Rookies making their pro debut this weekend?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2019 5:29 PM

What new faces will we see out there? I know Zane Merritt and Ty Masterpool are racing. Ty is a surprise for me, I didn't know he was old enough to go pro and I don't think he's ever raced the 250. Last year at Loretta's he he raced Schoolboy on the 125. Will be interesting to see how he does, hoping to see our Texas boys put on a show. Curren Thurman will be racing too, he ran the last few SX rounds this year and did ok. He should shine outdoors, same with Zane.

|

5/16/2019 5:35 PM

Derek Drake will be on TLD KTM. I seent it in one of them features on the home page.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
PROMO CODE: Hunter38 for 10% off your order at checkout! The best coffee and each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

5/16/2019 6:24 PM

Not really a rookie but hunter Lawrence making his AMA motocross debut I think

|

5/16/2019 6:44 PM

Derek Drake coming in with the most hype, I believe (thus, no surprise he's on an orange bike )

|

5/16/2019 6:54 PM

Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch? Pierce Brown? Jalek Swoll?

|

5/16/2019 7:06 PM

I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

5/16/2019 8:49 PM

With all these transgender/soft kids these days nobody is coming up. Why u think old guys are still racing.

|

5/16/2019 9:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2019 9:41 PM

carmfarm wrote:

With all these transgender/soft kids these days nobody is coming up. Why u think old guys are still racing.

I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine...

Edited to actually add to the thread:
Does anyone know if Hammaker, Swoll, Shimoda, Brown, Mumford or Kobusch are moving up after Loretta's, or will they wait until SX next year?

|

5/16/2019 9:46 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch? Pierce Brown? Jalek Swoll?

Shimoda will turn pro after LL this year.

|

If you liked my bike tests from Vital, head to my YouTube channel to see my latest tests and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcgAl-F63686Bfnt44vmrfQ
Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512

5/16/2019 10:58 PM

MX Culture wrote:

I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.

The real deal based on an 8 lap race on a track where kids on 50's are jumping everything?

|

5/16/2019 11:21 PM

Who’s the fastest dude that’s expected to move up this year and how do you think he will do?

|

5/16/2019 11:41 PM

MX Culture wrote:

I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.

McGinnis_339 wrote:

The real deal based on an 8 lap race on a track where kids on 50's are jumping everything?

God forbid someone actually compliment a rider around here...

|

5/17/2019 2:33 AM

carmfarm wrote:

With all these transgender/soft kids these days nobody is coming up. Why u think old guys are still racing.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

5/17/2019 2:50 AM

Moto331 wrote:

Who’s the fastest dude that’s expected to move up this year and how do you think he will do?

This year i would say Derek Drake is the fastest amateur coming up. But next year i think we will see Shimoda / Jett Lawrence / Mumford / Pierce Brown / Hammaker and so on

|

5/17/2019 4:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2019 4:35 AM

Sully wrote:

I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine...

Edited to actually add to the thread:
Does anyone know if Hammaker, Swoll, Shimoda, Brown, Mumford or Kobusch are moving up after Loretta's, or will they wait until SX next year?

The last I talked to Seth and his family, the plan was to skip Supercross and focus on a motocross the first year. But I think that will depend on what AC92 does at the end of this moto season.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93

5/17/2019 4:39 AM

Going to be a LOT of fast dudes without rides....

|

5/17/2019 4:56 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

Going to be a LOT of fast dudes without rides....

If only the MFG didn't give "amateurs" a bunch of "expense" money and instead spent that money on pro's...

|

5/17/2019 6:30 AM

Do we know which of these kids are coming in and doing a few races, as the rule for lorettas has changed, and then going back to being an "amateur" and how many are sticking around for the whole series? Is Derek Drake a full fledged TLD guy now?

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

5/17/2019 6:57 AM

What about ty masterpool? he's on the list, not sure if he's moving up

|

5/17/2019 7:10 AM

A couple of those names are good, but just not 'that' good.

|

5/17/2019 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2019 7:16 AM

meizoso wrote:

What about ty masterpool? he's on the list, not sure if he's moving up

Didn't think he was close to being ready. Oops the rules changed. You can run one pro race per season. So maybe he's just getting his feet wet.

|

5/17/2019 7:18 AM

carmfarm wrote:

With all these transgender/soft kids these days nobody is coming up. Why u think old guys are still racing.

Sully wrote:

I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine...

Edited to actually add to the thread:
Does anyone know if Hammaker, Swoll, Shimoda, Brown, Mumford or Kobusch are moving up after Loretta's, or will they wait until SX next year?

4DAIVIPAI2K5 wrote:

The last I talked to Seth and his family, the plan was to skip Supercross and focus on a motocross the first year. But I think that will depend on what AC92 does at the end of this moto season.

I saw on Hanny’s Insta Story that Seth had asked him about running the 100 as his normal 510 was taken. Sounds like maybe after LL he’ll be coming up based off of that?

|

5/17/2019 8:34 AM

loftyair wrote:

A couple of those names are good, but just not 'that' good.

Hardy Munoz checked out on Hammaker at Lake Sugartree AQ last weekend or so I heard.

|

5/17/2019 8:43 AM

meizoso wrote:

What about ty masterpool? he's on the list, not sure if he's moving up

toddh wrote:

Didn't think he was close to being ready. Oops the rules changed. You can run one pro race per season. So maybe he's just getting his feet wet.

I’m curious to see how well this goes for Ty. I thought Jake did well last year in Supercross so you can’t sleep on the Masterpool boys. It’s gonna be rad to have one in each class, nice work Mom and Pop!

|

5/17/2019 10:22 AM

I know he is not "rookie", but Challen Tennant is making his return this weekend.

|

5/17/2019 7:12 PM

Max Vohland is 15 now and should be moving up soon. Seen him out at a local track last weekend on an 85. Kid flys.

|

5/17/2019 10:27 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch? Pierce Brown? Jalek Swoll?

ML512 wrote:

Shimoda will turn pro after LL this year.

Whats going to happen with geico? Next year they have jmart,hunter Lawrence,craig,hampshire and sexton. Jo will move up and im guessing jett lawrence will at the same time? Surely they cant make them do another year in amateurs. Thats 7 riders on geico for 2020?

|

5/17/2019 10:43 PM

MX Culture wrote:

I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.

Kobush is riding a Suzuki now which surprised me. He will most likely be at LL then pro after that I would guess. Hardy Munoz is one I can't wait to see move up, kid is no joke.

|

5/17/2019 11:47 PM

yzken250x wrote:

Max Vohland is 15 now and should be moving up soon. Seen him out at a local track last weekend on an 85. Kid flys.

Can’t believe he’s still on 80s

|

5/18/2019 1:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2019 1:44 AM

Cant wait to see Hardy Munoz rookie debut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6RjLaJAQ4

** How do i Embed a video?

|