Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

11/9/2022 11:36am
Been saying it for years, the E start (pussy button) should be banned from all professional SX and MX racing. E start has changed the way championships are crowned with crashers now being rewarded instead of penalized. A rider who makes a mistake aka crashes should be penalized with losing time/energy instead of being rewarded with a get-out-of-jail-free button on the bars. All previous SX and MX championships were won by those who made the least amount of mistakes. Not so much anymore. Consistency is not as important thanks to E start. Crashers can push the button and get going again immediately, something that was never possible before. Tons of championships would have gone different ways had there been pussy buttons in moto since day one. Guys like Stewart would have more championships and guys like Dungey would have less because his competitors wouldn't have lost time with the E start.

See F1 and MotoGP. You make a mistake, you are out. Similar to what moto used to be we had kickstart as an option, which requires energy and heart rate increase to get going again. A mistake often costed riders a half or full lap, not anymore. I love my pussy buttons, but keep them out of professional racing where mistakes should cost them time.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
11/9/2022 11:39am
Been saying it for years, the E start (pussy button) should be banned from all professional SX and MX racing. E start has changed the way...
Been saying it for years, the E start (pussy button) should be banned from all professional SX and MX racing. E start has changed the way championships are crowned with crashers now being rewarded instead of penalized. A rider who makes a mistake aka crashes should be penalized with losing time/energy instead of being rewarded with a get-out-of-jail-free button on the bars. All previous SX and MX championships were won by those who made the least amount of mistakes. Not so much anymore. Consistency is not as important thanks to E start. Crashers can push the button and get going again immediately, something that was never possible before. Tons of championships would have gone different ways had there been pussy buttons in moto since day one. Guys like Stewart would have more championships and guys like Dungey would have less because his competitors wouldn't have lost time with the E start.

See F1 and MotoGP. You make a mistake, you are out. Similar to what moto used to be we had kickstart as an option, which requires energy and heart rate increase to get going again. A mistake often costed riders a half or full lap, not anymore. I love my pussy buttons, but keep them out of professional racing where mistakes should cost them time.
Your an idiot if you don’t think crashing is not penalty enough. And the field is pretty even with everyone having e start
11/9/2022 11:51am
Been saying it for years, the E start (pussy button) should be banned from all professional SX and MX racing. E start has changed the way...

soggy wrote:
Your an idiot if you don’t think crashing is not penalty enough. And the field is pretty even with everyone having e start
And you're a complete idiot if you can't see a difference between an immediate restart/re-enter (E-start) compared to losing a half lap or even full lap of trying to get your bike started after a crash. All while expending energy to get your bike started. It's the facts...a 3 second loss vs a 20 second loss. It would have reshaped all prior championships.

Doesn't matter if it's a simple tipover as we've all seen in Supercross or hard JS crash at Daytona. We've all seen them sitting there kicking their bike and losing time while the leaders pull away.

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/9/2022 12:23pm
BobPA wrote:
I merely copied his comment because it was so ridiculous as well... Maybe study some context chief. I haven't been passed by a Suzuki in a...
I merely copied his comment because it was so ridiculous as well... Maybe study some context chief.

I haven't been passed by a Suzuki in a decade, I won't allow it.
So you ride in the sandpits, alone?

The Shop

Sandusky26
11/9/2022 12:50pm
BobPA wrote:
I merely copied his comment because it was so ridiculous as well... Maybe study some context chief. I haven't been passed by a Suzuki in a...
I merely copied his comment because it was so ridiculous as well... Maybe study some context chief.

