Rumor is another big name failed drug test

6/8/2018 11:30am
Shit, my girlfriend is a teacher and didn't even have to take a drug test.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Really? My wife had to take a drug test and every one of the schools shes worked at
stonerb wrote:
Yep, my wife is an elementary school teacher in Southern California and she has never had to take a drug test.
Yeah, I'm sure it's by state, but we're in Missouri and she just took her second teaching job and has never had to take one.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/8/2018 11:45am
If I had to take a drug test I would head for zee hills
billyp330
6/8/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 12:04pm
Anybody got cliff notes on this thread ? I got rumor someone got popped. From an internal investigation..... Who What Why What makes anyone think the...
Anybody got cliff notes on this thread ?

I got rumor someone got popped. From an internal investigation.....

Who
What
Why

What makes anyone think the team will
Hang their dirty laundry out for the world to see ?
MxKing809 wrote:
Here are the deets: - Solid rumor - Wasn’t an internal team test - 250 riders are NOT WADA tested.... so it’s a 450 guy -...
Here are the deets:

- Solid rumor
- Wasn’t an internal team test
- 250 riders are NOT WADA tested.... so it’s a 450 guy
- The guys tested at Dayton still don’t know + or -

kkawboy14 wrote:
1) so we still don’t know who it is! 2) I’m not even thinking about guessing who it is! 3) if somebody did try to guess...
1) so we still don’t know who it is!
2) I’m not even thinking about guessing who it is!
3) if somebody did try to guess, wouldn’t it be somebody who was excelling because they are cheating or somebody who is underperforming because they are bummed out because they know they are about to be banned? Smile
I would say hes overachieving right now that the more physically demanding series has started lol

Who knows if he actually did test positive for something and if that was even a PED. Could of just been a way out of a contract with team or something.

To bad our sport doesnt have media outlets with professional journalist to go investigate and inform the fan base (which ultimately is why they have a job in first place) about topics like this. I desperately need cool people to be my buddies too.....

And yes I'm a slow learner
Torco1
6/8/2018 12:06pm
Shit, my girlfriend is a teacher and didn't even have to take a drug test.
ehr400 wrote:
My wifes ex good friend is a heroin addict and gets WIC and free daycare no drug testing either. Lol
Is she single?

The Shop

MXMattii
6/9/2018 2:10pm
I found him, he posted a confession on facebook! Dunno if I can share this but fkit.

MXMattii
6/9/2018 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 3:56pm
rstaichi wrote:
What...the hell...was that?

Wikipedia tells me this (because his name username is something with Synthol)
Injecting oil into muscles

Site enhancement oil, often called "santol" or "synthol" (no relation to the Synthol mouthwash brand), refers to oils injected into muscles to increase the size or change the shape. Some bodybuilders, particularly at the professional level, inject their muscles with such mixtures to mimic the appearance of developed muscle where it may otherwise be disproportionate or lagging. This is known as "fluffing". Synthol is 85% oil, 7.5% lidocaine, and 7.5% alcohol. It is not restricted, and many brands are available on the Internet. The use of injected oil to enhance muscle appearance is common among bodybuilders, despite the fact that synthol can cause pulmonary embolisms, nerve damage, infections, sclerosing lipogranuloma, stroke, and the formation of oil-filled granulomas, cysts or ulcers in the muscle. Rare cases might require surgical intervention to avoid further damage to the muscle and/or to prevent loss of life.

Sesame oil is often used in such mixtures, which can cause allergic reactions such as vasculitis. As the injected muscle is not actually well-developed, it might droop under gravity.
DC
6/10/2018 8:37am
To bad our sport doesnt have media outlets with professional journalist to go investigate and inform the fan base (which ultimately is why they have a job in first place) about topics like this. I desperately need cool people to be my buddies too.....

Maybe it's because no one failed a WADA test at Daytona...

DC
Racer X
HuskyEd
6/10/2018 8:51am
DC wrote:
To bad our sport doesnt have media outlets with professional journalist to go investigate and inform the fan base (which ultimately is why they have a...

DC
Racer X
Don't confuse the issue with details. Smile
rstaichi
6/10/2018 9:33am
DC wrote:
To bad our sport doesnt have media outlets with professional journalist to go investigate and inform the fan base (which ultimately is why they have a...

