Round 3 Aussie Nats Postponed

66TR66
5/27/2021 5:39pm
66TR66 wrote:
That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people. We have enough things here to kill us. You guy's can stick to your 'Right to...
That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your 'Right to Bear Arms' propaganda bullshit.
Then mourn as a nation when a Sandy Hook, Mandalay Bay, Columbine or Virginia Tech happens.

Sorry to get political but wake up to yourself champ.
BobPA wrote:
Later champ, enjoy your click...
Ok pal. Whistling
Can't handle the truth.
BS12
5/27/2021 5:49pm
Does anyone know if any riders are affected regarding Manjimup next weekend? I see Clout is coming, Duffy is coming/already home, + the Gypsy clan.

Or whether the postponement of Rd 3 has opened the door for more riders to head West?

Frothing going to watch, but am contracted to a job in Kalgoorlie Sad
gerg
5/27/2021 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 6:53pm
tobz wrote:
Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else
bowl wrote:
Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine
tobz wrote:
We can handle our shit tho. Vics on the other hand, Pinch
The hotel quarantine "system" is a complete shit show I agree.

It should have been used as an emergency stopgap 6 months at most until actual proper quarantine centers setup...yet here we are still using hotels in the CBDs.

But international quarantine is a federal responsibly...this is all on that muppet Scomo.

Every single fucking outbreak from hotel quarantine and lockdown after lockdown costing billions why hasn't this guy been dragged out of office.

ugh politics...click me !!!!
fanger
5/27/2021 6:57pm
fanger wrote:
If you'd rather pay a little less tax and be bankrupted by an ambulance ride, go you!
NorCal1975 wrote:
Its not a "little less" in taxes though depending on what you do for a living. I have a college buddy who lives in Grafton NSW...
Its not a "little less" in taxes though depending on what you do for a living. I have a college buddy who lives in Grafton NSW and we have talked about this before. We are in very similar lines of work. I would pay abut $90K per year in total federal taxes to live in Australia, compared to about $35K here in Federal taxes. I can buy a lot of insurance for the $55K difference.

I don't have a problem paying a LOT less in taxes and making my own choices about how to insure myself and my family so I am not bankrupted by medical bills. But I know a lot of Americans struggle with healthcare costs. It can be challenging for people in that lower middle class window, make too much for free healthcare, but not enough to comfortably afford insurance.

The US also has 10x the population of Australia, so its a little bit more complicated over here when it comes to insurance and healthcare. That's not to say our system is perfect, its not. And we certainly have something of a debt problem here for sure! Blink
Shit you must be making a small fortune, fair call on the tax deal if you're making that sort of money. But for the average Joe making 50k a year, our system is far better.

Plus if your sneaky and get a good accountant over here you can claim most of it back at tax time.

I'm in a few Facebook groups centered around Americans and their stories of how fucked up the healthcare system or lack of is. It's truly sad.

The Shop

TreeFiddy
Fantasy
8th
5/27/2021 7:14pm
BS12 wrote:
Does anyone know if any riders are affected regarding Manjimup next weekend? I see Clout is coming, Duffy is coming/already home, + the Gypsy clan. Or...
Does anyone know if any riders are affected regarding Manjimup next weekend? I see Clout is coming, Duffy is coming/already home, + the Gypsy clan.

Or whether the postponement of Rd 3 has opened the door for more riders to head West?

They posted about it yesterday,mellross was the only big name i noticed that wasnt mentioned as still coming.

Cant wait,im racing it for the first time.
66TR66
5/27/2021 8:57pm
BS12 wrote:
Does anyone know if any riders are affected regarding Manjimup next weekend? I see Clout is coming, Duffy is coming/already home, + the Gypsy clan. Or...

TreeFiddy wrote:
They posted about it yesterday,mellross was the only big name i noticed that wasnt mentioned as still coming.

Cant wait,im racing it for the first time.
Good luck Tree, what number are you so i can look out for you and if i need to wave the Pit board with 'GO FASTER PUSSY' on it. Whistling
TreeFiddy
Fantasy
8th
5/27/2021 9:11pm
66TR66 wrote:
Good luck Tree, what number are you so i can look out for you and if i need to wave the Pit board with 'GO FASTER...
Good luck Tree, what number are you so i can look out for you and if i need to wave the Pit board with 'GO FASTER PUSSY' on it. Whistling
Ha...ill definately be needing that on the pitboard. Im running #325 in masters
5/27/2021 9:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 10:06pm
NorCal1975 wrote:
Its not a "little less" in taxes though depending on what you do for a living. I have a college buddy who lives in Grafton NSW...
Its not a "little less" in taxes though depending on what you do for a living. I have a college buddy who lives in Grafton NSW and we have talked about this before. We are in very similar lines of work. I would pay abut $90K per year in total federal taxes to live in Australia, compared to about $35K here in Federal taxes. I can buy a lot of insurance for the $55K difference.

I don't have a problem paying a LOT less in taxes and making my own choices about how to insure myself and my family so I am not bankrupted by medical bills. But I know a lot of Americans struggle with healthcare costs. It can be challenging for people in that lower middle class window, make too much for free healthcare, but not enough to comfortably afford insurance.

