Round 3 Aussie Nats Postponed

66TR66
5/25/2021 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 11:43pm
I'm just Glad i never pulled the trigger and flew over.Sad

Lifted and Paste from the good folk at MotoOnline.

Motorcycling Australia working to reschedule Gillman round of 2021.

Image: Foremost Media.

The postponement of round three of the 2021 Penrite ProMX Championship has now been made official by Motorcycling Australia (MA), ensuring that an alternate date at Gillman will now be sought over the coming weeks.

MotoOnline broke the news this afternoon that organisers were moving to postpone the event in response to the covid-19 cluster in Melbourne’s north, which has escalated to 15 confirmed cases today.

“While the South Australian government border and quarantine restrictions are disappointing, the health and safety of riders, teams, officials and fans come first,” a statement from the ProMX Management Team read.

“We want to ensure South Australian motocross fans we will work hard over the coming days and weeks with the Motocross Riders Association (MRA) to find an alternative date to ensure fans get to see first-hand the spectacular dirt flying action that the Penrite ProMX Championship, presented by AMX Superstore, produces. We want to thank our riders, teams, partners and fans for their understanding at this difficult decision, but we return to South Australia at a date yet to be confirmed.”

The South Australian Government has announced that any traveller who has been in Greater Melbourne (not including the City of Whittlesea) in the past 14 days is subject to Level 3 restrictions, which include self-quarantine until negative COVID-19 test and no entry to high risk settings or COVID Management Plan events for 14 days after arrival.

As per today’s earlier news, it’s understood that discussions are taking place for the rescheduled event to be held between the Maitland and Wodonga rounds, which would potentially see it fit into the calendar during the early to mid-stages of July.
|
tobz
5/25/2021 11:43pm
Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else
tobz
5/25/2021 11:44pm
In all seriousness I feel for the organisers Sad hope the reschedule works well for them.
SilverSpurs
5/26/2021 12:04am
Not 'Melbourne'.

It's the abjectly hopeless Vic Gov's Covid quarrantine and track and trace system and the panicky SA government.

Farken.
CPR
5/26/2021 3:07am
Yeah SA government seems a bit overly trigger happy IMO.

The Shop

5/26/2021 3:18am
Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..
bowl
5/26/2021 4:08am
tobz wrote:
Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine
Deja New
5/26/2021 4:13am
We all know Covid stands for Cunts of Victoria ignoring directives Blink
In all seriousness hope it all gets back on track….
CPR
5/26/2021 4:14am
tobz wrote:
bowl wrote:
Correct, this isn’t Vic’s fuckup, it was SA’s quarantine system.
tobz
5/26/2021 4:33am
tobz wrote:
bowl wrote:
We can handle our shit tho. Vics on the other hand, Pinch
smoothwakey
Fantasy
200th
5/26/2021 4:50am
I'm spewing, was really looking forward to Sunday. Will hold onto my tickets until it is rescheduled
SilverSpurs
5/26/2021 7:06am
tobz wrote:
bowl wrote:
It did come from SA some weeks ago, was detected and the Vic tracers dithered and stuffed up locations and contacts.
SilverSpurs
5/26/2021 7:08am
LOL.

Australia has had 1 (one) Covid death in 2021.
JazzyJJ
5/26/2021 7:12am
Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.
66TR66
5/26/2021 5:30pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.
That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your 'Right to Bear Arms' propaganda bullshit.
Then mourn as a nation when a Sandy Hook, Mandalay Bay, Columbine or Virginia Tech happens.

Sorry to get political but wake up to yourself champ.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
5/26/2021 5:58pm
I love when politics are brought up on Vital...
crt32
5/26/2021 7:31pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
66TR66 wrote:
That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people. We have enough things here to kill us. You guy's can stick to your 'Right to...

Then mourn as a nation when a Sandy Hook, Mandalay Bay, Columbine or Virginia Tech happens.

So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you give away your bike because some lunatic stole one and terrorized the streets of Baltimore 🤦
5/26/2021 7:39pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
This has nothing to do with guns, dont be a peanut.
Most Australian's are happy with how we have handled the pandemic. and most have been living with very few restrictions. I went to the football a few weeks ago along with 75,000 people
Bearuno
5/26/2021 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2021 11:18pm

There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ.

My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in private hands. A few members of my family have a variety of guns, and, well, my Dad left my brothers and I a (couple of) million $ + collection of the finest Brit , Italian and Belgian Shotguns you could think of. I grew up around them, had 'sluggies', then my own .22s, but bloody hell, they had nothing, absolutely nothing, on 2 wheels, for me. Though, I do, at times, love the engineering of some of them.

We just don't have a huge 'gun culture' here in OZ, as the US has. It's as simple as that.

But, there always tends to be a few f**wits that come out with "they tuk yer Gunz" comments, pushing their agenda / showing their pig ignorance.

A Lot of people made good money from throwing out old guns that were cluttering up their garages etc. My girlfriend got a couple of grand from getting rid of her dads crappy old collection.