DC
Racer X
Where were you on page one...lol
keinz
6/10/2018 11:50am
Finally the name game out. Like I suspected, it's John Doe
ge217
6/10/2018 2:32pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Thank you for totally discrediting anything mxking has said.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
6/10/2018 2:34pm
ge217 wrote:
Note DC only said Daytona.
ge217
6/10/2018 3:13pm
ge217 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
Note DC only said Daytona.
Yes, the race that almost all of you say someone got busted at. Maybe you should go back and re read all this stupidity.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
6/10/2018 3:15pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
ge217 wrote:
He didn’t quote me.... that was someone else’s statement there shooter. I see you’re still looking to stir shit up with me, but I would advise against that.
rmoto003
6/10/2018 3:24pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
well yea, obviously no one failed a WADA test at Daytona, since WADA headquarters is in Montreal Canada!!

DC is in on the drug conspiracy and trying to throw us off the trail! Get the pitchforks!
6/10/2018 5:17pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Facts totally ruin a good rumor...haha. I think I heard the original version of this and it’s funny how rumors morph.
Coyote
6/10/2018 5:30pm
imoto34 wrote:
Not sure why, this reminds me of drunk dialing my ex once while the new chick was laying next to me asleep. When the ex called...
Not sure why, this reminds me of drunk dialing my ex once while the new chick was laying next to me asleep. When the ex called back, guess who was passed out and who answered.
Holigan wrote:
I was asleep on the couch when an ex called years ago. My dumbass answers the phone, says hold on, and then tells my new one...
I was asleep on the couch when an ex called years ago. My dumbass answers the phone, says hold on, and then tells my new one that it's for you.

As I drift off again, phone hits me in the stomach, yelling directed at me ensues, and I wake up really fast. That did not go too well. Women sure do get mad.
Holigans not know for his sense of humour anyway, let alone an ex....just imho lol
billyp330
6/11/2018 6:32am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
I was only stating what i saw on vital from vital admins and also heard a little about it on Pulp. If you know the exact situation it would be nice if you (as a professional media outlet for MX/SX) could post up actual insight on the topic instead of just vague facts that don't actually confirm or deny anything. You might argue that you cant post anything until you have hard facts in which i would reply, why post anything to begin with then???

I love vital and Racerx and understand there is politics with everything. However, it seems a bit hypocritical for "professional" mx/sx media people to drop bits of info on a public forum, then go back and delete other peoples post and their own with no explanation. To me that just comes off like they are trying to bury the info they themselves leaked and cover it all up until people forget about it. Instead just come out and say the info was false or confirm it and report on it officially.

Again i dont mean any disrespect, but at the same time as a huge mx/sx fan, I would like real info on these topics instead of just cover ups and vague statements.
DC
6/11/2018 6:51am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 6:54am
Instead just come out and say the info was false or confirm it and report on it officially.

Okay, again, no one failed a WADA test at Daytona.

I heard a little and read the rumors and speculation here too, but nothing ever came of them, so why report on what we know not to be true? It's not fair to whatever athlete or team or association might have been involved. And I don't know what Matthes or his guests say or imply on his show, nor do I know all of what was posted and/or deleted here on a message board, but it's all part of the new nature of the conversation, whether it's in sports reporting, entertainment, politics, whatever. It's really easy to spin, to guess, to exaggerate and even be correct and scoop on whatever you want because everyone has a voice now with online and social media, but no one has the same responsibility as a traditional media outlet. The difference between a message forum or streaming show and a magazine or newscast is still evolving in many people's minds....

You want real info on these topics and I tried to give it to you, but even that's not enough because you've apparently made up your mind--you want the actual insight, instead of "cover ups and vague statements" but I didn't give you a cover-up or vague statement, and I simply said that it didn't happen. End of story for me, but it will live on here for as long as you guys want to keep it going, but I gotta move on to things that actually happen in and around the sport.

DC
Racer X
kkawboy14
6/11/2018 7:01am
DC wrote:
Instead just come out and say the info was false or confirm it and report on it officially. Okay, again, no one failed a WADA test...
Instead just come out and say the info was false or confirm it and report on it officially.

I heard a little and read the rumors and speculation here too, but nothing ever came of them, so why report on what we know not to be true? It's not fair to whatever athlete or team or association might have been involved. And I don't know what Matthes or his guests say or imply on his show, nor do I know all of what was posted and/or deleted here on a message board, but it's all part of the new nature of the conversation, whether it's in sports reporting, entertainment, politics, whatever. It's really easy to spin, to guess, to exaggerate and even be correct and scoop on whatever you want because everyone has a voice now with online and social media, but no one has the same responsibility as a traditional media outlet. The difference between a message forum or streaming show and a magazine or newscast is still evolving in many people's minds....

You want real info on these topics and I tried to give it to you, but even that's not enough because you've apparently made up your mind--you want the actual insight, instead of "cover ups and vague statements" but I didn't give you a cover-up or vague statement, and I simply said that it didn't happen. End of story for me, but it will live on here for as long as you guys want to keep it going, but I gotta move on to things that actually happen in and around the sport.

