Russian MX riders affected by sanctions?

theToothPerry
3/9/2022 10:08am
Starve someone of their income based on where they were born. Sounds fair. Pitchforks are out lol
RaceFace58
3/9/2022 10:57am
Put it this way, if you do nothing as an organization it can be looked at that you don’t care about what’s going on. So you either make a statement that you’re against it the only way you can (ban the athletes) or you do nothing and everyone assumes you support Russia.

The Shop

Teejay
Fantasy
890th
3/9/2022 1:15pm
Teejay wrote:
We had a note from the ACU today saying that the sanctions affect racing on the local level as well.
So, somone that has immigrated for a better life but not yet a citizen can't race locally.
Why not lock them up in detention? Sarcasm intended.
This is what it said:

To suspend / withdraw the functions of any individual from the Motorcycle Federation of Russia (MFR) and the Belarusian Federation of Motorcycle Sport (BFMS) across all disciplines of motorcycle sport in any ACU permitted event or activity and in any capacity, ie. as a competitor, an official, a Team principal or a member of a Team. This sanction also includes any rider / official who currently resides in the UK as a Russian or Belarusian national and is currently in possession of a valid ACU licence’. The suspension / withdrawal is with immediate effect and in place until otherwise notified.
3/9/2022 2:14pm
jridout12 wrote:
Punishing people who have no political power is complete Bullshit
I agree. The World is an absolute shit show at present.

My thoughts are with the people of Ukraine though.
fanger
3/9/2022 2:39pm
Mr. Info wrote:
If these athletes have a home country and pay taxes to that home country it is looked at contributing money to support the Russian war. If...
If these athletes have a home country and pay taxes to that home country it is looked at contributing money to support the Russian war.
If they want to denounce their citizenship then maybe but I don't know International Law. Its not being done to hurt any one person but for the FIM, F1 and all the others to stand United. That's a pretty surprising move by them on that merit.
jridout12 wrote:
So by using your logic every U.S. taxpayer is guilty of supporting drone striking kids in the middle east? I get banning them if they openly...
So by using your logic every U.S. taxpayer is guilty of supporting drone striking kids in the middle east? I get banning them if they openly come out in support of what’s going on but to punish people who have no political pull whatsoever and are not involved at all is doing nothing but ruining an innocent persons career and livelihood
Hey hey we don't talk about all the sketchy military conflict America gets involved in. It's different. OK.
bens152
3/9/2022 10:37pm
Mr. Info wrote:
If these athletes have a home country and pay taxes to that home country it is looked at contributing money to support the Russian war. If...
If these athletes have a home country and pay taxes to that home country it is looked at contributing money to support the Russian war.
If they want to denounce their citizenship then maybe but I don't know International Law. Its not being done to hurt any one person but for the FIM, F1 and all the others to stand United. That's a pretty surprising move by them on that merit.
jridout12 wrote:
So by using your logic every U.S. taxpayer is guilty of supporting drone striking kids in the middle east? I get banning them if they openly...
So by using your logic every U.S. taxpayer is guilty of supporting drone striking kids in the middle east? I get banning them if they openly come out in support of what’s going on but to punish people who have no political pull whatsoever and are not involved at all is doing nothing but ruining an innocent persons career and livelihood
fanger wrote:
Hey hey we don't talk about all the sketchy military conflict America gets involved in. It's different. OK.
Yes, tooootallly different.
flarider
3/10/2022 3:46am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2022 3:47am
flarider wrote:
He would know

And how exactly would I know that he knows?
He's OG and OG's know other OG's and what they do or don't do, or know.

If memory Serves, that's Mike....he'd know

If he wants to explain, on him to do so

Some folks like a little anonymity

(Not trying to be a dick, really....but, he'd know)
westeast
Fantasy
3rd
3/10/2022 5:49am
It's pure hypocrisy to ban the Russian athletes. Should also ban athletes from the US, China and a bunch of other countries I guess.

I can't help but think of some Bible verses such as "remove the plank from your own eye" and "let he who is without sin throw the first stone."

https://antiwar.com/
RaceFace58
3/10/2022 4:55pm
westeast wrote:
It's pure hypocrisy to ban the Russian athletes. Should also ban athletes from the US, China and a bunch of other countries I guess. I can't...
It's pure hypocrisy to ban the Russian athletes. Should also ban athletes from the US, China and a bunch of other countries I guess.

I can't help but think of some Bible verses such as "remove the plank from your own eye" and "let he who is without sin throw the first stone."

Politics and religion in one post. Nice job
thundergoat
3/12/2022 5:20am
westeast wrote:
It's pure hypocrisy to ban the Russian athletes. Should also ban athletes from the US, China and a bunch of other countries I guess. I can't...

Based on all the down votes, Americans have a long way to go yet. They have no problem pointing the finger at others doing terrible things, but cover their eyes and ears when it's brought up that the US does terrible things.
flarider
3/12/2022 6:06am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 6:07am
Question I posed to a friend of mine, he's the manager of ISX Yamaha MXGP team, as well as he's the manager of the Swiss MXdN team each year
(They call them drivers in German, not riders)

David Kimmey
Daniel, can a russian driver get another license from another country? Many in USA are wondering about Russian riders. I say no, they can not.

Reply4 m
Daniel Zollinger
David Kimmey this is no possible...... another problem is for this guys the traveling in different country's.....

RaceFace58
3/12/2022 6:22am
westeast wrote:

Based on all the down votes, Americans have a long way to go yet. They have no problem pointing the finger at others doing terrible things...
Based on all the down votes, Americans have a long way to go yet. They have no problem pointing the finger at others doing terrible things, but cover their eyes and ears when it's brought up that the US does terrible things.
I don’t cover my eyes and ears when someone brings something up, I try and talk about it with them. The next time the US invades someone with the intent of overcoming them and absorbing them as US property we can discuss the comparison to what Russia’s goals are here.

Post a reply to: Russian MX riders affected by sanctions?

The Latest