Rowers?

yz25
Appears to be the Concept 2 is the main brand in the rower equipment world. What would be another brand to its equal or possible a small step under the Concept 2. Looking to purchase one just doing some research.
|
Heavyrider
7/19/2019 10:52pm
yz25 wrote:
Appears to be the Concept 2 is the main brand in the rower equipment world. What would be another brand to its equal or possible a...
Appears to be the Concept 2 is the main brand in the rower equipment world. What would be another brand to its equal or possible a small step under the Concept 2. Looking to purchase one just doing some research.
That would be a used C2. Whistling
DB97
7/20/2019 3:13am
I picked up a used c2 rower on Facebook for $500 just look around. Just looked at the log the dude used it 4 hrs total lol.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/20/2019 5:02am
You will regret getting any other brand. Any gym you go to should have c2 plus when you are comparing your stats or benchmarks they have a huge database to compare to.
7/20/2019 5:20am
Concept 2 is the way to go. Browse craigslist etc for a used one. Or go for an assault bike or rogue echo bike. Things are nasty and super effective. You’ll love/hate it lol

The Shop

KHI Guy
7/20/2019 6:54am
yz25 wrote:
Appears to be the Concept 2 is the main brand in the rower equipment world. What would be another brand to its equal or possible a...
Sole Fitness makes good home cardio equipment, if you are dead set against the Concept 2.
Crush
7/20/2019 7:21am
Yep, paid 400 for a C2 that had basically not been used, just left a long time. Cleaned it up, new batteries and been suffering in it the last few months. I don’t think there’s too many better ways to get fit than intervals on a rower. It’s a fucking good workout!
yz25
7/20/2019 7:35am
Well Concept it is. Been trying to sang one on eBay for a few weeks. But man I’m getting it handed to me! And none of the sellers want to ship. But if they bring that good resale value might just look into buying new push comes to shove..... OBW. Have a real nice treadmill, wife just had to have, may have a total of 15mn max on it I’ll trade for one....Lol.
KHI Guy
7/20/2019 10:27am
yz25 wrote:
Well Concept it is. Been trying to sang one on eBay for a few weeks. But man I’m getting it handed to me! And none of...
Well Concept it is. Been trying to sang one on eBay for a few weeks. But man I’m getting it handed to me! And none of the sellers want to ship. But if they bring that good resale value might just look into buying new push comes to shove..... OBW. Have a real nice treadmill, wife just had to have, may have a total of 15mn max on it I’ll trade for one....Lol.
Just make sure that you have used a rower enough prior to purchase to know if you will actually use it. I like to run and ride a stationary bike, so I bought a rower to compliment those things. For some reason, I absolutely hate using the rower so it just sits collecting dust. Pinch
yz25
7/20/2019 10:35am
yz25 wrote:
Well Concept it is. Been trying to sang one on eBay for a few weeks. But man I’m getting it handed to me! And none of...
KHI Guy wrote:
Just make sure that you have used a rower enough prior to purchase to know if you will actually use it. I like to run and...
Just make sure that you have used a rower enough prior to purchase to know if you will actually use it. I like to run and ride a stationary bike, so I bought a rower to compliment those things. For some reason, I absolutely hate using the rower so it just sits collecting dust. Pinch
Is it concept 2? If so want to sell it?
olds cool
7/20/2019 10:42am
yz25 wrote:
KHI Guy wrote:
Just make sure that you have used a rower enough prior to purchase to know if you will actually use it. I like to run and...
You’ve got to force yourself to use it for a while until you subconsciously start to miss it. Sounds crazy for a self inflicted torture device but once you start lowering your times for different sessions, ie 5000m, 10000m, etc you start looking forward to the next chance to log a better result. I’m approaching 2mil meters overall and feel bad when I miss a day.
yz25
7/20/2019 11:35am
Alarm goes off at 345am every morning then off to the gym 5- 6 days a week.. Like getting the weights In before the “world” wakes up. Lol. After college said I would never get up that early again to lift weights. Been in that routine for 3-4years. Best habit I ever got back into! Would like throw in a good cardio session before going to sleep. Commitment will not be a problem I don’t believe. Have problems going to bed, don’t want meds... need something to drain the “system”. It appears to be great for moto. Win-Win.
dedi684
7/20/2019 12:24pm
Love my concept 2. 45 y/o i race occaisonally and love the challenge of the rower.
TallonT911
7/20/2019 2:51pm
I found one for $600, just grabbed it last week. Check the offerup and letgo apps as well, you might have to wait a month or so to find a decent deal but they do pop up
Motofinne
7/21/2019 2:41am
I bought a SkiErg brand new, it is well worth the investment.

