Rumors of a National, Budds Creek, Going Away ?

Crush
8/20/2016 3:43pm
DonM wrote:
You need to make the trip over and just go to one....TV does not do it justice at all...and if it sucks so bad why do...
You need to make the trip over and just go to one....TV does not do it justice at all...and if it sucks so bad why do all the riders love it and most call it their favorite track...now back in the day I would agree....

Again, I'm sure it is an amazing facility, the dirt has great traction and big jumps, fun sure.... But tell me It hasn't been slot car follow the leader the last few years and I'd ask you to go watch the last 5 years of racing there compared to Millville where they almost always get the prep perfect... Not too deep, not too hard, lots of lines but not so that you get stuck in a groove to balance beam each section...
8/20/2016 6:02pm
I hope this isn't true. I'd put Budds Creek on the list of core Nationals that should endure.
DonM
8/20/2016 9:01pm
DonM wrote:
You need to make the trip over and just go to one....TV does not do it justice at all...and if it sucks so bad why do...
You need to make the trip over and just go to one....TV does not do it justice at all...and if it sucks so bad why do all the riders love it and most call it their favorite track...now back in the day I would agree....

Crush wrote:
Again, I'm sure it is an amazing facility, the dirt has great traction and big jumps, fun sure.... But tell me It hasn't been slot car...
Again, I'm sure it is an amazing facility, the dirt has great traction and big jumps, fun sure.... But tell me It hasn't been slot car follow the leader the last few years and I'd ask you to go watch the last 5 years of racing there compared to Millville where they almost always get the prep perfect... Not too deep, not too hard, lots of lines but not so that you get stuck in a groove to balance beam each section...
Millville this year sucked...prepped way to deep and way too much water...just ask the brothers that live there
Crush
8/20/2016 9:52pm
Lol, it was prepped how Red Budd is every year!!!

The Shop

mark_swart
12/10/2016 10:35pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I am sure you all know tracks have contracts and they expire when the contract is done. Sometimes the tracks are not sure what they want...
I am sure you all know tracks have contracts and they expire when the contract is done. Sometimes the tracks are not sure what they want to do and sometimes the promoter wants to try a different venue to better show off the series. Sometimes the tracks can't reach an agreement with the promoter and the race may leave because of that. But DC has said nothing and might not until the series is over and all the contract work has been resolved either with the same track or a new one. My thought has always try to work with 15 to 20 tracks and rotate the races around every few years to keep it different but hey it's not my series. Good luck to or who it goes to next year.
I've been thinking this for years!! I know it probably makes it harder to figure out logistically, but even when I lived 45 minutes from a national I didn't go every year. If we are trying to grow the sport, then building in nationals at more tracks may be a good way to get more people to come out.

I love the idea of having a set of "core" tracks (Red Bud, Unadilla, Washougal, Southwick, Mt. Morris to name a few) that never change for half of the series, and floating nationals (Freestone just for Tyler, Thunder Valley, Muddy Creek, maybe Gainesville, Monster Mountain, Thunder Valley, pick a decent track anywhere, etc) for the other half.

Makes it more interesting for the TV viewers, broadens exposure geographically, and it may be a better test of overall rider skill and team expertise in bike setup to not hit the exact same races every year.

10 nationals, 15 SX races, call it done (and yes I realize that isn't actually the direction we appear to be heading)
toroP
12/10/2016 10:45pm
tylermx967 wrote:
THIS GUYS SHOUD PUT THE NATIONAL BACK AT FREESTONE IN TEXAS I REMBER WE GO THERE TO CHEER ON KYLE REGAL AND BRAKE WHARTON AND MATT...
THIS GUYS SHOUD PUT THE NATIONAL BACK AT FREESTONE IN TEXAS I REMBER WE GO THERE TO CHEER ON KYLE REGAL AND BRAKE WHARTON AND MATT MOSS GIVED ME HIS GOGGILS FORM TEAM SUSUKI
ZM956 wrote:
wow.
Didn't we get some info that he's a good kid with some challenges, not a troll? Granted, it can be hard to tell sometimes
All the bad spelling and grammar, but always, without error, all caps. Never a small case.
mx836
12/10/2016 11:06pm
Crush wrote:
Again, I'm sure it is an amazing facility, the dirt has great traction and big jumps, fun sure.... But tell me It hasn't been slot car...
That one lined, poorly prepped, (best in USA) track made for a damn good race with Barcia and Dungey a couple years back. If it was a freeway Dungey would have rode right by and it would have been another snoozer. Track prep is fine. Enjoy the racing!!

Post a reply to: Rumors of a National, Budds Creek, Going Away ?

The Latest