Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

tek14
11/8/2022 11:36am
soggy wrote:
He’s riding the hep Suzuki this week before he goes to Paris according to Matthes.
Hope he doenst hurt his right leg.
mb60
11/8/2022 11:37am
Kenny seems to have 1 mission this year. Show me the money 😂
nytsmaC
11/8/2022 11:42am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2022 11:43am
How many times in recent history have we seen a guy’s race get ruined by not having electric start? I mean recent, not ten-fifteen years ago when a hot four stroke needed a prayer ritual.

I recall seeing Tomac crash in the lead and take forever to get going again but I don’t remember it being because the bike wouldn't start, he was gathering himself. On the other side of the coin I recall seeing Dungey DNFing because his button didn’t work. Shit happens, and either of these systems have the potential to cause you problems, just in different ways.

Is it possible that it could effect a guy’s season, losing an extra position or two due to a crash? Sure, but not likely.

Yamaha could take the battery and estart off of their YZ250F and still sell every one that they make, just to prove a point. Everyone would still be clamouring to race them, too. The kickstart isn’t the biggest problem with the Suzuki, it’s the image they’ve made for themselves. As we’ve seen, every rider who has come and gone from Suzuki in recent years have done no better or worse on different teams and brands. It’s a competitive bike whether you want to believe it or not.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/8/2022 12:02pm
sam hain wrote:

Bring the price point down like MXA suggests and it would be a perfect entry level bike to grow local racing.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXA is part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ450 talks shit about them.
mb60 wrote:
It's not everyone talking shit about them. Just imagine the average Joe that is considering a new 250 or 450. Let's face it 9k is a...
It's not everyone talking shit about them. Just imagine the average Joe that is considering a new 250 or 450. Let's face it 9k is a lot of money to buy a new bike. Why would anyone consider a bike with no electric start or updates in the last few years. We know the bike can be competitive but I will be dam to spend that money on a bike not updated. The sad thing is they have the design for updates and e start but keep producing bng.
I didn’t say everyone talking shit, I said MXA was part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ talks shit about them.

I do agree, $9k is a lot for a new bike, but I also don’t know many people that paid full price for a new RMZ.

And why is electric start such a big deal for you guys? I’m happy not having a battery to worry about. You can start an RMZ450 with your hand and I know that first hand because I did it. I’ve also never had a hard time starting one after stalling/falling while racing or hard trail riding. That’s a non issue.

The bike also got a new chassis, suspension and mapping changes in 18, so you can’t say it hasn’t been updated. And if you try going for the engine not being updated, well the same engine that’s been in that bike is still more than enough for 95% of us and it puts the power to the ground so much better than other bikes. It’s easy to go fast on and the power is usable.

Stop getting yourself stuck in the same repetitive shit everyone else spews when they haven’t touched one and can’t admit that they would be the same speed on the “old” RMZ as they are on their $15k FE, RE, WE.

You guys who have to always speak against Suzuki just need to give it up. Let the guys that like them like them. Move on and stop trying to justify your $15k purchases to everyone.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3857th
11/8/2022 12:24pm
mb60 wrote:
What are you talking about? He’s looking at being a privateer or possibly racing a HEP Suzuki.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
11/8/2022 3:02pm
sam hain wrote:

Bring the price point down like MXA suggests and it would be a perfect entry level bike to grow local racing.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
MXA is part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ450 talks shit about them.
Spoonguy wrote:
Is MXA the reason Suzuki doesn't make cruisers, side by sides, a touring bike, or update the once legendary GSXR? Is MXA the reason Suzuki pulled...
Is MXA the reason Suzuki doesn't make cruisers, side by sides, a touring bike, or update the once legendary GSXR? Is MXA the reason Suzuki pulled their winning MotoGP team or doesn't race MXGP? Is MXA the reason Suzuki's car division got fined? And who cares if a RMZ is inexpensive, you can't resell one for anything once you are done with it. Fan boys don't realize Suzuki's business plan is to coast while milking hardcore fans for money.
Here is a link to Suzuki's current Cruisers: https://suzukicycles.com/cruiser
Here is a link to their Touring bike (a new model): https://suzukicycles.com/sport-touring

As for the SxS, they had one in the early 2010s, but never decided to release it. I don't know why. I'm also at a loss for why they wouldn't continue to develop the GSX-R or RM-Z models. It seems like a no-brainer to me, at least with the GSX-R.
The only thing I can imagine is maybe they are hard at work on an all-new electric fleet of vehicles and need all the R&D money for that.

RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1360th
11/9/2022 4:08am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
mb60 wrote:
It's not everyone talking shit about them. Just imagine the average Joe that is considering a new 250 or 450. Let's face it 9k is a...
It's not everyone talking shit about them. Just imagine the average Joe that is considering a new 250 or 450. Let's face it 9k is a lot of money to buy a new bike. Why would anyone consider a bike with no electric start or updates in the last few years. We know the bike can be competitive but I will be dam to spend that money on a bike not updated. The sad thing is they have the design for updates and e start but keep producing bng.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I didn’t say everyone talking shit, I said MXA was part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ talks shit about them. I do...
I didn’t say everyone talking shit, I said MXA was part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ talks shit about them.

I do agree, $9k is a lot for a new bike, but I also don’t know many people that paid full price for a new RMZ.

And why is electric start such a big deal for you guys? I’m happy not having a battery to worry about. You can start an RMZ450 with your hand and I know that first hand because I did it. I’ve also never had a hard time starting one after stalling/falling while racing or hard trail riding. That’s a non issue.

The bike also got a new chassis, suspension and mapping changes in 18, so you can’t say it hasn’t been updated. And if you try going for the engine not being updated, well the same engine that’s been in that bike is still more than enough for 95% of us and it puts the power to the ground so much better than other bikes. It’s easy to go fast on and the power is usable.

Stop getting yourself stuck in the same repetitive shit everyone else spews when they haven’t touched one and can’t admit that they would be the same speed on the “old” RMZ as they are on their $15k FE, RE, WE.

You guys who have to always speak against Suzuki just need to give it up. Let the guys that like them like them. Move on and stop trying to justify your $15k purchases to everyone.
I am requesting a video of you hand starting your rmz450. I gotta see it.
SX_336
11/9/2022 4:38am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 4:53am
nytsmaC wrote:
How many times in recent history have we seen a guy’s race get ruined by not having electric start? I mean recent, not ten-fifteen years ago...
How many times in recent history have we seen a guy’s race get ruined by not having electric start? I mean recent, not ten-fifteen years ago when a hot four stroke needed a prayer ritual.

I recall seeing Tomac crash in the lead and take forever to get going again but I don’t remember it being because the bike wouldn't start, he was gathering himself. On the other side of the coin I recall seeing Dungey DNFing because his button didn’t work. Shit happens, and either of these systems have the potential to cause you problems, just in different ways.

Is it possible that it could effect a guy’s season, losing an extra position or two due to a crash? Sure, but not likely.

Yamaha could take the battery and estart off of their YZ250F and still sell every one that they make, just to prove a point. Everyone would still be clamouring to race them, too. The kickstart isn’t the biggest problem with the Suzuki, it’s the image they’ve made for themselves. As we’ve seen, every rider who has come and gone from Suzuki in recent years have done no better or worse on different teams and brands. It’s a competitive bike whether you want to believe it or not.
James Stewart at St Louis 2006. Tedesco clipped a tough block, Stewart hit it and crashed. Nearly went a full lap down trying to get the bike started. Cost him the SX Championship in 2006.
Cygrace74
11/9/2022 4:49am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 4:49am
SX_336 wrote:
James Stewart at St Louis 2006. Tedesco clipped a tough block, Stewart hit it and crashed. Nearly went a full lap down trying to get the...
James Stewart at St Louis 2006. Tedesco clipped a tough block, Stewart hit it and crashed. Nearly went a full lap down trying to get the bike started. Cost him the SX Championship in 2006.
So your recent memory was almost 17 seasons ago. When everybody had to kick and it happened to 20 other people that year too
SX_336
11/9/2022 4:51am
SX_336 wrote:
James Stewart at St Louis 2006. Tedesco clipped a tough block, Stewart hit it and crashed. Nearly went a full lap down trying to get the...
Cygrace74 wrote:
So your recent memory was almost 17 seasons ago. When everybody had to kick and it happened to 20 other people that year too
That is the only time I know of it costing someone. Cost him the race and the Championship. That’s all I was saying.
mb60
11/9/2022 5:37am
mb60 wrote:
soggy wrote:
What are you talking about? He’s looking at being a privateer or possibly racing a HEP Suzuki.
I'm not sure who paid 15k for a bike but not me. And I could care less if I pay 7k for a bike it will have e start. Just me the consumer that will buy what I want with my own money.
11/9/2022 5:40am
SX_336 wrote:
That is the only time I know of it costing someone. Cost him the race and the Championship. That’s all I was saying.
I remember that, James was trying to start the bike in gear, which a hot 450 does definitely not like.
Bikes have come a long way since then and EFI makes the world of difference.
CPan
11/9/2022 5:53am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 6:01am
nytsmaC wrote:
How many times in recent history have we seen a guy’s race get ruined by not having electric start? I mean recent, not ten-fifteen years ago...