The US also has 10x the population of Australia, so its a little bit more complicated over here when it comes to insurance and healthcare. That's not to say our system is perfect, its not. And we certainly have something of a debt problem here for sure! Blink
Sorry, but taxes are not nearly triple that of the USA in Australia, not even close.
Don't forget, we don't pay state and federal taxes separately either. just federal tax
We pay on average about 3k a year more than the average American.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/australians-may-pay-more-taxes-than-ame…

And yes, the US has a population of 10x, so that makes it more complicated, but with the population also comes with 10x the tax base and therefore resource.

Finally, the extra tax we do pay is not just because of healthcare. there are many other government programs which benefit

I have lived in 2 countries with higher tax rates than Aus, and one with a lower tax rate. I found there are pros and cons to the different approaches.

I am certainly not saying our system is perfect, but your buddy is either mistaken, or he should call the cops because his accountant is robbing him blind haha
66TR66
5/27/2021 9:43pm
TreeFiddy wrote:
Ha...ill definately be needing that on the pitboard. Im running #325 in masters
Cool! i'll be up at Rockin Roll Hill drinkin beers.
NorCal1975
5/27/2021 11:27pm
Sorry, but taxes are not nearly triple that of the USA in Australia, not even close. Don't forget, we don't pay state and federal taxes separately...
Sorry, but taxes are not nearly triple that of the USA in Australia, not even close.
Don't forget, we don't pay state and federal taxes separately either. just federal tax

And yes, the US has a population of 10x, so that makes it more complicated, but with the population also comes with 10x the tax base and therefore resource.

Finally, the extra tax we do pay is not just because of healthcare. there are many other government programs which benefit

I have lived in 2 countries with higher tax rates than Aus, and one with a lower tax rate. I found there are pros and cons to the different approaches.

I am certainly not saying our system is perfect, but your buddy is either mistaken, or he should call the cops because his accountant is robbing him blind haha
I was not talking about averages (which would be more relevant, I will certainly admit that!) My NSW friend makes over $300K per year, married with 2 kids (he is a banking consultant). I will ask him what he paid last year, and I am sure he will tell me. I will say it is for important Vital research (lol), but I am guessing it is close to $100K in income tax.

But I would agree, if the average tax payer in Australia got healthcare included for only an additional $3K compared to the average American that is a really good deal.

But you guys have other taxes too, just like we do, sales tax is high in OZ, like 10% right? That is what I remembered. You guys also pay property tax like most Americans do don't you? And I think you have medicare tax as well, just like us over here, no?

Anyway, I am not here to bag on Australia, I have been there several times and I think it is a great place. I only know a little bit about your tax system because of the kind of work I am in and through my friend there. You locals certainly would know more than me.

This page could give you a good sense of how large the difference could be between the two countries for someone at my friends income level (deductions and other tax rules complicate the comparisons for sure) - https://sendmoneyaustralia.com/tax-rates-in-australia-comparison-to-usa…

or: https://au.talent.com/tax-calculator?salary=325000&from=year®ion=Australia

At more "average" income levels the difference in tax rates would not nearly be as large I am sure, more to your point. Anyway, on to moto this weekend, hopefully your boys get back at it soon!
5/27/2021 11:43pm
Sorry, but taxes are not nearly triple that of the USA in Australia, not even close. Don't forget, we don't pay state and federal taxes separately...

NorCal1975 wrote:
I was not talking about averages (which would be more relevant, I will certainly admit that!) My NSW friend makes over $300K per year, married with...
I was not talking about averages (which would be more relevant, I will certainly admit that!) My NSW friend makes over $300K per year, married with 2 kids (he is a banking consultant). I will ask him what he paid last year, and I am sure he will tell me. I will say it is for important Vital research (lol), but I am guessing it is close to $100K in income tax.

But I would agree, if the average tax payer in Australia got healthcare included for only an additional $3K compared to the average American that is a really good deal.

But you guys have other taxes too, just like we do, sales tax is high in OZ, like 10% right? That is what I remembered. You guys also pay property tax like most Americans do don't you? And I think you have medicare tax as well, just like us over here, no?

Anyway, I am not here to bag on Australia, I have been there several times and I think it is a great place. I only know a little bit about your tax system because of the kind of work I am in and through my friend there. You locals certainly would know more than me.

This page could give you a good sense of how large the difference could be between the two countries for someone at my friends income level (deductions and other tax rules complicate the comparisons for sure) - https://sendmoneyaustralia.com/tax-rates-in-australia-comparison-to-usa…

or: https://au.talent.com/tax-calculator?salary=325000&from=year®ion=Australia

At more "average" income levels the difference in tax rates would not nearly be as large I am sure, more to your point. Anyway, on to moto this weekend, hopefully your boys get back at it soon!
Correct, we do pay sales, property and medicare taxes. plus a few extra things here and there.
I guess the point i was making was the federal vs state tax thing, as we don't pay state tax directly.

Cheers.

Post a reply to: Round 3 Aussie Nats Postponed

The Latest