Yes, we can't legally own AR type guns, and various others, but we don't live scared, we don't think we have to go to war against each other, or the Government. You don't need a AR type weapon to bring down a lot of Pigs ( "if it's Feral, it's in Peril" - c/r Roy and HG) and a shedload of Roos when they get in plague proportions. And an AR won't help with the current Mouse Plague here in Western NSW....Sad

And yes, crims can always get guns - heck, I could waddle out and get something 'off the books' , knowing how to / who to see ( helps if I was so inclined, having most of my relos in the Police and Armed Forces) , but that's the case everybloodywhere.

For us here in OZ, a shooting death is pretty bloody rare, and, makes the headlines. I just heard that you'd lost another 8 in San Jose, when another utter f**kwit let loose.

In short, Americans have their customs, we have ours.
chump6784
5/27/2021 12:02am
Bearuno wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/05/26/495273/s1200_Christ_Not_this_Shit_Again_Baby_pic.jpg[/img] There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ. My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in private hands. A few...

My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in private hands. A few members of my family have a variety of guns, and, well, my Dad left my brothers and I a (couple of) million $ + collection of the finest Brit , Italian and Belgian Shotguns you could think of. I grew up around them, had 'sluggies', then my own .22s, but bloody hell, they had nothing, absolutely nothing, on 2 wheels, for me. Though, I do, at times, love the engineering of some of them.

We just don't have a huge 'gun culture' here in OZ, as the US has. It's as simple as that.

But, there always tends to be a few f**wits that come out with "they tuk yer Gunz" comments, pushing their agenda / showing their pig ignorance.

A Lot of people made good money from throwing out old guns that were cluttering up their garages etc. My girlfriend got a couple of grand from getting rid of her dads crappy old collection.

Yes, we can't legally own AR type guns, and various others, but we don't live scared, we don't think we have to go to war against each other, or the Government. You don't need a AR type weapon to bring down a lot of Pigs ( "if it's Feral, it's in Peril" - c/r Roy and HG) and a shedload of Roos when they get in plague proportions. And an AR won't help with the current Mouse Plague here in Western NSW....Sad

And yes, crims can always get guns - heck, I could waddle out and get something 'off the books' , knowing how to / who to see ( helps if I was so inclined, having most of my relos in the Police and Armed Forces) , but that's the case everybloodywhere.

For us here in OZ, a shooting death is pretty bloody rare, and, makes the headlines. I just heard that you'd lost another 8 in San Jose, when another utter f**kwit let loose.

kinda hard to argue with that.
66TR66
5/27/2021 12:40am
Bearuno wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/05/26/495273/s1200_Christ_Not_this_Shit_Again_Baby_pic.jpg[/img] There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ. My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in private hands. A few...

chump6784 wrote:
kinda hard to argue with that.

CPR
5/27/2021 2:45am
JazzyJJ wrote:
66TR66 wrote:
That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people. We have enough things here to kill us. You guy's can stick to your 'Right to...

crt32 wrote:
So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you give away your bike...
So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you give away your bike because some lunatic stole one and terrorized the streets of Baltimore 🤦
Yeah and that was 25 years ago, hasn’t been a single massacre since.
Meanwhile we can still have licensed firearms quite easily if you have a legitimate need to.

How’s your right to bear arms working out in the good ole US of A?
VET176
5/27/2021 3:56am
fanger
5/27/2021 4:01am
Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting chumps Cool
CPR
5/27/2021 5:08am
fanger wrote:
Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting chumps Cool
😮😳😂🤣🤣🤣
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
5/27/2021 6:58am
VET176 wrote:
[img]https://goldcoastplumbingexperts.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/toilet-wont-flush.jpg[/img]
The real question is, do toilets flush backwards in Aussie?
BobPA
5/27/2021 7:03am
66TR66 wrote:

Later champ, enjoy your click...
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
5/27/2021 7:19am
JazzyJJ wrote:
66TR66 wrote:

crt32 wrote:
So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you give away your bike...
15 mass shootings in the USA since last Friday....
NorCal1975
5/27/2021 11:07am
fanger wrote:
Governments don't pay for medical bills, taxpayers do Wink
fanger
5/27/2021 3:57pm
fanger wrote:
NorCal1975 wrote:
Governments don't pay for medical bills, taxpayers do Wink
If you'd rather pay a little less tax and be bankrupted by an ambulance ride, go you!
NorCal1975
5/27/2021 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 5:32pm
fanger wrote:
If you'd rather pay a little less tax and be bankrupted by an ambulance ride, go you!
Its not a "little less" in taxes though depending on what you do for a living. I have a college buddy who lives in Grafton NSW and we have talked about this before. We are in very similar lines of work. I would pay abut $90K per year in total federal taxes to live in Australia, compared to about $35K here in Federal taxes. I can buy a lot of insurance for the $55K difference.

I don't have a problem paying a LOT less in taxes and making my own choices about how to insure myself and my family so I am not bankrupted by medical bills. But I know a lot of Americans struggle with healthcare costs. It can be challenging for people in that lower middle class window, make too much for free healthcare, but not enough to comfortably afford insurance.

The US also has 10x the population of Australia, so its a little bit more complicated over here when it comes to insurance and healthcare. That's not to say our system is perfect, its not. And we certainly have something of a debt problem here for sure! Blink

Post a reply to: Round 3 Aussie Nats Postponed

The Latest