Rumors : Herlings on 450 Husqvarna for 2014

Edited Date/Time 5/12/2013 6:35am
The rumor come directly from a rider of the mx1 gp's. Nothing has been signed yet and nothing will be for awhile but it seems like we'll see Herlings on a 450 husqvarna next year.

Indeed, Herlings is moving to mx1 next year but Cairoli doesn't really like this idea, we all know that Jeffrey wouldn't take long to beat him and this isn't a good deal for ktm.

Ktm recently bought Husqvarna and they now need to improve the bike and sell some. Thats the best way for them to do so, with Herlings putting this bike on the podium it'll for sure increase their selling.

Herlings on husqvarna next year is the best way for ktm to have 2 top riders in their rank but not directly competing each other on the same brand, and it is a good commercial opportunity to make people talk a lot about those new Husqvarna's coming in 2014...

Just rumors yet but it seems to be a pretty serious one in the gp's pits....
|
OriolMassot
5/10/2013 1:14am
I'm wondering if the Husqvarna's they will produce for 2014 will be KTM's with white fenders...

If so, it's not necessary to use Herlings as a marketing claim.
onthepipe
5/10/2013 1:16am
I don't buy it. He has a multi years deal with KTM.

If I was Herlings I would want some serieus money for me to step on a husky...
5/10/2013 1:23am
onthepipe wrote:
I don't buy it. He has a multi years deal with KTM. If I was Herlings I would want some serieus money for me to step...
I don't buy it. He has a multi years deal with KTM.

If I was Herlings I would want some serieus money for me to step on a husky...
Yes but now Husqvarna is in a way ktm, so it doesn't make too much problems on this point. And about the money well no matter where Herlings goes the amount will be quiet a lot anyways.

The biggest problems of the Husky's were their engines, now with ktm's engines it'll be a totally different bike.

I find it interesting, i've always liked Husqvarna, this seems to be the last chance for the brand to come back on top, and i don't believe ktm bought it for no reason, there must be something hidden under that and i believe the hidden part is Jeffrey....

The Shop

Rotaholic
5/10/2013 1:28am
Im pretty sure Husky just laid off 300 workers and may be closing their doors, I doubt they would put out a race team if this was the case
kongols
5/10/2013 1:31am
Rotaholic wrote:
Im pretty sure Husky just laid off 300 workers and may be closing their doors, I doubt they would put out a race team if this...
Im pretty sure Husky just laid off 300 workers and may be closing their doors, I doubt they would put out a race team if this was the case
If I understood correctly they are moving production to India and yes, there will be a Husqarna factory team in 2014.
jamma10
5/10/2013 1:34am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2013 1:35am
Rotaholic wrote:
Im pretty sure Husky just laid off 300 workers and may be closing their doors, I doubt they would put out a race team if this...
They're moving production to a KTM factory in India or something.

Edit. Kongols beat me to it. Would be interesting to see Herlings on a Husky, but I bet they'd have to throw a lot of money at him.
Robgvx
5/10/2013 2:14am
Rotaholic wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
They're moving production to a KTM factory in India or something. Edit. Kongols beat me to it. Would be interesting to see Herlings on a Husky...
They're moving production to a KTM factory in India or something.

Edit. Kongols beat me to it. Would be interesting to see Herlings on a Husky, but I bet they'd have to throw a lot of money at him.
Would it not be the same as KTM saying "We're building you a radical, full factory KTM, just for you" (but it would say 'Husqvarna' on the graphics rather than 'KTM').

Same people building the bike.
jamma10
5/10/2013 2:20am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2013 2:22am
I realise KTM are building them, but how similar are they likely to be to you think? Will the frame, ergonomics, engine characteristics etc differ at all, or will it purely be the aesthetics?
jemcee
5/10/2013 2:42am
'we all know that Jeffrey wouldn't take long to beat him' (Cairoli)

do we? I see Cairoli handling him... Searle was trading wins with Herlings last year and he hasn't been close to Cairoli's pace this year

yeah yeah I know different bikes different years and all that but I'll be very surprised if herlings goes up and starts beating him consistently (if it all)

I'll be more surprised to see Herlings on a Husky/KTM but I've been surprised before haha so I'm not saying it won't happen
Xsenter
5/10/2013 4:28am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2013 4:29am
I call it bull shit ! Why would Herlings want to get his name associated with Husqvarna when he has a deal with KTM !?

I heard a rumour that Honda is buying out Herlings from KTM and going to start make some serious hits against the euro-brand !
5/10/2013 4:35am
herlings in an interview over here sead that he whants to go mx2 if thay chance the age rule,
and if he has to ride mx1 it will be under the mx2 team of Everts and not the mx1 Rinaldi team.

So looks like the #84 and #222 will not be team mates next year
mmcmx
5/10/2013 4:52am
herlings in an interview over here sead that he whants to go mx2 if thay chance the age rule, and if he has to ride mx1...
herlings in an interview over here sead that he whants to go mx2 if thay chance the age rule,
and if he has to ride mx1 it will be under the mx2 team of Everts and not the mx1 Rinaldi team.

So looks like the #84 and #222 will not be team mates next year
U mean De Carli?
HenryA
5/10/2013 5:02am
Well if this is true Husky really need to step up their game and hurry up with the new bikes that is supposed to be revolutionary. Ktm has already released their EXC range, I'm not sure if the SX range is official yet but there are pictures & videos of them all over the web.

