Round 3 Aussie Nats Postponed

Related:
Create New Tag

5/25/2021 10:43 PM

I'm just Glad i never pulled the trigger and flew over.sad


Lifted and Paste from the good folk at MotoOnline.

Motorcycling Australia working to reschedule Gillman round of 2021.


Image: Foremost Media.

The postponement of round three of the 2021 Penrite ProMX Championship has now been made official by Motorcycling Australia (MA), ensuring that an alternate date at Gillman will now be sought over the coming weeks.

MotoOnline broke the news this afternoon that organisers were moving to postpone the event in response to the covid-19 cluster in Melbourne’s north, which has escalated to 15 confirmed cases today.

“While the South Australian government border and quarantine restrictions are disappointing, the health and safety of riders, teams, officials and fans come first,” a statement from the ProMX Management Team read.

“We want to ensure South Australian motocross fans we will work hard over the coming days and weeks with the Motocross Riders Association (MRA) to find an alternative date to ensure fans get to see first-hand the spectacular dirt flying action that the Penrite ProMX Championship, presented by AMX Superstore, produces. We want to thank our riders, teams, partners and fans for their understanding at this difficult decision, but we return to South Australia at a date yet to be confirmed.”

The South Australian Government has announced that any traveller who has been in Greater Melbourne (not including the City of Whittlesea) in the past 14 days is subject to Level 3 restrictions, which include self-quarantine until negative COVID-19 test and no entry to high risk settings or COVID Management Plan events for 14 days after arrival.

As per today’s earlier news, it’s understood that discussions are taking place for the rescheduled event to be held between the Maitland and Wodonga rounds, which would potentially see it fit into the calendar during the early to mid-stages of July.

|

5/25/2021 11:43 PM

Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else

|

5/25/2021 11:44 PM

In all seriousness I feel for the organisers sad hope the reschedule works well for them.

|

5/26/2021 12:04 AM

Not 'Melbourne'.

It's the abjectly hopeless Vic Gov's Covid quarrantine and track and trace system and the panicky SA government.

Farken.

|

5/26/2021 3:07 AM

Yeah SA government seems a bit overly trigger happy IMO.

|

5/26/2021 3:18 AM

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

|

5/26/2021 4:08 AM

tobz wrote:

Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else

Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine

|

5/26/2021 4:13 AM

We all know Covid stands for Cunts of Victoria ignoring directives blink
In all seriousness hope it all gets back on track….

|

5/26/2021 4:14 AM

tobz wrote:

Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else

bowl wrote:

Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine

Correct, this isn’t Vic’s fuckup, it was SA’s quarantine system.

|

5/26/2021 4:33 AM

tobz wrote:

Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else

bowl wrote:

Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine

We can handle our shit tho. Vics on the other hand, pinch

|

5/26/2021 4:50 AM

I'm spewing, was really looking forward to Sunday. Will hold onto my tickets until it is rescheduled

|

5/26/2021 7:06 AM

tobz wrote:

Friggin Melbourne. Fucks everything up for everyone else

bowl wrote:

Pretty sure the case came from sa quarantine

It did come from SA some weeks ago, was detected and the Vic tracers dithered and stuffed up locations and contacts.

|

5/26/2021 7:08 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

LOL.

Australia has had 1 (one) Covid death in 2021.

|

5/26/2021 7:12 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

|

5/26/2021 5:30 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

JazzyJJ wrote:

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your 'Right to Bear Arms' propaganda bullshit.
Then mourn as a nation when a Sandy Hook, Mandalay Bay, Columbine or Virginia Tech happens.

Sorry to get political but wake up to yourself champ.

|

5/26/2021 5:58 PM

I love when politics are brought up on Vital...

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

5/26/2021 7:31 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

JazzyJJ wrote:

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

66TR66 wrote:

That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your ...more

So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you give away your bike because some lunatic stole one and terrorized the streets of Baltimore 🤦

|

5/26/2021 7:39 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

Americans losing their minds that a city goes into lockdown over 15 cases..

