Rumor is another big name failed drug test

billyp330
6/11/2018 10:28am
DC wrote:
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at...
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at Daytona. As for all of the other stuff, I try not to get too deeply into the weeds on all of that, because if and when you are wrong about relaying a rumor it can have real and irreversible damage to an athlete's career. If something happened internally on a team, the team usually deals with it internally. No one knew about Julian Edelman's failed test until the team, the league and the athlete all announced it last Friday.

As for Michael and Guy B., I have a great deal of both respect and sympathy for the Vital MX staff, as they are constantly trying to get and set the record straight, sometimes in the blur between what they wrote on Vital, and what others wrote in the Vital forum, because out here in the rest of the world, it's just "I read it on Vital" and it's not qualified as a forum post or a reported feature. I've known Guy B for a long time and consider him one of the very top true journalists in the sport, as far as race-day reporting and during-the-work news. I can't and don't read everything here and know that sometimes things go up and down on every site (happens on Racer X too) as we all try to get the story right and first. It's all different now that everything can be printed in reversible, virtual ink.

I do know that in whatever rush you guys are in to "out" whoever or whatever this might have been, it got conflated into something "official" involving a "big-name" and WADA and all that, and that simply did not happen. That was all I was trying to explain, no offense taken and it's things like this that make Vital what is it is, and it's almost always really good and informative.

DC
Racer X

Thank you for an intelligent and informative response. I guess I should just be thankful to be a fan of sport that still as good, respectful and intelligent people such as yourself, heavily involved within the industry, and yet will still give the time of day to nothing more then a passionate fan like myself. Thanks for everything you do for the sport I love.

Maybe I'll see ya at High Point this weekend, as I have attended every year for quite a few years now, with my father and now my own kids as well to celebrate fathers day.
Conkey
6/11/2018 10:32am
DC wrote:
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at...
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at Daytona. As for all of the other stuff, I try not to get too deeply into the weeds on all of that, because if and when you are wrong about relaying a rumor it can have real and irreversible damage to an athlete's career. If something happened internally on a team, the team usually deals with it internally. No one knew about Julian Edelman's failed test until the team, the league and the athlete all announced it last Friday.

As for Michael and Guy B., I have a great deal of both respect and sympathy for the Vital MX staff, as they are constantly trying to get and set the record straight, sometimes in the blur between what they wrote on Vital, and what others wrote in the Vital forum, because out here in the rest of the world, it's just "I read it on Vital" and it's not qualified as a forum post or a reported feature. I've known Guy B for a long time and consider him one of the very top true journalists in the sport, as far as race-day reporting and during-the-work news. I can't and don't read everything here and know that sometimes things go up and down on every site (happens on Racer X too) as we all try to get the story right and first. It's all different now that everything can be printed in reversible, virtual ink.

I do know that in whatever rush you guys are in to "out" whoever or whatever this might have been, it got conflated into something "official" involving a "big-name" and WADA and all that, and that simply did not happen. That was all I was trying to explain, no offense taken and it's things like this that make Vital what is it is, and it's almost always really good and informative.

DC
Racer X

As for Edelman, the league says he tested positive for a banned substance but cannot tell Edelman or the Patriots what the substance is? Sounds pretty crazy to me, unless they've sorted it out by now.

The Shop

DC
6/11/2018 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 1:13pm
tprice07, we are talking to Broc about his situation, his frustrations, his defense, his dietary habits, his everything... And our reporter is trying to talk to the FIM and WADA as I type this. We are trying to get to the bottom of it, just as we did with James, just as we tried to with Cade.

But I do not think it's anyone's business about TUEs except the athlete and WADA/USADA. They are athletes but they are also private citizens with the right to privacy. And I don't think Tickle's case has anything to do with a TUE.

We know from the past that James got his TUE after the fact, and Cade never actually got his accepted by the FIM. They were asking to use prescribed medication, which a doctor wrote a prescription for each, but they did not have the okay in hand before using it. There's really no mystery either way, just a lot of hand-wringing after the fact. Broc's situation is much different but has the same sense of frustrating bureaucracy and imbalances to it, in my personal opinion.

DC
Racer X

Mallet
6/11/2018 1:11pm
early wrote:
Looks like WADA has an unfair balance of power in everything it's involved in.
I've always like Lizzie, but come on, she missed 3 tests in 12 months! If I remember correctly, she was warned after missing 2 that she would face a penalty if she missed another. I know athletes who have been in the whereabouts program for years that have never missed a test. It directs the questions at her, not WADA. I like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she has no reason to complain, she created this.
As for Froome and Sky, she is correct, this information should not even be out yet. Is it WADA's fault the info is out? I don't know the answer to that. Sky does not help themselves in the court of public opinion with their lack of transparency and hypocrisy.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/11/2018 1:28pm
early wrote:
Looks like WADA has an unfair balance of power in everything it's involved in.
Mallet wrote:
I've always like Lizzie, but come on, she missed 3 tests in 12 months! If I remember correctly, she was warned after missing 2 that she...
I've always like Lizzie, but come on, she missed 3 tests in 12 months! If I remember correctly, she was warned after missing 2 that she would face a penalty if she missed another. I know athletes who have been in the whereabouts program for years that have never missed a test. It directs the questions at her, not WADA. I like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she has no reason to complain, she created this.
As for Froome and Sky, she is correct, this information should not even be out yet. Is it WADA's fault the info is out? I don't know the answer to that. Sky does not help themselves in the court of public opinion with their lack of transparency and hypocrisy.
Really posted it regarding the premature release of information issue

Post a reply to: Rumor is another big name failed drug test

The Latest