DC
Racer X
So are you saying no new unnamed rider has failed any drug test anywhere?
All the top 40 riders are safe? No problem with any of them?
DC
6/11/2018 7:08am
No one failed a WADA drug test at Daytona. That's what I was addressing, that is all I know. I am not privy to the internals or the personal medical history of any of the other 39 riders in the top forty (we all know that #20 unfortunately did fail a WADA drug test, but not at Daytona). I would only know of WADA testing during SX, and USADA testing during MX. I'm not in the business or guessing or speculating.

But that's not enough for you, I know. Let me know when you guys put the pitchforks down and move on, I may have some info on new rules coming...

Just kidding.

DC
Racer X
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/11/2018 7:14am
DC wrote:
No one failed a WADA drug test at Daytona. That's what I was addressing, that is all I know. I am not privy to the internals...
No one failed a WADA drug test at Daytona. That's what I was addressing, that is all I know. I am not privy to the internals or the personal medical history of any of the other 39 riders in the top forty (we all know that #20 unfortunately did fail a WADA drug test, but not at Daytona). I would only know of WADA testing during SX, and USADA testing during MX. I'm not in the business or guessing or speculating.

But that's not enough for you, I know. Let me know when you guys put the pitchforks down and move on, I may have some info on new rules coming...

Just kidding.

DC
Racer X
Looking forward to high point this weekend. 250 class is heating up and Eli is making a run. Let's hope the weather is good. F this B's.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/11/2018 7:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
So are you saying no new unnamed rider has failed any drug test anywhere? All the top 40 riders are safe? No problem with any of...
A rider could fail a team administered drug test, and still be "safe" as far as the racing series is concerned. He could also be fired for breach of contract by his team.

The rumor was a certain rider was fired for failing a drug test. The speculation was it was either a team administered test, or Daytona where the 250 regular (not subject to testing) made the main in the 450 class. Sounds like one of those possibilities has been eliminated.

rangot
6/11/2018 7:19am
Matthes said on the show that he indeed heard a rumor, but he thinks that's bullshit. That's all what he said. Not worth of a shit storm.
kkawboy14
6/11/2018 7:23am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 7:23am
DC wrote:
No one failed a WADA drug test at Daytona. That's what I was addressing, that is all I know. I am not privy to the internals...

Just kidding.

DC
Racer X
It’s enough for me! I didn’t make the claim somebody new failed. But you have to admit there is a lot of stuff that gets posted here....denied by others....then proved factual!

It’s kind of like a day with Trump Smile
kkawboy14
6/11/2018 7:24am
kkawboy14 wrote:
So are you saying no new unnamed rider has failed any drug test anywhere? All the top 40 riders are safe? No problem with any of...
GrapeApe wrote:
A rider could fail a team administered drug test, and still be "safe" as far as the racing series is concerned. He could also be fired...
A rider could fail a team administered drug test, and still be "safe" as far as the racing series is concerned. He could also be fired for breach of contract by his team.

The rumor was a certain rider was fired for failing a drug test. The speculation was it was either a team administered test, or Daytona where the 250 regular (not subject to testing) made the main in the 450 class. Sounds like one of those possibilities has been eliminated.

Ahhhh
billyp330
6/11/2018 8:27am
DC wrote:
Instead just come out and say the info was false or confirm it and report on it officially. Okay, again, no one failed a WADA test...

DC
Racer X
You originally quoted my post regarding the lack of professionalism with our sports media coverage that in no way was directed at you or your media outlet. It was directed to ML's and I GuyB's posts on this forum about the rumors and then there sudden disappearance on this forum as well as other posters comments. Though I do see why you took offense to it looking back as it was media outlets in general, sorry about that. My intention was to expose the hypocrisy of how its ok for Vital admins to post rumors and hint towards specific riders by name one day, then the next all is deleted and buried with no explanation.

You then stated a fact that only alluded to one of the several aspects of the topic (WADA test at Daytona) therefore I stated it was vague as you didnt touch on any other aspect of the rumor including the main point of the rumor and topic title, which is that a professional racer failed a drug test.

