv on Saturday night and enjoying watching...
haydos25 wrote:

Yeah, I give several privateers money. I don’t give thousands by any means but I love this sport and I do believe the privateers contribute highly to the show. Without them we would be watching 10 riders. I enjoy watching the races within the race. I have the ability to help out on a small level and it makes a difference. If you feel like giving to a guy who is asking for help so he can continue providing entertainment I think it’s awesome. I am not suggesting anyone give them money I just don’t think the guy should be getting knocked for it like he is a bum begging on the streets. If you don’t feel like he deserves your money I fully support you in not giving it to him. As far as the Starbucks it was a simple point about a lot of people giving small amounts creating impactful amounts of money raised and I didn’t realize it would be dissected and taken out of context. I should have known to not come in here without my lawyer hat on.

Post a reply to: Ryan Breece Needs Money?

The Latest