Rutledge Wood

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/17/2021 10:46pm
Go to his Instagram page and NBC Sports Instagram page, not one post about Arlington.
ShawdowGlen
3/17/2021 10:54pm
Rawly wrote:
While watching the race last night , my wife said “ at least they don’t have that Garfield guy down on the track tonight “ 😀
Hold on to her like grim death.

She's a keeper.
fins227
3/17/2021 10:55pm
Rutledge hates bros and pretends to know motor sports but forgot, Bros are what drive this sport forward. Let’s be real.
3/17/2021 11:31pm
I liked Rutledge on Top Gear. I don't like him on the Supercross broadcast. That doesn't make him an idiot.
What makes him an idiot is calling into Pulp and arguing with DV about who knows what's best for the sport.
I'm not the Affliction-wearing bro they were talking about, BUT I guarantee 90% of those bro's dump more money into the sport than the 2% of people watching who care about flaggers.
I don't think Rutledge adds anything to the broadcast, no revenue, no butts in the seats, nothing.
I even get where he's coming from, but HE'S wrong and when you have DV and a lot of people who know more than you telling you you're wrong...LISTEN. He blew an opportunity to listen to some constructive criticism on Pulp.
In my opinion, that makes HIM the insecure one.

The Shop

RaceFan
3/18/2021 12:11am
hamncheeze wrote:
DV is exactly the opposite of Rutledge. People talk shit about him, he doesn't give a fuck. People compliment him, he doesn't give a fuck either...
DV is exactly the opposite of Rutledge. People talk shit about him, he doesn't give a fuck. People compliment him, he doesn't give a fuck either.

DV made one excellent point that Rutledge totally glossed over: the way to build Supercross is not to be on Peacock charging people and protecting the broadcasts. It needs to be on YouTube free, to really grow the non-moto riding fan base. But considering Rutledge works for NBC there was no way he was going to discuss that....
Spot on point made by DV. I don't even mind paying a fee but don't make it even more expensive for international viewers. Forget the non-moto viewers, the majority of riders I know don't watch supercross at all outside of the post race highlights.
Mavetism
3/18/2021 12:14am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 12:19am
Rickyisms wrote:
“I don’t care what people on the internet say about me”

Proceeds to talk about it even more.
To me it sounded like he was the insecure one, such an awkward interview.

DV just said what a lof of us hardcore fans were thinking, such a great personality, doesn't give a fuck and would never change for anyone.

I personally couldn't care less about Rutledge. I'm just into sx/moto and I wanna hear/watch everything about it. To me it was embarrassing when he tried to show the guy in 16th place in the LCQ his Pit Board with the message "good job". On top of that we get the flagging segment while we basically didn't get to see any yellow flags for Ferrandis and Musquin on the same day?

Please just don't cut away any more time with Daniel Blair just to bring this Rutledge guy again.

And that is definitely one of the most important points, wanna attract more people to get into Supercross? Why still charge 130€ for international viewer and move to a new platform with the cheaper service where u actually need a bank account in the US (on top of VPN).
ZOBITO
3/18/2021 1:41am
Spudnut wrote:
After his performance on the SX broadcast I just thought he was a corny turd muffin. After his interview on pulp I think he’s a condescending...
After his performance on the SX broadcast I just thought he was a corny turd muffin.

After his interview on pulp I think he’s a condescending dick head
That's what happens to corny turd muffins when they actually think they're talented.
Laughing
Motofinne
3/18/2021 1:58am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 2:44am
"They do not understand motorsports".

Yeah fuck off Rutledge Wood. Now i'm speaking for myself but the only reason why i am so critical of the SX broadcast and guys like Rutledge is because I WATCH ALL OF MOTORSPORTS. F1, MotoGP, MXGP, WSBK, British Superbikes, Speedway GPs you name it. And i watch everything from practice sessions to the races.

When you're used to watching these series, you know how much more there is yet to be done within the world of SX broadcasting. No other motorsport treats the audience like they're a bunch of idiots or kids.