Yeah I know, they could run a prototype bike since this is the GP's but that seems kinda stupid since everyone would rush to their local Husky dealer if Herlings is starting to get wins on that bike. But we are after all talking about KTM here, they could just pull the same move as they did with the RD5 replica and release it later in the season. Seems stupid though but I'm not a sales expert either.

I don't know, lots of unanswered questions here. But why not?
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/10/2013 5:43am
Bigfoot_fr wrote:
The rumor come directly from a rider of the mx1 gp's. Nothing has been signed yet and nothing will be for awhile but it seems like...
The rumor come directly from a rider of the mx1 gp's. Nothing has been signed yet and nothing will be for awhile but it seems like we'll see Herlings on a 450 husqvarna next year.

Indeed, Herlings is moving to mx1 next year but Cairoli doesn't really like this idea, we all know that Jeffrey wouldn't take long to beat him and this isn't a good deal for ktm.

Ktm recently bought Husqvarna and they now need to improve the bike and sell some. Thats the best way for them to do so, with Herlings putting this bike on the podium it'll for sure increase their selling.

Herlings on husqvarna next year is the best way for ktm to have 2 top riders in their rank but not directly competing each other on the same brand, and it is a good commercial opportunity to make people talk a lot about those new Husqvarna's coming in 2014...

Just rumors yet but it seems to be a pretty serious one in the gp's pits....
Sounds more like your opinion than a rumor...
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
5/10/2013 5:45am
Cool Story, Needs more dragons
Crush
5/10/2013 6:15am
If you were Herlings, why the fuck would you do that?!?!

He' d have to have at least a few options that would earn more money than what Husky could put down on a better bike in the GPs or in the USA.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/10/2013 6:24am
Wasn't there something like this going around a few months ago, with a photoshopped picture of him by a Husq bike? Yeah, it's probably false.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
5/10/2013 8:34am
Really guys? This was an April Fools joke, over a month ago. This place just gets dumber by the day....
5/10/2013 9:03am
lets just say the following , Everts is out of contract at the end of the year with KTM , Herlings has a Multiple year deal with the boss of KTM and Husqvarna now

I see it more than possible that Everts and Herlings both get on a Husqvarna , the frame of the husqvarna is pretty sick to ride with it handles superior the only problem they have is suspension and engine.

I'm pretty sure husqvarna will have WP suspension components on their new bike's , Engine they have come a long way and it's seems more than likely that they wil use the RD5 engine on their stock bike's with a different clutch component as they have many problems with them at this moment

Everts is a person that can fine tune and make a bike work within a small window off time , combine that with Herlings feel for bike's and they will absolutely be 1 sweet Husqvarna

Iff Herlings is winning on the Husqvarna i say 70-80% of the european riders will take a look and probably 50% will buy the new Husqvarna,
5/10/2013 9:45am
The future may be different but: why would KTM buy Husky, restructure it, then watch it going nowhere?

And do you know Husky is selling about a third of KTM's volume? (not a micro brand as everyone seems to believe)

It is not April fool logic, just a good way to make money Smile
5/10/2013 9:58am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2013 10:00am
Please try to Read properly before you make stupid comments. Yes this has been an april fool and were over it.

Tuesday i saw a mx1 rider, i wont say his name but one of the top rider who told us that. It is a real rumor going in the gp´s pits and hé said it seems serious. Why would he joke again about it?

Like the tittle of this topic says it is only a rumor and theres yet absolutly nothing to confirm it, why take it so seriously?

I just find it pretty interesting and a really good idea from Ktm. Im tired of seeing orange every weekend on the gp´s too so itd be interesting for the fans to see Herlings battling Cairoli on a brand new husky.

We Will see in a couple months if it was just a stupid rumor or if its true. Nevertheless i find it interesting
Highsider
5/10/2013 10:16am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2013 10:51am
Bigfoot_fr wrote:
Please try to Read properly before you make stupid comments. Yes this has been an april fool and were over it. Tuesday i saw a mx1...
Please try to Read properly before you make stupid comments. Yes this has been an april fool and were over it.

Tuesday i saw a mx1 rider, i wont say his name but one of the top rider who told us that. It is a real rumor going in the gp´s pits and hé said it seems serious. Why would he joke again about it?

Like the tittle of this topic says it is only a rumor and theres yet absolutly nothing to confirm it, why take it so seriously?

I just find it pretty interesting and a really good idea from Ktm. Im tired of seeing orange every weekend on the gp´s too so itd be interesting for the fans to see Herlings battling Cairoli on a brand new husky.

We Will see in a couple months if it was just a stupid rumor or if its true. Nevertheless i find it interesting
Settle down, newbie!
Or I will send my bodyguard to handle you!

(edited)
5/10/2013 1:29pm
KTM will get Youthstream to change the rules so Herlings can stay MX2 and race the World Champs

They have enough influence to make it happen.
Choppy
5/10/2013 1:50pm
darren7878 wrote:
KTM will get Youthstream to change the rules so Herlings can stay MX2 and race the World Champs

They have enough influence to make it happen.
They've already stated he will be on a 450 next year.

Post a reply to: Rumors : Herlings on 450 Husqvarna for 2014

The Latest