Again, my intention was not meant to be disrespectful to you or your media outlet in anyway, i simply wanted an explanation of why the rumor was suddenly banished around a specific rider that was originally implied by ML. I have nothing against said rider and in fact have been very outspoken about my view of PEDs and drug testing in general (i dont believe that are really beneficial in moto and think we shouldn't go through the trouble of testing at all). No idea if any of the rumors had any truth to them at all, just seemed odd to me that instead of the Vital people coming out and saying they were proved to be false rumors, they just deleted the posts with the rider in question name.
DC
6/11/2018 9:36am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 9:49am
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at Daytona. As for all of the other stuff, I try not to get too deeply into the weeds on all of that, because if and when you are wrong about relaying a rumor it can have real and irreversible damage to an athlete's career. If something happened internally on a team, the team usually deals with it internally. No one knew about Julian Edelman's failed test until the team, the league and the athlete all announced it last Friday.

As for Michael and Guy B., I have a great deal of both respect and sympathy for the Vital MX staff, as they are constantly trying to get and set the record straight, sometimes in the blur between what they wrote on Vital, and what others wrote in the Vital forum, because out here in the rest of the world, it's just "I read it on Vital" and it's not qualified as a forum post or a reported feature. I've known Guy B for a long time and consider him one of the very top true journalists in the sport, as far as race-day reporting and during-the-work news. I can't and don't read everything here and know that sometimes things go up and down on every site (happens on Racer X too) as we all try to get the story right and first. It's all different now that everything can be printed in reversible, virtual ink.

I do know that in whatever rush you guys are in to "out" whoever or whatever this might have been, it got conflated into something "official" involving a "big-name" and WADA and all that, and that simply did not happen. That was all I was trying to explain, no offense taken and it's things like this that make Vital what is it is, and it's almost always really good and informative.

DC
Racer X

tprice07
6/11/2018 10:23am
DC wrote:
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at...
billyp330, no problem at all, no real offense taken, just pointing out that there was no truth to the rumor about a failed WADA test at Daytona. As for all of the other stuff, I try not to get too deeply into the weeds on all of that, because if and when you are wrong about relaying a rumor it can have real and irreversible damage to an athlete's career. If something happened internally on a team, the team usually deals with it internally. No one knew about Julian Edelman's failed test until the team, the league and the athlete all announced it last Friday.

As for Michael and Guy B., I have a great deal of both respect and sympathy for the Vital MX staff, as they are constantly trying to get and set the record straight, sometimes in the blur between what they wrote on Vital, and what others wrote in the Vital forum, because out here in the rest of the world, it's just "I read it on Vital" and it's not qualified as a forum post or a reported feature. I've known Guy B for a long time and consider him one of the very top true journalists in the sport, as far as race-day reporting and during-the-work news. I can't and don't read everything here and know that sometimes things go up and down on every site (happens on Racer X too) as we all try to get the story right and first. It's all different now that everything can be printed in reversible, virtual ink.

I do know that in whatever rush you guys are in to "out" whoever or whatever this might have been, it got conflated into something "official" involving a "big-name" and WADA and all that, and that simply did not happen. That was all I was trying to explain, no offense taken and it's things like this that make Vital what is it is, and it's almost always really good and informative.

DC
Racer X

DC, you brought up a good point earlier about investigative/professional journalism. There are a few things that aren't being done.

Matthes has done some interviews with Tickle and Clason, which are great, but they lack depth. A lot of that is one sided and revolves around the riders experience. In order to be objective we need both sides on those topics. Tickle seems to have some time on his hands so grab a camera, go down to his place and run through his race day routine. (assuming he agree obviously) Have him show you what he is taking. When is he taking it. Have him explain what it is supposed to do. Take those supplements to some experts in the area and ask them if that is true. Are these things really helping. Take them to be tested (yes I know it is expensive). Talk to some of the reps for the companies that produce those supplements. Talk to people who work in labs that can test for these items. Talk about cross contamination. You want to be as objective as possible but at the same time we do need to educate the fan base on how something like this can happen. The riders of this sport are assets and they are what add value to the sport.

When JS7's failed test came out he was very clear that he took the substance. James is obviously very quiet and so getting info from him is difficult. But that doesn't mean there isn't some way of finding out if there were other TUEs out there. Maybe even finding out what other TUEs that were issued were for. I'm guessing that info isn't accessible. Then document it. Here is what we did, we didn't get anything...they sent us around in circles etc. Go through the proper procedure for applying for a TUE. Maybe find out the glitches in their system. Find out how they handle the test samples. From the time of the race to the tests in the lab how are they treated. How precise is it. Is there a possibility for a sample to be mixed up. What testing the "B Sample" really means.

Beyond that, give us some info graphics. Let's see a visual representation of who has been tested, when the tests came out. Things like that help. I work as a designer but don't have time to mess with it at the moment so here is the raw data.

Based on Broc and James' test date vs result this should be the table for dates we would see test results. (60-65 days)

Post a reply to: Rumor is another big name failed drug test

The Latest