What a condescending dick this guy is. Holy shit.
ConnorD11
3/18/2021 2:51am
His call on pulp is so cringe. DV pretty much told him straight up that no one gives a shit about him, and he couldn't be more right. Then the guy says that our fans are insecure because we don't want to watch his dumbass on TV instead of the racing we pay for.
3/18/2021 4:37am
He is terrible. Both in the broadcast and during his call to pulp. You can't call the whole core fanbase a bunch of retarded rednecks and expect any kind of appreciation or acceptance in this community. Fuck that guy.
3/18/2021 4:39am
Before the pulp interview I thought he was just mildly irritating but holy SHIT this guy sucks. First he mocks the fans of our sport, then tries to say he doesn't care what people say about him (LOL), then condescendingly tells DV he doesn't understand motorsports, and then he thinks it's a good idea to tell DV he doesn't know who he is. You really think the fans will like you more if you tell them you've never even heard of one of the legends of the sport Laughing

Get this clown outta here
EngIceDave
3/18/2021 4:39am
Anyone know what time his part comes in on podcast?

Out of the 4+ hours
shortshift5
3/18/2021 6:00am
DV is the best. Totally hammers Rutledge. I didn’t mind Rutledge but to call the fan base insecure really shows what an arrogant tool he is.
snillum
Fantasy
325th
3/18/2021 6:01am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 6:03am
Just listened to the podcast and DV "gets it". He just gets it. In all honestly the flagger bits with Rutledge are OK mainly because there isn't a race going on at that exact moment. The main thing that everyone is dancing around and DV kind of touched on it, is just SHOW the race while the race is on. Don't split screen while Jordan is battling for the lead to show Rutledge talking. I'm not knocking Blair but they split screened at Arlington 2 to show Blair talking DURING A RACE. Just show the flipping race and only the race and no less than the race. Not the people standing on the side of track.

Rutledge has some decent points of view, but if you have ridden a dirt bike or raced locally, you pretty much just mute the show and try to watch the race. I just want to see RACING. Dirt bikes jumping and passing and just doing spectacular shit in general.

Logan_724
3/18/2021 6:05am
Oh my.. just getting to listen to the pulp show😂😂 biggest shit show ever un pulp?🤣🤣
ktmdan
3/18/2021 6:10am
He rides a 110 🤷🏻‍♂️
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/18/2021 6:15am
What he doesn't get is that we just wanna hear the motocross stuff
Logan_724
3/18/2021 6:17am
crusty_xx wrote:
What he doesn't get is that we just wanna hear the motocross stuff
To try and go mainstream other things have to be said/done tho. That being said I don’t think he’s the guy to do it.
3/18/2021 6:26am
Why grow the sport? Just let it be what it is and be thankful for it.

SX is entertainment.
EngIceDave
3/18/2021 6:31am
snillum wrote:
Just listened to the podcast and DV "gets it". He just gets it. In all honestly the flagger bits with Rutledge are OK mainly because there...
Just listened to the podcast and DV "gets it". He just gets it. In all honestly the flagger bits with Rutledge are OK mainly because there isn't a race going on at that exact moment. The main thing that everyone is dancing around and DV kind of touched on it, is just SHOW the race while the race is on. Don't split screen while Jordan is battling for the lead to show Rutledge talking. I'm not knocking Blair but they split screened at Arlington 2 to show Blair talking DURING A RACE. Just show the flipping race and only the race and no less than the race. Not the people standing on the side of track.

Rutledge has some decent points of view, but if you have ridden a dirt bike or raced locally, you pretty much just mute the show and try to watch the race. I just want to see RACING. Dirt bikes jumping and passing and just doing spectacular shit in general.

I think the exception to that is if they have some relevant "pit reporting" like something said by the mechanic or written on the pit board.

But no fluff during the race.
Rad76
3/18/2021 6:39am
dv12.com wrote:
Great radio, bros...
C'était trop bon ! The guy just can't stop talking for a minute. Of course, being from France i don't know the dude at all, but he was so full of himself, that was cool DV stepped up and put him in his place.
Ted722
3/18/2021 6:58am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2021 7:07am
EngIceDave wrote:
Anyone know what time his part comes in on podcast?

Out of the 4+ hours
A minute after DV's wise words. Laughing Much better viewing it on youtube. Link starts at DV's wise words
38special
3/18/2021 7:27am
Wow. I am speechless at the Pulp interview. The guy sure likes to hear himself talk.
Trickamoto
3/18/2021 8:01am
My respect for DV just went through the roof. Best pulp guest ever.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
3/18/2021 8:12am
He’s right about affliction shirts though.

Post a reply to: Rutledge Wood

The Latest