2022 Seattle Supercross. Max Sanford wiped out Chance Blackburn. This caused a fight and a classic double finger flip off. Neither of them made it through the LCQ. All this happened because Goodman was kickstarting his bike in the base of the corner.

It was hilarious. I say keep the kickstarters.

Also whoever said they can start their bike by hand should probably get their compression checked.

RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1360th
11/9/2022 5:57am
nytsmaC wrote:

CPan wrote:
2022 Seattle Supercross. Max Sanford wiped out Chance Blackburn. This caused a fight and a classic double finger flip off. Neither of them made it through...
2022 Seattle Supercross. Max Sanford wiped out Chance Blackburn. This caused a fight and a classic double finger flip off. Neither of them made it through the LCQ. All this happened because Goodman was kickstarting his bike in the base of the corner.

It was hilarious. I say keep the kickstarters.

Also whoever said they can start their bike by hand should probably get their compression checked.

Right!? this dude must have some massive peter beaters to hand start that 450.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
11/9/2022 6:45am
mb60 wrote:
soggy wrote:
mb60 wrote:
I'm not sure who paid 15k for a bike but not me. And I could care less if I pay 7k for a bike it will...
I'm not sure who paid 15k for a bike but not me. And I could care less if I pay 7k for a bike it will have e start. Just me the consumer that will buy what I want with my own money.
WHAT!?
BobPA
11/9/2022 7:24am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I didn’t say everyone talking shit, I said MXA was part of the reason everyone who’s never touched an RMZ talks shit about them. I do...

Please, show us a video of you hand starting your 450.

With the same token, let people who do not like Suzukis not like Suzukis. Move on and stop trying to justify your dinosaur.
Kasims
Fantasy
3964th
11/9/2022 7:27am
Gravel wrote:
About the Suzuki.. It only takes one time where you’re stuck in a tight spot, stalled, and have to kick a hot bike over a few...
About the Suzuki..

It only takes one time where you’re stuck in a tight spot, stalled, and have to kick a hot bike over a few dozen times to get it started. And then you stall it again. Meanwhile, your buddy has started and stopped a few times trying to help you and each time simply pushed a button to get moving again. To make damn sure you never get kickstart bike again..

That’s why bikes need electric start, and especially why newbie bikes need electric start. And it’s why the idea of a RMZ as a entry level race bike/trail bike is shot down by the kickstart. An experienced rider can deal with a kickstart just fine, but he’s probably riding a bike with a magic button already..

As to what KR ends up riding, I generally don’t care as long as he makes it to A1!
DEMONDAVE wrote:
The sun dropped behind the mountain range to the west, suddenly the air turned cold, he feels it. It’s been a full day riding his new...
The sun dropped behind the mountain range to the west, suddenly the air turned cold, he feels it.
It’s been a full day riding his new “$12,800 + factory edition”, he’s tired but glad he didn’t buy an outdated bike with a caveman kick start level, as he adjusts his Oakley goggles he chuckles to himself about the caveman kicker.
Ready to go the quick 30 or so minutes back to his truck he pushes the “magic” button and click click click…………………….
There wasn't a 30min ride to bus, but those 400m felt like eternity when I stalled in the corner and then pushed my FC250 17 trough pretty sandy track to the bus, the charged battery that same day just gave up after winter pause... Grinning
fourfourone
11/9/2022 7:37am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 7:38am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Please, show us a video of you hand starting your 450. With the same token, let people who do not like Suzukis not like Suzukis. Move...

