Rutledge Wood Memes... POST EM HERE!

nickm
3/28/2021 9:48am
For me the part int he interview that drove me nuts is when he said Clarkson, Hammond and May got fired and he made it out to be like he saved the day. What really happened is Clarkson punched the new producer in the face for being an idiot, BBC got upset and got rid of Clarkson - in response to the BBCs short sighted decision, the actual producer (and brilliant mind behind top gear) Andy Wilman quit, then so did May and Hammond. Amazon Prime then paid the foursome $36 Million to start up "The Grand Tour" which immediately gained a global audience. I think they now get paid around $6 million per episode...

All that said if they want to introduce new people to the sport and bring in an outsider who will bring proper idiocy to the show, they should probably yank in James May. May has a garage full of bikes and literally has hundreds of millions of fans globally.
3/28/2021 9:58am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2021 10:00am
nickm wrote:
For me the part int he interview that drove me nuts is when he said Clarkson, Hammond and May got fired and he made it out...
For me the part int he interview that drove me nuts is when he said Clarkson, Hammond and May got fired and he made it out to be like he saved the day. What really happened is Clarkson punched the new producer in the face for being an idiot, BBC got upset and got rid of Clarkson - in response to the BBCs short sighted decision, the actual producer (and brilliant mind behind top gear) Andy Wilman quit, then so did May and Hammond. Amazon Prime then paid the foursome $36 Million to start up "The Grand Tour" which immediately gained a global audience. I think they now get paid around $6 million per episode...

All that said if they want to introduce new people to the sport and bring in an outsider who will bring proper idiocy to the show, they should probably yank in James May. May has a garage full of bikes and literally has hundreds of millions of fans globally.
I'm no fan of the BBC (in fact I currently despise them) and even defended Clarkson initially at the time but you can't go round punching people in the face... He was out of order and deserved to get fired.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/28/2021 10:02am
nickm wrote:
For me the part int he interview that drove me nuts is when he said Clarkson, Hammond and May got fired and he made it out...

I don't think Captain Slow would be interested in a gig like that. NBC would not be able afford him.

Cock. Grinning
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
3/28/2021 12:19pm
Spudnut wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/27/485291/s1200_7CB9674F_CB4D_415E_ADC7_9926F5815405.jpg[/img]

There’s a lot going on in this picture.

The Shop

murph783
3/28/2021 12:27pm
nickm wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't think Captain Slow would be interested in a gig like that. NBC would not be able afford him.

Cock. Grinning
You’re probably right but god would I love to see that lol. Hammond might do it!
RCMXracing
3/28/2021 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2021 5:21pm
I have no meme. Sorry.
No entertainer is going to help “grow the sport” unless it’s someone like the Rock, and he goes on talk shows and says, “Wow, you gotta check out this SX/MX stuff, it’s bad ass!” That level of celebrity would get some new eyes IMHO.

A recurring theme is us riders wanting the sport to grow.
Why? Why? Why? Why do we care? Why should we care? As long as we have a TV package, we’re good!

Serious question, what am I missing? Why is this so important... that “we” grow the sport?
rjg
3/28/2021 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2021 5:38pm
I'm with this guy. Less ppl into it the better we fly under the radar. It an American thing. Everything has to be bigger or more or extreme when it come to entertainment.
visser62
3/28/2021 6:05pm
I have a real problem with somebody trying to attach their name to what Clarkson, May, and Hammond (and Wilman) built. Top Gear USA sucked.
Titan1
3/28/2021 7:21pm
RCMXracing wrote:
I have no meme. Sorry. No entertainer is going to help “grow the sport” unless it’s someone like the Rock, and he goes on talk shows...
I have no meme. Sorry.
No entertainer is going to help “grow the sport” unless it’s someone like the Rock, and he goes on talk shows and says, “Wow, you gotta check out this SX/MX stuff, it’s bad ass!” That level of celebrity would get some new eyes IMHO.

Why? Why? Why? Why do we care? Why should we care? As long as we have a TV package, we’re good!

Serious question, what am I missing? Why is this so important... that “we” grow the sport?
I’m with you! I don’t benefit at all if the sport grows...it’s about the right size for me...big enough for a great TV package (be it with crappy announcers), and great bikes....I’m good if it stays this size...
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/3/2021 1:27pm
RCMXracing wrote:
I have no meme. Sorry. No entertainer is going to help “grow the sport” unless it’s someone like the Rock, and he goes on talk shows...
I have no meme. Sorry.

I agree with this, I actually get a bit protective over it and would hate it if every man and his dog got into it, I prefer it being a closed door club.
gti
4/3/2021 9:26pm
So if a celebrity showed up at a BMX race and said it was awesome, would that grow the sport? I'm sure they've had a few out watching,have any of us heard about it?
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
4/13/2021 11:38am
Just goin to go ahead and wake this thread back up

Post a reply to: Rutledge Wood Memes... POST EM HERE!

The Latest