Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

280driver
11/3/2022 3:58am
Anyone else just ready for him to pick a color and get on with it? Jeez….
ga_pike
11/3/2022 4:29am
What is it about the Suzuki platform that makes people think it's not competitive? You can throw out HP and suspension because both of those would be built to spec. There have even been threads about "detuning" factory 450s to make them more ridable. They can shave weight through various methods. Add in the historically well respected Suzuki ergonomics and it seems to me that the only thing holding the Suzuki back is the lack of E-start. All these bikes are so good anymore. Add in what Pro Circuit (or whomever) can do with the motor and some full blown factory suspension and I feel like the Zook could be just as competitive as any other bike on the track.

RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1488th
11/3/2022 4:46am
What would roostbuckets have to talk about
Luke, I'm happy you asked. I hope he goes back to suzuki and gets flippin smoked. That way all the fan boys will go bananas!!! They will come out with the pitchforks and keyboards to defend the dinosaur of a bike. The season will start with roczen being the suzuki savior. By round 3 they will be dragging his name through the mud saying he's washed up and if any other contender was on a suzuki they would still win bro.
Spoonguy
11/3/2022 4:48am
ga_pike wrote:
What is it about the Suzuki platform that makes people think it's not competitive? You can throw out HP and suspension because both of those would...
What is it about the Suzuki platform that makes people think it's not competitive? You can throw out HP and suspension because both of those would be built to spec. There have even been threads about "detuning" factory 450s to make them more ridable. They can shave weight through various methods. Add in the historically well respected Suzuki ergonomics and it seems to me that the only thing holding the Suzuki back is the lack of E-start. All these bikes are so good anymore. Add in what Pro Circuit (or whomever) can do with the motor and some full blown factory suspension and I feel like the Zook could be just as competitive as any other bike on the track.

All great points. Perhaps the negativity against Suzuki is based upon the half assed and lazy approach the company itself has to our sport rather than the bikes themselves. From the pullout in MotoGP and MXGP to no substantial investments in developing much of anything in their range of motorcycles, they have been embarrassing themselves for a decade or more. Leaving behind a legacy rich with riders like Decoster, Barnett, Sheene, Mamola, Howerton, shame.

The Shop

ga_pike
11/3/2022 5:05am
ga_pike wrote:
What is it about the Suzuki platform that makes people think it's not competitive? You can throw out HP and suspension because both of those would...

Spoonguy wrote:
All great points. Perhaps the negativity against Suzuki is based upon the half assed and lazy approach the company itself has to our sport rather than...
All great points. Perhaps the negativity against Suzuki is based upon the half assed and lazy approach the company itself has to our sport rather than the bikes themselves. From the pullout in MotoGP and MXGP to no substantial investments in developing much of anything in their range of motorcycles, they have been embarrassing themselves for a decade or more. Leaving behind a legacy rich with riders like Decoster, Barnett, Sheene, Mamola, Howerton, shame.
I get that... but at the end of the day, they've made a business decision. While we in the motocross (or other motorcycle disciplines) may not like their decisions, they're doing what they think is best for their company. I guess the question becomes what actual benefit do manufacturers get from professional racing? Does win on Saturday, sell on Monday still ring true? Do you buy a certain brand because of what your favorite pro rides? To a point we should be thankful they continue to offer choices instead of simply pulling out all together. I do think they could come in at a lower price point and really penetrate the market more effectively but that's up to them.