JazzyJJ wrote:

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

This has nothing to do with guns, dont be a peanut.
Most Australian's are happy with how we have handled the pandemic. and most have been living with very few restrictions. I went to the football a few weeks ago along with 75,000 people

|

5/26/2021 10:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2021 11:18 PM

Photo


There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ.

My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in private hands. A few members of my family have a variety of guns, and, well, my Dad left my brothers and I a (couple of) million $ + collection of the finest Brit , Italian and Belgian Shotguns you could think of. I grew up around them, had 'sluggies', then my own .22s, but bloody hell, they had nothing, absolutely nothing, on 2 wheels, for me. Though, I do, at times, love the engineering of some of them.

We just don't have a huge 'gun culture' here in OZ, as the US has. It's as simple as that.

But, there always tends to be a few f**wits that come out with "they tuk yer Gunz" comments, pushing their agenda / showing their pig ignorance.

A Lot of people made good money from throwing out old guns that were cluttering up their garages etc. My girlfriend got a couple of grand from getting rid of her dads crappy old collection.

Yes, we can't legally own AR type guns, and various others, but we don't live scared, we don't think we have to go to war against each other, or the Government. You don't need a AR type weapon to bring down a lot of Pigs ( "if it's Feral, it's in Peril" - c/r Roy and HG) and a shedload of Roos when they get in plague proportions. And an AR won't help with the current Mouse Plague here in Western NSW....sad

And yes, crims can always get guns - heck, I could waddle out and get something 'off the books' , knowing how to / who to see ( helps if I was so inclined, having most of my relos in the Police and Armed Forces) , but that's the case everybloodywhere.

For us here in OZ, a shooting death is pretty bloody rare, and, makes the headlines. I just heard that you'd lost another 8 in San Jose, when another utter f**kwit let loose.

In short, Americans have their customs, we have ours.
|

5/27/2021 12:02 AM

Bearuno wrote: Photo


There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ.

My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in ...more

kinda hard to argue with that.

|

5/27/2021 12:40 AM

Bearuno wrote: Photo


There's plenty of guns in ownership here in OZ.

My state, I think there's something like 1.2+ million registered guns in ...more
chump6784 wrote:

kinda hard to argue with that.

Photo
|

5/27/2021 2:45 AM

JazzyJJ wrote:

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

66TR66 wrote:

That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your ...more

crt32 wrote:

So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you ...more

Yeah and that was 25 years ago, hasn’t been a single massacre since.
Meanwhile we can still have licensed firearms quite easily if you have a legitimate need to.

How’s your right to bear arms working out in the good ole US of A?

|

5/27/2021 3:56 AM

Photo
|

5/27/2021 4:01 AM

Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting chumps cool

|

5/27/2021 5:08 AM

fanger wrote:

Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting ...more

😮😳😂🤣🤣🤣

|

5/27/2021 6:58 AM

VET176 wrote: Photo

The real question is, do toilets flush backwards in Aussie?

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

5/27/2021 7:03 AM

66TR66 wrote:

That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your ...more

Later champ, enjoy your click...

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/27/2021 7:19 AM

JazzyJJ wrote:

Would expect nothing less from a country that gladly handed over their guns years ago.

66TR66 wrote:

That was after a lunatic gunned down 35 innocent people.
We have enough things here to kill us.

You guy's can stick to your ...more

crt32 wrote:

So because a lunatic as you say killed people, lawful citizens should give up their rights. Makes perfect sense. Why dont you ...more

15 mass shootings in the USA since last Friday....

|

5/27/2021 11:07 AM

fanger wrote:

Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting ...more

Governments don't pay for medical bills, taxpayers do wink

|

5/27/2021 3:57 PM

fanger wrote:

Maybe the government doesn't want us all to get sick because they pay our medical bills unlike you 3rd world gun tooting ...more

NorCal1975 wrote:

Governments don't pay for medical bills, taxpayers do wink

If you'd rather pay a little less tax and be bankrupted by an ambulance ride, go you!

|