Rowdy knee injury

navalseabee
Edited Date/Time 9/30/2021 3:29pm
Well my left knee finally gave up the ghost, Dr. said PCL is detached, menicious torn, grade 3 MCL possible grade 2 ACL. I see the surgeon tomorrow. Super bummed I imagine I'm out of riding for a good while. Just needed a place to vent with moto dudes and guys who've probably experienced it.... anyone need a 21 yz450 Grinning
|
tobz
9/28/2021 4:32pm
Good god at least you’ve done a proper job of it Laughing enjoy the sleep and do the therapy man, you’ll be keen and back in no time
navalseabee
9/28/2021 5:14pm
Is it an avulsion fracture?
Not super sure, here's the impression from the mri read. The Dr I spoke with today enlightened me to that she's sure the pcl is compromised.
9/28/2021 5:18pm
Wow that may as well be Chinese lol they way you described it sounded like an avulsion fracture, where you rip the ligament(s) out of the bone, not like a normal tear. I did mine last summer, still aches and can’t fully bend all
The way

The Shop

navalseabee
9/28/2021 5:24pm
Wow that may as well be Chinese lol they way you described it sounded like an avulsion fracture, where you rip the ligament(s) out of the...
Wow that may as well be Chinese lol they way you described it sounded like an avulsion fracture, where you rip the ligament(s) out of the bone, not like a normal tear. I did mine last summer, still aches and can’t fully bend all
The way
I know right! What she showed me on the mri looked like what your describing, but she never said those words.
flarider
9/28/2021 5:29pm
Good luck with your knee.

Did you know they do PARTIAL knee replacements now?

Looks like I am headed there soon

flarider
9/28/2021 5:32pm
Is it an avulsion fracture?
Not super sure, here's the impression from the mri read. The Dr I spoke with today enlightened me to that she's sure the pcl is compromised...
Not super sure, here's the impression from the mri read. The Dr I spoke with today enlightened me to that she's sure the pcl is compromised.
You gotta a teeny ACL
Titan1
9/28/2021 5:38pm
That sucks!

Don’t cut corners on the PT…
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
9/30/2021 2:48pm
I twisted my knee on Monday (volleyball). Could feel a pop or click. Felt like my knee was slightly out of joint.

I get a sharp pain if I touch the tissue on the inside of my knee. I expect it’s an MCL injury. Some swelling but not much at all. No bruising. No history of bad knee problems from mx thank gosh.

Had a wicked limp for a day or two but I’m starting to walk normally today with no major pain.

For you guys who have dealt with MCL injuries, will it heal? Can I cycle lightly or should I just stay off it for a while?
wydopen
9/30/2021 3:25pm
I twisted my knee on Monday (volleyball). Could feel a pop or click. Felt like my knee was slightly out of joint. I get a sharp...
I twisted my knee on Monday (volleyball). Could feel a pop or click. Felt like my knee was slightly out of joint.

I get a sharp pain if I touch the tissue on the inside of my knee. I expect it’s an MCL injury. Some swelling but not much at all. No bruising. No history of bad knee problems from mx thank gosh.

Had a wicked limp for a day or two but I’m starting to walk normally today with no major pain.

For you guys who have dealt with MCL injuries, will it heal? Can I cycle lightly or should I just stay off it for a while?
Yes...I did mine and it healed itself after awhile. Behind the knee felt swollen for a few years and I couldnt bend it all the way but that's gone now too.. Probably some light pedaling to start once it isn't painful to do so...That was in the same knee I had the meniscus removed..15 years later and zero problems (knock on wood)
9/30/2021 3:28pm
I twisted my knee on Monday (volleyball). Could feel a pop or click. Felt like my knee was slightly out of joint. I get a sharp...

Not an orthopedist, but I have had 4 knee surgeries (two ACL full tear repairs, one "bucket handle" meniscus repair and a 4th surgery for a wreck that took out my ACL again and finally with a partial MCL tear and femoral condyle fracturing) and what you are describing sounds more like a torn meniscus. Plant foot and twist with only body weight is very typical and easy injury to get playing basketball and volleyball, etc.. It will not heal on it's own, but the pain will go away and won't be too bad... until the torn piece moves one morning and locks your knee while you are getting out of bed and you are wondering WTF just happened and then you remember it was that injury from 3 years ago come back to slap you into reality. Get an MRI and get it fixed. Do the PT, and you'll be good as new. YMMV.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
9/30/2021 4:11pm
Not an orthopedist, but I have had 4 knee surgeries (two ACL full tear repairs, one "bucket handle" meniscus repair and a 4th surgery for a...
Not an orthopedist, but I have had 4 knee surgeries (two ACL full tear repairs, one "bucket handle" meniscus repair and a 4th surgery for a wreck that took out my ACL again and finally with a partial MCL tear and femoral condyle fracturing) and what you are describing sounds more like a torn meniscus. Plant foot and twist with only body weight is very typical and easy injury to get playing basketball and volleyball, etc.. It will not heal on it's own, but the pain will go away and won't be too bad... until the torn piece moves one morning and locks your knee while you are getting out of bed and you are wondering WTF just happened and then you remember it was that injury from 3 years ago come back to slap you into reality. Get an MRI and get it fixed. Do the PT, and you'll be good as new. YMMV.
Good stuff. That does sound like it.
Shredder
Fantasy
1242nd
10/1/2021 12:21pm
flarider wrote:
Good luck with your knee. Did you know they do PARTIAL knee replacements now? Looks like I am headed there soon [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/28/512272/s1200_a00585f04.jpg[/img]
Good luck with your knee.

Did you know they do PARTIAL knee replacements now?

Looks like I am headed there soon

Here's mine

sesker15
10/1/2021 6:18pm
Well my left knee finally gave up the ghost, Dr. said PCL is detached, menicious torn, grade 3 MCL possible grade 2 ACL. I see the...
Well my left knee finally gave up the ghost, Dr. said PCL is detached, menicious torn, grade 3 MCL possible grade 2 ACL. I see the surgeon tomorrow. Super bummed I imagine I'm out of riding for a good while. Just needed a place to vent with moto dudes and guys who've probably experienced it.... anyone need a 21 yz450 Grinning
Just had this surgery in November 2020. I was back riding on April 2021. Therapy 3 times a week. Trust me it will get better. DM me if you need to vent some more. Good luck. Oh yea order a ice machine asap.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
9/12/2022 12:42am

Not an orthopedist, but I have had 4 knee surgeries (two ACL full tear repairs, one "bucket handle" meniscus repair and a 4th surgery for a...
Well Dr Mookie, you diagnosed it perfectly. Bucket handle tear and I'm going in for surgery tomorrow.

For those who have had their meniscus surgery, how long is the recovery? Anything to be careful of?

It's actually not bothering me as much these days. It hasn't popped out in a while but I think that's just because the inflammation has come down so there isn't as much pressure on the joint.

I think they are going to cut the piece out rather than try to repair it.
Presley155
9/13/2022 2:18pm
I first did my knee about 15 years ago. Tore my ACL, PCL, MCL, and did tibial plateau fractures. They fixed the ACL but left the PLC unrepaired. I've since had two more surgeries on it to clean up meniscus tears and now I'm totally bone on bone. The arthritis in my knee is gnarly. Doc says I'm due for a full knee replacement at 45 years old. Damn dirt bikes, lol. I've been putting it off but it's gotten so bad I'm thinking about going in and having it done this winter.

Post a reply to: Rowdy knee injury

The Latest