If Roczen happens to go to Suzuki with HEP, it will be interesting to see what type and how much Suzuki decides to put into the program and future development.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
11/3/2022 5:27am
burn1986 wrote:
I doubt Roczen wins any races regardless of the bike he rides. He’ll be lucky to make mains if he’s on a Zook.
With the exception of 2018 (injured) and 2019, Roczen has won at least one sx main event since 2011 his first year. What was his record...
With the exception of 2018 (injured) and 2019, Roczen has won at least one sx main event since 2011 his first year. What was his record in motocross on the Suzuki in 2016 22-2!? C'mon man quit trolling, the guy could probably make a main on a DRZ while honking the horn and flashing the blinkers over the jumps.
He didn't win 22 of 24 motos. He lost 2 overalls and 4 motos. He was 20-4 in 2016. Get your facts straight.
11/3/2022 5:40am
burn1986 wrote:
I doubt Roczen wins any races regardless of the bike he rides. He’ll be lucky to make mains if he’s on a Zook.
With the exception of 2018 (injured) and 2019, Roczen has won at least one sx main event since 2011 his first year. What was his record...
With the exception of 2018 (injured) and 2019, Roczen has won at least one sx main event since 2011 his first year. What was his record in motocross on the Suzuki in 2016 22-2!? C'mon man quit trolling, the guy could probably make a main on a DRZ while honking the horn and flashing the blinkers over the jumps.
nrosso391 wrote:
He didn't win 22 of 24 motos. He lost 2 overalls and 4 motos. He was 20-4 in 2016. Get your facts straight.
Your fault if you took a guy talking on the internet, who started with "what" and ended with a question mark, as something of fact.
Eagle_70
11/3/2022 6:36am
Mavetism wrote:
Kenny on yellow? Count me in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYz8TuFpwQI
rsd47 wrote:
He was so good that season. it's easy to forget just now special he used to be when you see him slipping back to 8th in...
He was so good that season. it's easy to forget just now special he used to be when you see him slipping back to 8th in some races these days. Gotta wonder how many epic Tomac vs Roczen races/seasons were stolen from us when that arm injury happened.

Best sport in the world but injuries really do suck
That entire 2010-2011 group was packed with talent. Would've loved to see a world where Roczen, Marv, Deano, and Baggett all stayed healthy to challenge Tomac. They all had moments, but Tomac's ability to stay healthy and build momentum is his most defining trait (even beyond his historical speed).

In regards to the post though, it would be nice to see a big name rider on Suzuki again. I think Roczen will shows flashes like he always does, regardless of the bike.
JoshyPoo312
Fantasy
223rd
11/3/2022 6:43am
seth505 wrote:
Sandusky26 and Kenny gave me permission to post these. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/11/02/575450/s1200_F0267C47_52F5_4662_8071_0EDDEB720E69.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/11/02/575449/s1200_9D3496BC_CABF_4758_B2CC_18D94735786F.jpg[/img]
Sandusky26 and Kenny gave me permission to post these.

Side note, your zook is fookin sick... wait... I meant Kenny's...
early
Fantasy
2212th
11/3/2022 7:38am
Maybe Suzuki will send their cool motogp pit setups to the States for Roczen to use as a perk. They won't be needed anymore after this weekend

Flatliner
11/3/2022 8:04am
Actually he had zero years on factory Suzuki
He was on rch for two years. If you’re thinking he left ktm to not be on factory equipment I don’t know what to tell ya.
brian2715
11/3/2022 8:31am
Flatliner wrote:
He was on rch for two years. If you’re thinking he left ktm to not be on factory equipment I don’t know what to tell ya.
Yep, 2016 he was on RCH. Won Outdoors, and 2nd in Supercross.

I'll just leave that there. Yes, I did join the forum for that comment. As you were...
FlaNard
11/3/2022 9:19am
I like the idea. I love my Suzuki and it would be good for the sport to have Suzuki competitive again with a top level rider.
11/3/2022 2:35pm
Flatliner wrote:
I didn’t say anything about the parts on the bike, I said he wasn’t on factory Suzuki, which he wasn’t
DEMONDAVE
11/3/2022 3:44pm
Kinda surprised ML hasn’t had any input
Unless he knows it’s BS
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
11/3/2022 4:18pm
He railed on a Suzuki. I’ll never forget 2010 MXDN we were at the race and he was leading Townley. The left hander that leads into the right hander by the tree towards the end of the track, he hit that turn so hard, bars dragging and dirt flying, gapped Townley by half a second in that one turn. I’ll never forget seeing it, fastest I ever seen someone hit a rut. We all lost our minds, it was so wild lol.
FerCzD
11/3/2022 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2022 8:17pm
Spoonguy wrote:
All great points. Perhaps the negativity against Suzuki is based upon the half assed and lazy approach the company itself has to our sport rather than...
Shows you how little this sport is and how much people really don't care about it regardless of the vital crowd believing is the greatest thing on earth. Wake up call, MX is just a niche.
brian2715
11/4/2022 7:59am
Flatliner wrote:
I didn’t say anything about the parts on the bike, I said he wasn’t on factory Suzuki, which he wasn’t
This is litterally still on Suzuki's Website. Google RCH Suzuki...

"Soaring Eagle/ Jimmy John’s/ Suzuki Factory Racing is in its fourth season of competition with partners Ricky Carmichael and Carey Hart at the helm and Ken Roczen and Broc Tickle in the saddle of RCH’s potent Suzuki RM-Z450s for 2016.