I haven't been passed by a Suzuki in a decade, I won't allow it.
seth505 wrote:
Snowmobile's with roostbuckets on brokeback mountain.
Spoonguy
11/9/2022 12:55pm
I think the big thing for a lot of us is not necessarily the lack of development of the scooter, it's Suzuki not giving a shit about the sport anymore. Where that company is now has a lot to do with riders buying shit tons of TMs, RMs, PEs, and GSXRs. Where the company is now has a lot to do with people seeing DeCoster, Barnett, Howerton, Barry Sheene, Mladin etc. showing what Suzuki was capable of competing like and what a person was capable of doing on a Suzuki. Those days set examples that represented the entire brand. That bikes are not profitable for the company to invest in I can understand, I would be certain CRFs are small potatoes to Honda as well. But legacy, tradition, brand image, and brand awareness mean tons too. Corvettes and Mustangs aren't the big money makers pickups and SUVs are for Ford and Chevy either. I do things in my own business that are not huge money makers but are good for my brand's image. Suzuki is not projecting an image of championships anymore. They are projecting an image of quitting, half-hearted attempts, and not giving a shit about their own heritage or buyers loyal to the brand. That people still ride them and enjoy them, great! Genuinely awesome. But Suzuki makes no secret that they care little about making a competitive, up to date, or improved product worthy of their past successes.
BobPA
11/9/2022 12:57pm
seth505 wrote:
Objection, relevance?
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:00pm

So a small tip over in a corner, or stalling it in a radiator deep rut should cost you a championship?

MotoGP and F1 do not exactly have the tip over/small mistake factor that MX does.... This has to be a troll post, you cannot be that silly
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:01pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
2 out of 2 and a DNS.... Nice showing chief
Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:01pm
seth505 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Objection, relevance?
There isn't any sandpits in the shitty state of PA.
Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:05pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
2 out of 2 and a DNS.... Nice showing chief
Your profile pic says it all.
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:08pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to go back to my original.

Try not to smash anymore buckets in another temper tantrum. I'm here to talk if you need me
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:10pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
False
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/9/2022 1:16pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
False
I will add that PA holds the record for how many dead animals (mostly deer) I've seen on a states highways.
Jrey2
11/9/2022 1:24pm
Spoonguy wrote:
I think the big thing for a lot of us is not necessarily the lack of development of the scooter, it's Suzuki not giving a shit...
I think the big thing for a lot of us is not necessarily the lack of development of the scooter, it's Suzuki not giving a shit about the sport anymore. Where that company is now has a lot to do with riders buying shit tons of TMs, RMs, PEs, and GSXRs. Where the company is now has a lot to do with people seeing DeCoster, Barnett, Howerton, Barry Sheene, Mladin etc. showing what Suzuki was capable of competing like and what a person was capable of doing on a Suzuki. Those days set examples that represented the entire brand. That bikes are not profitable for the company to invest in I can understand, I would be certain CRFs are small potatoes to Honda as well. But legacy, tradition, brand image, and brand awareness mean tons too. Corvettes and Mustangs aren't the big money makers pickups and SUVs are for Ford and Chevy either. I do things in my own business that are not huge money makers but are good for my brand's image. Suzuki is not projecting an image of championships anymore. They are projecting an image of quitting, half-hearted attempts, and not giving a shit about their own heritage or buyers loyal to the brand. That people still ride them and enjoy them, great! Genuinely awesome. But Suzuki makes no secret that they care little about making a competitive, up to date, or improved product worthy of their past successes.
Isn't the KX450f on an extended 5 year design at the moment too?
Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:25pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to go back to my original. Try not to smash anymore buckets in another temper tantrum. I'm here to talk...
Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to go back to my original.

Try not to smash anymore buckets in another temper tantrum. I'm here to talk if you need me
I would choose one that isn't stolen and try looking above the front fender.
chasetwo79
11/9/2022 1:26pm
Spoonguy wrote:
I think the big thing for a lot of us is not necessarily the lack of development of the scooter, it's Suzuki not giving a shit...
I get this. But I just want to see a Zook really compete for podiums and even a win or two. If the sponsors make it happen at HEP and Kenny shows up on an RMZ at A1, I will go buy an RMZ. and I don’t even really like KR all that much.
Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:27pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
False
seth505 wrote:
I will add that PA holds the record for how many dead animals (mostly deer) I've seen on a states highways.
You would try suicide if you lived near Bob.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/9/2022 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 1:32pm
BobPA wrote:
False
seth505 wrote:
Sandusky26 wrote:
You would try suicide if you lived near Bob.
Back when I was a nobody doing pro mtb races I slept in my van going to races in PA. If it had been more than one night at a time I would have offed myself.
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:37pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
I guess I could say the same for your previous profile pic? Nice try though

Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 1:42pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I guess I could say the same for your previous profile pic? Nice try though [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/11/09/576136/s1200_FB_IMG_1668029729892.jpg[/img]
I guess I could say the same for your previous profile pic? Nice try though

Lol Bob. If you had any skills you might have paid for that picture.

That's a badass picture.
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:44pm
Sandusky26 wrote:

That's a badass picture.
In this economy? I'll take all the freebies I can get.
Sandusky26
11/9/2022 1:47pm
Sandusky26 wrote:

That's a badass picture.
BobPA wrote:
In this economy? I'll take all the freebies I can get.
We're going to meet up and fight and whoever wins can be right.
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:47pm
seth505 wrote:
Back when I was a nobody doing pro mtb races I slept in my van going to races in PA. If it had been more than...
Back when I was a nobody doing pro mtb races I slept in my van going to races in PA. If it had been more than one night at a time I would have offed myself.
I'd probably be just as frustrated with my life if I had to kickstart my bike every time I wanted to ride too. There is help man, you can always join a support group. "Inferior bikes anonymous" is a good one.
BobPA
11/9/2022 1:51pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
Sounds like a good time to me
Bruce372
11/9/2022 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 1:53pm

Having trouble finding the pussy button again? Feed bad for your Mrs!
11/9/2022 2:43pm

BobPA wrote:
So a small tip over in a corner, or stalling it in a radiator deep rut should cost you a championship? MotoGP and F1 do not...
So a small tip over in a corner, or stalling it in a radiator deep rut should cost you a championship?

MotoGP and F1 do not exactly have the tip over/small mistake factor that MX does.... This has to be a troll post, you cannot be that silly
A small tip over is a mistake and mistakes have factored in on points and championships since the birth of racing. Of course it should have an impact to possibly cost you a championship. Whether it be a small mistake or a large one, it should definitely have an impact on the final finishing position just as it was before has before E start. You are wanting to give the best riders in the world mulligans, and that's what E start is doing.

MotoGP and F1 do have the same tip over factor....like making a small mistake and ending in the gravel. If they had pussy buttons they could get restarted and work their way back into the championship hunt. And then championships would be reshaped and hundreds of millions of dollars would be re-routed as a result of given them a free pass from mistakes.

11/9/2022 2:43pm

Bruce372 wrote:
Having trouble finding the pussy button again? Feed bad for your Mrs!
If you only knew...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
11/9/2022 3:05pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Sounds like a good time to me
That's something you never want to say to a Sandusky
CASH476
11/9/2022 3:19pm

BobPA wrote:
So a small tip over in a corner, or stalling it in a radiator deep rut should cost you a championship? MotoGP and F1 do not...

A small tip over is a mistake and mistakes have factored in on points and championships since the birth of racing. Of course it should have...
A small tip over is a mistake and mistakes have factored in on points and championships since the birth of racing. Of course it should have an impact to possibly cost you a championship. Whether it be a small mistake or a large one, it should definitely have an impact on the final finishing position just as it was before has before E start. You are wanting to give the best riders in the world mulligans, and that's what E start is doing.

MotoGP and F1 do have the same tip over factor....like making a small mistake and ending in the gravel. If they had pussy buttons they could get restarted and work their way back into the championship hunt. And then championships would be reshaped and hundreds of millions of dollars would be re-routed as a result of given them a free pass from mistakes.

They should ban auto decomp and go back to a lever like the good old YZ426 while they're at it. Potentially another 30 + second penalty right there. That'll make the racing betterDry

Post a reply to: Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

The Latest