Now im also looking for a Concept2 Rower but they are really difficult to find used for a decent price here in Finland. I found a couple but they wanted around 800-900€ for them but there is no way that i'm paying over 600€ for an used unit.
Justin_P
Fantasy
4024th
2/21/2021 1:39pm
Hi guys, sorry to dig up an old thread but didn't want to start a new one pertaining to the same subject. I'm working on getting my fitness back and am fortunate enough to have a c2 bike/rower/ and ski erg at work. I also have a bike here at the house that my wife and I use but am looking to get a rower for home too. Problem is the prices of the c2 rowers have gone up a good bit and I can't find any used ones around me. I have been looking at the pro-form 550r and 750r as well as the sunny health and fitness obsidian, and phantom. Just wondering if anybody has experience with these or maybe others that I haven't mentioned for under $600. Thanks!
Motogoof
2/21/2021 1:48pm
I used a concept at my local gym for ages but with the first lock down I could not find one in my price range. I settled on a Northern Lite Arc-102. I really like it. Quiet and dependable.
Justin_P
Fantasy
4024th
2/21/2021 2:43pm
Buy a used Concept 2. No other real choice.
Yeah that would be ideal, still keeping my eyes out for one but not holding my breath.
FI2T
2/21/2021 5:10pm
Have a look at the Matrix rower. I had 10 of them between my two gyms. They are very nice, quiet compared to the c2, seats are more comfortable, foot placement is wider and they held up to a lot of abuse.
2/21/2021 8:18pm
Justin_P wrote:
Yeah that would be ideal, still keeping my eyes out for one but not holding my breath.
I found mine on FB marketplace for $500. Keep looking.
Robbirob25
2/22/2021 6:37am
I have used a Concept 2 for a long time at the gym... Before making the leap to purchase one, I decided to buy a less expensive one to make certain I would use it at home, as much as I do when at the gym. I purchased a "Fitness Reality" Magnetic Rower off of Amazon for $289.00, and like it every bit as much as the Concept 2 rower I have used at the gym for $55.00 a month. My background is, I am 57 year old Vet Rider whom has raced consecutively since 1974. I really thought I would use this for a while, and then commit to a Concept 2. Nope. As for now, I see no reason to buy the more expensive option.

Just my opinion, nothing more!
psg119
2/22/2021 10:36am
GetRxd has a rower called Xebex that is nearly an exact replica of C2 and is a couple hundred bucks cheaper. Not sure if they are currently in stock though.
Justin_P
Fantasy
4024th
2/22/2021 4:30pm
Thanks everyone for the advice/insight!
McG194
2/23/2021 5:53am
The problem and the reason he brought this thread back up is they are few and far in between. Used Concept 2's are going for more than new cost around here and I don't see many of them at that. It is good to know there are some alternatives.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
2/23/2021 6:06am
I hesitated on picking up a C2 last winter and was going to grab one in the spring. Prices went bat shit for most the year, and even used C2’s we’re going for hundreds more than what a new one was before the pandemic.

I know you’re looking for a cheaper option, but prices are coming back to normal for C2’s if it’s still an option. I ended up Grabbing a c2 off amazon last month for $1200 which was what I planned on paying before the pandemic.

Post a reply to: Rowers?

The Latest