The team will compete for championship honours in both the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, plus the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.

The RCH partnership adds the flare and excitement of freestyle pioneer and entrepreneur Hart with the legendary riding resume of Carmichael, who has five Monster Energy Supercross Championships (48 Wins) and 10 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships (102 Wins).

With the business acumen to match its competitive drive, factory support from Suzuki; along with a technical alliance with Yoshimura, RCH is well positioned for a pair of championship runs in 2016."

Click Here
sam hain
11/4/2022 8:06am
Those of you that have posted or think Suzuki is broke is the reason they are getting out of racing are wrong. They aren't broke they just know where the money is to be made and it damn sure isn't with motorcycles.
Front242
11/4/2022 8:44am
Spoonguy wrote:
FerCzD wrote:
Shows you how little this sport is and how much people really don't care about it regardless of the vital crowd believing is the greatest thing...
Shows you how little this sport is and how much people really don't care about it regardless of the vital crowd believing is the greatest thing on earth. Wake up call, MX is just a niche.
even MotoGP from Suzuki pov
Press516
Fantasy
126th
11/4/2022 10:11am
As was posted earlier, if not for the Suzuki hate, this would be a boring place in the off-season.

KR to HEP 'Zook would clearly be this years surprise.

And the 'Zooks are so slow, like last place starts and all... Tongue

sam hain
11/4/2022 10:27am

Bring the price point down like MXA suggests and it would be a perfect entry level bike to grow local racing.
davistld01
11/4/2022 10:59am
280driver wrote:
Anyone else just ready for him to pick a color and get on with it? Jeez….
Kenny has taken a cue from Chad Reed in his keeping the Moto-Public guessing what color he'll choose. He knows how to "work it" for sure.
11/4/2022 3:22pm
Flatliner wrote:
brian2715 wrote:
This is litterally still on Suzuki's Website. Google RCH Suzuki... "[b]Soaring Eagle/ Jimmy John’s/ Suzuki Factory Racing[/b] is in its fourth season of competition with partners...

"Soaring Eagle/ Jimmy John’s/ Suzuki Factory Racing is in its fourth season of competition with partners Ricky Carmichael and Carey Hart at the helm and Ken Roczen and Broc Tickle in the saddle of RCH’s potent Suzuki RM-Z450s for 2016.

The team will compete for championship honours in both the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, plus the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.

The RCH partnership adds the flare and excitement of freestyle pioneer and entrepreneur Hart with the legendary riding resume of Carmichael, who has five Monster Energy Supercross Championships (48 Wins) and 10 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships (102 Wins).

With the business acumen to match its competitive drive, factory support from Suzuki; along with a technical alliance with Yoshimura, RCH is well positioned for a pair of championship runs in 2016."

Click Here
All true, but that was still not the factory Suzuki team that year.
Using your logic, I hope Jmart and Phil have a good year this year on factory yamaha
Johnny Ringo
11/4/2022 3:31pm
brian2715 wrote:
This is litterally still on Suzuki's Website. Google RCH Suzuki... "[b]Soaring Eagle/ Jimmy John’s/ Suzuki Factory Racing[/b] is in its fourth season of competition with partners...

Click Here
All true, but that was still not the factory Suzuki team that year. Using your logic, I hope Jmart and Phil have a good year this...
Using your logic, I hope Jmart and Phil have a good year this year on factory yamaha
We really going to split hairs here Donnie? They were threatening castration!!
11/4/2022 3:33pm
brian2715 wrote:

Click Here
All true, but that was still not the factory Suzuki team that year. Using your logic, I hope Jmart and Phil have a good year this...
We really going to split hairs here Donnie? They were threatening castration!!
Off season nonsense lol
ratonmacias
11/4/2022 4:09pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Someone in Hamamatsu better be figuring out to make 400 units with the RMX-Z cases REAL QUICK (e-start engine). Grinning
if its an oem part i think they can run it right?
SoCalMX70
11/4/2022 4:22pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Someone in Hamamatsu better be figuring out to make 400 units with the RMX-Z cases REAL QUICK (e-start engine). Grinning
if its an oem part i think they can run it right?
Why would they do that? There's no reason to add weight for e-start. It ain't happening.

Post a reply to: Rumors of Roczen to Suzuki

The Latest