With the same token, let people who do not like Suzukis not like Suzukis. Move on and stop trying to justify your dinosaur.
No BS but I started my 17 yz450 once with my hand and barefoot.
davistld01
11/9/2022 7:50am
We’ve become lulled into laziness by electric start. Riders have been kicking their bikes to life forever…and unlike electric start, it’s damn near a bulletproof method. But because “the factory guys have it”, we have to have it! And, any brand (Suzuki) that chooses not to have it are branded as bad bikes. That’s fairly ignorant.
scootch
11/9/2022 7:53am
nytsmaC wrote:

One example to point out here.. Imagine how much different the Tomac/Sexton crash at Washougal could have been if they both didn't have the button. Or one did and the other didn't..
Rickyisms
11/9/2022 8:03am
nytsmaC wrote:

scootch wrote:
One example to point out here.. Imagine how much different the Tomac/Sexton crash at Washougal could have been if they both didn't have the button. Or...
One example to point out here.. Imagine how much different the Tomac/Sexton crash at Washougal could have been if they both didn't have the button. Or one did and the other didn't..
Chase’s bike might of started faster if he had a kickstart in that situation. That Honda did not want to fire.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/9/2022 8:20am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Please, show us a video of you hand starting your 450. With the same token, let people who do not like Suzukis not like Suzukis. Move...

Not trying to justify “my dinosaur” because I don’t have it anymore and it also was never mine, which I’ve made clear before. Other than graphics and regular maintenance, I had no money tied into that bike. It was lent to me by my parents/sister after my sisters ex-fiance/my best friend died in 2017.

And ya, it’s pretty easy to start them by hand. I’ve done it, my pops did it with his RMZ and we’ve had other friends do it just to show them how easy it was to start the RMZ’s.
RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1360th
11/9/2022 9:12am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Not trying to justify “my dinosaur” because I don’t have it anymore and it also was never mine, which I’ve made clear before. Other than graphics...
Not trying to justify “my dinosaur” because I don’t have it anymore and it also was never mine, which I’ve made clear before. Other than graphics and regular maintenance, I had no money tied into that bike. It was lent to me by my parents/sister after my sisters ex-fiance/my best friend died in 2017.

And ya, it’s pretty easy to start them by hand. I’ve done it, my pops did it with his RMZ and we’ve had other friends do it just to show them how easy it was to start the RMZ’s.
You have a line of people waiting for you to whip out your giant sack and hand start a 450. Give the people what they want.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/9/2022 9:19am
BobPA wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Not trying to justify “my dinosaur” because I don’t have it anymore and it also was never mine, which I’ve made clear before. Other than graphics...

You have a line of people waiting for you to whip out your giant sack and hand start a 450. Give the people what they want.
That’s fine. They can wait. I don’t have the bike and won’t be around one for a while. They are more than welcome to go try it themselves and see how easy it is. You guys making a big deal about it are just showing how you really haven’t been around an RMZ the last 5 years. They barely take any effort to start.
krypto71
11/9/2022 10:13am
If it turns out Kenny is ok with the kick starter then this a non issue right? Time will tell! IMO it would be awesome to get a top guy on a Suzuki.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/9/2022 10:30am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Stop and think man, why even make that comment? What’s worse, buying a bike people call a dinosaur or someone with another bike (they feel is superior, yay for them) getting smoked by a perceived dinosaur? They have a kickstart and don’t need a battery, get over it.
Richy
11/9/2022 11:28am
If you like RMZ's, sweet. They turn well, look downright badass, decent price, plenty of poke (from the 450 at least), nobody can argue any of that, right?

I get that some don't like the resale hassle, or supporting a company who doesn't seem to care about the sport (or anything fun) anymore, or you're one of the few who really need electric start, but shitting on the bike or dude's who ride them is pretty lame.
BobPA
11/9/2022 11:33am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 11:34am
seth505 wrote:
Stop and think man, why even make that comment? What’s worse, buying a bike people call a dinosaur or someone with another bike (they feel is...
Stop and think man, why even make that comment? What’s worse, buying a bike people call a dinosaur or someone with another bike (they feel is superior, yay for them) getting smoked by a perceived dinosaur? They have a kickstart and don’t need a battery, get over it.
I merely copied his comment because it was so ridiculous as well... Maybe study some context chief.

I haven't been passed by a Suzuki in a decade, I won't allow it.

Post a reply to: Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

The Latest